Say something nice about Star Trek: Voyager

Say something nice about Star Trek: Voyager.

>Hardmode: Not about the Doctor
>Impossiblemode: Not about 7-o-9's tits.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8qxD2eoh-W4
youtube.com/watch?v=xLhTEB7xM90
scatwoman.org/p/blog-page_7.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon's_Egg
youtube.com/watch?v=PIGxMENwq1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tuvok is based

Kes a cute

>Nigger Vulcan
Is this ever explained in-universe? Does the planet Vulcan have their own version of Sub-Saharan Africa or what?

The Red Foreman two parter was good.

The whole planet is a desert isn't it? It's actually more confusing as to why there are white Vulcans at all.

Does he call Janeway a dumbass?

worst actress of all Trek

The cast is so hard to like

Each member has more cons than pros

Debatable.

The opening theme is pretty good

He thought it very strongly.

Kes' voice was sexy af

It may have been a crappy episode, but they had Weyoun, Martok, and the highest paid actor in holywood all in the same episode.

vulcan wasnt always a desert it only became that way because of a nuclear war

Just watching ST:V because binged all other Treks. Why the fuck does it seem like every Trek tries to shoehorn in an unstoppable ladies man?

It's so fucking cringy whenever Trek writers try to make sexy talk dialog. And it's all because Kirk has the reputation as sexing everything in sight even though that isn't really how he was in TOS.

Anyway, Tom Paris is a shit. Should have died in the first episode.

It being a desert explains why they look like bronze Egyptian types. Sub-Saharan Africa, where the dindus come from, is mostly jungle. Are there jungles on Vulcan?

>even though that isn't really how he was in TOS.

That's exactly how he was

At least they make an attempt at giving their characters personality, Beverly Crusher is more robotic than Data

Not to the levels of parody that the following characters (Riker, Paris, and briefly Archer) are introduced as being.

It was set furthest into the future out of all of the Star Treks, therefore Voyager is the most technologically advanced (main) starship.

I'm guessing but that all seems right to me.

B'Elanna is best Star Trek muffin. Prove me wrong.

You've yet to explain why that's a good thing.

You fucked up.

Riker has gotten the same sort of memetic ladies man bullshit applied to him.

Dem ridges.

Bride of Chaotica is one of the best comedy episodes in all of Trek,

They got Sarah Silverman back before whatever the hell happened to her happened.

What about his sexual organs?

7 - i hate humans
tuvok - i hate humans except janeway.
torress - i hate everyone
paris - perpetual sarcasm
doc - overcompensating
neelix

>neelix

I hate everyone but children

A number of reasons. All other things being equal (damage status, crew competency etc) it would beat the the other ships in a fight because it's faster with more powerful weapons. Holodeck probably has better graphics and sound system. Transporters are less likely to leave your spleen on the planet's surface.

Oh wait, you mean the show. Never mind.

>hurr durr niggas in space

this is exactly the kind of backwards intolerance and conservatism that Star Trek was against.

Gene Roddenbery must be rolling in his grave.

It's the fault of the writing staff that this is so difficult to do, not the actors. VOY had the worst writing staff of any ST show, even enterprise. It is by far the worst star trek series ever made because of this.

Anyway, I'll try; Paris was sometimes likable because his self-centeredness made him more relatable and a believable human.

It had a really strong concept for a show that was brimming with potential

I have no problem with black characters, for instance I love Crazy Space Jesus Ben Sisko. However, the idea of other species having identical minority ethnic groups to what we have on Earth triggers my autism

Then why do Vulcans get BTFO by radiation?

Same reason the Japanese do.

It brought Barclay back.

It spawned this: youtube.com/watch?v=8qxD2eoh-W4

Japan wasn't turned into a desert though. The amount of nukes you'd need to do that on a planetary scale would destroy every form of life that doesn't like radiation.

>That's exactly how he was

Not really. Ladies tended to throw themselves at Kirk (because, well, look at him. He's a hunk), but he could actually be a bit goofy when he tried to take the initiative in romancing them (see Is There In Truth, No Beauty), and he often pushed them away. Hell, he managed to overcome the "incurable" pheromones of Elaan's tears in Elaan of Troyius out of sheer devotion to the Enterprise (though Elaan is one of the few he actually did sleep with). And it's not like he was the only one who the ladies threw themselves at - Spock and McCoy had nearly as many amorous admirers.

Voyager had a downright incredible concept. One small ship, alone in unknown space, seventy years from home. That SHOULD be great material to work with.

7s ass

It has Bioneural circuitry, which means it can get sick and be impossible to fix, but on the other hand it also means *cough*

Oh, what's that? Red Alert? Coming!

I was surprised with how few women Kirk ended up sleeping with when I finally watched TOS, it's really blown out of proportion. To my recollection Riker was with far more but he's never mentioned.

I like the comfy, isolated feel of the ship in the Delta Quadrant away from home and allies, and the eventual end goal the show has. And it has the best humor of the Treks imo.

The first episode was on DS9 and some Voyager episodes had characters/actors from TNG/DS9.

It ended.

Why did Voyager start to stagnate in the 5th season? Character development ground to a halt, and the sets looked even more spotless from one episode to the next than normal.
You could watch episodes from the 5th, 6th and 7th seasons in any order and it could still make sense.

Tom Paris improves.

>Say something nice about Star Trek: Voyager.
Neelix was in it

It doesn't matter who gets elected, you pedophiles will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

it became the 7 doctor janeway show.

they adapted to survive via science, not survival of the fittest. As they created shelters with filters, used mediciden to clear exposure, they didnt evolve a resistance. Though in Enterprise Tit'pol shows a resistance to a form of radiation sickness.

Enterprise is an okay show, but everything in it can be and should be ignored when it comes to discussing the canon.

The theme was nice

Equinox

Voyager has the best theme song

Does no one else think the WW2 story arc>Red Forman gets revenge?

Tuvok was probably the best Vulcan in the franchise. All others, starting with Spock constantly let some emotion slip in their face from time to time. They couldn't resist ACTING even while the character demanded they didn't. Credit to Tim Russ that he didn't fall down that trap.

Broccoli episodes

Except its the only thing that's currently canon.

7's spandexbutt

I think Chakotay is fantastic all round.

>Credit to Tim Russ that he didn't fall down that trap.
Tim Russ is probably the biggest Trek fan ever, he gave Tuvok his all and was easily the best actor on the show. He wasn't the best character though, and that was the fault of the writers.

He's probably even in this thread, so to Tim, you should do more singing, you're

AH
MAZE
ING

>>>/starwars/

>Tuvok
>better than Spock
lolno

Anyway, the logic worship and suppression of emotion is a cultural thing, not biological. We know for a fact that full Vulcans can and do experience emotion. His performance isn't inherently better simply because he never lets the facade slip

You can't say things like that without posting the song.
youtube.com/watch?v=xLhTEB7xM90

Its so sad that timeline had to end. WTF were they thinking? DS9 brought Worf on and when Voyager ends....maybe we can see Voyager crew on the next show? And..... they go back before TOS? Like..... you just built 15 years of stories and characters. The next series after Voyager should have been a sequel series. Who wouldn't want more Quark, or Tuvok and they offered Jeri Ryan anything she would take, but she said no. That has to be the biggest fuck up for them. Not just moving forward and playing off of what worked.

That was Spocks thing, he is half human

A lot of Riker's sleazy nature was only ever talked about our discussed in past tense

The Doctor's Tits

You must be in the first season because despite Voyager's reputation for "no character development lol" Tom Paris changes a lot over the course of the series.

ahmaziiing

And when we do return to the prime timeline, Romulus is gone now...

>I don't want to die

>And when we do return to the prime timeline

....user.... it's.... not happening

>It's a 'the virtual Doctor is the only one with enough humanity to not kill an innocent person' episode.

its like a shittier version of Battlestar Galactica

Very true. Ron Moore was so disappointed with how it turned out and all the wasted potential it had, that he decided to remake it and get it right this time.

He was mostly successful, although he should have put more thought in the story instead of flying by the seat of his pants

It's happening in 2017.

The new series won't be post-Voyager/Nemesis, but it certainly won't be in the JJverse.

>Ron Moore wanted to save the final 2 years of Voyager
>using his ideas, BSG had 2 years of gold and 2 years of garbage
Imagine a world where the BSG reboot never existed, but Voyager seasons 6 and 7 were remembered for being the best seasons of Star Trek ever made. Imagine that world, and weep.

Holy Crap.... Did Prophets created Christianity on Earth?

>A-koo-chee-moya. I pray on this day of memories, to speak to my father - the one whom the wind called... Kolopak. Though I'm far from his bones, perhaps there is a spirit in these unnamed skies who will find him, and honor him with my song. A-koo-chee-moya.

T B H I'd been waiting for a Battlestar reboot for a long time, and what we got was pretty solid, while at the time Star Trek was still being pumped out on the regular

>perhaps there is a spirit in these unnamed skies who will find him, and honor him with my song.
Sing something tasteful and I'll consider it. Like Freebird.

shit like this should be voyagers opening hails.

No, play Nightbird!

You can totally see Bev's nips there

Why didn't Chipotle take over the ship at the very start and give us 7 seasons of comfy exploring the delta quadrant with captain akoocheemoya?

Whats this neelix pedo meme? cause he has a gf that only lives for 9 years?

t. voyager virgin

He gets with her when she's less than 2 years old, and her species undergoes puberty between 4 and 5.

She was one year old when he consummated that relationship. Even if they only live to be 9 that's still taking it too far. That'd be the equivalent of sleeping with a 9 year old.

>sex is holding hands..

Belana was fine as fuck!

>implying that they only held hands

>Being this autistic
Yeah I'm sure Neelix was just "looking after her" so he could maybe someday hold hands with her

Getting pregnant by holding hands doesn't mean she doesn't have a fuckhole. And she definitely has a mouth.

The premise is actually really interesting. A ship lost in space with a long journey home. Poor casting and weak scripts squandered most of the potential though.

I liked some of the episodes where they struggled with upholding the prime directive, dealing with dwindling morale, and professionalism in the face of adversity.

Why is the cast so goddamn dull, like every character besides the sidecharacters like the Doctor, 7-9 and even Neelix is so boring and uninteresting

>The premise is actually really interesting. A ship lost in space with a long journey home.
literally Battlestar Galactica ripoff, but worse than even the cheesy 70s version.

Watching the reboot films and the actor for Kirk reminds me so much of Paris.

Why not get Paris's actor to play the dad in the first reboot film, that would've been neat.

The original BSG had this so-bad-its-good quality to it. It's fun to watch and riff on

Voyager is mostly a chore

>it's a "Harry gets waifu-cucked by Tuvok and then they both get catfished" episode

>Where do I begin when it comes to answering what I thought were the missed opportunities on Voyager? I think it would be best if we go back to the beginning. When casting ended on Voyager, all the actors were invited by executive producer Rick Berman to attend a congratulatory luncheon. It was during this lunch that Berman informed us that he expected all actors portraying human roles to follow his decree. He told us that we were to underplay our human characters. He wanted our line delivery to be as military -- and subsequently devoid of emotion -- as possible, since this, in his opinion, was the only way to make the aliens look real.

>My first thought was, “That's not right! What the heck was Berman talking about? Was he pulling our legs? The human characters shouldn't be forced to muffle their emotions. We were human, not androids!” But, being the newbie in Hollywood, I did not make any objections... yet. During the entire first year filming Voyager, actors were required to re-shoot certain scenes because of excessive emotion. I personally had to re-shoot only a couple of scenes, since I learned my lesson early that crossing the writer/producers was an unwise decision. Kate Mulgrew held the record for the most re-shoots, numbering in the double digits. It is a little-known fact that during the first season, Mulgrew's Janeway had a teary eye on more than one occasion, only to be vetoed by the producers and covered up with a re-shoot. If you can allow Captain Picard to bawl his eyes out for 10 minutes over the death of his relatives in the opening of the film Generations, then how on earth can you not allow Captain Janeway the chance to show some genuine emotion?

>Love, your pal, Garrett Wang

how did they have weyoun and martok in a voyager episode?

they shot his ashes into space

They didn't. They had Brunt and Laas.

The actors that played them, not the actual characters.

>generations
opinion discarded

THIS

I would lick both of their assholes so much

>I was wildly over acting and had to tone it down

Wang just has sour grapes, he was a shit actor.

>Harry's delivery is flat and boring
>Tom's delivery is flat and boring
>Chuck's delivery is flat and boring
>"IT'S JUST A COINCIDENCE!"
Sure thing, Rick.

As kooky as Gene got to be, Berman had to be the worst thing that ever happened to Star Trek. I don't think anyone has good things to say about him, from Marina Sirtis accusing him of prying Trek from Roddenberry's still-warm hands, to Terry Farell accusing him of sexual harassment, to this.

Yea, he's mad about the fucking acting? Robert Beltran has much better critiques of the series and it has to do with story and arcs. Commenting that he everyone on the show died so many times, so much stuff constantly washed away and didnt matter. Everyone was upset that voyager by and large lacked those things. Only Doctor seemed to get growth over the series. Kes was planned to as well, but she got dropped from the series. "year of hell" should have been a whole season, without a convenient reboot at the end.

I need to get a copy of this book.

Suder was awesome. Brad Dourif is pretty amazing in everything though.

>claiming to be a Trek fan
>not knowing Spock is half-human

>ooga-booga, where is the kolinahr at?

another character thrown away too soon. Suder was awesome. Should have let him live and just kept him in "jail" for a while and used him sparingly.

Fucking this

why is that moron loyal to janeway? does he enjoy jail?

Better than living with Kazon fucking shits.

What a sleezeball.

I wonder if he's genuinely so dense that he thinks he did nothing wrong, or if he's just covering his ass.

He accepted his fate as a murderer. The mind meld for all intents and purpose made him lucid. He was some kind of defective betazoid before. Though now he gets it, he killed people and janeway has no choice but to lock him away.

>mine-melded with Janeway's most loyal officer
>why is he so loyal to Janeway

this explains so much about the maquis suddenly becoming cooperative.

If only they could have mind melded with akoocheemoya, then we could have had so much comfy kino

I unironically found her attractive and cute how she was always so bitchy and angry. Pretty sure she falls under the category of one of those weeby "dere" terms

Chief Enginedere

Voyager had some sweet ship designs

Finished season 1 and boy was it a chore, t-this gets better after this right? Right?

not much until 7 of 9 is introduced

I'd lick both their assholes at the same time.

I think the biggest* mistake they made with Chakotay was never developing his relationship with Janeway, especially with that episode where they get a virus and have to be abandoned on a planet and start getting closer.

>neelix
everyone hates me

I'd let them shit on me

But would you let them both give you a Vietnamese Landmine?

I totally would

With Wesley Watching as he slowly weeps

Why would I want to be asleep? Obviously I would want to give it my full undivided attention

Are you telling me you wouldn't want to be woken up in the morning by Stark naked Beverly Crusher and Deanna Troi shitting on your chest and yelling "LANDMINE!" while spreading it everywhere before starting your mandatory shit smothered orgy and givinh Wex his daily dose of Incest-cucking and PTSD at the same time

You don't want that?

What are you? A faggot?

Nah, I'd rather be on my knees while they take turns making shit deposits in my mouth toilet while they chat about starship gossip as if I weren't even there

So long as welsey is weeping in the background I'll let you have that one.

>tfw you watch Star Trek on TV in your room during the odd weeks you're stuck in a different city for school
>tfw they air them completely out of order and you're not even sure which series follow which one

he'd be the human toilet paper

Just finished watching star trek beyond. It was pretty good. I like about those movies that we see the civilian world, themselves in normal outfits and so on. Do they do this in the shows? I've never watched them properly, only on season 3 of TNG and that was with a viewing guide so i could skip the worst episodes.

Well, you know, except for The Defiant.

So after a morning of letting his mother and her partner shit in your mouth and all over you, You would use her son as human tissue paper to wipe the shit off of yourself with?

I concede to the sicker sense of humor user. Well done.

Borg Queen for Rura Penthe 2377

You see more of non-Starfleet life in DS9. Two of the mains are civilians and two other mains are in a non-Federation militia.

I see. What about stations like the space station in beyond that's basically a O'neill sylinder, or an artifical earth like place with towns, water, and so on.

DS9 itself is a space station, but with less impressive technology than the Byeond shit. It's an ore refining facility that was converted into a transportation hub (with a shopping mall added on to entertain the tourists).

Her relationship with Tom started out in a tsundere fashion.

I see. Thanks for the headsup. I wonder what the new show will bring to the table, although i am dissapointed in hearing it's a prequel.

>humor
Star Trek scat fantasies are no joke, user.

Holy shit I thought you where joking.

I googled that shit and found an blog devoted to star trek scat erotica (along with other things)

Link in spoiler

scatwoman.org/p/blog-page_7.html

Tuvix.

I'm not that guy, he could have been writing a Trek-centric Aristocrats joke for all I know, but thanks for the link. ;^)

It's generally the rule of the internet.

the episode with the clown was great and like a really great episode of TOS

Why do people think this is attractive? Her jaw looks like she is in the early stages of cherubism.

did voyager start the whole fucking diversity sjw movement? look at that cast and a woman as captain bullshit. strong gruff take no shit half klingon, indian spirit leader second in command, asian guy, black vulcan and the only white guys include a fake doctor and white fuccboi paired with the black girl.

Oh you mean the fan fiction episode

Go away, please. Let us enjoy our containment thread in peace.

Prophets are best characters.

The cheap Spandex does nothing for me.
Latex, on the other hand.. I'd rip my cock off.

Voyager is actually good and to hate it is complete retardation.

>Voyager is actually good
Correct.

The only problem with Voyager is that every other Star Trek is even better.

Except Enterprise, obviously.
I watched a lot of it in college because my flatmate loved Star Trek and I thought it was shit, and even he was completely underwhelmed.
Every time it came on, he'd physically cringe at the theme song and proceed to point out things he didn't like.

Unlike Voyager, Enterprise actually takes steps to improve itself. I award it partial credit for the effort.

>Why the fuck does it seem like every Trek tries to shoehorn in an unstoppable ladies man?
Because some people want to ride around in spaceship, discover new alien species, and fuck and drop women that aren't hambeasts

>Enterprise actually takes steps to improve itself
I didn't get that far, I just thought it was crap and I didn't stick around. I went back to quietly painting my termagants in the corner of our living room.
youtube.com/watch?v=-8OpsPok6iQ
I still get those early 2000s douche-chills. What the fuck were they thinking?
You're probably quite right, I just didn't bother with Enterprise after a while.

>Why the fuck does it seem like every Trek tries to shoehorn in an unstoppable ladies man?
Consider the target audience of fuckless males in silly clothing, desperately in need of a fantasy.

he deserved better than Voyager

They had some genuinely entertaining episodes. I liked the Holodeck ones and the one where the doctor goes to a planet where time moves faster

Dude, the Fairhaven episodes were terrible.

I've fapped to Voyager Uncensored many times, thanks Scatwoman

I think it's the best Trek. but that's because I'm a sci-fi fan and not really a huge star trek fan. I did skip all the holodeck episodes though

YOU JUST KNOW

>I'm a sci-fi fan
>enjoyed Voyager
the only reason to watch it was because you were either a Star Trek fan, related to a Star Trek fan, or had nothing else to compare it to growing up with it in the 90s

>It's an Andy Dick episode

I really liked this episode, but it was also the first time I'd heard of Andy Dick and I gather people don't like him.

i like him, a lot of people dislike him because they blame him for the death of phil hartman

fuck rick berman

I really liked that episode about the civilization which can see Voyager in the sky, I always find episodes like that interesting.

It's stolen from a book called Dragon's Egg.

I used to think that too, but maybe she's the way she is due to loss of her husband and her confusing love for Picard who was apparently responsible for it in someway.

i gota admit she was pretty qt in those epsisodes

who's the best trek cameo?

Some of the later episodes are good

prolly in my top 5 milf threesome fantasy

"Brazzers" could be shopped into the corner and I'd be none the wiser
I still wouldn't watch it though, she doesn't do entertainment

It was solely responsible for the Obama political career.

> Time moves faster

It's kind of a riff on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon's_Egg but still pretty good. I loved the Doctor and lost astronaut bitching about the local sports team to each other.

90's Sarah Silverman was top tier.

tuvok was kind of cool

Nope. Nothing nice to say.

Even ignoring your mode specifications, Voyager sucks giant rears.

>Sarah Silverman

So you don't mind that she's a jewish supremacist?

Dour faced boob goblin

Could you survive even one day without injecting your politics into everything?

She was a qt, but top tier she was not.

Would you say the same thing if I said she was a "white supremacist"?

I seriously doubt it.

Okay, let's try it.

>she was a "white supremacist"
Could you survive even one day without injecting your politics into everything?

>I think the biggest* mistake they made with Chakotay was never developing (him at all)

Fake and gay.

And much too late to mean a damned thing..

But she's Jewish

It was way more cosy than DS9. Plus the quality pretty reliable. Unlike DS9 where the quality seems to fluctuate from episode to episode.

Why do people hate voyager?

too bad the planet where time moves really fast episode doesn't make sense
if a thousand years pass on that planet in a week, does that mean it only just recently formed?

Wasted potential.

Same reason that the actors and writers hate it too.

Proabably the most comfy Star Trek series. I like DS9 the best but because of the long war arcs it makes you tense watching.

TNG kinda feels dated and boring now. Voyager still holds up ok. I kinda like that people kinda love to hate it, esp Neelix, those are the best types of shows.

It makes me sad to read that Mulgrew was so nasty to Jery Ryan tho.

1. Janeway is famously inconsistently written and is almost always the main source of conflict for no real reason.

2. Harry Kim is the 'protagonist' character, he's boring, annoying, whiny, weird, and a huge waste of space. He's generally just Paris' wingman for the later seasons.

3. Chakote is such a fucking pill and his native american shtick is so insufferable. Holier than thou thanks to your ancient beliefs and dumb tatoo? Wait, didn't you start out as a murderous terrorist

Finally, the doctor doesn't get enough episodes.

why bother setting them in the Delta Quadrant then bringing in popular races like Klingons or Cardassians or coming up with ridiculous reasons for putting them back on Earth temporarily? Felt like cheating. They should've come up with their own races but they all bombed (Kazon, Viidians)

>It brought Barclay back.

best answer itt

Mulgrew being horrible to Ryan really taints it for me.

I don't know what it is, but despite the obvious disparity in age TNG somehow feels more dated to me than TOS.

TOS, despite its age, was trying to look futuristic. TNG looks like they were trying to remodel an 80's living room.

Remember "Alter Ego?"

God damn he was good in that episode.

>tfw you're so beta that even your holographic waifu loses interest in you, and chooses to get blacked instead

kek, that made me laugh.

What's all this?

I agree that there were shitty episodes, but there were plenty of great ones too, especially in season 3. I'm only up to S4 now though, and have been watching it for the first time this year. Seems way better than TNG was.

I think that's it. If you combine that with the after school special-tier proselytizing that the characters seemed to do every episode it really makes it almost distractingly of its time (and I'm usually a person who tells people to just get over all the noticeably 60s visual aspects of TOS).

Whoa, what? But Phil Hartman was shot by his cazy wife.

Who was given drugs by Andy Dick.

Do you ever feel like they're SERIOUSLY in trouble? Like when they talk about replicator rations, do you ever feel like they might run out of food? Do any of the characters ever worry about needing to skip meals, or to skip entire days? Is there ever a serious concern that rations and Neelix's cooking might not be enough, that someone is going to starve?

They supposedly have limited energy and resources, but the holodeck is always running. There is never a time when they have to turn off the holodeck to save energy. The uniforms are always clean, no holes. The walls, the floor, the exterior, all like-new, no damage ever lasts. They explicitly state at the beginning that they have a limited number of torpedoes, and they cannot manufacture or trade for more. Do you ever feel like their torpedo count is less than infinite? Don't they have infinite shuttlecraft too?

The crew is divided, supposedly. Do you ever feel like there might be division? Will Chakotay ever refuse to follow orders, and ask his fellow crew to stand with him? For all intents and purposes, the Maquis are pretty much carbon copies of Starfleet officers, even the ones who never joined Starfleet. They have no reason to object to Janeway's orders, because Janeway can never be wrong.

Harry Kim is still fresh-faced and green, straight out of the Academy. Even 4 years later. Even 7 years later. Will he ever stop being the naive newbie? Will he ever be allowed to develop? Will anybody other than Seven and the Doctor be allowed to develop? Did you know, before the show started, Garrett Wang (Harry Kim), Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris) and Robert Beltran (Chakotay) were all ordered by Rick Berman to deliver their lines flat, wooden and lifeless? Oops. At least Chakotay has his Native American heritage to help make him interesting. Did you know that the producers hired an Indian advisor to help create Chakotay? Just kidding, he was a scam artist. Oops.

Voyager sets up ideas but doesn't deliver.

Except for one episode.

She was right even then because she Knew All Along that he was a traitor.

>Ha ha, you thought I was storing telepaths in my transporter? Jokes on you, it was actually rotting produce!

It was a great mix of Star Trek idealism and adventure.

You know what's crazy to me?

'Voyager' was the perfect premise to have a continuity heavy Star Trek show. something where decreasing supplies, character growth inside a bottle environment, and long running arcs would be appropriate. Instead the show is ruined by making episodes stand alone to the point where people call out the "reset button" effect.

The next Star Trek show was Enterprise, which should have been all about stand alone episodes or very short mini-arcs. That show got fucked up when executives insisted it be heavy on continuity and long story arcs (temporal cold war bullshit).

It's crazy to me how flipped the thinking for each show should have been.

You are a fucking dumbass. They've had chinks before, you shit.

Harry was voted one of the most beautiful people by peoples magazine

You could say this about any of the other shows though. What makes them different?

What the fuck are you saying?

No, the other shows don't have it as part of their premise that they need to ration food.

No, the other shows don't have it as part of their premise that they need to ration supplies and energy. But sometimes they do anyway. Like even though Voyager has infinite shuttles, DS9 has only three. And they have names. And the names are consistent. When one blows up, the writers don't use that name anymore. Sisko orders a new shuttle, and it has a new name. The writers keep track of this, so it feels more real, and we can actually count how many shuttles DS9 went through. You can't do that with Voyager because the writers don't give a shit about rationing supplies and energy. If a shuttle blows up, the crew doesn't care, because they have dozens more.

No, the other shows with Enterprises didn't have divided crews as part of their premise. DS9 did, and they did more with this concept than Voyager did. The division of the crew actually lead to something demonstrable for DS9, like when they had to split up in the 2nd and 6th seasons. We never did see the Maquis and Starfleet split up in Voyager. Hell, DS9 and TNG did more with the Maquis than Voyager.

No, no other show has (as far as we know) had the executive producer order the actors for humans to act like cardboard cutouts, so that the aliens could pop.

Those criticisms are exclusive to Voyager.

I keep coming back to "Worst Case Scenario."

Another good Tuvok episode that also gets pretty meta. (He's our guy)

>No, the other shows don't have it as part of their premise that they need to ration food.

They have the same feeling that they're never in any real danger, though. With all this jerking off about DS9 it makes me want to watch it after Voyager.

Its honestly pretty comfy

horribly horrible written , and full on retarded at times

but comfy

I was rewatching TNG the other day and noticed how fucking terrible she is

not only is she monotone all the time , but watch her when someone else is talking , she just stares around the room unsure of what to do or how to emote non-verbally

>They have the same feeling that they're never in any real danger, though.
Yes, but in Voyager the premise is that they're in MORE danger than any other show. So why does it feel like they're not? The writers set up the concept but then they refused to commit to it.

>With all this jerking off about DS9 it makes me want to watch it after Voyager.
Why are you not watching in order?

Chakotay is the worst ST character of all time

They should have gotten rid of him instead of Kes

>Chakotay episode
>Acoochymoiya I am far from my ancestors
>Let me go on a vision quest
>Panflutes play when he does injun shit
>Literally nothing else to his character but being an injun

Was Chakotay the best first officer of all time?
Let's be real, Riker was basically Picard's Yes Man.

Chakotay was Janeway's Yes Man. I think Scorpion is the only episode where they ever disagreed.

I keep going back and forth between who is worse, her or Troi. Troi is worthless, but has a warm personality. Crusher has a purpose, but is a shitty person.

Space Mexican

>Computer, load Rumba dancing program lesson one.
>Switch the instructor with the Bolian exotic dancer from program Torres one.
>Remove all clothing from the instructor.
>Disengage safety protocols.

Why should I watch the series' in order?

Confirmed for shit tastes

Because it's a better experience in order, you would have more context to understand any events which reference past continuity, and you would have a common basis with which to better facilitate discussion with Anons on Cred Forums who approached the franchise in the same manner.

Seriously though, what made you think that skipping around was a good idea?

I even skipped seasons :^)

The series' are relatively separate, and I don't wanna watch some shit from the 60's.

>It's a "The Doctor Sings" episode

Every episode that was an "alternate timeline where things were allowed to change and progress, until they retcon things back the the real timeline at the end" were good

This is true.

>I don't wanna watch some shit from the 60's.
Voyager apologist begone.

there is nothing wrong with Voyager

But there is something wrong with (You)

Obviously Tuvok comes from a group of vulcans who live nearer to the equator and therefore have to deal with more sunlight exposure, you'd expect to find black versions (the technical term is "melanistic") of every alien because of this. Haven't you ever noticed how people get paler the further you get from the equator (at least until mass immigration started)?

>her entire shebang is feelings and emotions and all that
>fighting an enemy that doesn't have emotions
*sad trombone music plays*

Why do you think she got so drunk?

Have you actually seen TOS? Most episodes it doesn't come up at all.

>However, the idea of other species having identical minority ethnic groups to what we have on Earth triggers my autism
But the idea of alien species looking exactly like human beings bar a few minor cosmetic differences doesn't trigger it? You're silly user.

Also there are plenty of other examples on earth of species that have different coloured versions, for example panthers which are just dark coloured jaguars, exact same species.

The last episode was pretty good

As much as I hate Neelix, the episode where it shows he's just a scared dude with PTSD was pretty goat.

>That episode where Tom and Neelix became gay parents

>if a thousand years pass on that planet in a week, does that mean it only just recently formed?
No. Time is moving faster on the surface only, probably due to the speed the surface is moving at and the massive gravity its generating (look how fucking elliptical it is, that's probably due to centrifugal force alone). For the planet to have formed recently, the whole solar system would have to be within the time dilatation effect, then an observer from outside the system would see it forming quicker, but that can't be the case or Voyager would be in the same timeframe as them.

she looked so much better with straight hair

>sacrificing 25 years of history and trillions of lives just because Tuvok was sick
Why was Janeway so selfish?

Tom Paris was probably the most competent guy on the ship but constantly got screwed over for no good reason.
I guess I empathised with that.

>They explicitly state at the beginning that they have a limited number of torpedoes, and they cannot manufacture or trade for more. Do you ever feel like their torpedo count is less than infinite?
I have no idea what you're talking about, they were very careful about this, as you can see:

youtube.com/watch?v=PIGxMENwq1k

>The series' are relatively separate
You only think that because you haven't watched DS9 which connects with TNG and Voyager, when you do you'll also realise you got a DS9 story arc spoiled by a single throwaway episode of Voyager.

>Gene Roddenbery must be rolling in his grave.

Good, Roddenbery was the worst thing to happen to Star Trek. Fuck that degenerate faggot. He only pretended to be "inclusive" because he knew minorities were vulnerable for him to rape/molest. Not to mention his depiction of the future is actually awful and nothing to strive towards. Ironically, your thin skinned SJWism is ALSO something your beloved Roddenbery would be against.

>their torpedo count gets to negative -85
>very careful about this

Hehe. You're a funny guy.

>But the idea of alien species looking exactly like human beings bar a few minor cosmetic differences doesn't trigger it? You're silly user.
That was explicitly explained in canon, Blulcans weren't.

All the best Trek just happened to have either very little or no influence from Gene

>look how fucking elliptical it is, that's probably due to centrifugal force alone

I thought it was because it's moving in a spirograph pattern??

That probably how it started spinning so fast, but the actual distortion of the shape of it is more likely to be the result of the gravity as they didn't mention its orbital speed as being particularly fast or the star it orbits being particularly strong which it would have to be to distort the shape of the planet to such a degree. It would also be less evenly elliptical if that were the case, there would be a bulge that moves with the orbital direction of the planet like the Moon effecting the tides.

Berman was playing everything safe. Everything was to be like TNG, however TNG had better character development, that's why in Voyager only the Doctor and Seven get most of it. Voyager will always be great in concept however terribly executed when looked back on and a missed opportunity. Only a handful of episodes are actually good.

I watched an interview with Mulgrew and it really hit me that they really dropped the ball and it made me sad that Mulgrew put in all her effort into it and it was still lame.

I never understood how the day/night cycle on that planet would work. Shouldn't it just be in perpetual kind of day, kind of night, not really twilight?

You could probably work it out, I'm fairly sure they mentioned what the time dilation is and it rotates 58 times a minute, I suppose the writers were expecting that there's a ratio where a rotation takes a day from their perspective so they don't notice it as odd, but they never actually came out and said it that I recall.

>TOS isn't best Trek
Leave.

>tos is anything other than campy fun
You leave.

Tuvok has a patrician taste in holodeck profiles

>It's an Odo sniff Kierra's chair after she leaves the room episode.

I liked Tuvok sometimes. And Janeway was good sometimes, even if overall she was fucking retarded her actress knew what she was doing.

I'm almost done Season 1 of TNG and I love it.

You would like TOS. I'm not saying to give up on TNG by any means. In fact, keep with it, but season 1 of TNG is more or less just TOS with a fresh paint.

So when will Tuvok get his chance???

He was a better faggot than a doctor.

Timeless, Blink of an Eye and Course:Oblivion.

If she gave you attention in a bar you'd jizz your pants stfu with your gay shit

>It's a Tom accelerates to Infinity Velocity in a Starfleet Shuttle before existing everywhere in the Universe at once then coming back to Voyager, gets sick, kidnaps the Captain and escapes to the planet where they devolve into Salamanders and have little salamander children before being rescued and cured and it's never brought up again
>....... episode

All this nigger wanted to do is fly a space ship. He literally did nothing wrong... Well he got a guy killed in the academy and lied about it but still.

>most competent guy on the ship
>gets demoted to Ensign by the end of the series

He gets his rank back stupid

I got super hard when B'Elanna was split into human, so cute. Tom was cool, otherwise terrible series. Ds9 is chill, tng is fully comfy.

> All others, starting with Spock constantly let some emotion slip in their face from time to time.

Huge part of why Spock is so likable character is the fact that he became so much more human and emotional in movies as he grew up as person and became more balanced person.

>Tim Russ is probably the biggest Trek fan ever,

True.

>He's probably even in this thread, so to Tim,

Assuming that also true. Tim, please learn basics of cinematography if you ever direct more fan films.Assuming those will ever come back.

Wow. Actually surprised me positively.

kek

And that's just as baffling, but not as glaring because they weren't main characters. How am I a dumbass for finding it strange that ethnicities specific to earth exist on other planets? It makes no sense

her face is kinda off
that bod though

Exactly

Honestly it makes it impossible for me to suspend disbelief in any scene that includes Tuvok. Anytime I see him all I can think is "wait, how does he exist? Why are there black Vulcans?"

Honestly it would be easier to accept if he didn't have such stereotypical negro features. I know I'm just being autistic but there it is

this

Her face is a 6/10 but her body is a 10/10. You'd have to be gay or the most insecure beta loser on the planet not to tap that

are her tits real?
they look real

I always liked Crusher even though she clearly struggles as an actress, just because she is a nice lady :3

They are definitely real, you can tell by that nice pendulous quality that you don't see with fakes.

what's up with american women and broad jaws?
it only looks good on men

Best part of the show were the Kazon.

Comically bad and in need of a Cardassian babbysitter.

The biggest thing about this that triggers my autism is they just HAPPEN to get there when they are in the stone age and developing towards Star Fleet tier tech

Also by like a week from when they left they should be Q tier in technology

>Voyager sets up ideas but doesn't deliver.

This is basically best way to sum up Voyager in one sentence.

>The next Star Trek show was Enterprise, which should have been all about stand alone episodes or very short mini-arcs. That show got fucked up when executives insisted it be heavy on continuity and long story arcs (temporal cold war bullshit).

Enterprise got right about perfect on last season, by that time audiences had already abandoned it.

A major problem ENT has is matter of principle when it comes to being prequel. Temporal cold war means that everything is manipulated from future, that means everything about prequel is constantly being undermined.

This is such a huge problem with TNG now
Voyager and DS9 aged way better in terms of aesthetics (Other than Neelixs and Jake Siscos fucking clothing) but they look so much better

I guess it helps DS9 is on a cardassian space station so it looks alien

but TNG everything just screams 80s in it , the hair the outfits the stupid fucking set designs

Also they introduced these retarded surgeon outfits into the canon which they had to use in DS9 once or twice

Why the fuck would you wear red felt in a surgery , its the same color as blood you couldnt tell if you had that shit all over you or how bad they are bleeding

Kazons were ripoff Klingons
Hirogen were ripoff Predators
Borg were ruined by VOY

its best aliens were the Vidians who were seemingly original and interesting and the Krenim before Kes leaving ruined the year of hell arc

That looks like a TOS Blu-Ray screenshot.

>Hirogen were ripoff Predators

I think you mean the Nausicaans and pic related were ripoff Predators.

They had a similar concept to Predators but looked nothing like them.

I didnt mean they look like them but the entire concept of the Hirogen is ripped off from Predator 1 and 2

>its the same color as blood

The same color as human blood. It probably wouldn't be that big a deal when operating species with different colored blood.

It's my favourite star trek. I miss the 90's. Sarah Silverman was a QT in that one episode she's in.

Not to mention that surgery in Star Trek isn't the same as surgery today. Remember in The Voyage Home where McCoy goes bananas over our medieval surgery methods? Cutting people up!? Fucking barbaric! And hell, that was at least half a century before TNG.

It stands to reason that surgeons of the future don't need to worry about getting blood on their outfits

I gotcha' buddy. No hard feelings.

Also, post VOYeur pics of the rare type.

>Anyone who doesn't think pic related isn't a 9/10 needs to get their testosterone checked

She would have looked so much better in a uniform than either of her catsuits

That doesnt make the outfits look any less stupid

No Starfleet uniform == not my waifu.

>>She would have looked so much better in a uniform than either of her catsuits

Agreed wholeheartedly; I do indeed concur.

Thank you Bajoran Terrorism.

Remember that time he coerced a paraplegic with head ridges to have Zero G sex with him?

I do.

Christopher Lloyd as a Klingon in Search for Spock.

They might in the event that someone suffers a bad injury and they actually make it to the surgery table for once.

Who's to say they don't have sophisticated sensors that detect blood loss/spatter?

I'd go gay for older Dr Bashir

Actually I cant think I have seen anyone bleeding in any Star Trek ever

besides the blood changeling test on DS9

when anyone its wounded its cauterized plasma burns or some shit, or impaled but no blood

I guess they couldnt show excessive blood on TV back then?

If they did, wouldn't they mention it?

>body 10/10
Are you serious? She looks like a Roswell Grey in a human costume.

Why would they need to? So the few people who know about surgery protocol won't sperg out?

Because it's Star Trek, and they explain their technology at length every chance they get. These sensors detect blood, like some kind of pump, putting too much air in a balloon.

This is Star Trek we're talking about, and they do know their audience.

There's the scene in The Undiscovered Country with the CGI Klingon blood. One guy gets an arm shot off too.

gay?

-Picard gets starbed by the Nausicaan
-Riker gets infected by the sentient plant in the last episode of Season 2
-Blood on every Klingon bat'leth during stabbing scenes

Guess you had your eyes closed.

No, so the audience that doesn't know the surgery protocol doesn't sperg out.

Point taken, but they don't ALWAYS use technobabble to explain every little detail. Otherwise there would be no room for anything else

New bread

gs4gp

"""no"""