Defend this

Defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jfEcVC90Arg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It wasn't bad

it was bad

If you hate to enjoy fun flicks, then this isn't for you.

rogue one will be even shittier

It was definitely better than being drawn and quartered

They tried to push the interracial love interest but the Rey actress was too autistic for it to work

Adam Driver was convincing.

I still don't understand how Rey stumbled across Lukes light saber

Done.

it's the best nostalgia movie of the recent crop of nostalgia movies (Star Trek, Super 8, Jurassic World, Ghostbusters, etc.)

>can't even keep a straight face

5 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 2

> Defend this.

YOUR HONOR THE DEFENSE WILL PROVE THAT THIS MOVIE DID NOT ROB THAT CONVENIENCE STORE

It was good aside from Starkiller making absolutely zero fucking sense even in the Star Wars universe.

Why is Abrams allergic to things making sense/

I cant

I'm not really sure why someone would purposefully go into a movie "hating" on it. I gave this flick a fair shot, and was desperately wanting it to be good. It was fun, you're right, but not the good fun, it was more of a try-hard, cringey sort of fun.
3/10

>Adam Driver was convincing.
Shame his character was a massive edgelord.

Why tho? I thought it was thouroughly enjoyable.

Except for the fucking Starkiller base! Holy shit it was so poorly thought out! It could have made so much more sense if they had actually spent one minute thinking about it!

So what you're saying is the Starkiller was the only thing in this movie that didn't make sense?

Yes. Starkiller was the worst offender by FAR.

But that's how it was supposed to be portrayed. I think he did a great job and really fits his character.

Good special effects
Good bad guy
Oscar Isaac and the black guy have some great dialogue in the beginning

If you remove Rey & the Starkiller then it's a pretty good movie.

>Defending something that needs do defend
It was a good movie. It was not perfect, but it was good. Get over it.

If good means ending any interest I might have had in future Star Wars releases, then yeah, man, it was great!

no

5 = 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 2 = 1

If your interest survived the prequels and not TFA you had some kind of outside agenda that influenced your decisions, like "a bloo bloo bloo muh feminism ess jay double yous" or "muh disney jewz"

People like (you) saw TFA at least three times, and will see any next SW movie at least same number of times.

You do know the slight smile at 0:14 is intentional, right?

Yes. It was me. I was the author of all your pain. Now, go back to your "Breasts" and "Chair" wiki article, Wookiepedeianne.

The previews looked awesome - except for Adam Driver, who looked like an idiot.

Mostly I hated that the Rebels were still... rebels. In ep. 6 they WON. They should be on 'New Croissant' ruling the galaxy now - or at least explain why they aren't.

I agree that Starkiller base was idiotic. How can the remnants of the Empire build something so much more powerful than what the Empire at its height could do? With the whole galaxy knowing how horrible Death Stars are, the shopping list alone should have attracted New Croissant's military.

everyone agrees that the prequels as a whole are better right?

I'd say yes.

I'd say no.

>you had some kind of outside agenda that influenced your decisions, like "a bloo bloo bloo muh feminism ess jay double yous" or "muh disney jewz"

I don't need an agenda to recognize inferior world building.

I'm in the same position as that guy. I don't hate women or black people but Rey and Finns characters were complete garbage. Luke hiding while the galaxy goes to shit was a betrayal of the character and where were the star wars aliens? I did go to see it twice because I thought I must have been too tired or something the first time but I'll never pay to see another disney star wars movie.

BB8 is the only good part of the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=jfEcVC90Arg

Seven is about as good as Two.

droid please

Attack of the clones has more imagination in any 5 minute section than anything in tfa.

6 > 5 > 4 > 7 > 1 > 3 >> 2

The prequels actually tried to be different and take the series in a new direction. They should be respected for that alone.

TFA might as well have been produced on an assembly line in China. It's fucked when a company can spend more time investing in social justice and cultural appeals than in actually innovating their product.

JJ Abrams is retarded, the movie isn't bad for a retard. It's no Knife in Water, but it is still an okay retarded director flick.