Fell out with his writing partner and friend

>Fell out with his writing partner and friend
>Fell out with his best mate and the guy who made him laugh the most
>All of his recent projects have bombed or been panned by critics and public or at least fallen into mediocrity territory
>In order to stay relevant, he had to desperately resurrect his most famous character for a movie that also bombed
>He now occupies his time doing this youtube.com/watch?v=zem24JqxFjs

Has Ricky lost his mind?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OKY6BGcx37k
youtube.com/watch?v=LljWm8umGIE
youtube.com/watch?v=0-kulDq2-3s)
twitter.com/TheCrystalMaze/status/781612772337524740
youtu.be/KxYDcuYwH6o?t=431
youtube.com/watch?v=86ByUwUgq94
youtu.be/iPnJ2tR2h_M
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheist?show=0&t=1382390871
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
commonsenseatheism.com/?p=6487
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's what bitter atheism does to you

He's filthy fucking rich. I think he still craves the fame but it really doesnt matter at this point.

I just want them 3 to give us a few more seasons of podcasts for the good old times.

If Ricky's desperation leads to that, im all for it.

Was the Brent movie really that bad?

You have to question whether he was funny at all and whether the Office was just a uniquely shot show that appealed to normies who worked in boring offices.

It wasn't very brilliant or anything and nothing he did before or after was that great.

YA 'AVIN A LAUGH?!

Was just about to post this.

I was around when Gervais was on the 11 o clock show way back in teh 90s and I called it even THEN - he isn't that good. Even then he was hot or miss and this was before he had even an ounce of self-deprecation. When The Office aired I called it again saying that I was skeptical he had the talent and would be curious to see how he fared without Merchant.

Have a look at that youtube video with himself, Seinfield, Chris Rock and Louis CK. They all clearly had done the stand up circuit for YEARS honing and refining the craft and having the humility to know when stuff simply didn't work. Gervais doesn't have that ability at all and it's some of the most painful viewing as he tries to join in constantly and they are just being as polite as they can be when its clear he has no idea what he's talking about.

He's fallen out with Steve and Karl?

Any evidence, or are we making assumptions based on lack of working together?

He can do a show with Opie now.

>Fell out with his writing partner and friend
>Fell out with his best mate and the guy who made him laugh the most

What happened? I haven't been following shit.

He doing a new stand up soon, maybe hes been spending time writing it or something.

Hes never been THAT relevant anyway and the only thing people will remember will be the office and an idiot abroad

That poor, poor man. He has nothing to live for, other than the hundreds of millions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of adoring fans. Glad I'm not that guy.

Extras was pretty good. That bit with Patrick Stewart may be the funniest thing he's ever done.

the way he harasses the cat is like how he harasses his "friends", glad it scratched him tbqh

Yeah i think Extras is his magnum dong and has rewatch value. The office was unique in it's time and good the first time you watch it, but ive never felt the urge to rewatch. I did like the stand up shows he did too actually. That's about it. The xfm stuff doesn't count because its all spontaneous and only funny because of Karl.

wish he would get steve and karl back and just do podcasts until they die. i miss them.

Word has it he has an enormous schlong. As in, "why did you choose comedy instead of fucking extremely-loose bimbos with your freakishly-large schlong?" schlong.

Word also has it that he fell out with Stephen Merchant, because Stephen's girlfriend Hayley Atwell wanted to see Ricky's enormous schlong, and ended up letting him fuck her.

i'm glad this guy's self-absorbed abrasiveness and egotism has finally caught up with him

though this is Cred Forums so your post is probably completely wrong

Agreed. Extras is undeniably great.

Derek is shit apart from a select few scenes, mostly poop humor and that outtake of Kev pretend-fucking the fatty in their trailer.

You should rewatch The Office. I did these past few weeks and it still is absolutely brilliant

Has Ricky ever done anything good without Stephen? The Office, Extras, An Idiot Abroad, Life's Too Short and Cemetery Junction were all with Stephen.

>>Fell out with his writing partner and friend
>>Fell out with his best mate and the guy who made him laugh the most

I don't think this is true user

Stephen is less funny than Ricky on his own.

Well has Stephen ever done anything good on his own?

That US sitcom is fucking shit.

Hello Ladies was great.

I don't disagree, but I think it might be a situation where neither can do it all by themselves, but they're really good together.

Show me proof that they're still talking to each other.

it is a rerun of his stand up, and the stand up is shit

show me proof they aren't

fell out with steve and karl? what? explain this shit.

As much as they made better comedy as a duo, Stephen's prob doing a lot better away from him

Ricky, from all I've seen of him, is one of those friends who always talks over you and slows down your development as a person

I say that as someone who likes his work

>only funny because of Karl
Whilst I do find Karl very funny, for me some of the funniest parts of the XFM shows are Ricky and Steve randomly riffing off each other in funny little exchanges.
Steve's anecdotes are always a treat too.

came here to post this

Why did he fall out with merchant anyway?

Give source faggot.

fucking answer us faggot

i cant believe this guy is so washed up he has an active youtube channel with dozens of videos of him alone in his apartment getting bitten by a cat that hates his guts. is... is he gonna be ok? where are his friends? family? why is his apartment so lonely? why does his cat maul him? why does he frequently make and upload these videos?

It's not true. They are just working on separate projects.

>Have a look at that youtube video with himself, Seinfield, Chris Rock and Louis CK. They all clearly had done the stand up circuit for YEARS honing and refining the craft and having the humility to know when stuff simply didn't work. Gervais doesn't have that ability at all and it's some of the most painful viewing as he tries to join in constantly and they are just being as polite as they can be when its clear he has no idea what he's talking about.

THIS, I like the bloke but he's a fucking fish out of water in this video, the worse part is he organised it and thought he was on par with these comedic greats

youtube.com/watch?v=OKY6BGcx37k

That dude has been telling the same jokes for 10 years.

What, that sounds awful.

This makes me sad. He just wanted to be one of the boys but couldn't make it. Now he gets bitten by cats for 50 views on youtube.

desu, Seinfeld is the least funny guy in that room

Kinda just seems like he is picking their comedy brains, he isn't trying to keep up. How else can you get 3 comedy greats in a room and just talk with them for an hour?

Have you seen his Garry Shandling interview? It's a goldmine of IRL cringe.

youtube.com/watch?v=LljWm8umGIE

well Merchant was the brains of the operation

This was pretty decent

watching an episode took me an hour on average because I had to hit pause and walk off the cringe every other scene

wathign an ep took me an hour

a face made for bashing in with a shovel

Nothing has been said in public about their relationship apart from Steve saying they are now just doing their own thing and taking a break (youtube.com/watch?v=0-kulDq2-3s)

I think after the failure of Life's Too Short and Cemetary Junction, compared to Extras and The Office, they decided their partnership wasnt working as well as it used to so they are on hiatus.

Right now I am listening to the xfm shows again and it's clear to me that Ricky and Karl had a special relationship and Steve was sort of left out. Ricky also had a special relationship with celebrities like Jonathan Ross and left Steve out of that. Ricky is just too self absorbed

this show was trash. because i like the guy i gave it time and watched alot of it. its prety shit. so retarded its not funny alot of the time.

atheism doesnt make you bitter mate, thats rather ignorant

source on all the fall outs?

How is Jonathan Ross? All right?

hmmmm

It's pretty clear he's more a mediator between all of them and only joking around a little bit compared to the others. I mean if you're gonna criticize someone at least make sure it's legit.

Good
I hate that smarmy faggot

IS 'E 'AVIN' A LAUGH?

There were a few times when they kind of just stared at him, like when he tried to bring it back to sitting on a cock cause I'm gay. Or Chris Rock being pretty cold blooded about The Office.

The running joke of Sitting on a cock cause I'm gay was 10/10 though

This was pretty upsetting to watch because of how they treat Ricky. I'm not really a big Ricky fan but jesus christ, Chris Rock clearly has no respect for Gervais and it's so obvious that it's painful. Ricky brings up plenty of valid points and Rock and Seinfeld just stomp all over him.

>4mil views on Learning English ft Karl Part 1
>never does a Part 2

?

Presumably because Karl wised up - and became fed up - with his self-absorbed parasitic horseshit a la Robin Ince et al
> pic related; Me In Honey

It's fun seeing them all trying to wrap their heads around Seinfeld's massive success without every joke needing the word "fuck" though.
Would be interesting to see Seinfeld do a nigger bit.

New to atheism are you? went through 10 years of Atheism and if you have more than one brain cell you'll begin to realise that Nihilism is the only logical ism that can come from it. Nihilism is shitty on you and everyone around you. Decided to become a Druid 5 years ago and life has never been better.

It's pretty much that they haven't worked together on anything for a while and their separate work was shit (you think Gervais would want to after Derek's failure) and there's no indication they even "might"

Karl doesn't want to do more TV so it's unlikely we'll ever get the three back together and anything though and without Karl, Merchant/Gervias really aren't that funny.

>comedy greats
They're all shit

steve is hosting the crystal maze: charity special

twitter.com/TheCrystalMaze/status/781612772337524740

>Bored fucking retard is a dick to his cat

this is a 10/10 in the UK

youtu.be/KxYDcuYwH6o?t=431
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Don't treat atheism as a religion and you'll be fine

They had one interesting TV show idea with Karl and did it in the worst fucking way possible.

An Idiot Abroad could have been great if they slowed it down and dedicated more time to each country.

>Don't treat a religion as a religion!

oy m8

me in the middle

>analyzing someone this hard based purely on your own dislike

Come on son.

Why do you question that, especially since you don't think it was 'very brilliant or anything'?

The Office is an amazing show for way more than how it was shot. Its thematically airtight in the way it was designed around the office environment. If anything, The Office was too brilliant since Ricky has only gone downhill since then.

extras was good

It replicated the same character arc (for Gervais) of self realisation, and attrition, that The Office employed much more effectively
The stunt casting was a limited gimmick which decreases in relevance as time ticks forwards

I thought Extras was really funny, but the Invention of Lying was so shitty that I never bothered with Ricky after that.

He was only good when working with Steve.

Ricky's tv shows: amazing to mediocre
Ricky's films: all shit

Cemetery Junction was alright

Links to Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington disassociating themselves with Ricky?

No, Jerry Seinfeld is by far the weak link here. Also, Chris Rock is hardly sacrosanct. It's fucking Chris Rock.

People might give a fuck about your opinion if you mastered basic punctuation and spelling.

You can really sense Garry Shandling's disdain for that lowly goyim

>not watching things in hourly five minute instalments

I'm glad. I can't stand the cunt.

Is he wearing a bald cap or did he legitimately shave his head for a one-off charity special?

>multi millionaire comedian and actor
>now spends his days tweeting about atheism and posting cat videos on youtube that struggle to get a couple hundred views

Jesus Christ I hope these Facebook videos get more viewers when he streams live because that is just tragic.

I am sure his head was already shaved for his role in wolverine 3, there is a video of him shaving it off on his instagram

Ricky plz..

He was wearing a cap on Norm's show, I think to hide the balding
Look back at his appearance on the ITV breakfast show fairly recently; there was some crafty combing going on to disguise his rapidly receding hairline

The fact that still talk about each other but they don't talk about him unless asked.

Is Steve the first celebrity to re-JUST himself?

The change from his youth is astounding.

No, ive never believed in god and i'm perfectly happy

He's teetered on the precipice of JUST since birth
>that anecdote where Lucy Davis pushes his glasses up and they stick against his boggly eyes

I'm a rogue-wizard multiclass and i'm doing ok

>"Not religious" is a religion
Not this shit again m8

Nah, that guy has it right. I used to be a paladin but I switched to full time cleric mode and life's never been better.

youtube.com/watch?v=86ByUwUgq94

son of a bitch

What do you think, lads?

Maximum tip

Aright, Steve...

..elsctro-shock is 5mins...

Only someone retarded enough to think Gervais was some kind of great thinker of our times would be retarded enough to actually get a tattoo of him next to Dawkins

>Only someone retarded enough would be retarded enough

oh user..

why?

Thou shalt not have gods before me

I know what I typed faggot and I stand by it.

>you have ten seconds to think of TWO FAMOUS ATHEISTS
>dawkins, richard dawkins
>...and?
>argh i dunno erm
>five seconds left
>ARGH errr RICKY GERVAIS!
>that's two! you did it! ready for the tattoo?
>sure am!
>*one massive tattoo later*
>now let's look at the famous atheists you COULD'VE gone with...

I wonder about this sometimes, I think he has the ability to make amazing things but hollywood has kind of ruined him.
The office was a great show. It may not seem like it now but that would be because of how many other shows copied it. There are so many things that are in the office that modern comedies copy it's just mundane now. Obviously they perfected and popularized the mockumentary style but also the cringe humor really started with the office. Even if you don't like the office you have to give credit where it's due

why do people get other peoples faces tattooed on themselves? kids, wife, yeah i can sorta understand. but famous strangers? fuck, its so weird.

Stephen Merchant is quite obviously the writing talent

People being weird with their pets makes me reconsider my anti-natalism. I love my doggo but if I start treating it like a child like this faggot does with his cat, I hope I die in my sleep soon after.

This was pure cringe kino but I can't believe it got commissioned in the US

Which is better UK Office or USA version?
And why do americunts need to remake a series entirely not to suffer hearing brit accents?

I prefer hedonism tbhfam

US version, and there are like 15 different versions of The Office made in different countries, take the broomstick out of your ass biatch

Idiot Abroad was great until they brought in the fucking midget. God, what an insufferable ass.

REEE that little faggot was so annoying. Was offended by everything, a party pooper, etc

US Version is dreadful. UK version is the true version

Ruined the entire thing. Not even a based midget like Dinklage just a moaning faggot.

if only he'd write that well for his solo Comedy, jesus

He was such a snidey little brat.

Atheism does make you extremely bitter. If you're some teenage atheist you're in for a terrible ride.

Thanks senpai that clears it up.

>their greatest achievement was running a literally what radio show for a literally who radio station during the dead hours of a Saturday

I'd be bitter too.

Yea but he probably went in expecting to talk business and instead got Chris Rock trying his damnedest to be insightful and the wonder twins in the corner cackling at dick jokes.

Atheism frees you from constant spiritual crises as well as giving you a good bit of spare time that you can use for the better.

Why are religiousfags always so insecure about their shit?

US version if you want a bunch of people shouting.
UK version if you want decent humour.

>pretending to know whether there's a god or not

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Why does Atheism give you spare time?

>atheism frees you from constant spiritual crises
No it doesn't. It can, but so can theism.

This post could be applied to anything that is found in both the UK and the USA.

Theism is the main cause of it, you can't possibly avoid it unless you're a brainwashed fanatic and very sheltered, and even then it's always behind the corner.

Spare time on Sundays.

This is what atheism does to people.

you're the one replying

lol you got any more webms like that? it looks like some people are taking that whole fighting thing more seriously than others

Who's Line is it Anyway is the anomaly for me at least

I also want more HEMA webms from . Makes me want to go play Chivalry again.

this is maximum autism

haha lol.

I always thought Merchant was a tool and a a hack

Not battle of nations fighting, but still has swords.

Iain Lee?

>atheism doesnt make you bitter mate, thats rather ignorant

I didn't lol, but I did grin. It certainly makes most people bitter. Plus, bitter people tend to become atheists. Either way, you end up with a shitload of bitter atheism. And they try to fool themselves into thinking they aren't miserable by trying to make everyone else as miserable as they are.

>and if you have more than one brain cell you'll begin to realise that Nihilism is the only logical ism that can come from it. Nihilism is shitty on you and everyone around you.
True, but Nihilism might not be the dead end that we fear it is. I see two possible ways out.

1. Absurdism.

2. Since you can never be 100% that life has no purpose of meaning, there BECOMES meaning: to search for it.
Think about it- half of the existential angst that comes from nihilism is that nothing you do, no choice you make, is logical. Therefore, everything you do or don't do is illogical. However, if your life goal is to SEARCH for a point, then your actions ARE logical.

I wouldn't say he's completely talentless, but I would wholeheartedly agree he's a one hit wonder that subsequently got propped up by surrounding himself with much more talented people. And yeah, that video is really cool as a whole but Ricky does look just pathetic by comparison. When Seinfeld and Louie start debating about the merits of reusing material versus always coming up with new stuff they make great cases for either side and you can tell they approach it as craftsmen who disagree but respect one another, then Gervais chimes in and Seinfeld barely escapes from just dismissing him.

I mean isn't Karl literally just some random guy Ricky knew, not an actor or comedian at all, just a natural born weirdo that Ricky had a past relationship with? Would make sense that they would stay in touch.

I think it's more a case of people who are cynical/analytical rather than bitter become atheists. You make it sound like people stop believing in God out of spite rather than actually thinking about it which is pretty stupid

That's not hema it's botn

>botn
Oh wow, I could get into this. I'm guessing I would have to go to /asp/ to discuss this? That sucks.

We can discuss it on Cred Forums when it's on telly though, right? I bet a BOTN live thread on here would be a good laugh.

>I think it's more a case of people who are cynical/analytical rather than bitter become atheists. You make it sound like people stop believing in God out of spite rather than actually thinking about it

Of the atheists in my friends in family, almost every single one had their "analytical breakthrough" IMMEDIATELY following a negative life event. One after his dad died, another after his sister committees suicude, etc. The only exception I can think of my brother, who has always been, you guessed it, bitter.

Maybe you're right about the cynicism, but not being analytical. Atheists believe that "I KNOW God isn't real". That is faith. You did not arrive at that conclusion through scientific thought. God is not falsifiable.

"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."
-Carl Sagan

It airs live on youtube, sp and pol have threads up during the whole event
It's a once a year thing and russia wins every time followed by the other slavic countries

Thanks, I was hoping this would be the case. I assume that I have to wait until May for the next one. Gutted.

>Godless heathen ends up in metaphorical lake of fire

It's like poetry

Why do Americans insist on treating Atheism like a religion?

Gervais is fucking finished

This is what happens when you shit on both God and the Devil.

I bet women love to know your herb-lore level

>Christians are officially taking over Cred Forums

You don't have to be Christian to dislike atheists user.

Because it basically is, I guess. It requires you to believe in something despite having no proof.

>implying

Atheists are not a very liked ideogical by anyone except other atheists, and even some of them hate how ridiculous atheism to be becoming.

>It requires you not to believe in something you have no proof of.
Fixed for you, stop being a cunt.
Atheism is not becoming shit because it isn't a thing. People in america can be obnoxious sjw and call themselves atheists, it doesn't affect the lack of belief in divinities worldwide.

>People in america can be obnoxious sjw and call themselves atheists, it doesn't affect the lack of belief in divinities worldwide.

I agree with this. People seem to think that if you are athiest you must also believe in all the other bullshit that some other athiests believes. It's like me saying that evangelists represent all Christians. It's dumb but some people here believe this.

You're literally in denial. You "corrected" me for saying that atheists believe in something that have no proof in, even though it's true by definition. So you believe you have proof that God doesn't exist? THIS is why people treat it like a religion.

This is why everyone laughs when atheists act like their ideology makes them smart. To be fair, most aren't as delusional than you.

Lack of belief is not a belief, lack of proof is not proof, learn to read idiot.
If you weren't lying to yourself you would make the same statement about every fictional idea ever.
Your position is the laughable one, and only presented by american christian fundamentalists.

>I just want them 3 to give us a few more seasons of podcasts for the good old times.
you and me, both, bud

>The office was unique in it's time and good the first time you watch it, but ive never felt the urge to rewatch.
The office was really influential I think, too. I think it helped paved the way for the non-laugh track sitcoms, to an extent?
I know he in turn was influenced by This Is Spinal Tap, but bringing that feel to TV was really new, iirc.

I agree about Extras.

>For Honor pvp

his hosting gigs were good. his stand up isn't bad. there was that comics discussing comedy thing with Seinfeld, Louis CK and Chris Rock... I know none of that's the same. I think he and Stephen are better as a team than either alone, for sure. And like the others, this is true for Stephen. But Hello Ladies had it's moments.

>, it doesn't affect the lack of belief in divinities worldwide

except religious belief is on the increase worldwide.

>Would be interesting to see Seinfeld do a nigger bit.
yeah.

I give a lot of the credit for Seinfeld's success to Larry:
youtu.be/iPnJ2tR2h_M

I guess that means Carl Sagan is a Christian fundamentalist?

If you are making an assertion (which atheism is), you must be able to back it up. You can't.

You aren't simply saying "I don't have faith in God" (agnosticism), you're saying "I know God doesn't exist", which is something you can't know.

regardless of anything else, that artwork is damn good. I'll say that much.

That's not what the post meant (it's referring to the idea of scepticism being unaffected by anything people sharing the idea do).
And the reason religion is on the rise is 100% because of muslims breeding like dogs while the atheist first world countries are below replacement rate. If you actually look at the data atheism is still on the rise in the west, just dropping as a global percentage.

>If you are making an assertion (which atheism is)
There is no assertion made in "I lack a belief".

>Not being able to decide if gods could be real or not real
>wise

Agnosticism is a word literally made up to avoid the stigma of atheism.
If you don't believe in god you're an atheist no need to pussy out "I don't know if gods exist but i have no faith in them" is just a roundabout way of going at it, it won't keep you from being beheaded.

>2016
>not realizing atheism is a lack of beliefs

it's called being an agnostic-atheist I think?

fuck it, I was here to talk about Gervais Merchand and Pilk and their comedy.

later lads

>trying to pretend atheism and agnosticism are synonyms

Agnosticism is saying you don't know. But atheism is saying you actively disbelieve.

Again, "An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."

No one gives a flying fuck if you just don't happen to be religious. It's those who claim that they know religion is wrong that people have an issue with.

>By some definitions
Exactly
Before the word agnosticism was made up, you had just atheists.
Insisting that there is some incredible distinction from "don't have faith in gods": perfectly acceptable and "believe there is no gods": completely retarded, is asinine.
People call themselves agnostics to take themselves out of the discussion and avoid flak, but agnosticism implies atheism.
And everyone who knows the basics of world history knows religions are man made, new ones are born and old ones disappear all the time, everyone knows that no religious or mythical system is true, you just have faith.

Sounds like he is a JUST candidate

Atheism just became too mainstream so it became cool to hate, even on Cred Forums which prides itself on doing what isn't cool.
Most people here are atheists, they just do the whole "you can't know for certain" bullshit to avoid being painted as a fedora.

>Insisting that there is some incredible distinction from "don't have faith in gods": perfectly acceptable and "believe there is no gods": completely retarded, is asinine.

No, it's essential. There is a massive difference. One requires faith, the other doesn't.

I get that it would be convenient for you to assert that atheist and agnostics are the same thing, because it helps you create a "us vs them" thing, and gets more people on your side. But it requires you to throw out some pretty basic logic, and most of us aren't willing to do that.

If I define "God" as "everything that ever existed and will ever exist" then God exists by definition. There's a movement called Ignosticism, which posits that the whole question is meaningless until the completely ambiguous word "God" has been satisfactorily defined.

Both require lack of faith, one brings it to its logical conclusion
Agnostics are in the non religious/filthy infidel group anyway, if there is an "us vs them" thing going on.
What's really weird is your obsession with bringing agnostics on the side of the "wise" religious, while also claiming that atheism requires faith and of the two is the one which is secretly a religion.

I never thought he was funny outside some of his standup, even idiot abroad which I did like was more about pilkington and his reaction to stuff, whenever Ricky and the other guy came on to be a dick to him it was really annoying.

>But atheism is saying you actively disbelieve.
There is no belief. "Lack of belief".

He a cunt. He is the kid who would start shit at school for attention. Who loved being a contrarian twat but was eager to tell you how not annoyed they where.

He's overly sensitive, aggressive and hypocritical. He'd cut people down for minor infractions.

Him and Stephen Fry are made of the same "dish it out, can't take it" material of self righteous twats with no actual self-awarness

Theists BELIEVE there is a God.
Atheists BELIEVE that there is no God.
Agnostics BELIEVE that they don't know if there is a God.
Ignostics BELIEVE that none of the above even agree on what they mean by "God" so it's all meaningless arguing at cross purposes anyway.

>Atheists BELIEVE
Lack of belief.

I'm a neet so I don't mind posting this all day until you get it right.

I am not the guy you are arguing with, but you seem pretty stupid.

Do you have believe that there is no God? If yes, then you believe something you have no proof for.

>What's really weird is your obsession with bringing agnostics on the side of the "wise" religious

At no point in this thread have I EVER done that. I have never claimed that the religious are wise, nor have I tried to out agnostics on either "side". You have resorted to a blatant straw man. And what's worse, you this while replying to a comment I was actually COMPLAINING about people trying to put agnostics on a side.

You've gone from denial to outright "NO U!"

Not according to Webster. Or Carl Sagan. Or the general public.

But you believe there's no god. Beliefs absolutely exist even as an atheist. You believe in scientists, you believe in their claims about the universe. You don't believe in religion, but you believe in everything everyone else says.

Or are you a nut who just pushes away literally everyone who tries to explain something, since they all must be wrong and evil?

What do you think is the difference between an agnostic and an atheist?

Now, uuu

Lack of belief.

>proving a negative

By definition you cannot have proof of the non existence of a fictional being that's beyond human understanding, which includes some gods. You still know they're not real by the context.

Sorry I thought "you're trying to bring agnostics on your side" meant you believed them to be on yours, since the way religion works you either have faith or you're an infidel, having multiple sides in the non religious field is what i was writing against in the last few posts.
And I guess it was different people who kept posting the quote about wise people condemning atheism.
No need to go on on a projecting rant.

Hundreds of millions? In 2016 it was reported he was only worth £49.2m. And that's including all assets. He probably only has £5-10m to his name.

Please don't start making up new words to self identify with, agnostic already only exist to feel superior to both sides, you add ignostic which is the same but being obnoxious about semantics that everyone is aware of, this pathetic.

though i didnt like cemetary junction i think it faired well critically and at the box office.

writing partners and groups take breaks all the time. that doesn't mean there's bad blood. i think it's more likely they're just doing their own shit. they're not fucking around in a radio booth anymore; they have new careers.

Agnostics want to distantiate themselves from atheism initially to escape persecution nowadays to feel smug.

I don't know a single person that finds this insufferable cunt funny. He's the worst part of every show he's on. Ricky Gervais Show was a great show because of Pilkington. Office was enjoyable because of everyone else. He's nothing but a leech.

You don't have faith in scientifically proven facts, they're true regardless.

>if you don't believe this one philosophical notion from a bronze age dick cutting desert tribe you must believe literally everyone is wrong and evil
Holy shit you brain must be mush

Karl was Ricky and Steve's producer on the XFM shows originally.

I don't argue with retards. You're better off just reading facts until you get it through your head, hence, lack of belief.

Maybe he should pray

This!

/thread

There are many definitions even in the webster which is not a theological or philosophical encyclopaedia anyway so who gives a shit.
And who gives a shit about fucking carl sagan too, who wrote "One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority.""
>the general public is on my side
>ad populum out of the ass
lol

Ignosticism is not new, I didn't make it up and I don't identify with it.

"Agnostic" exists to specify that one holds no belief either way, as opposed to theists and atheists who both believe (or claim to believe) that they KNOW the truth regarding the existence of God.

It's really not very complicated, but a surprising number of people seem to struggle with it. I guess it's just easier to grab a book and accept it as fact.

>distantiate
Scientologist detected.

>muh lack of belief
>muh lack of belief
>muh lack of belief
>hurr i'm winning!!
>but not against retards hurr

You're legitimately mental, dude.

Chris Rock is a generic black comic, stealing from Pryor's grave, no originality, just hackneyed race and relationship shit shouted in a manlet voice.

Seinfeld is literally autistic, everything funny came from Larry David.

Ricky at least used to be funny, these two never were. So tired of people parroting opinions on this video, seems like nobody talked about it for 5 years, then in the last 6 months I've heard 3 podcasts that say Ricky was a fish out of water and didn't deserve to wash the sandals of the living god Chris Rock.

>Ignosticism is not new
from wikipedia
>The term ignosticism was coined in the 1960s by Sherwin Wine, a rabbi
That's just as new as tumblr genders, fuck that and fuck you for bringing it up.

You can greentext all you want, you still can't explain how a person lacking belief can believe either way so instead you keep trying to change the definition so it fits in your made up argument.

Lack of belief.

So when you discuss whether God exists or not, you just assume everyone is on the same page re: the word "God?" Here:

Let's say my definition of God is: "Everything that exists in the present moment." DOES GOD EXIST Y/N?

"Lack of belief" could describe either an atheist or an agnostic. Neither believe in God. Can you be more specific?

Anyone discussing the existence of god in any seriousness would first give their definition, usually it's the one given by one of the main religions.
This is literally a smarmy rabbi making up shit in the 60s, "what if my god is my dick, makes you think uh?" Fuck you for being so easily impressed.

>Neither believe in God.
Lack of belief. You still want to make it seem as if atheists choose one alternative or the other. They choose neither.

>is presented with evidence that he is wrong
>simply repeats the same claim over again as if saying something multiple times makes it true

Your first sentence is incorrect. You're basically trying to tell me that all hypothetical beings are not falsifiable. But this is not true. You're also saying you determine what is real based on "context" rather than proof. Are you sure you're not religious?

>Sorry I thought "you're trying to bring agnostics on your side" meant you believed them to be on yours
What side do you think I'm on?

>since the way religion works you either have faith or you're an infidel, having multiple sides in the non religious field is what i was writing against in the last few posts.
so you ARE making this into "us vs to them", and painting "them" as a cartoon stereotype. Even though everyone here knows that is incorrect. We all know some religious people that are good have man beings. Your insistance that all good people are non-religious, and all religious people are book-burning witch hunters with no exceptions is not doing your credibility any favors. Hell, I can cite you multiple examples of Methodists alone being remarkably inclusive and respectful of atheists, from inviting them to speak at sermons, to saying good atheists are better than bad Christians.

>And I guess it was different people who kept posting the quote about wise people condemning atheism.
You said I was siding with "'wise' religious" people. Carl Sagan is not religious, he's agnostic

Honestly, you're a strong case for a high amount of bitterness among atheists, since you hate everyone else, from the religious (all of them) to agnostics.

You're like an SJW. You're militant with your ideology, you believe you're better than everyone else (despite calling THEM smug), you think the whole world is out to get you, and you believe anyone that disagrees with you must hate you.

>You still want to make it seem as if atheists choose one alternative or the other.
No, atheists choose not to believe in God, right? But it's possible to go one further and say you BELIEVE there is NO GOD. What do you call someone who makes that step? And what do you call someone who refuses to make that step?

>>is presented with evidence that he is wrong
Lack of belief. You still have to concede you're wrong about this for me to even accept your existence in this thread.

>No, atheists choose not to believe in God, right?
They choose to lack that belief.

You're literally repeating your belief over and over again while we've cited reputable sources that dispute it.

>CREATIONISM IS REAL
>CREATIONISM IS REAL
>CREATIONISM IS REAL
>CREATIONISM IS REAL
>I REFUSE TO DEBATE YOU UNTIL YOU AGREE WITH ME

See how ridiculous that is? That is what you are doing.

>it's so popular to hate ricky gervais now that Cred Forums is defending him

literally never thought i'd see people defending this total loser. he has never done anything good. UK office is probably one of the worst comedy shows i've ever watched. Completely devoid of actual emotion.

>You're literally repeating your belief
My lack of belief.

You are repeating that atheism means "lack of belief. You refuse to respond to this

HOLY SHIT
IT'S OVER
BTFO FOREVER

TRY NOW
R
Y

N
O
W

How woebegone are you at seeing this ?

Not him but fuck Merriam-webster. Noice is not a fucking word.

So I shown you evidence that the definition of athiest is not "lack of belief in a God", and provided you with evidence from a reputable source that said that the decision is actual a belief in the non-existence of a god.

...and your response is to highlight that evidence and type btfo in all caps?

I guess this is part where you try damage control and say you were "PRETENDING to be retarded", huh?

All you see capable of doing is screaming "I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT" without refuting what the rest of are saying. Now you aren't even making an attempt. I've given you the evidence. I can't force you to respond to it. And now you're forcing us to walk away with another example of an athiest who can't support his beliefs and simply screams at people for daring to present arguments he can't refute. I hope when I leave, you stop trying to save face and start using some of those critical thinking skills you claim to value.

>Confirmation Bias: The Post

> all hypothetical beings are not falsifiable
Only all hypothetical beings that have in their definition "beyond human understanding".
Again: Learn to read.
> determine what is real based on "context" rather than proof
Context is proof you fucking idiot, what sort of fucked up definition of proof are you using, you find shit coming out of an anus, but that's just it's context, i need furrther proof that's not chocolate, just choke on it already.
>you ARE making this into "us vs to them", and painting "them" as a cartoon stereotype
You are the one who brought up "us vs them" I'm only replying to you, the division between faithful and infidel is very real and people are being killed over it it has nothing to do with cartoons you disingenuous shitnugget
>everyone is n my side argument again
>all good people are non-religious, and all religious people are book-burning witch hunters with no exceptions
Holy shit I never even said anything about good and evil or burning books you madman
>Methodists alone being remarkably inclusive and respectful of atheists
Being invited to a sermon doesn't make the distinction between believers and not believers less objective

>you're a sjw nonargument
I don't hate anyone in the world. I'm not militant about anything. I have a massive inferiority complex. I'm not paranoid and am obviously ok with having arguments.
Could you possibly strawman any harder?
You should be ashamed of yourself.

>only link he presents is the one that conveniently change the entire concept of atheism
Really makes me scratch my noggin. Lack of belief.

>you hate everyone else

>you believe anyone that disagrees with you must hate you

You must realise you're talking about yourself right?

I'm genuinely not the guy who kept repeating "lack of belief."

I made and posted that pic, and said he was BTFO, unironically. I genuinely want lack of belief guy to TRY NOW because his "argument" is woebegone to the max.

I never had experience with a religion myself but everyone I met that I knew their religion aside a few Catholics let their religion define them. This is especially true about people in niche religions.

They become walking memes and I hate them.

>evidence from a reputable source
>single eight word definition from an online dictionary
>ignoring previous replies explaining how the webster is not an academic source
You're hopeless.

>context IS proof!
Then explain this:
>By definition you cannot have proof of the non existence of a fictional being that's beyond human understanding, which includes some gods. You still know they're not real by the context.

Those are your words. You've literally just reversed your opinion.

What is the difference between an atheist and an agnostic?

>Merriam-Webster is not a reputable source
>neither is Carl Sagan
>but me screaming "lack of belief" over and over again is

Are you literally a child?

Nope. Please point to where I have said that.

99% of atheists become atheists when they are thought about the history of religions or when they are old enought o realize the contraddictions in the holy texts, which is usually during childhood. Which was the case for both Ricky and Louie btw.
Atheists who renounce god after somebody dies are a stereotype from fucking chick tracts and those people aren't even really atheists.

>Being invited to a sermon doesn't make the distinction between believers and not believers less objective
Well can you show the widespread occurance of Methodists calling atheists "infidels"?

underrated post

>those people aren't even really atheists.
>No-true-Scotsman fallacy

You're not just a laugh- you're a riot!

>implying i am that guy
>still ignoring carl sagan literally warning people against arguments from authority
>still defending a shitty 8 words web definition as an academic source
Kill yourself asap

baby dead.

The context is the meta.
You can't be so stupid come on.
If a book describes a being beyond human knowledge, you still know it's not really real because you know that some dude just wrote that book from his imagination.

he's rich af does it even matter

So you are claiming that you know God was made up by man? You're justification for "I know God isn't real" is "God was made by man". Do you not see the circular logic here? You're verifying a claim by making the same claim.

Those are direct quotes, reread your own post.
You accuse me of hating everyone that i disagree with and in the next sentence that i believe everyone who disagrees with me hates me.
That's a very peculiar belief to have, textbook projecting.

infidel is latin for faithless

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
>In an even narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.

UH OH

So, you STILL have not provided ANY evidence that your definition is correct, while I have provided multiple pieces of evidence that mine is. If you refuse to actual refute anything, I'm done with you.

They're not in the sense that they're just christians going trough a spiritual crisis.
An atheist is not just a bad/lost christian.
Not a scotsman fallacy.
That's not circular at all. Reread and think about it please.

You quoting my accusation, and then essentially said "no u", but you have not pointed out where I claimed that everyone that disagrees with me hates me or where I said I hated everyone that disagrees with me.

>I believe there is no God, so I'm an athiest
>nope
>why not?
>because I can read your mind. You're really just a Christian. You see, if you were an athiest, that would imply atheists aren't morally superior. But since your existence hurts my worldview, I'm going to declare you a Christian. Bad people are Christians.
>but I wasn't even Christian, I was jew-
>shut up. You are no true athiest, despite being an athiest by definition

Hey, you know all those Christians you hate for being inferior to you? They're not really Christians.

Every single one of those sources lists the lack of beliefs, only two alternatives, definition as the first or the second one. It's the definition widely current in the history of thought even.

Read the definition of projecting.
By making such a weird claim with no reason you show your own vulnerability.

>I don't know have proof that God isn't real, but I believe it because I know that man made him

That would be proof. But it doesn't really matter, since you don't have proof that he was made by man. You're screaming your beliefs over and over and hoping people will give up poking holes in it. Wish granted. I'm going to go argue with a brick while. At least a brick wall can't make arguements as terrible as yours and back them up by repeating them over and over without ever refuting their flaws.

It doesn't matter what was the starting religion the argument still stands.
And again i never made any statements about good or evil nor superiority.
How old are you?

But it doesn't have the same definition in English, and you still haven't shown widespread use of it among Methodists.

>people
>implying it's not just your mentally unhinged self repeating the same busted fallacies only to ignore the rebuttal again and again
the projecting is outstanding

non religious, faithless, infidel, atheist, agnostic are synonyms for the sake of the argument (in that they all imply lack of faith)
>widespread use of it among Methodists
was never part of the argument
stop being literally autistic

>Every single one of those sources lists the lack of beliefs
No, it doesn't say "lack of belief". It says "Belief that there is no God". Read it.

So it's not all religious people? It's specifically groups like fundamentalists?

>non religious, faithless, infidel, atheist, agnostic are synonyms for the sake of the argument
Are you fucking kidding? These have WILDY different definitions and contexts! It's like saying "a square and a rectangle are the same thing because they both have four straight sides"

Infidel is an insult. Faithless is not. Plus, faithless is a completely accurate term.

You're either impossibly stupid or impossibly shameless.

>since you don't have proof that he was made by man
It's called Occam's Razor, bud. It's funny that people aren't badgered to justify non-belief in other fantastical beings.

The only one of those that is considered an authority is Oxford. And it's on the same level as Webster. So all you have done is shown that there is a disagreement on the definition. Which we already knew.

Not THE definition widely current in the history of though... The LESS RIGOROUS definition (though widely current etc). The former (ie. primary) meaning of the term is a LITERAL rendering. Are you not LITERALLY an atheist?

Your definition of atheism includes UNINFORMED CHILDREN. Do you really think that UNINFORMED CHILDREN consciously identify as atheists as opposed to theists? Why bother declaring yourself to be of the default position held by UNINFORMED CHILDREN user?

But the main argument here, is that THERE ARE TWO MAIN DEFINITIONS OF ATHEISM IN PHILOSOPHY. "Lack of belief" is one (and the secondary/broad one by most wiki sources). You flatly denied the existence of any other definition, stubbornly repeating the words "Lack of belief" as your entire argument. You were proven wrong.

user, what if you're wrong about God, too?

>Occam's Razor, bud.
That's not proof. You are literally making an assumption. All Occam's Razor does is say "ignore variables that you can't measure or test". And it was invented by a monk.

>It's funny that people aren't badgered to justify non-belief in other fantastical beings.
>non-belief
There you go again. Trying to imply that lack of belief in something and belief that something doesn't exist are the same thing.

gotta charge my phone. Be back for babby's first theological discussion in a few hours

>in a few hours
And they never heard from him again.

Have you got any proof about all that greentext nonsense op? If not, let the cunt play with his cat.

The disagreement is meaningless though since next to zero atheists "believe there is no god." Whenever people argue that atheism means "belief there is no god" they're just insisting that some people believe something they don't believe so they can beat up a strawman and paint atheists as, at the very worst, as delusional as religious people are. Which is a fucking funny "argument" coming from a religious apologist anyway.

>>All of his recent projects have bombed or been panned by critics and public or at least fallen into mediocrity territory
you mean like all of his projects?

he was never funny.

Ricky's always been cunt, it's only taken you fedora fags to realise this now because what he espouses is stale.

Not the OP, but the last three are objective facts.

>richard dawkins declared himself an agnostic in his book the god delusion
What did he mean by this?

Seriously, I'll ask you a third and final time: What is the difference between an agnostic and an atheist?

It's what happens when you publicly denounce God and talk about how cool it is to be an atheist

He's been struck down

what a pauper

>Ricky also had a special relationship with celebrities like Jonathan Ross and left Steve out of that
Do you think he did that because Merchant left Ricky out of his (Steve's) special relationship with Hayley Atwell?

No one ever publicly denounced god or said it was cool to be an atheist. God just doesn't exist in the form claimed by most theistic religions, and in any other form it literally doesn't matter.

An agnostic believes it can never be known for sure if God exists or not, an atheist doesn't believe God exists. Get schooled, kid.

>never said it was cool to be an athiest
>Had an entire stand up routine based around it
>tried to interject it randomly into his show with Karl

I think most people in media realise it was a mistake to prop him up this high because 80% hold some form of belief in a higher power

You're butthurt and insecure because not everyone is a gullible moron who will believe anything as long as it's written in a "really old book™. Zombies? Check. Fairies? Check. A magical universe creator who poofed into existence a space 100+ billion light years in diameter so he could make sure the organisms evolving on one infinitesimal rock don't masturbate or eat pork? Check. Violations of logic, the laws of physics, and everything in between? Check. Religious people tending to be poor, uneducated, and stupid? Check. Oh, all of that is written in A Really Old Book™? I believe it!

That doesn't mean he did it because it's cool, he did it because it's hilariously absurd that so many of you are so gullible and unintelligent. It's funny. It's the exact equivalent of believing Lord of the Rings is historical non-fiction. You think you should be exempt from being made fun of? You're a fucking idiot. Kill yourself, you obese lunatic.

there's a difference between "believing" a true, undeniable fact and believing in utter nonsense fairy tales without a shred of provability, merit or remote possibility

This is why atheism is the worst religion.

>Not understanding the value of the truth within myth and the shared experience of culture, 2016, and that very few Christians are actual young earthers who believe it literally.

Yet here you are on Cred Forums

All I can say to that is

>*tips fedora*

Claiming some arbitrary selection of the Bible is "just a metaphor" doesn't exempt you from needing to prove the validity of whichever parts of it you claim aren't a metaphor. Everyone already knows religious people cope with modern analyticism by vaguely mumbling the word "metaphor." It doesn't add any credibility to your fantasies or delusions. And I don't give a shit about shared culture, that too adds no credibility to your claims.

Polytheism/Paganism was on the money desu senpai.

>the proponents of the second definition, by contrast, regard the first definition as too broad because it includes uninformed children along with aggressive and explicit atheists. consequently, it is unlikely that the public will adopt it
Who are the "proponents" this passage is referring to then? Religious people who want to pin atheists down to a position they can argue against? Whoever they are, I think they have a point, don't you? If your definition includes everyone who doesn't believe in God, that's so broad as to be virtually meaningless.

commonsenseatheism.com/?p=6487

According to this site, someone who claims to know there are no Gods is a "gnostic" atheist, and the other type (doesn't believe but doesn't claim to know) is an "agnostic" atheist. So there we go. Next time, instead of spamming "Lack of belief!" like a broken record, you can now simply specify which kind of atheist you are and save everyone some time.

And that's just it. You don't give a shit. You've unilaterally decided that you have all the answers (or, that there are no answers) and are perfectly content with a nothingless void after a few decades (if we're lucky).

Does being smug and calling others delusional just part of your charm, or are you a multi-faceted ass? (maybe he's good at chess or something)

I read this in Ricky Gervais's voice.

Your lack of belief still constitutes a belief in and of itself.

Sorry bro, you tried

Not all the answers, just ones that require basic coherence of mind.

>and are perfectly content with

Objective reality has nothing to do with contentment. How I feel about what happens after death has nothing remotely to do with what happens after death.

>How I feel about what happens after death has nothing remotely to do with what happens after death.

Right back at ya.

>user posts a picture of Ricky being crazy about being an athiest
>respond by flipping the fuck out and going on a incoherent rant about you hate religion

I-it was just picture, dude.

I bet he's great fun at parties, lol.

>being this sensible
I wouldn't waste the energy

>Your lack of belief still constitutes a belief
Hey, "lack of belief" guy here. I didn't have the patience to get this particular sentence out of you but I'm glad someone else did. Anyways, you're wrong.

so what? did you read it correctly?

>An agnostic believes it can never be known for sure if God exists or not, an atheist doesn't believe God exists.

they both believe things

also your point is null anyway because it's a paradox

If belief in something is built through a series of combined and subjective experiences which are ultimately catalyzed by factors outside of any one individuals control, is the belief, regardless of what it asserts, relevant to anyone other than the individual itself? And therefore unimportant to the rest of society at large, unless it serves some practical purpose?

yes

Okay, just checking.