Will Kong: Skull Island be good?

Will Kong: Skull Island be good?
Can Legendary pull of a kaiju cinematic universe?

Kong isn't a kaiju you abhorrent weaboo fuck

no, these movies are never good

>b-but they made the monkey bigger..!
no.

/thread

Kaiju is just jap for monster, he does qualify

Never a good sign when the ride based on it is fucking terrible.

>kong is in it for 2 minutes
>all of his shots are at night and it's raining

>kaiju cinematic universe

I'm not sure how to feel about "Cinematic Universes" becoming a thing all over the place.

The Mummy reboot is part of Monsters CU included the Dracula film with Luke Evans, and upcoming Frankenstein etc.

>main character is an american soldier
>movie focuses on his mission, his wife and his family
>monsters are secondary
>monster fights are secondary
>CGI is shit
>music tries to make you feel like you are watching something cool

He is now.

That one is based off of the 2005 movie though.

No it isn't you idiot. It's a japanese film term for japanese monster movies.

Kong isn't either.

Well that's just a throwback too, Universal monsters crossed over all the time in the 40s and 50s.

>No it isn't you idiot. It's a japanese film term for japanese monster movies.

>Kaiju (怪獣 kaijū ?) is a Japanese word that means "strange creature," but often translated in English as "monster" or "giant monster". It is used to refer to the kaiju genre of tokusatsu entertainment.

It had meaning before film was even invented dude, and yes Kong would still qualify, why do you think the word was used in Pacific Rim?

maybe he doesn't know the new Kong is big as fuck

I'm up for a fun crossover, and Godzilla is one of the few series where it's totally justified.

I don't know if they can pull it off 100% but you can bet your whole entire ass that I'm going to watch them try. Give me 20 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes of giant monsters beating the shit out of each other and I shall be satisfied.

This. These are the kind of movies i like to use to play in the background while doing other shit at home.

>20 min
Yes

>10
Ehh

>5
Fuck no

Trailer has me pumped, but so did star wars. Fell into the trap again with Jurassic world. Final straw was independence day. I want it to be good, but I've just become so jaded I expect it to be trash with the only good parts being what's in the trailer.

Its gonna be fun, i enjoyed Godzilla 2014 and will prolly enjoy this too even if Samuel L Jackson is a meme actor at this point

stay mad everyone

Yeah they might be trying another Sommers Van Helsing thing. Also nice dub dubs.

Not that guy but thanks!

>reminder that kumonga is in the trailer

Are we sure that it' Kumonga and just some random giant spider? This is Skull island after all. Also when are getting a new Gamera movie? Was thinking if they went serious mode again while keeping the Gamera loves the kids angle, Speilberg would be great to direct it(If Legendary got the rights to Gamera)

Wish we could get some creativity and innovation.
Instead of fucking remake of a remake of a remake.

There's lots of original films user, go watch them and support them with your money.

It would be pretty cool if they managed to put Kumonga, Kamacuras or Gorosaurus in it since it's part of the Godzilla universe

Grape Ape is even a kaiju.

lol moron

>see the nice guys in theatres
>see edge of tomorrow in theatres
>see a massive array of good to decent indie movies in theatres
>they rarely make their money back

Faggots like you and the majority of retards on this board are the reason that Hollywood keeps cranking out shit; because you'd rather pay to go see Transformers 7 and Harry Potter 12 than a well-made original movie.

Don't you dare compare Harry Potter to Transformers, motherfucker

>win Oscar
>make garbage blockbustershit

BASED waifu