So I'm on my second rewatch of this show and I'm at the beginning of the fifth season where Tony is trying to date Dr...

So I'm on my second rewatch of this show and I'm at the beginning of the fifth season where Tony is trying to date Dr. Melfi but she ultimately denies giving him a chance. She talks about how dating him would prevent the possibility of future sessions between the two and whatnot and the show goes on. I'm thinking about it and I think I very much would have liked to see them date for a season or 2 and maybe they break up at the end of season 6 part one and we see them interact outside of a professional capacity until the end of the show but as it stands the show is perfect the way it is. Do you think it was a good idea that David's Chase didn't have them date at all? It would have added an extra dimension to their relationship I think.
TL;DR do you think it's a good idea that Tony and Dr. Melfi never dated when him and Carmela separated, for the quality of the show I mean? Would you have liked to have seen them date?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qbS2N88paTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Do you think it was a good idea that David's Chase didn't have them date at all?
it's one of the best things, because chase never compromised the characters to make cheap soap opera shit

Tony = Shinji
Livia = Gendo
Johnny Soprano = Yui
Melfi = Rei
Carmella = Asuka
Christopher = Toji
Paulie = Misato
Furio = Kaji
Leotardo = Keel Lorentz

The Sopranos is the NGE of Western Television.

>chase never compromised the characters to make cheap soap opera shit
HA HA HA HA

TELL THAT TO SEASON 4

SEASON OF MEXICAN TELENOVELLA FILLER SHIT.

I'm glad they didn't, part of her very small character arc was to not give in to the temptation of Tony and his corrupt power. Rejecting him was her Galadriel-rejects-the-One-ring moment.

>So I'm on my second rewatch of this show
on season 6 of my 5th rewatch. get on my level faggot.

dont think it would of been great. they would focus on how confortable is she with what he does. there would have been a couple of bits where she like gets turned on or enjoys the benefits then feels guilty but he would never change and i just dont see it personaly

I think she just wanted to fuck tony once

Not actually date

I think it would have been a horrible idea to have them date and I'm glad it went the way it did.

Melfi was the one person who in Tony's life who was corrupted by his sinful life.

what is this autism. elaborate

I'm on my 3rd rewatch too, first time noticing that Father jughead is a different actor in the 1st episode

FURIO
CARMELLA

FILLER

I've had just about enough of this meme. There is no filler in The Sopranos. It's not plot based at all. There are only character moments and arcs that are done with varying levels of effectiveness.

Even if you didn't find Carmella and Furio interesting (it wasn't that bad) season 4 still had god-tier episodes like No-Show, Whoever Did This, and Whitecaps. The Carmella and Furio stuff only took up like 10% of the season, and that's being super generous.

>only 10% of your meal is liquid shit
::))))

Why sit through trash when you could be outside fucking a 7/10

the fuck are you talking about?

Fuck, I never noticed.

The priest that feasts on lonely married women and past'

greatest love story ever told

youtube.com/watch?v=qbS2N88paTs

In reality she was the mother he always wanted.

OOHHH!!

>yfw the priest Carmella almost bangs is the same guy as the doctor who Edie Falco fucks in nurse Jackie