Tim Burton puts JJ "if its white, i'll rewrite" Abrams in his place by making everyone white on his upcoming movie

Tim Burton puts JJ "if its white, i'll rewrite" Abrams in his place by making everyone white on his upcoming movie

>For fans of Ransom Riggs' 2011 bestseller Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, one of the things that made the news of its big-screen adaptation so intriguing was imagining which actors would make up the ensemble. The book features a large cast of characters, from the eponymous children to the many adults who throw them into peril. The idea of seeing them portrayed on-screen thrilled readers of Riggs' book hoping to see a diverse group of actors take on the challenge. Yet in reality, the few dozen characters that make up the movie version of Miss Peregrine's are predominantly white, with Samuel L. Jackson's Barron being the only notable exception. Sitting down at New York's McKittrick Hotel to discuss the film, director Tim Burton tells me why that's the case.

>"Nowadays, people are talking about it more," he says regarding film diversity. But "things either call for things, or they don’t. I remember back when I was a child watching The Brady Bunch and they started to get all politically correct. Like, OK, let’s have an Asian child and a black. I used to get more offended by that than just... I grew up watching blaxploitation movies, right? And I said, that’s great. I didn’t go like, OK, there should be more white people in these movies."

>Of the film's entire cast, Jackson appears to be the only nonwhite character, playing the villainous Barron, the leader of a group of creatures who aim to murder children with supernatural abilities.

>"I had to go back in my head and go, how many black characters have been in Tim Burton movies?" Jackson says. "And I may have been the first, I don’t know, or the most prominent in that particular way, but it happens the way it happens.

>Out of Burton's 36 directing credits, Jackson is seemingly the only African-American actor cast in a notable role. Bustle notes that Billy Dee Williams' Harvey Dent cameo in 1989's Batman and Michael Clarke Duncan's Colonel Attar in 2001's Planet of the Apes were both listed as supporting parts.

>No Johnny Depp and/or Helena BC in a Burton movie

Fucking finally.

You faggots are literally reverse SJWs...you don't even care if movies are good or not anymore.

>beautiful, aesthetically pleasing alabaster skinned blonde girl

>beautiful, aesthetically pleasing alabaster skinned redhead girl

>beautiful, aesthetically pleasing alabaster skinned Eva

Don't see an issue here.

>tfw black men won't have an issue with this film since most black dudes fuck white chicks now

Hey black women, when are you gonna nut up and rein in your men? Dey be strayin

is Tim totally washed up??? Could he direct a good movie if he got a proper script?? The movies always seem to have half assed scripts though his style is still somewhat present

>inb4 Tim Burton suicides by 3 shots to the back of the head and disposes of the firearm

You forgot
>beautiful, aesthetically pleasing alabaster skinned boipucci Asa

This, if I don't get my supply of BBC in some white pussy in the next flick this whole industry has officially been taken over by the Alt-RightJWs.

I hear crushing your throat with a barbell is the hip new way to kill yourself.

Remember when Tim Burton made the white character of Harvey Dent a black man, and Warner Bros forced the recast and made him white?

Remember when Tim Burton cast an Indian or whatever as the Oompa Loompas even though they have rosy white skin in the books?

Remember when Tim Burton showed incredible restraint and only cast one black actor as the apes in Planet of the Apes?

Remember when the most badass character in Mars Attacks was black? And also was a good father who didn't abandon his kids?

Oompa Loompas were a movie invention retard.

Remember when the white president in Mars Attacks was an incompetent cuck, the white army major was an idiot redneck, and the other army general was black and also seen as the most responsible, smart and diplomatic of the three?

WE

My mistake. The internet lied to me.

they were in the book, as some sort of weird caucasian pygmies.

I take back my previous comment.

>movies are too diverse lately, I'll take this book with its diverse characters and white wash them just to balance things out

Eh. Whenever these artists get "redpilled," the quality of their work tends to suffer.

Tim Burton, Eli Roth, Frank Miller are all low brow hacks.

I googled Ms Peregrine white washing and nothing came up, and I'm reasonably sure this is a tumblrite book. Are you sure the characters in the book aren't white and it's just expected that he'll make some of them black, as is the current trend, and that's why the question is being asked? I could be wrong.

Last time he did that it was 2004, so I have my doubts about his capabilities.

>Tim Burton puts JJ "if its white, i'll rewrite" Abrams in his place

Abrams whitewashed Khan.

Are you retarded?

Is Eva the new Helena?

>whitewashed a white character
Is this bait?

It's a pretty obscure read, you're not going to see much written on it. That said, the characters were ethnically diverse so it does seem like this was Tim's own agenda-pushing, probably to lash out at an industry that's not really rewarding him anymore for recycling his overused themes.

As if Roth was never not horrible

Spics aren't white, Pedro.

>b-but my Spaniards

They're infused with so much Moorish blood they're basically northern Saracens.

I've never watched the original Khan in action. Was it good? I think Cucumber did a nice job. Certainly the best actor in the film, bar maybe Karl Urban.

>media makes a fuss about white people existing
>discuss how stupid and irrelevant this is
>''CAN'T YOU SEE YOU'RE BOTH THE SAME''

Reverse SJWism isn't real.

>that explanation for avoiding diversity in his films
What a fucking idiot. I hope he gets eaten alive.

More like
>movie has a black in the cast
>"WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY SHOVING NIGGERS DOWN OUR THROATS???"
>someone points out an asian character was whitewashed
>"WHO WANTS TO SEE CHINKS ANYWAY, THEY WON'T SELL A MOVIE!!!"
>movie remade with all female cast
>"BOYCOTT AND DOWNVOTE IT TO HELL, WHO CARES HOW GOOD IT IS???"

Every time. You are not the rational, level-headed ones. You're never the rational ones.

Nice allcaps strawman nerd
lmao

rofl xD