Why did old movies love using this color for "blood"

Why did old movies love using this color for "blood"

It always makes older movies look retarded. Like who fucking let that shit pass?

Is it so hard to use a darker/deeper Red back then?

You prefer deeper red because you're used to it. Also for some films like dawn of the dead it helped lower the age rating

>You prefer deeper red because you're used to it.

Are you fucking retarded? People prefer deeper red because it's the fucking colour of blood

I always guessed it had something to do with showing up better on the shitbox film stock they had.

You're gonna hate Suspiria then.

No it isn't.

You do know it varies in colour depending on whether you sever an artery or vein?

blood's blue until it hits the air

No it's not retard. Neck yourself

I always assumed it was a censorship issue, ie make the blood look more artificial because it looks less gorey.

WE

WUZ

BLUEBLOODZ

AND

SHIET

It is, Bryan Fuller explained that for Hannibal they were able to accomplish the gorey scenes in the show just by lowering the lighting just enough and using very dark blood.

I wish more people would actually work with the censors more closely to push the envelope instead of just playing it safe

This is pure autism. It's called suspension of disbelief, retard.

Why change the color of blood in the first place; moron?

Why does my earlobe glow red when I shine light through it?
Check mate atheists.

Who gives a fuck? You realize that the events that you watch literally aren't real, right?

Kek

HAVE EVER SEEN BLOOD?

YES

IT'S THAT RED

because thats what color blood is, Im a nurse

I doubt he's talking about Suspiria or anything like it, because you'd have to be retarded to not realize why it's that color.

>Is it so hard to use a darker/deeper Red back then?
Yes. It actually was, liquids can also be very glarey so they couldn't shine too much light no it or you'd just seen the specular shine and not the "blood" itself, they couldn't have it too dark, or it'd look shadowy and black and unlike blood at all.

So they chose a brighter pigment.

Cutting veins to see, brb