ITT: Things that scared the shit out of you as a kid

ITT: Things that scared the shit out of you as a kid

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhZFN045MM
youtube.com/watch?v=YgGLLdQEcvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I could never watch this whole movie as a kid

Holy shit that part was fucking unsettling for little me.

It was a great movie though. They really don't make them like they used to.

Is that that Scooby-Doo Zombie flick?

The one where they went down to Louisiana and almost got sacrificed by werecats.

The X-Files. Like, all of it.

Starship troopers

The first resident evil movie

No one ever expects the werecat cult. Classic.

Kill yourself faggot

You guys never watched Moomin?

CUZ IT'S TERRRROOORRR TIME AGAIN

AND YOU MIGHT JUST DIE OF FRIGHT

The X-Files episode where the guy can cram into small spaces.

Also, everything from Tales from the Crypt. It aired right after Star Trek where I lived I'd guess around 93 or 94 and I'd have to run to the TV after watching Star Trek with him to turn it off before Tales started.

Oh hell yeah, these little dickheads scared me good.

;_;

I fucking hated this episode, all the torture that Squidward went through and then Spongebob getting his body fucked up internally.

Yes, it was simply terrifying.

NO

>tfw used to get scared by the early episodes of Supernatural as a child when it still had some slight horror merits, especially that Wendigo episode and the episode with the miracle worker where Dean is being chased around by death
>stopped being scared of them by the age of at least 10 or 11
>hear fully grown adults here and there say they find the show [IN ITS CURRENT STATE] scary

Fucking... how?

>my fucking dad made me watch The Animatrix when I was 8 years old
>the scene where the robot lady is getting stripped and gang banged and she screams "I'M REAL!" before getting her head blown off
>the scene where the dude in the mech gets pulled out by his torso while his limbs are still suck in the machine and he's screaming "Oh god please, God help me oh my God please help me!"
>The scene where the robots are operating and dissecting all of the human soldiers they captured
I have nightmares about The Animatrix to this very day. Fuck you dad.

Your dad is patrician, too bad he raised a pleb

Alice In Wonderland. All versions of it. Not sure why.

Mars Attacks made me cry. The part where I think Pierce Bresnan is reaching out to a woman and she gets vaporised only leaving the stump of an arm in his hand.

Austin Powers also made me cry. The part where the guy gets eaten by the frickin laser beam sharks.

Also that scene in Final Destination where the teacher is murdered in her kitchen made me cry as well.

What can I say, I was a sensitive kid who got bullied and shamed for it relentlessly. Now I can't cry at all.

>Now I can't cry at all.

Thank god the last thing this thread needed was your goddamn tears

BREAK ITS LEGS

Still need to check out Squeeze.

Who opened the window?!

Why does no one ever talk about being disturbed as a kid when the robot rips the guy's face open close up? That bothered me way more than anything else in the Animatrix back then. It's always the guy getting torn out of the mech meme that people talk about.

large marge.png

my grandmother let me watch hellraiser and all that shit but that one motherfucked me

Not every thing is a meme you stupid faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhZFN045MM

Ok yes you're right, but seriously, why does no one ever talk about that robot ripping the guy's head open? How is that not disturbing for a young person to watch?

I like the movie but I wouldn't show it to an 8 year old
Add that to the list too. The guy getting ripped out of the mech stuck with me the most because of the voice acting and how long the scene is. The dude getting his face smashed open is a pretty quick scene.

Honestly user you sound like a bit of a bitch. My dad showed me stuff like robocop, terminator 2 and predator when I was 5 or 6. It didn't fuck me up.

Terminator 2 and Predator don't have anything close to Animatrix. I'll give you Robocop though, if I had seen that guy drive into the acid tanker and melt away as a kid I would probably have nightmares about that too. I don't see how that makes me a bitch, that's pretty normal. To me, you sound like a sociopath.

Fuck yes this. Especially in the episodes with lots of secondary characters that just get killed of left and right

This and the Witches Ghost were the only Scooby Doo movies to be animated by a Japanese studio. Probably why they're the only good ones

I wasn't fucked up by the Animatrix. It just surprises me how no one ever mentions that scene. If I was ever fucked up it would be because of the internet, not any movies.

The Tales from the Darkside intro always spooked me

The Scary Tunnel.

>Check thread
>both things from Moomins are already there

I shit you not, my parents and brother started to call me The Groke to help me handle the fear.

the call me that to this day (I'm 26)

I don't know but I think 8 years old is too old to be getting upset by cartoons

Maybe you're right user. I have been thinking about killing myself a lot lately.

Nothing ever disturbed me outside of that Sleepy Hollow scene where the boy's mother is in that sarcophagus and he opens it and rivers of blood come gushing out although I didn't get nightmares it was just unsettling.

>Raiders of the Lost Ark
Ghost scene

>Temple of Doom
Heart removal scene

>Last Crusade
Decaying corpse

Did Spielberg have fun scaring kids?

That entire episode freaked me out. When Homer is walking in the woods and then that horror violin music plays (I never saw Psycho then so I didn't understand the film reference and rather was just so unsettled with how the music sounded)

The X-Files music as well creeped me out in that episode (again I had never watched X-Files at that time).

Silver Bullet used to fuck me up, especially because my mom snuck up on me and my friends the first time we were watching it, alone in the dark, and she had a werewolf mask on and scared us. I guess I would have been like 7 or 8? Geez, that got me worse than anything else I've ever been scared by. Still think werewolves are the creepiest monster to this day, have an irrational fear of rounding a corner in my house and seeing one from Dog Soldiers standing there or something

This episode of Teletubbies

This movie freaked me the fuck out when I saw it as a kid although upon rewatching it, it's not as scary as the stop motion practicals was back in the day.

I had no trouble with the rest of the movie, but this little fuck gave me nightmares for weeks.

Peter Jackson's greatest masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=YgGLLdQEcvA

the Mummy fucked me up as a kid. Gad nightmares for weeks about the scene where the guy loses his glasses.
Also that scene where Voldemort's face appears in that guy's head in The Philosopher's Stone stuck with me for far too long.

This shit is my earliest memory. Turned me into a pussy for my entire childhood and youth.

>It didn't fuck me up.
You say that while posting on an animated Peruvian soap opera website.

If we're talking movies I couldn't watch this movie with eyes open

it was so fucking scary when I was like 7 or 8

Fun fact: Did you know that both "this" and "shit" contain the exact same letters, only in different orders?

>Gad nightmares for weeks about the scene where the guy loses his glasses.
Yeah same here that scene was very creepy.

Yes I know Mummy Return's CGI had some poor moments but I think for 1999 the CGI in the Mummy was very based.

What's wrong with posting here user?

I always though this scene in particular was hilarious, when he eats the scarab.Then moment later with the cade.

The CG mummies were terrifying though,

The witch makeup in this didn't scare me but the story about the little girl in the painting did.

Yeah he east the scarab as a snack while walking off as the camera pans down to show the demented corpse of the guy he just killed.

What year were you born user?

Mah nigga

You're a fucking coward buddy

This is Courage the Cowardly Dog, right? I was scared shitless too. I think it was the cheap CGI.

desu the only thing that scared me from the mummy was those four black skeleton soldiers near the end

>I think it was the cheap CGI.
It wasn't typical animation that they used in the nightmare scenes but rather as you said; CGI which stood out from the other animation and just made it so bizarre looking.

>Literally: David Lynch: the show

>Sarcophagus

That's an iron maiden

I tuned in during middle of that X-Files and Cops episode and thought it was real

>Mars Attacks made me cry. The part where I think Pierce Bresnan is reaching out to a woman and she gets vaporised only leaving the stump of an arm in his hand

Oh yeah. Even the head on the chihuahua was jarring. Seeing those ugly brained aliens was fucking terrifying for me.

The lion never scared me, but the bear scared the ever-loving shit out of me. It didn't help that when that episode played we were renovating our bathroom and my Dad used to growl it down the pipes.

I never want to see Animatrix again

chucky the doll

>Wizard of Oz
>Wicked Witch plotting to get Dorothy
>Stands behind the hour glass
>Laughs into it as her face is enlarged
I used to cry. They did the same thing in a Scooby Doo episode and it freaked me out as bad.

Also that scene in Osmosis Jones where the two workers were taken out by the Virus. The guy trapped in his own tank unable to move and the other one gutted and flushed made me want to throw up and cry.