That's probably not the good board for that, but I don't know where to ask that

That's probably not the good board for that, but I don't know where to ask that.

Why did the Ark kill everyone in the Indiana Jones movie? It seems to come out of the blue, just like Han Solo's hint to not look at it.

Other urls found in this thread:

theraider.net/films/raiders/deleted_scenes.php
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RfUkwCvXHEo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

in the old testament, some people gawk at the ark while its uncovered and so god kills a bunch of them, so i guess its inspired by that

I wish it was referenced in the movie, because last time I read the Bible, I was 10. And I don't remember God being called Jehovah either.

Thats the tetragrammaton, the Hebrew name for god

>how dare this movie make me think for myself and look things up!

>"it's totally okay to have a Deus Ex Machina if it's written in a book, guys!"

You're an idiot.

It's explained in the movie. They even show you fucking pictures during the exposition!

theraider.net/films/raiders/deleted_scenes.php

The dangers of the Ark
A plot element involving the Ark of the Covenant was cut from the film and is only hinted at during the finale when the Ark is opened. Basically, there were 2 rules about the Ark not mentioned in the final cut of the film:

If you touch the Ark, you die.
If you look at the Ark when it is opened, you die.
This is first explained in additional dialogue for the scene when Indy and Sallah visit Imam. Before translating the writings on the headpiece that give the height of the Staff of Ra, Imam warns Indy not to touch the Ark or look at it when it is opened.
The next scene involving this Ark subplot is when Sallah and Indy remove the Ark from the Well of the Souls. When Sallah first sees it he reaches out to touch it. Indy stops him before he does and reminds him of Imam's warning. Then they insert long poles through each side of the Ark to lift it out of its crypt.
Notice that nobody ever touches the Ark throughout the rest of the film until the finale.

That delete scene wasn't really needed since you can SEE all that on the pictures they are looking at.

There's even a ray from the ark going directly into one of the bigger character on the page.

The what now?

Google it, google!

Ah, the days when movies didn't have to spell every little thing out to the audience through exposition.

So the entire movie is impossible to understand because of a deleted scene.
Got it.

No, all the exposition do is showing the ark has power. Belloq's ritual should've controlled the ark and allowed its opening.

It is. Indie describes it in his classroom to a colleague when he hears that its location might be known.

You mean Marcus?
I don't remember that scene at all.

>impossible to understand

You may be retarded, son.

>get proved wrong
>name-calling
I accept your surrender.

He opens an illustrated bible with a picture of rays coming out of the ark. Calls it "real wrath of God stuff". It's been many, many years since I've seen this movie.

So all the exposition do is showing the ark has power. Belloq's ritual should've controlled the ark and allowed its opening.
Indie's tip of closing their eyes or the ark's hostility isn't explained.

It's said it's powerful, but it's not explained why it targets the nazis.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=RfUkwCvXHEo
Last minute

So yeah, exactly as I said.
It explains the ark can level mountains, burn people and probably toast toasts too, but it stops here. It doesn't say that touching the ark or even looking at it is a bad idea.

Why do you think the God of the Jews might target the nazis?

At this point I think you're trolling, but still, sometimes it's better to leave a bit of mystery for the viewer to think about themselves, rather than spell out very detail.

The way OP writes makes me think that he has less than a high school degree or he is not a native English speaker. Either way, my condolences to you.

>Why do you think the God of the Jews might target the nazis?
With that explanation, why doesn't He razes the entire Germany in one go?

See

>Modern Cred Forums users

See

That was the most interesting post in this entire thread.

At least we can all agree that Temple of Doom is bar far the best Indie movie, first time Cred Forums has a consistent opinion on something.

I take it I'm the only one who hated it.

>Sallah's execution
>The periscope ride
What the fuck Spielberg?
These made Germans actually sympathetic and fixed one of the biggest plotholes I saw in a movie.

Get off your high horse and admit that you need to pay attention more. You didn't even remember the scene where indy shows the class the pictures of the rays shooting out of the ark. It was clearly explained in the movie, and the one detail about not touching or looking at the ark was obvious to 90% of all viewers. Calling it Deus Ex just shows how little you know about film. So don't act so indignant when you couldn't follow a movie because you clearly weren't paying attention.

I am now beginning to understand why so many modern movies explain every fucking detail. People can't fill in things for themselves

>Get off your high horse
Back at you.
You keep whining and explain what the ark is and how it kills people.
What I'm asking is WHY. You keep misunderstanding the question, shoot yourself in the foot repeatedly, and then you throw a bitch fit when I tell you you're missing the point.

>explain a supernatural phenomenon to me
ok im done here

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Jehovah begins with an "l"
And don't even get OP started on grail lore.