Name one legitimately scary movie. You can't do it. You know why?

Name one legitimately scary movie. You can't do it. You know why?

A movie can't be scary.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown:_The_Life_and_Death_of_Peoples_Temple
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Signs

protip: to make any horror movie scary, just add weed.

Inland Empire

babadook

I don't believe in this attitude that so many younger people adopt, in order to be tough-guys. Movies can be genuinely scary, but it's a mood-personal temperament thing.

It's all subjective. The only things I find scary are things that actually happened and don't revolve around the paranormal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown:_The_Life_and_Death_of_Peoples_Temple

The video of my birth

Fuck yeah, I love documentaries about Cults. I just saw Holy Hell the other day; it was interesting enough, but it didn't end the way I thought it would.

The guy just fucked a bunch of dudes (all adults). They made it out like he killed some people

>He hasn't seen The Grifter

Come back to us when you've actually watched some horror films, user.

Begotten?

Any movie that can accurately portray a phobia of mine i can consider scary.

Buried did a great job triggering my claustrophobia, so i consider that scary

nigga u aint watchin charlie kaufman
report back when u have
ill be waiting

The Hunt

Idiocracy, lol.

the babadook

Thats not a movie but a doco

Signs is the only movie that "scared" me, but of course movies can be so thrilling and dramatic that they cause anxiety or nervousness. if theyre really good.

I dont get scared of horror movies anymore since i grew up on them but I have a phobia of oceans, boats and large structures so titanic gives me a real sense of panic.

Event Horizon

Sleepaway camp

Dear White People

Eden lake while your high is so fucked.

The Exorcist

jaws?

Seriously man, first time watching that it really freaked me out. And I was like 21. Just a really good, subtle, creepy movie. Tricks you into thinking it's a regular lame 80s slasher but throws in all this weird shit eventually culminating in the most genuinely disturbing moment of the 1980s

boo

Hillary's America
(The scary thing is, there are people out there who actually believe in all that crap)

idle hands?

what is this?

not really, too unrealistic

nice post

What is and isn't "scary" is a totally subjective thing, however we are living in an over-stimulated and over-satuated times where we are all now nothing but consumers who have been desensitized to violence. Not just movie violence but in video games and also in real life. We live in a world where prank falls aren't funny anymore unless someone is turned into mince meat. Human atrocities are fed right into every home 24/7 through the internet and tv news channels. So in the face of this how can a single movie be scary, when the real world has taught us all to shrug our shoulders at horror and death.

original texas chainsaw massacre, exorcist 3, saving private ryan

what about open water?