So Doctor Who used to be my favorite show literally ever...

So Doctor Who used to be my favorite show literally ever, then Moffat got his greasy little paws all over it and fucked it all up. Clara is in my opinion one of the worst companions and its not even her fault, it's the Doctors. While I can kinda see the charm of 12, I just find him abrasive and generally a douche, not that the other doctors weren't asshats, its just that he does it in a more upfront way. 10 and 11 just did the usual "oh shit look at me I'm fuckin brilliant and 100x smarter than the next dude here." 12 just kinda says fuck you and moves on.

Now that Moffat quit, do you guys think that the showrunner will return the Doctor to his former glory, or is it too late for him to change?
Also, General Moffat Hate Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_9)#Critical_reception
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

self bump for discussion

I hope so. Go back to younger Doctors would be a good start. No women Drs. No google Drs. Just a skinny white guy with a bongistan accent would suit me just fine.

Hell I don't even give a fuck about gender or age or any of that, I just miss the days where the doctor thought he killed his whole race and that humbled the fuck outta him

show would be better if the companion's costume was panties
mmmm

Fucking finally someone calls this hack out. That episode where the doctor fights Robin Hood with a spoon was just too far.
>LOL IT'S SOOOO QUIRKY XDXDXD
God i just want doctors as good as the 9th and 10th again

9th doctor best doctor

Dr. SJW is a wholly owned subsidiary of Feminism PLC. Until that changes, it will continue to be crap. And there's nothing wrong with a strong female character. Donna was a good companion because she didn't whine about how difficult it is to be a girl while the Doctor was doing all the heavy lifting.

They changed their target audience. Osgood wasn't just an odd character, she was fan service because she represent the average Doctor Who fan now. Don't be surprised if she turns out to be the next Doctor somehow.

Erm....I quite liked that episode, It was good fun, as the show SHOULD be.

Last few seasons have been just a little too dark on the whole.

>12 just kinda says fuck you and moves on.

I kinda like that tho.

one of my least favorite episodes was the one with the shitty shitty doctor who fan club good god that was bad

that was the first ever episode of doctor who i ever watched

It just feels so lazy, you know?

I loved Doctor Who for a very long time, but it went downhill after Moffat. Sure a few good episodes here and there but overall story arches became bloated, and he beat pretty cool concepts into the ground (for example River song). The best episodes during his run is the stand alone episodes due to have nothing to do with the arch, and you get to see Doctor Who return to what it does best - having fun.

I stopped watching almost two years ago because of Clara. Clara is a really bad companion.

YES

Moffat should've been fired on the spot after he allowed the goddamn STATUE OF LIBERTY to become a weeping angel

It's hearing shit like this that makes me glad I stopped watching like 4 years ago.

I never had a problem with Moffat until I saw Hell Bent, I used to say that maybe he's not that bad, that people were exaggerating, but my god, that episode took every single Moffat flaw and made them bigger. Years of Gallifrey build up into the trash, pissing all over past episodes, the doctor being a fucktard, sassy woman with no personality, showing past monsters for no reason and screwing up their impact, pretentious scenes that go nowhere, bringing back Clara for no good reason. That was the last straw, I'm fucking mad, now #I'maRTDshill. MOFFAT OUT MOFFAT OUT MOFFAT OUT.

>tfw Capaldi is the best dw actor in years but keeps getting screwed over by Moffat's wankery
th-thanks

Love & Monsters is unanimously rated one of the worst eps of Doctor Who ever.

I'm surprised you bothered watching any more after that experience.

don't you have a containment general for this faggotry of a show?

That's a shame. Series 9 was very good.

"Doctor Who's ninth series received critical acclaim, and was hailed by many critics as the show's best season to date."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_9)#Critical_reception

Wait, he didn't?
Fuck I gotta rewatch Who now (stopped watching after Season 9, when Moffat fucked it all up).

>stopped watching after Season 9
But that's the last season, or series.

Stuck em 1 second into the future so they could be safe n shit.

Also, he went to gallifrey in the series finale and it pretty much blew ass.

Or was it Season 6?
It was the one that completely fucked up the Weeping Angels and made River Song Amy's child.

or maybe you just grew out of a show for literal children

But even Hell Bent was better than the Dobby Doctor one.

I've still not quite forgiven RTD to this day for that utter shite.

That was series 7, which is also unanimously rated one of the worst seasons of Doctor Who.

Series 8 and 9 were better.

There isn't a single good episode in Series 8

>Raggedy Man!...

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Clara is absolute horrible garbage and needs to be removed from time, and even though I think Capaldi would make a great Doctor, how they've handled 12 has been pretty shit. 6 gets a ration of shit for being an unlikable Doctor and I still like him more than 12.

It's possible if they off Clara they can change 12's personality a bit, but I don't know if they can completely unfuck him.

I thought both the mummy episode and flatland were pretty good, based Jamie Mathieson knows his shit.

Rick and mort is a better Dr Who than doctor who

There were few gems. The bank robbery one was very good, and the one with the 2D boneless monsters. Also the spooky one with the thing under the blanket.

The cybermen 2 parter was pretty good too.

Oh yeah...the mummy episode was excellent.

I'm this fat piece of shit and I also just want to pipe up and say I agree with this. Donna is the best nu-Who companion by a fucking mile. Wasn't impossibly "I'M A DOCTOR WHO COMPANION SO I CAN'T DIE SO THIS MEANS I WILL CHARGE STRAIGHT INTO DANGER", didn't give the Doctor lovey eyes, called him on his shit but still appreciated him, had best side-companion. Clara's far and away the worst, but Donna is best.

It is better, but not by fucking much. I kind of wish they would fuck off with season-arcs and just do some "DOCTOR GOES ON INDIVIDUAL AND MAYBE A FEW TWO-PART ADVENTURES" seasons in the new show.

>Goodbye!...

You're not completely wrong, though it's quickly devolving into "Throw shit at the wall for 20 minutes and see what sticks" episodes and recurring locations/characters, similar to Who.

Blink is the only great episode in that series. Utopia is good but it's a three-parter and Last Of The Time Lords shits all over it.

Before someone brings It up, Family of Blood is the most overrated story in the reboot.

Thank you for containing all the RTD fags in one thread. It will be nice to have a discussion with people who like more than the 4 worst years of the show

The Tenth Doctor is the most overrated Doctor of the reboot. I just don't get the fandom adoration of him.

How to make a modern episode of Dr Who
>Think of an exotic location
>Think of an interesting culture that could exist
>Send the doctor there
>Suddenly some bullshit happens
>Doctor makes a stupid speech
>The end

It's a combination of nostalgia and the fact that nu Who probably has the worst fan base of all time

>>Think of an exotic location
>>Think of an interesting culture that could exist
You're giving them too much credit.

>Making the doctor an old man who is famous for swearing
>qt assistant doesn't want to spent the next 4 years of her life worrying that her coworker will drop dead in one of the running scenes and so quits
>only reason to keep watching is gone
>realizing your mistake and just bailing instead of fixing it
>hiring a sheboon to replace because muh quotas

SHOW IS OVER GONE TO COMPLETE SHIT GOOD LUCK

Jenna Coleman is lovely but the writing was so awful for season 8. 9 was a little better. Hope the show returns to a more consistent quality.

>They changed their target audience.

you mean when the gay welsh contingent took over the show and suddenly, after almost forty years of not referring to sex at all, we have the doctor kissing his gay 51st century boyfriend who hides lasers up his arse?

the show used to try to teach kids one or two things about basic science, but since the gay welsh took over, it's become a series of increasingly unlikely fairy stories. YES NEIL GAIMAN YOU DID THIS, TOO.

> tardis explodes
> destroys the universe
> universe is re-created from companion's memories
> even the places she's never heard of

>the gay Welsh

Erm...he left 6 yrs ago. This thread is to look back nostalgically at his era, and to whinge about the straight Scot who's been running the show since.

>>Making the doctor an old man who is famous for swearing
>>qt assistant doesn't want to spent the next 4 years of her life worrying that her coworker will drop dead in one of the running scenes and so quits
>>only reason to keep watching is gone
Literally describing the first and third Doctors.

This thread is one of the worst things I've ever read on Cred Forums

>Making the doctor an old man

Unforgivable!!