With the release of Luke Cage, are Netflix's Marvel shows actually good or are they just typical capeshit...

With the release of Luke Cage, are Netflix's Marvel shows actually good or are they just typical capeshit? I'm on debating on whether I should start them or not.

Season 1 of Daredevil was way good, literally of the best shows that year.

Season 2 was shit and Jessica Jones was absolutely awful. Haven't checked Luke Cage but my expectations are very low, unless the first 2 episodes are amazing I'm not watching it at all.

It's the only capeshit I like desu

Daredevil is solid all the way through. First season is great for setting up Matt Murdock's progression to becoming Daredevil and Kingpin is a GOAT villain. Second season is a lot different once he puts on the costume and they start introducing even more crazy shit after the how grounded season one was. It's a fun ride though and Punisher steals the show

Jessica Jones wasn't quite as good but it was pretty enjoyable. Probably should have been shorter or had more time spent on some of the subplots. It kinda starts to drag ass near the end when it seems like they're trying to stretch the plot out just to fill episodes. I'd still recommend it because it's really good when it's good.

Haven't started Luke Cage yet but it looks pretty good from the previews

S1 Daredevil is tryhard bullshit for marvelfags with shitty 70s tier fight cinematography and even shittier choreography

S2 is okay

Daredevil Season 1 was incredible, still have yet to see Season 2.

Jessica Jones is breddy good so far. Tennant steals the show, and the amount of psychology they put in it is great. However, the show is overtly feminist and seems to be too drawn out.

Leave capekino to Netflix.

Punisher arc was good, that elektra shit was awful though

Luke Cage is very pulpy entertainment, I dig it

They shit all over the CW stuff.

The Punisher episodes in Daredevil Season 2 are excellent. Rest of the show is all over the place.

Jessica Jones had potential but they didn't have the balls to follow through.

Luke Cage is better than most Daredevil eps so far (on ep 9 atm). Unless the quality torpedoes unexpectedly and massively it's their best effort overall so far.

jessica jones was worth watching for the villain but I hate everything else about the show. Like JJ is such a mean nasty SJW who gets mad when anyone else gets a second of attention because hurrrr I was raaaaaped fuck ur feelings but mine are super important!! I could go on all day reeeeing about the characters in this show

Daredevil was okay, except for Karen. Fisk is amazing. Daredevil season 2 is okay up til the last couple episodes that went ridiculously overboard with the ninjas. Also Karen was still shit.

Jessica Jones is okay, and the Purple Man is fucking AMAZING.

Only three episodes into Luke Cage, has the most humor of all the Netflix marvel series so far. It's pretty funny. The only thing I can really say negative - so far - is that the action scenes share the issue that Jessica Jones action scenes had. They're just not that great. I get that Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are more brawlers, and don't have the finesse or style that Daredevil does - I get that - but they're just a lot more boring to watch. Jessica Jones as a series had the same issue, great villain, some great scenes and characters and the like, but the action scenes consistently left something to be desired.

Obviously these shows aren't all actions scenes though, so neither series was ruined by lack luster action scenes. It'd just be nice if the action was on par with Daredevil action.

How about fucking no? It had some of the best choreographed fight scenes in capeshit ever.

Stop being a cunt for the sake of being a cunt.

Punisher arc was all buildup and no payoff.

Elektra was interesting for the side of Matt she brought out. Also the return of BASED Stick pulling serious juju out of his ass.

>Season 2 was shit
Season 2 Punisher arc was GOAT-tier capeshit. The other part gets a lot of hate, but I didn't really mind the ninjas, what I hated more was the nonexistent transition between the two totally separate plotlines and the awful way they tried to tie them together. If they saved ninjas for their own season I would have probably enjoyed it.

What the fuck was the hole for?

I can't even remember if it had a point honestly.

The hole is being built up. It's probably where the demon that originally lead the Hand was buried.

The issue with the amount of ninjas was mostly int he last two episodes, especially the last episode where there are tons of them and then suddenly NOPE NOT THAT MANY.

Some bad choices there. The rest of it is good though, even the super natural stuff. It was just the ending portions that someone fucked the poodle on.

Yeah, the transition was wonky, two stories stuffed into one story, but even that wasn't a deal breaker. I do wish they'd handled it better. I hope they learned from the mistakes. And I desperately hope the didn't learn the wrong lesson like, "SUPERNATURAL STUFF IS BAD NO MORE!" because that's learning the wrong fucking lesson.

We're clearly not done with the supernatural stuff.

>a Netflix Orig-

I watched a couple of episodes of Arrow and it was shit

Watched a couple of episodes of Gotham and it was actually pretty fun

Yeah, that ending was awful. I included that in my "the way they tied it together" category of things they fucked up. The two plotlines just really broke the pacing for me.

Daredevil is good, JJ is only half good.

Luke cage, dunno.

Gotham's pretty solid. If you don't mind the absurd level of campiness it's really fun. It does get really dark while somehow still being comedic and fun later on too, never succumbs to the common trap of making everything edgy as fuck.

If they do Iron Fist right? Definitely not done.

I hope they remember to make Iron Fist and Luke Cage the buddy cop duo I love them as in the comics. Luke's a great straight man to the Iron Fist's less serious commentary. I'm curious if they'll let Iron Fist be as silly and goofy as I remember him being, while still maintaining a certain level of serious drama. I always found his humor more deflective, dealing with the situation and bad shit with humor, so it's not about being a comedy, just about dealing.

Luke's more straight man dry humor plays off of that well.

I'm pretty sure they're going to make Iron Fist too serious though.

Fair enough. Like I said though, none of it was a deal breaker, just, they made mistakes, and they need to learn from them in the future.

Like with Agents of Shield, you see they';re bringing in Ghost Rider. To introduce him and make him look tough they take a person who has the power to LEVEL FUCKING CITIES and suddenly she can't keep a slight metal shelf from falling on her even though those things are so light I can lift two of them at once while moving my damn shit around the garage. You can't break your own story to force other shit in. Things gotta be fucking consistent.

Most of the camp comes from their weird 'old style meets modern' thing they have going in their acting and the world around the characters. It's intended camp. No less camp for it being intended, however.

>Daredevil
Season 1 was wonderful and season 2 was good but had a lot going on, felt like two seasons crammed into one.

>Jessica Jones
Terrible besides the Purple Man, he's the only thing to watch it for.

>Luke Cage
So far I'm liking it. First two episodes were slow and boring but takes off after that. Really liking the wink and nod to 70's afro action movies. It's fully aware of its roots.

I was more talking about DD. Stick clearly intends to come back, Nobu's gang was barely harmed in their operations, Elektra's in the sproockpot (spooky crockpot), etc. Plus the hole is still a big thing that has to go down.

There's exactly three reasons to watch JJ
>Kilgrave
>Luke
>Jacket Guy

>the show is overtly feminist and seems to be too drawn out.

>dumb women cause all problems: the show

>that guys sister
>that lesbian lawyer that is retarded and lets purple man go

I'll agree with you on that.

>Really liking the wink and nod to 70's afro action movies. It's fully aware of its roots.

Yeah, I'm glad they did this. I like those groovy 70's music cues when Luke Cage is defending his community/fighting thugs.

Really liked that compared to the JJ one where they just mock the old costume. In LC he cracks jokes about it but it's in good taste. JJ literally just talks about how slutty looking the outfit is.

Oh I know, it's just some people might not like the style. Personally I love it.

DD is a bit weird.

It's tied to MCU, but tries to play off being grounded realistically, then the latter half so S2 reminds you that magic and aliens are apart of the series in a jarring manner. Also starts all the ninja stuf. Not sure why they wanted to go so long without the magic side of the universe, it should have been dealt with early on. It's potentially going to get a bad as arrow did once the magic started to show up there. It's just a problem of taking a character/IP from a world of magic, trying to realism it to to hell and then attempting to use known storylines/characters that are fan favourites, but are tied to the magic.

People would have complained as well if you'd call the series something else and just been an expy in a NotMarvel setting.

Cred Forums is the only shithole against JJ. Typical they go are triggered by a woman but go crazy for BBC.

What I hate is when something does wholesale slaughter of ninjas. As if there are just unlimited ninjas we just can't see them. I mean there really is probably just 30 worldwide IRL...

Err.mm,h wait! *gurk*

Why is the media making it look like Luke Cage is a pro-BLM show? It's obviously not. It seems to be anti-BLM on how critical it is of the African American community.

Make with teh DD fight scene webbums already.

Shitting on the cw should not be good enough to invest in a show.

That's because the original in costume in Luke Cage is real, he really wore that in the 70s and went by Power Man. Jessica Jones was created in 2001 and introduced as a washed up super-heroine. The Jewel costume was always a joke.

OP here, thanks anons for your input. Since it seemed generally positive, I'm going to watch them all. Hopefully I'm not disappointed. The only capeshit I ever really liked was The Dark Knight.

Daredevil (Season 1) > Daredevil (Season 2) = Luke Cage > Jessica Jones

Daredevil S1 is great. S2 is just okay because the plot that isn't the Punisher portion gets pretty weak and half-baked.

Jessica Jones is good if you're not triggered by women getting BLACKED but it's about 3 episodes too long. The bad guy is a big part of why it's good.

You have the bad guy going, "The police are evil and racist! Look at this poor young black boy who was brutalized! Hashtag this stops now!" all so she can get more power and push her shitty agenda. At the very least, a jab at Black Lives Matter.

I second this opinion, and Luke Cage is pretty damn good.
Netflix Marvels aren't your typical capeshit at all, I'm not judging them, I'm saying they're their own material and really different from the movies and the ABC/CW/whatever shows, best part is that they don't look like capeshows at all.

>Luke Cage is good

Is this a meme? The writing is laughably bad.

Daredevil season 1 is great. 2 introduces Elektra which was awful. The whole Daredevil side of it was boring and dumb. Punisher was great , so was Karen , but their story was given a backseat so Daredevils dumb story could take focus.

9 eps into Luke Cage and it has a lot of great things about it. It falls apart with the action scenes though. Colter is too stiff and doesn't put enough effort into his movement. I get he's super strong, but it comes across like a Segeal movie. It also suffers from poor directing at times. Music and writing is top tier though so far. Colters acting is surprisingly good.

S2 of Daredevil was complete and utter shit. Only the parts with the Punisher were good.

The writing is great. The directing is bad and the acting is often stale.

They are without a doubt better than the films. However, if you absolutely hate Capeshit then I don't know why you are even considering it.

I thought that too. It's almost mocking it.

fpbp apart from
>Season 2 was shit
only when the Hand storyline started. Punisher was awesome

Daredevil dips in quality. Great first two episodes. S2 has a great first 4 episodes. So it's worth watching the start. JJ is ok, cool villain. Luke Cage is pretty good, probably the most focused one.

Also Luke Cage looks a little cheap at times. Something I didn't find to be a problem with Daredevil.

isn't DD s03 delayed to like 2020 or so?

Do you think he's a good cuddler?

I think it was 2018 as Defenders is next

Yes.