itt: we post our favorite movies and let other anons tell us why they suck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pAQyFq5Xdo8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

from what I remember apocalypse now (theatrical) didn't suck at all

james coburn in a leone movie?
why have i never seen this?

BUBBA!

probably because his movies became more serious and dark in tone and two of them were not set in the old west

Just try you pieces of shit

(OP)
kurtz has only very short screen time
not even leone's best
you just like it because Refn like it

You little nigger, i watched and loved Tokyo Drifter many years before i even knew who Refn was

Overuse of cross fades.

>not even leone's best
I agree, he got better with every movie
ouatia is too melancholic to be my favorite tho

Vin Diesel only appears at the end

so THIS is what autism looks like

Not really my favourite but it's up there and it's the only one who'll probably get a reply

the game adaption's shit

Keep the thread alive

An easy one
>inb4 memes
>inb4 swearing lmao

shelley duvall was annoying as hell and distracted from nicholsons performance

the last minutes are dragged out by unnecessary narration and a forced epilogue to wrap things up

le quirky reddit depressed tarantino comedy

My brother literally got recommended this film a few hours ago and he just watched it. He came in my room and said it's one of the shittest most boring pointless films he's ever seen and he turned it off with 15 mins to go.

I've never seen it either. I fucking hate most films that try to be serious and 'quirky' at the same time. Thanks for saving me the possible trouble, brother.

Standard definition, too long, way too disjointed
It's found footage. Good found footage, but still found footage. The ending could've been more brutal and more scary.

Man i have seen Cure everywhere on Cred Forums today, it's great.

Have nothing bad to say about the film. Great taste my friend.

Your brother should honestly consider suicide

That was probably me posting it and I think you replied
Cheers, spread the good word

what does quirky even mean? I see it thrown around a lot around here

most of the time it's code for "something I don't like"

The fact that it's found footage doesn't detract from its qualities, I'd argue. Recommend a better movie in the same vein shot with more "standard" techniques, if you like. I'd be interested in seeing out.

Seconding this, I'll download and watch it. I only wached Kairo and I liked it a lot.

Prove me wrong.

You can't

>"Having or characterized by peculiar or unexpected traits or aspects."

Think snatch

if I were your father I'd drown you both.
maybe your real father would've too if he didn't leave

Na I trust him.

I've always seen it mentioned but never liked the look of it. Who the fuck wants to watch collin farrell and that fat fuck in an epic reddit comedy.

He said ralph feinnes was a shit bad guy in it too. Very unconvincing as a tough guy. I can see that from a mile away.

but the narration of taojjbtcrf is one of the best things about it

Trying to be a bit of a comedy without calling itself one. Someone else mentioned snatch and he's correct. That's one of the rare time it actually works.

Gummo

More like "Put a gun in my mouth-o!"

Perfect movie

>Very unconvincing as a tough guy
Not even one of those guys and he's right about it being a reddit comedy
but thinking Ralph Fiennes was supposed to be some sort of tough villain in this makes your brother look literally retarded. He was barely in the movie, which sucks because he was the only one in it who could act

And I'd agree, I like FF a lot, I was just making dumb banter criticism because people usually hate it.
>The Blair Witch Project
You can't go wrong with this, it's fucking classic
>Noroi
Batshit insane japanese found footage, very unconventional, more like a mockumentary, it's creepy and a lot of fun
>Lake Mungo
One of my favorites, it's a bit slow and also more like a mockumentary, but it's worth it to stick with it. Has one of the scariest scenes I've seen in a movie
And check out Man Bites Dog, it's not horror, but it's an amazing edgy Belgian found footage dark comedy

Oh mate, not this again - are you the guy I always end up discussing movies like found footage and Shiraishi's movie with? What are the fucking chances. I think we talked a bit about The Bay the last time

A massive dinner scene that consists of 'muh home'
Contains a meme
dood god lmao
a furry watched too many ghibli movies and made this shit
exploitation of midgets

Nope haha, not that guy. I have The Bay on my hard disk though, should I watch?

not the french version kill yourself

Bullshit melodrama and Truffaut is an overrated hack

Brando was 100 pounds overweight for the role and phoned in his entire 5 minute long performance

Sorry for the mixup mate. Yeah, go ahead! It's an interesting take on horror, as it lacks the element of the unknown - everything is understood and explained.

You seen Occult and Cult? Not on the level of Noroi, but pretty nice.

I actually have Man Bites Dog, I'll watch it soon. Look up Tarnation, you may find it interesting.

The Bay is like a double shot. Its a faux underground documentary made up of found footage.

I have a morbid fear of parasites anyways, so this movie creeped me the fuck out. I'm never going in the ocean ever again.

The script had a better Kurtz and third act.

Thanks for the recs, I'm always interested in watching original and creative ff so I'll check them out.
I've seen Occult and thought it was really good, not on par with Noroi yeah, but I'm just a sucker for Shiraishi so I liked it. Even the crazy fucking ending, dude sure doesn't shy away lel
Yeah, this cements it, I'm watching it tonight then. We can all get behind being terrified of parasites as humans I guess, it's a beautiful thing really

Yeah, he's constantly all out. Something typical of a certain kind of Japanese directors, I think. If you look at things as diverse as Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Throw Away Your Books Rally In The Streets and Hausu you see the same kind of craziness.

COME ON

original is better

You're a living meme, you know that?

Literal meme

This track was only used for like 5 seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=pAQyFq5Xdo8

First 1.5 hours - excellent.
Last 1.5 huors - shit.

Either this or Day Of Wrath

So is Trump and he is about to be president. I can live with being a meme.

>He thinks trump is going to be presidente'
Maximo risa.

>original is better
Not with that shit-tier ending it isn't
OH IM SO HAPPY GONNA SPIN THE WEEL SUM WUT CUD HAPN
otherwise it's great

i think you posted this in the scorsese thread

it sounds amazing but I'm a pussy when it comes to horro

>that shit-tier ending
literally fuck yourself. it's better than ending with an off screen gunshot.

cool be sure to keep us updated on your brother's shitty taste

Sorcerer had the real french ending the movie deserved
Clouzot must have been high or something cuz he doesn't fuck up like that in any of his other stuff
Have you seen Quai des Orfèvres? Its probly my favorite
"Steven Spielberg presents"
>midget shot in head
>"lol, this movie is so quirky!"

No, I haven't seen much Clouzot. What else would you recommend?

Try

There was never and will never be a sequel.

this is probably one of the most flawless movies ive ever watched. everything in it is perfection.

I stand by my belief that if they replaced Brando with Nicholson (who was considered for the role) the movie would be perfect. As is, I 100% agree with you.

Also, never seen that movie, really want to.

ebert likes it

Well Les Diaboliques is his most famous one, but I also really like Le Corbeau
Absolutely no depth, visuals just to look pretty, over-the-top action
Cinema du look at its finest
and that last line... damn

Ebert was a hack.

GO ON. TRY. CHUNKING EXPRESS IS "BETTER" DOESN'T MEAN IT SUCKS.

not really, flat and without passion
absolutely no understanding of the subject and therefore the themes it pretends to express and show, so all the ideas and feelings it tries to convey goes to shit

i'll never get anything out of this shit flick, and also it's visually unimpressive for the most part so it doesn't even have that going for it

fuck this film and fuck the fucking hack kim ki duk

i hate you and i hope you choke and die in your sleep tonight

Kim ki-duk bros!
What did you guys think of Pieta
I thought the shaky camera style didn't work so well but the story was compelling and korean enough to make up for it

santa sangre

watch more films you pleb shit
did you even read my post?

>did you even read my post?
I like hearing negative opinions too, as long as theyre honest

psycho ripoff

was pieta the one where the mother cuts his sons dick?

I don't think that specific event happened but you're on the right track

No one?

didnt watch it but a guy told me about it when it came out and i remember the dick part
what do you think of 3 iron and spring, summer...?

:(

Haven't seen sppring summer... yet but its on my computer
Loved 3-Iron, never seen anything like it. He filmed it like a Dardennes movie but added in that ghost component which gave it a whole new feel

>not the holy mountain
>not el topo

Reminder Magua did nothing wrong

Jenny is a complete whore and cucks forest and probably gave him and his supposed kid HIV.

Great
>Also, never seen that movie, really want to.
How can you comment on a movie youve never seen?

actually watch santa sangre

>yfw that asshole Matthews from Logistics starts playing I Ain't No Senator's Son again

you literally can't slander this one, faggots

If it lost Best Picture to Kramer vs Kramer, it must suck really bad

10/10 coming through