Ancalagon the Black appears in the MCU. How fucked are the Avengers?

Ancalagon the Black appears in the MCU. How fucked are the Avengers?

Everyone except the hulk dies

Just nuke it.

He was never specified as being that big. Only that when he died, he exploded a mountain in the process. People erroneously took that to mean he was the size of a mountain.

Quip it to death.

hulk would beat it eventually

Do the Avengers have eagles?

3 hours of prep time

Is that long enough to call some eagles?

middle earth has no gravity?

When Angcalon was around Midde Earth was flat, so I'm guessing physics works differently there.

MCU hulk is weak as piss and ancalagon is the size of a city

Ancalagon wins

he looks so big, he can't seriously be inside the atmosphere when he flies. is he some sort of celestial creature?

Not the Eagles, man

This.

Even if the cinematic universe doesn't establish it, the Hulk's principle core concept remains the same.

You can't fucking kill him. His very nature is to survive.

hulk could punch into his veins and give him a fatal blood clot

>middle earth was flat
Explain this shit to me. Is it a fucking rectangle or some shit?

Fing Fang Foom!

Didn't it say that he flattened the mountain, that does imply he was pretty huge.

The Avengers would likely spend the first and second act assembling enough Hulk proof purple fabric to create a pair of pants large enough to put on Ancalagon. Third act, they be at some fast food spot exchanging quips.

How high are you right now?

Destroyed 3 everest sized mountains. Yeah he is big

Middle Earth was a flat circle with heaven being West across the sea. When Sauron tricked a human empire into sailing west and invade heaven, God sank the empire and made the world round to prevent future incursions. Heaven was moved to another dimension. The only way to go there is to use Elvish ships. There's no outer space in the setting, so there's no atmosphere for Angcalon to pierce.

Still doubt it, simply not enough food for him to grow that big, and air

>fantasy
>still apply logic

Also dragons don't need to feed like regular animals. Outside smaug (who was a dick) dragons are never shown to eat

That image its ridiculous

So simply put, shit writing ?

Yes, magic is a ridiculous concept.

Good writing does not equal being bound to logic or the laws of physics. I know you're trying to act like you're too smart to enjoy a good book but if you can't suspend your disbelief for the most elementary fantasy setting, then you're just another autist.

Or your an autist

>muh sci fi

Listen pal, I'll accept that there's a giant fire breathing sky lizard in this universe containing elves and wizards and tree monsters, but you mean to tell me it has to eat food!?

A bridge too good sir! Completely unrealistic!

Nobody because he simply collapses under his own weight kek

Magic in anything other than complete and total fantasy setting is retarded and gets increasingly retarded the more it mingles with contemporary settings or science fiction settings, like capeshit.

He was created with a significant part of Morgoth's essence, so in a sense he's celestial.

The avengers are not fucked because as always their powers are imbalanced and some desu ex machina will save them.

they have a Hawk... eye.

Ant-Man shrinks him and steps on him.

Couldn't Vision just like.. phase shift into it's brain or some shit? Fuck shit up from the inside?

I think our whole planet would be fucked if that cunt could breathe in space

Thanos fears the hulk.. And thanos is basically a god. Plus hulk has been slapping down giant monsters all the time.

I don't think you guys get it.

MCU has to find bullshit reasons to always put Hulk handicapped or away from the real fights.

Hulk = no power cap

So they find increasingly crazy ways to nullify him.

Logically speaking, Hulk, with enough anger, can destroy Ancalagon.

He's just overpowered in terms of design, he even regenerates from total disintegration on a molecular scale, and survives the aging of the universe, living even longer than Sentry etc. etc.

Ancalagon is just huge and powerful yeah, but Hulk is permanent and with increasing strength.

This size is more acurate

It was 3 mountains u nigger

Not in the MCU.

Does anyone have the bane edit of that pic?

>can't kill him
>but we can knock him unconscious lol :)

The MCU has gravity, that thing wouldn't be able to move under it's own weight.

It was killed by people who just flew a boat into its face. Ironman could do that with a nuke. He killed that one wyrm pretty similarly by flying into its mouth and shooting missiles into its guts.ant man would just shrink and take a bomb with him into its heaet or brain and detonate it after he escapes. Hulk would just jump at its chest and keep ripping its scales off until he gets to its heart. It'd be pretty easy actually

Thor is a citybuster.

Ancalagon mind fucks hulk into killing the avengers

So how dense must the atmosphere be at high altitudes in middle earth just for that thing to breathe sufficiently?

How dense is the atmosphere at sea level on that logic?

Umm... no

It's pretty dense :^)

Ghost army, that's cool.

Giant sentient eyeball, fine.

Creature literally made of fire and shadow, sure why not?

But am I really supposed to believe that a big dragon can fly?

Clearly that magical flying fire lizard is too big for gravity retard learn science!

Well that clears that up.

That dragon would throw off the orbit of the earth. You could literally see him from space.

To me, my Ancalagon!

I love how beta nu male cucks can't handle the BBD

tony gets general ross to fire a tactical nuke at it, sorted

Dragon scale is incredibly durable

I don't think you appreciate what temperatures exceeding 100,000,000 degrees combined with going from vacuum to extreme pressures to vacuum would do to any materiel.

xDD, HAHAA
THAT was funny, lol

>magic
>celestial entity
>rule of cool
>plot armor
>writers having neither sense of scale nor basic scientific background
pick your poison

It's time to call the grey warden!

tony personally flies the nuke into its mouth, sorted

Dr Strange dissolves it with some wavy gestures.

How did godzilla and superman survive then

Could Daisy kill him?

His suit gets melted

I doubt it. They really nerfed her after the last reboot. Barely even the same character.

>MCU hulk is weak as piss

>punched a gigantic robo dragon once and killed it

Shut your mouth.

Ancalagon is ridiculously, irrationally large. The cinematic universe Avengers don't have anything that could possibly stop him.

Came here to post this.

Give him Thors hammer for added effect

That robo whale is a maggot in comparison to ancalagon

It's powered by the essence of a god, you dumbass

>make a comfy lotr thread with ancalagonposting
>invites capeniggers

fuck you op

what is the point of being that big

If no one ever reaches out to them how can they ever learn?

He's black. Why do you think

Well the avengers have a flying boat and vision has a space silmari... So they're fine.

Some people will never learn user

I think people are getting really hung up on what's essentially murky legends in Tolkien's world.

>There's no outer space in the setting
Incorrect. The valar that towed the sun and moon were in outer space. Earendil becomes the planet venus.

Also before Eru broke the world it was set inside an infinite ocean called the encircling sea, home to eldrich abominations.

ANCALAGON WAS KILLED BY A SHITTY ELF ON A FLYING BOAT
HE AINT WORTH SHIT
HE'S NOT THAT BIG, HE DIDN'T LEVEL MOUNTAINS, HE BROKE THEIR PEAKS

If anyone is weak as piss its Thor

How is something that colossal even written in the books

The same way you right a worm big enough to swallow worlds

>be hobbit
>hiking around the mountains of mordor
>see ancalagon behind a mountain
>what do?

>he can just keep getting more angry

This is the most retard thing about hulk. The idea that he can just keep getting more upset than he already is, and therefore stronger.

You can only get a finite amount of upset. It may be a lot (like having ur kids slaughtered in front of you or something) but its finite. Anger is DBZ ki, its a state where the brain is full of certain hormones and dissonant external stimuli.

This. MCU Hulk is weaker than MCU Kurse based on their battle with Thor, and he's weaker than Iron Man's Hulkbuster suit.

Not to mention that Tolkien Dragons are telepathic.

This one is up to Cap.

He also effectively lost to Abomination in their fight.

MCU Hulk is a jobber desu.

Hulk is a mindless beast any dragon in middle earth bends him to their will lol

How exactly did a half-elf normal sized dude kill Ancalagon?

With a flying boat.

>tfw you're at work and cant dump your ancalagon the fuckhuge folder
Make this thread again in a few hours.

yeah but what did he actually do? I'm looking for the mechanics of how a dude with a sword in a flying boat killed a mountain sized dragon

And a Silmarillion strapped to his brow.

Well you see. He had a boat that could fly, and a eaglebro.

Those are literally the only details.

He also had a holy weapon but the details of how he killed the black dread is never put on paper

*Simaril

My guess is he blinded Ancalagon with the silmaril, the great eagles clawed his eyes and then maybe Earendil used a enchanted bow of the Valor to fire a arrow into his heart?

uh what about belerion the dread

underrated

Balerion is a pussy and would get rekt by black widow

He wasn't weaker than the Hulkbuster.

Tony just kept replacing the parts Hulk would tear.

It's effectiveness was in its approach, take Hulk out as quickly and efficiently as possible while having a closet full of extra armour floating near by.

Actually not following the rules or logic leads to things like inconsistencies and plot holes.
But following the laws of physics is unnecessary.
Ancalagon can be as big as he wants because he's fictional. He can eat or not eat because hes fictional.
He can destroy 3 mountains when he dies because he's fictional.
I would like to point out tho that this vs crap is pointless and no clear winner can be established meaningfully. The winner is decided by whoever is writing the story. If the Avengers win, all it would mean is that they had to do a little extra to win. Or not. Its fictional. The writer might decide to make Ancalagon the size of an ant in the avengers world, then get stepped on by the Hulk, which leads to a little firecracker pop under his feet.

He still lost to iron fag

That's what I meant by effectiveness.

>How fucked are the Avengers?
Do we include Strange? he can easily erase Ancalagon's existence. If not Vision will just fly into his heart and grill it from inside.
That being said, comic Thor would solo him without breaking a sweat.

He broke the peaks of three mountains simultaneously.

Wyvern
Y
V
E
R
N

Interested...will bump for you bro

>home to eldrich abominations.
What?

Avengers got canonically wrecked in their own backyard by Godzilla with every NEWWWW YAWKKKKKKK superhero of note helping them.

Ancalagon is not a Wyvern.

Smaug was not a wyvern in the books, only in the movie adaption.

All Wyverns are Dragons. Not all Dragons are wyverns.

Same as all Alsatians are dogs, not all dogs are Alsatians

The deep places on earth are home to monsters that existed before creation. Gandalf mentions that when they suggest throwing the ring into the ocean.

The encircling sea was boundless and was basically the waters of chaos.

Don't bother I'll dump them myself

Pic related is the best to scale image of the black

>Ancalagon the Black appears in the MCU. How fucked are the Avengers?

Nothing beats a well placed pipe bomb

He's a.... some... guy...he's.. a....

I think he's some sort of guy but I can't find the words

>Explain this shit to me. Is it a fucking rectangle or some shit?
a disk

>said the man who hasn't read fantasy

>those voids in the supercluster picture

This chart is all sorts of fucked up. Glaurung's size is only so big that the dwarves manage to fuck him up and the Belegost king stuck a knife up in his belly. And how could it possibly enter Nargothrond if it was that big?

As for Ancalagon, it does say that he fell onto the towers of Thangorodrims towers. I've only read a translated version, so I haven't got the exact words, but that scale seems a bit over the top.

The towers were the mountains. The mountains were bigger than everest. Ancalagon broke all three completely

>existed before creation
LOTR is so unrealistic. Just don't let see what you wrote or he'll start sperging about plot holes again(despite not knowing what a plot hole actually consists of).

And the got KOed by fucking Iron Man. Hulk is a joke.

When will this meme end? Hulk is not even close to unbeatable. Fucking Spider-man has knocked out the Hulk.

I know that, but at that scale he would probably fill up the entirety of Ard-Galen. How the fuck can something that big just rise up from Angband when it's probably bigger than the entire fortress? It doesn't add up.

There is also no real comparison with our mountains, so I don't see why you claim that they're higher than Everest. Tall, yeah, but there's not actually a comparison. As for collapsing them, they're made of gravel from excavations for fuck's sake.

Iron Man would kill him with relative ease.

More agile, quicker, more firepower, can shoot nukes down his throat.

Iron man couldn't beat 2 super soldiers

Knocked out != killed.

Plus there are a lot of varying surrounding factors depending on the fights and events. Even though he's just a character, he can be portrayed differently depending on the writer, but one constant remains the same, he survives.

Have you read World War Hulk? These events precede the Civil War and during it, Hulk is so fucking pissed off at the Illuminati that he beats up every single member except for Charles Xavier who didn't want to send him into space.

That means Hulk fucking beat up Iron Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Reed Richards, motherfucking Black Bolt who is OP in his own right and Namor

Hulk beat them all up because he had enough rage for what they did to him. And like I said, knocked out != killed or ultimately defeated.

Also on another note, the cinematic universe severely downplays Spidermans strength. He's actually a shit ton more powerful than he's portrayed.

He cast a shadow on the host. The host filled anfauglith with their numbers. So yes he would have filled anfauglith

Angband is incredibly deep with innumerable mines, makes sense since thangorodrim was a result of its excavation.

>Tall, yeah, but there's not actually a comparison.
Are you suggesting they were simply cylindrical towers cos that's retarded

>As for collapsing them, they're made of gravel from excavations for fuck's sake.
And? What special stuff are mountains made off?

If he wanted to kill them he could have. He was pulling punches so they wouldn't get merc'ed

>Knocked out != killed.
Thor killed him in that page I posted before he rolled back time and fixed things.

> but one constant remains the same, he survives
Just like every other superhero.

>Have you read World War Hulk?
You mean the Hulk wank event? The one were everyone was massively out of character? And even then Juggernaut, Zom Strange, Ghost Rider, and Sentry were all beating his ass until some plot bullshit made them stop fighting.

What event is that page from? Is it from a cannon timeline, or an offshoot?

When I said survive, I meant in the most grandest sense. Somebody else already posted it itt, but Hulk surviving means outlasting the universe never being able to be killed.

Also WW Hulk happens directly after the events of Planet Hulk, also cannon. The Illuminati which consisted of Iron Man, Charles Xavier, Namor, Black Bolt, Reed Richards, and Dr. Strange, all recognized that Hulk was simply too much of a liability and a massive obstacle in their plans. The civil war was planned from the beginning with these guys and they knew that they would never be able to beat the Hulk and he would just fuck everything up, which is why they just decided to knock him out and then shoot him into space. I don't understand how you see this as everybody being "massively out of character".

>What event is that page from?
It's from the King Thor storyline, you casual.

>
When I said survive, I meant in the most grandest sense. Somebody else already posted it itt, but Hulk surviving means outlasting the universe never being able to be killed.
>things that never happened.

I know what the Planet Hulk and WWH stories are, I've read them, and Hulk was massively overwanked by fanboys. He was losing to Juggernaut, Strange, Ghost Rider and a weakened Sentry.

Hulk fanboys are literally the biggest cancer in comics.

verisimilitude motherfucker, learn it

ghosts, eyeball and balrog make sense because they dont make sense. we dont apply real world thought to it and just accept it.

flight however does make sense but when we see something that we understand shouldnt fly flying its weird.

it's the difference between seeing an alien laser gun destroy a tank and seeing a m1911 pistol destroying a tank.

still, you'd be able to explain the dragons flight away pretty easily just with 'magic'.

He would probably be way larger than the mountains to crush them

Not really, he could be falling at the speed of light and would only need to be the size of a car to accomplish the same feat

>King Thor

Oh shit, I remember that now. It was on my to read list, but I forgot the get around to it.

But yeah, I don't want to turn this into an autismo shit fest. I think once you get to the massive OP level's of King Thor, you're approaching the realm of power of characters like Adam Warlock and such. May as well just be another universe entirely for these characters in terms of how massively OP they are.

That's the thing though. Thor was depowered back to normal levels AND he was missing an arm and an eye when he killed Hulk and the Thing. Thor is far beyond Hulk when he's being serious.

kek, I don't know why I found this so funny

Is that the sentry btfo of hulk?

You forget the fact that comic powerlevels are only determined by whose writing that particular story at the time.

Voids fascinate me

I must admit I haven't read the English version, so I don't know what the exact words are used there, but I really didn't get that image when I read it the last time.

>Angband is incredibly deep with innumerable mines, makes sense since thangorodrim was a result of its excavation.

How the fuck is he supposed to even emerge from the ground?

>Are you suggesting they were simply cylindrical towers cos that's retarded

No, I was suggesting that a comparison with something that has no specified height and no scale to judge it by (dizzying heights can mean a lot, and can certainly be less than fucking Everest). I don't know how you read that from my post though.

>And? What special stuff are mountains made off?

I mean that the towers were made from gravel and dirt from the excavations. They were not solid rock. I would certainly believe that to be easier to break than a "regular" mountain.

Not that it really matters. I can agree that he was probably pretty fucking big, just that his size was exaggerated in the tales like a lot of things tend to be. You do agree that Glaurund is quite obviously wrong though?

how did that big dragon die

Maybe, but it's not simply magic in Lord of the Rings. It's not the retarded Harry Potter magic of "I wave a wand and things happen, don't know why, no explanation of its source or mechanism, it's literally as easy as waving a wand the right way".
Lord of the Rings magic is based on the Gods, the whole point is that their power is unfathomable to mortals. They exist on a higher plain and have powers that defy imaginiation. They aren't bound by the rules of the world.
The Lord of the Rings books and associated works are literally intended to be a spiritual mythology to reflect our own.

There still some consistency, though. Hulk and Captain America are never going to be on the same level.

In age of Ultron, Tony's vision (which Thor confirms as magical visions of a possible future, not just halucinations) shows Hulk dead from Chitauri spears.

Movie Hulk is weak as fuck. Essentially he's been beaten by:

Abomination (hulk later backstabbed him)
Thor (in Avengers)
Kurse (transitive property since Kurse beat Thor)
Iron Man (Hulkbuster)
Chitauri (Alternate future)

Not to mention Scarlett Witches telepathy, which Tolkien dragons also have to some degree.

>How the fuck is he supposed to even emerge from the ground?
It's never told. Dragons don't need to be mobile underground and can lie dormant for centuries

>No, I was suggesting that a comparison with something that has no specified height and no scale to judge it by

The height was scaled from Tolkien notes and drawing and we're published in the middle earth atlas which were canonised by Chris Tolkien.

Mountains aren't solid rock and they are comprised of the same material thangorodrim would have been made of.

Yeah glaurung is all fucked

The void existed before Eru even began writing his three part rock opera. When they all got together and performed the Ainulindale they watched the whole thing from the creation to the battle of dagor dagorath. When Eru sent them into middle earth they found themselves at the beginning of creation. Basically they existed in a time and space outside of our own reality from the frame of reference of someone created in middle earth.

The void is populated by other beings that basically willed themselves into creation and snuck in to arda. This is where shit like ungoliant came from, and other horrors gandalf encountered and refused to talk about when he was chasing the balrog into the basement of the world in moria.

Tom bombadil was one of those lovecraftian monstrosities

There is no consistency in comics you twat.

All this, and people somehow still honestly believe we're alone in the universe

Fermi's paradox.

Yes, there is. Juggernaut is always more powerful than Spider-man no matter who's writing.

Did you not hear him? He's the juggernaut, bitch.

Are you sure theyre visions of possible future instead of showing them their worst fear and insecurities??

You don't know how the Hulk got that way in the vision.

He may have fought others and the chitauri spear ended it.

If we're seriously being realistic, either Doctor Strange would do something, they would go find the Infinity Gauntlet, or all just die. I dont see anything else happening. Thor could hurt him maybe if he wasn't so weakened for the movies.

Not many people got this, but I did, bud.

God damn Smaug is literally a fly compared to Ancalagon, and humans are fucking nothing, we're absolutely fucking nothing to it.

Only some deity tier being could survive Ancalagon, or someone or something that doesn't need to exist in the physical realm.

I don't fucking know really.

Mary Stu right there.

>Blonde hair
>Blue eyes

Nevermind.

Are they planning to introduce Squirrel Girl anytime soon?

For you.

Did Tolkien create Ancalagon before biology was invented? Something like that would need to eat every living thing on earth twice, just to live for a day.

Except it neglects to address it's own variable -- time.
Just because we haven't been visited in the short span of humanity doesn't mean the planet hasn't been visited before.

Dragons don't need to eat

>Did Tolkien create magic before chemistry was invented? Making fire out of nothing would require reagents, it can't just appear out of thin air.

Existence of alien life should have been apparent by waste produced. So why have we not been able to detect any existence other than our own

Martin pls...

Aliens carved the grand canyon dude. Proof of alien life is self-evident, you just refuse to accept the light of Annunaki into your heart.

>Existence of alien life should have been apparent by waste produced.

>aliens would be just as wasteful as humans are right now just past the height of capitalism

the fuck is this "nothing ever will be or can be different' bullshit?

I'm not talking about bio waste alone

dragon's are physical manifestations of the levels of magic present in the world and serve the function of burning off said magic to sustain their existence until they eventually burn out

I didn't say you were.

Why on earth would any faggot race worry about being economical with air waves

hook i shot wit aro he di

So to sum up, we've had vs shitposting, capeshit, lotr lore, ancalagon posting and off topic discussions.

Pretty good thread imo

still waiting on the lad to dump his ancalagon images

Not in the MCU phaggot

>Now that the dust has settled
>who will play him in the inevitable biopic
>reddit
>cuck
>you’re a big guy
>for you
>it ain’t me starts playing
>JUST
>KINO
>What did he mean by this
>D R O P P E D
>Finally, after all these years, i have become
>What’s his endgame
>apologize
>It’s a.. episode
>Mom’s gonna freak
>GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE
>What went wrong
>What was his fucking problem
>dumb frog poster
>What’s next for his/her career
>We want the… audience
>BANE?
>Really makes you think
>Luke did I ever tell you… he was a good friend
>How did Raimi get away with this?
>B R A V O
>Classic Dano
>What’s his name again?
>It’s not a… it’s a movie/film/cinema/flick
>Just watched this, what do I think of it?
>P O T T E R Y
>What were they thinking?
>Me on the left
>capeshit
>Capeshit brand wars
>Shitty Show General
>nu-male
>Movies women will never understand
>wtf I hate… now
>WE WUZ
>Laughing Evans
>DUDE LMAO
>*Record scratch*
>Is he our guy?
>How do you want ur… senpai

Fucking autist

It's kinda like Tolkien's version of Christianity's Battle in the Heavens, so everything is of appropriately epic proportions.

This is just bullshit though.

Mister immortal is the only one who outlives everything.

There is nothing "logically speaking" about the Hulk, because he can't logically get much angrier. WWH was already the most angry he could logically become about anything, and even then the circumstances were absurdly convoluted.

Those circumstances don't exist in the MCU anyways, he doesn't have a wife and baby, and so on. Even then I wouldn't be a clear cut fight. He'd never reach anything close to WBH levels without Umar and the Dark Dimension anyways, so that's a moot point.

Movie Hulk has never reached levels anywhere near that and there's no reason to assume he's capable of becoming a million times stronger than we've seen.

What did he mean by this?

I think this robot is broken.

I think those dialogue clouds are in the wrong spot.

Its not about being economical, its about how they're fucking useless for just about everything. Then even if there was some developing alien race broadcasting analogue radio signals at some point in the past that's perceptible to us, they'd be indistinguishable from background noise.

underrated