If you don't understand matrix 2 you can't understand the 1st or the 3rd one

If you don't understand matrix 2 you can't understand the 1st or the 3rd one.

The 2nd one is the most important one in the trilogy, It's the key to understanding that Zion it'self is also apart of the matrix.

thematrix101.com/reloaded/meaning.php

Other urls found in this thread:

mileswmathis.com/matrix.pdf
www2.ubishops.ca/baudrillardstudies/vol1_2/genosko.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Concordantly

[large words intensifies]

And also it was the best in the trilogy imho.

It is a basic science fiction plot.

>we live in a simulation

So Zion is another level of the matrix, it is a way to get the "malcontents" put out of the matrix only to beleive they are free, but Zion is a trap setup by the previous one.

>Agent smith was the one before neo
>He chose neo from the beginning to succeed him

I don't think the original ONE was smith, It was just some other guy. Smith was just another agent program right?

The Matrix is about Jews.

It was made by two jews and refeferences "Zion".

Who cares, it's retarded gay shit for kids anyways.

Take the redpill
Wake up sheeple

>visa fee

why did he keep shilling for a credit card company?

It's actually not. It has a lot of underlying meanings. It deals with simulations (Something that has recently become a question)

Show me a movie that isn't about Jews.

>Who cares, it's retarded gay shit for kids anyways.

You certainly can't be under the impression that you've somehow matured beyond childhood. Only kids talk like this.

this scene is what made me realise I was smarter than the average retard

>mind
>blown

Too bad this movie put the Wachowskis' love for shitty fuck montages front and center.

wait, people actually believe Zion is also a simulation?

It is, Go watch the architect scene in reloaded, He literally tells Neo zion is nothing but a sim.

Why would they need to invade it if it wasn't real?

who is this semen demon?

What if he's lying?

Tom Hardy

>He literally tells Neo zion is nothing but a sim.

No, he literally doesn't.

Ergo

Fiddler on the Roof

How else do you explain neo stopping the machines with his Jedi mind tricks even though they were in the real world?

Lol no he says the way it's set up is already planned and repeated, people wiped out leaving few to rebuild and so on

Irrevocably

Except he literally doesn't.

Because of an electrical connection, he's basically so in sync with the matrix he can put out the necessary data through the impulses in his brain

Just interconnectivity, there's nothing that hints about Zion being a damn simulation you fucking cunt

Can you believe they wanted to call it "Highway Crossing Frog"?

What would the point be to simulate the sun then? Why would bots make a simulation where they couldn't pass through some clouds?

Protip: Neo is a meta human or some other evolved form of human capable of using more than 15% of his brain. He knows telekenesis and has extra sensory abilities

How is he suppose to send anything if he's not connected to anything?

you do know the 15% is a myth to encourage dumb people

zion being a sim is more plausible than neo having psychic wifi

What if when he got shocked and went blind the jack in his head fused with his brain or something and gave him electromagnetic psychic powers?

Being in sync with the Matrix is not the same thing as being in sync with the rest of the AI.

would would machines use humans for energy instead of using natural thermal energy from the ground?

why didnt the robots make solar kites

yeah

the robots are dumber than humans....?

Doesn't explain why they would have fields of battery people

At the very least they could just grow genetically engineered lumps of flesh that turn nutrients into electricity and don't need an elaborate simulation.

He doesn't say that, he just says Zion (and people breaking free of the Matrix in general) is an accepted part of the cycle. It's happened before, they build their little society and have their prophecies and try to fight back, and then they're eventually all killed and it starts over.

He doesn't literally mean Zion is part of the Matrix, he means free human societies emerging are expected and incorporated into managing the Matrix as a solution to humans.

It's not that hard to accept really
Neo can literally see the code when he's hooked in, why not be able to slightly manipulate things against the creatures irl? It took him out anyway, it's not so far fetched from agent smith coming into the real world

how has this not been posted

Also, did you fucks really forget revolutions when neo goes blind and can still see the code?

>I just want to make myself look how I feel on the inside.

So they feel like some scary ugly monster creatures on the inside, got it.

Can't believe I actually just read that drivel. Spelling and grammatical errors abound. I've seen better discussion taking place on this board and that's saying something

The official version that was explained in the games is that Neo, as one, was pretty much a program in a human's body, with a special wireless connection to the source. The Oracle changed his code feeding him the cookie, making him independent from the source.

Zion and the "real world" are all part of the simulation. The Matrix is layer 1, Zion is in layer 2. There might be several other layers before you get to the actual real world.

Why else would Neo be able to use powers in layer 2? It also means the humans as batteries is just part of the simulation and not the real reason the machines are holding us.

good point

that would imply that zion is still in the matrix

So redpilled

>Matrix 4 is released
>Movie is about the new hero who finds out that humanity is living in the computer simulation
>For the whole movie he is chased by the agent whose face we don't see in any scene
>In the last scene it's revealed that this agent is Neo
>Movie ends with this cliffhanger

How would you react?

Watching anything other than the first one is a huge mistake

Shut the fuck up dude

Neo can't see shit except for things related to the matrix, if Zion really were a simulation too it'd work for your argument if he actually saw code for humans and could see other things

The architect tells neo the matrix has a 99% acceptance rate, Zion is the matrix of for the 1%, They are allowed to have their rebellion because it only ads to their delusion they are free.

Basically in order for the matrix to function it has to have a 100% acceptance rate. The zion matrix is there to ensure the rogue 1% doesn't cause problems.

why would neo have powers in the "real world"?

how could smith infect someone in the "real world"?

how could there have been 5 other neo's before

zion isn't real and neo is also a program..

wifi

might be an unpopular opinion, fuck it.

the matrix didnt need a sequel.

2 & 3 didnt necessarily ruin it but it was totally unnecessary.

The battery angle did always seem to me like an inefficient and laborious solution for the power problem, whether Zion was real or not. I have a theory that they actually want to preserve humanity out of their own version of sentiment because we created them.

This is why there needs to be a 4th installment to elaborate on that, It needs to show that morpheus's assumptions on the reason for the matrix was all wrong.

We need to go deeper into the reason the machines are preserving humans.

>neo has powers in the real world because he connected to the source when he met the architect, basically his mind became permanently connected to the matrix and the machine mainframe

>smith infected him in the matrix, where the mind is vulnerable and rode his shit to the real world

>i don't think there have been exactly 5 neos specifically, but 5 the Ones. if they all do looks and act the same (which they don't as the architect pointed out) then I guess genetics mother fucker

>the concept of zion as being free is part of the machines plan (so basically part of the matrix) but it exists in the real world, it's just controlled

Why was colonel Sanders in the matrix?

>Zion is the matrix of for the 1%

Except its not a "matrix" the word system and matrix are not synonymous. Zion is a part of the machines system of control. It is part of the tangible physical world that is Earth. Not the matrix.

The Machines allow it, they assist in its creation and so did the prior "Neo's" as they also lied and maintained the lie and told no one the truth.

Basically this.

i understand that 1 is good and the others are abject garbage.

>tfw too dumb to get the matrix

Humans are other users not programs so maybe it's like no man's sky that way.
The general population wasn't as accustomed to technology and using people as batteries was a simple concept to understand, the original idea was using humans for computing like processors

Ergo

>the original idea was using humans for computing like processors
that makes sense, the human brain is very powerful after all, it's basically like a CPU and the Matrix would require a lot of processing power.

>for kids
>"its retarded gay shit"

wew

Vis a vis

It's just a movie. How do you explain they're able to put a plug into their head and connect to a computer simulation?

My speculation is that humans did trash the Earth (though not in a war with the machines). The Matrix is actually part of a multi-generational ship traveling to another planet (or more simply, a large holding facility until the damage can be repaired)

Most humans reject the utopia vision, but they would also reject their reality of being trapped on some ship they would never get off. Zion represents another layer for those that reject the simulation.

When the machines attack Zion, they "kill" those that are ready to enter the real world. They go on to become the skeleton human crew of the real world ship.

Neo and his inner circle represent those that reject layer 1 of the simulation, but are not prepared to enter reality. They stay in layer 2 and act out their god/hero fantasy.

Except they see the sun in revolutions. They are on a planet

This is the only thing you should read concerning the matrix
mileswmathis.com/matrix.pdf

So? It was still part of the simulation. People saw the sun in the Matrix everyday.

why didn't the humans just break atmosphere and go live in space?
they had super advanced tech

There is only one simulation.
Neo didn't see code in the real world, he saw fire. Meaning he is a superhero of sorts.
There have been five other such people throughout the ages.
Zion is a concept as well, Atlantis probably was such a city. Each time humans are freed they build such a city and the machines tear it down.

That is so lame!

I love how he flies away at the end of the first matrix, and then just never flies again. that would have been pretty useful

Nanomachines, son.

>why didnt the robots make solar kites

The black sky was actually a cloud of anti-robot robots or something. Basically they can't go through it cause it kills them.

thanks op, i always fall asleep when the old man is droning on.
i thought i was retarded because clearly he was still in the matrix to kill the robots but nobody believed me

2nd one is my fav. 3rd one is like a b movie. 1st is groundbreaking

>Something that has recently become a question
It hadn't recently become a question. You just found /x/

The real simulation is that you are buying that there is a simulation.
You are listening to the shadow people casting shadows on the wall telling you there is more to it than this cave.

That wasn't the sun, The little girl made that, The architect gave her and the oracle and sarif the power to manipulate the matrix at the end of revolutions.

>oh how beautful. did you do that?
the girl nods yes, "I made if for NEO"
>im sure he would love it.

kek

Him seeing the fire in the "real" world suggested that it was still part of the simulation. Neo couldn't see it as code since he was not ready to accept that he was still in the simulation. Instead of taking another red pill, so to speak, he took the blue pill to live in a world where he is a super hero.

I just find it more believable that the rabbit hole goes deeper than Neo having super powers.

he does it in 2

No, it's suggesting that Neo is the one because he has actual powers. He's a Jesus of sorts and the architect tells him there has been five other such characters.

A simulation in a simulation is just weak.

Baudrillard completely destroys the flimsy premise of the matrix.

It's worth a read.

www2.ubishops.ca/baudrillardstudies/vol1_2/genosko.htm

Fuck Baudrillard

well memed my man.

.....the one trinity saw on the way to the machine city. THE REAL SUN

logically and statistically you're in one

Nope. You are if you believe the shadow people that wants to sell you Platos allegory of the cave ir that you are a brain in a vat, and the more you believe that the more power you give them.

Matrix 1 is a horrible dumb Movie for Idiot Hipsters who find themselves "smart", despite the whole premise of the Matrix makes not fucking sense at all (and has horrible bad Acting).
Matrix 2 is a actually real fun to watch Action Flick with some awesome Fight Scenes.
Matrix 3 is the same as 1, just WORSE.

>notbad.jpg

It's incredibly dull though

Are you perhaps, possibly, potentially, retarded?