Will we ever get a proper AvP movie? One that's set in the future...

Will we ever get a proper AvP movie? One that's set in the future, with spaceships and space marines and different planets and just tons of cool sci-fi. How awesome would that be?

Chances are we'll never get a movie like that...

>essentially making a bigger starship troopers

the budget alone would preclude this from ever happening.

Good day.

How so?

Would only be awesome if it were directed by Cameron.

Are there other sentient aliens in the AVP universe?

If you haven't noticed, studios have only put large resources behind proven brands, so much so that they're mining old titles for remakes.

The budgets for Avp movies weren't great, infact the budgets for Alien movies were better and those were decades ago, if you compare for inflation and you would have to essentially sell this movie with no names and a mediocre brand.

Remember most people never played the avp computer games, so without knowing that or hunter world book or any of the solar resources that this idea draws on..you essentially have a blank slate with no script and with the budget the way it is, you're looking at no names or character actors. It just isn't a recipe for success.

All it takes is a big name director and the marketing makes itself.

They did it was called Prometheus

>implying Scott's name still holds any value

He is long past his prime.

Sorry user, jim is in middle of making 10 Avatar sequels.

Avatar would be a better movie if Na'Vi were designed by Giger.

I have a treatment for a large budget R rated AvP film with a bit of a twist.
Don't want to say too much. But I actually work in the industry actively.
I just don't think there is a chance that Fox would green light it.
Too expensive and risky.

But it is set in the future.

It needs to be set in its own universe. Any attempt to cross either of them into each other's canon will be detrimental to them both. Also that's a fucking nice pic, one of the few where the alien doesn't look like a faggot with chicken legs.

this is already what I was arguing, as a brand they're very risk averse.

Best avp game coming through.
>tfw there will never be another RTS where you can swarm the enemy with hordes of xenos from various hosts types
The whole process of building a hive tickled my autism in the best way.

Give us some details.

agreed. Prometheus kind of skewed the timelines a bit when it came out. luckily most people didn't notice and throw a massive shitfit about "muh canon"

proper AVP movie? have you read any of the comics? while there is stuff in the future the space marines shit isnt even the good avp stuff. coldwar = best arc

Sounds like it'd be nothing like why I like either series.

none of the stories I've ever read compared to experience of the avp games online and watching people think it through.

there is no solution to impromptu horror and violence in modern media and joys it can bring when you have shit popping out at you in unexpected ways, being hunted by shit you can't see.

the way I personally interpret it, is that both series represent this innate fear that there is something out there that is stronger than humanity. If there was an AvP movie that could explore that idea in a meaningful way, I think it might be good.

To add onto this, nobody has experienced fear like a human with a gun meeting a praetorian in a dark tunnel with no way out.

Ideally it would be set in the new continuity Fox as set. Although they are still undecided and shifting in plans after Mr. Scott changed a few things in the upcoming sequel.

Anyway, the film would focus on Colonial Marines, in fact I think that the branding should be more focused on that than anything else.

Full Metel Jacket vibe at times between leads, a squad of badass mother fuckers. This squad would be stationed with a large carrier class ship with multiple other squads.

They would be called into action on a outer rim survey world by an emergency beacon.

Meanwhile, a large ship of "Young Blood" Predators would be preparing for a hive hunt on the survey world. Introducing a younger and more rash squad of "Yautja's".

I'll overview a few more points.

-Young bloods go down and prepare for a hunt.
-Colonial Marine ship arrives.
-Predator ship monitoring bloods enter a sort of red alert mode due to the size of the human ship.
-Marines get briefed and begin the process of entering the planet's orbit.
-Predator ship fires upon the human.
-A fairly lengthy sequence of the leads attempting to escape the ship as it tears apart entering the planet's atmosphere.
-Various characters are separated on the planet's surface.
-Xenomorphs introduced shortly after...

I'll leave it there.

So a play on the hunter world idea but a less gay version without piano man.

While I don't think you should humanize the yautja, I think going into how they think about hard meat and the other hunter ideas and developing their almost native american like alien-ness could help round them out while leaving them as an ephemeral force.

Instead of having a near human hunter or lovecraftian xenos, you need to different these forces based on what worked before which is why you chose to build the story like the first predator movie but with aliens being in the mix.

A lot of different influences I think. Pretty well versed in a lot of the alien, predator lore and extended universe works.

I think one of the biggest issues with the first two were that they just didn't do a human focus well.

The second is a fun due to its R rating, but if only they had a better script at least. Well you get what you pay for.

I've always thought predators were way too op.
Sending young bloods to hunt xenos for sport? fuck that shit, nigger.
Predators should fear them and only send their best and most experienced guys to go head 'em out.
Xenos are supposed to be planet killers.

Hunting xenos is a rite of passage.

>the new continuity Fox as set
Go on...

I was going to say even if hunters don't always win, xenos aren't even mid-tier to them. They're probably aliens in universe that make them seem tame. That is what they should put in a movie. Or maybe xenos breed with something unknowable.

>Will we ever get a proper AvP movie?

The day we see Machiko Noguchi on the screen

>Bringing the Hunter World game to the casuals

it'll never work

There are a few variations on this in the 3rd act.

As for the continuity, it's a mess right now.

But the new Blade Runner should have an interesting cameo.

So they want to put predators in the alien universe?

instead of an asian chick, the role would probaly go to scarlett johanson

They already have in the new comics, which they consider canon. Kind of officially a few years ago they established a canon, they are going to a cinematic universe vibe now. Hence the change from a Prometheus sequel with a simple title to a Alien branded one.

I fucking knew it.
I was so happy when Prometheus subtly retconned the avp films, now they want to make it all cartoony and shit.
So they consider Prometheus: Fire and Stone canon?

This.

Seriously awesome game.
The way you had to go through the whole Alien life cycle to gain more units was the fucking best.

And using different hosts giving different sub species of aliens

Hopefully the tone reflects more of a horror lovecraft vibe, I can think that could be pulled off in a crossover. Given the right talent.
& yes.

It could potentially stand out as a unique cinematic universe. But it is worrying if executed poorly.
Alright last thing and I'm out; a certain director that has talked to Fox already might be doing a cross over "event film", think a horror version of the avengers in terms of franchises.
Honestly its kind of a shit show though since they don't know what they are doing really and are afraid to commit in any sort of major press release.

Downfall of DC for the longest time.

It could work. But it does have massive potential to be a schlock fest.
And lets face it Prometheus looked fucking great, but made no fucking sense. Glad the same writer isn't on the sequel.

>it does have massive potential to be a schlock fest
Yes,this is exactly what I'm worried about.
Avp was a mess, the xenos weren't scary - they were squat, dog-like things that just jumped around, screeched, and died and trying to emulate Arnie with all the silly one-liners.
I do love the concept though, but I think it should be its own thing as the alien universe always felt more serious and predator was comic booky, and when you put them together it seems kinda' goofy.
I just want the xeno to at least feel threatening again ;_;

Also, thanks for the info.
Any word on what creatures we'd recognize?
I'm actually really curious now.

Predators are now black women.

BishopBot confirmed.

Also, yeah, the bit about Prometheus I agree on. Keep Lindolf away from that shit.

so are the predator race canon in alien movies?

the engineers made them in prometheus, and the predators just found them and hunt them? or where do they fit in the stories?

i'd rather have a tv show following the adventures of marines tracking and hunting xenos in dangerous planets

bump

why do you feel the need to include Marines in this? why not have an exclusively AvP movie, one that focuses solely on the 'rite of passage' part from the Predator viewpoint, and that explains how Aliens came to be in the process? kinda like the 2004 movie but set in space and without any unneeded references to humans

A PROPER Alien vs Predator movie would probably need to be a trilogy or some shit.

It needs to respect both species. It needs a REALLY good story and multple cool charcters. Even maybe multilple story lines going on at the same time.

I'd say the only good Alien vs Predator story so far has been the one in the computer videogame "Alien vs Predator 2".

I love this idea and wrote a short story about a young yautja named Wexinrune, essentially it was right of passage from perspective of a young hunter going against various aliens that we haven't seen before and eventually culminates in finding out xeno's have come to infest the planet. Trial of Hardmeat.

It is a story that can be done well but not by our current media system, they're loathe to tell a story without showing the hero's face, humanizing them in some way to sell it or using a name star.

Think about last story that didn't have some human facet as lead. It has never been done in major media because system is risk averse. Comics and books can do it but not tv or movies.

Let's first see where Prometheus 2, 3 and 4 or better Alien Covenant, sequel to it, sequel to it goes.

This sounds like it would be interesting

oh right i haven't thought about it from that perspective. which really sucks, because it eliminates a lot of of high-potential ideas from ever being realized in hollywood (not just AvP universe)

One storyline on a spaceship flying to planet X and there's a xeno situation on the spaceship. At the same time there is a predator situation on planet X. planet X could be an off-world site for research about the xenos and the spaceship was supposed to bring them but you know... shit got out of hand etc.
And on the planet there are predators for whatever reason you want and in the end the spaceship manages to land on planet X and shit goes down.

I remember renting it when it was new, and I fucking swear to this day that version I rented had a multiplayer mode. Was never able to find it again.

In what universe is Alien not a proven brand?

The avp brand is different from predator or alien

As individual series, they're essentially horror movies.

AVP was treated more like a superhero movie and one that under performed, twice.

bumping for some sexy xeno pics

Yeah but both were shit.

xeno is 5 tiers above either avp or just p.
Mixing them myde mpre harm to both brands.
1 fucking alien >squad of sp marine
1 alien ~> 3 preds
3 preds > squad spach marines

Aliens turned xeno into zergling rush, i like the movie but fucktard Jim ruined the brand.
Xeno is kinda like ~ninja apex apex predator.

That looks like a nigger.

Machiko Noguchi is Asian.

>Aliens turned xeno into zergling rush, i like the movie but fucktard Jim ruined the brand.

Nothing about the alien changed, it's just that the humans had guns this time around.

Nah, AvP is a stand-alone thing.

Predator and Alien remain as separate IPs.

It would be hard to make a proper AvP movie.

Predator is more of an action film than Sci-fi, and the only good Predator film was the first one.

Alien typically relies more on suspense/horror, and typically takes itself more seriously than the Predator films, its hard to make a decent film when both franchises have a different tone

People also forget how fucking ridiculous the Alien looked like in the first film, especially when it moved about.

i kinda disagree but im unwilling to argue about it.
Aliens demistified xenos too much.
It really doesnt matter.

What else did you think was gonna' happen after Alien?
When you have big killer aliens, you know eventually there will be soldiers, and there will be casualties on both sides.
Xenos are tough as nails, but they obey the laws of reality too.
Cameron took it in a completely natural direction.

Also, you need more than showing them killing, they need to look intimidating.
The xenos in Aliens took out almost two entire squads and the command, and they had presence.
They looked like tough, biomechanical nightmares, and acted the part, methodically testing the perimeter, using stealth, cutting the power.
In that shitfest avp they were retarded, and I felt no tension whatsoever.

>and the only good Predator film was the first one.

pleb spotted

Predator 2 was trash, only thing interesting in it was Nick Noltie

Could you explain why you consider Predator 2 to be a bad film?

Boring setting (LA in the future 1996)
Bad protagonist (Old Danny Glover)
Silly plot (Predator hunting Jamaican Drug Dealers).

Its an action movie with bad action and no action heros. The only good part of it was Nick Nolite because his character was the only one who seemed to fit in that universe

>Boring setting (LA in the future 1996)

Fair enough. Not everyone's a fan of the urban/concrete jungle.

>Silly plot (Predator hunting Jamaican Drug Dealers).

He was hunting any and all gang members, not just the Jamaicans. Hell, remember the subway scene? It wasn't just gang members either.

>Bad protagonist (Old Danny Glover)

Who would you have chosen? I remember reading Arnold refused to be in the sequel because he didn't like the new director.