Do I have to watch every stupid fucking marvel movie and tv show to watch this or can I just jump into it?

Do I have to watch every stupid fucking marvel movie and tv show to watch this or can I just jump into it?

Don't bother, it's cartoon bullshit?

Yes user, you have to watch every superhero movie ever made and read every single comic the features Luke Cage and every person he's ever talked to in order to understand.

It requires 50 years of required reading

Oh no.

I'm watching it right now. I just jumped into it. The promo on Netflix looked interesting.

This is going to be boring as fuck.

>here's a muscular black dude who can't get hurt, bullets and glass don't scratch him, he'll beat up bad guys and walk away feeling good
At least DD has the blind thing and a unique fighting style, while JJ had Kilgrave.

Does it really matter? Have you ever actually believe the protagonist in a superhero movie was going to actually lose in the end and the villain win? Doesn't matter what they're powers are.

Unbreakable did that pretty well

This is a superhero show and I want to see flashy, badass fights and/or a villain with interesting powers. Doesn't matter if I know what the outcome will be.

you should start with reading 1986 and then watch some films like citizen kane

>can't get hurt

wrong

>episode 3
>charles bradley
>wu tang
>bazooka
Now I'm interested.

It requires sociological and cultural understanding that can only be gathered by growing up in a poor black neighbourhood, and then actually acquiring superpowers.

But you can kind of understand it if you have a PHD in somalian comics.

Emotions aren't real

no that's why it's stupid

Not OP but do I have to watch Jessica Jones in order to watch this show?

I only watched 3 or 4 episodes of Jessica Jones and that's it

Takes place before JJ

A lot of the fun is seeing what bullshit the hero pulls to overcome someone who should easily trample him. You can't really get that if they're pretty much invincible from the getgo.

What exactly is daredevil's power?

Why is everyone saying this? It isn't.

Enhanced senses (even though he's supposedly "blind" he can sense everything around him to a superhuman level) and ninja training.

They talk about how she was his rebound bitch in episode one

It takes place after, they make a reference to JJ in the first episode. Other than that it's completely unrelated though.