What the fuck went wrong between s1 and s2

what the fuck went wrong between s1 and s2

why do beautiful things die

Pizzalatte couldn't find a book he could've copied and had to come up with his own stuff.

He got caught stealing from Ligotti so had to write original stuff which turned out to be garbage

That or he went like "why the fuck is all the stuff people loved about the first season what I lifted from other authors? fuck that shit, s2 will be all OC". And welp...

Cary Fukunaga wasn't directing or producing.

>be pizza
>replace artsy director with an unique vision that can seriously elevate your material for the fast and furious director

>no ace director
>could no longer plagiarize
that's why

S2 at least gave us that amazing scene of Vince walking in the desert, though. And Vinceposting. Caspere knew this.

I'm not going to deny that we got something wonderful out of it. I'm actually getting teary eyed over how much fun I had over Vinceposting.

But I still feel like we could have gotten something good AND still got our stupid memery in.

You retards realize the Ligotti book was a nonfiction collection of essays, and not a fictional tale of two detectives trying to investigate the conspiracy behind a serial killer's actions, right?

99% of Rust's charm was the paragraphs of word-for-word Ligotti though. Without that stuff and the direction it's a generic cop story.

>le season 2 is bad meme
LAFFIN

The problem with that accusation is the presumption that the character of Rust wasn't a Ligotti fan, which makes it a perfectly legitimate usage.

This is like accusing Tarantino of plagiarizing the Bible because of what his character Jules says before shooting people.

there's a difference between copping from cultural canon and copping from a niche author user

No, there isn't.

You know what made it orginal? Not that.

>female lead
>nu males
>multiple leading characters
>lacking a single unifying purpose

Because pizza worked on the first season for years just because he liked the idea, but was pressured to write the second season in a couple of months by HBO

yes, there is. Jules even fucking mentions that what he says is from the fucking bible. He doesn't play it off like they're his own musings.

But S2 was pure greek tragedy kino

The S1 opener was about a girl's ritualistic murdered by what looked like a pagan cult. That and the fact it took place in not-often-used Southern rural landscape. S2 opened with a city manager getting offed by mobsters in a city co-opted by Los Angeles