Appearantly, the next Predator movie will be directed by Hawkins

Appearantly, the next Predator movie will be directed by Hawkins.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_"Dutch"_Schaefer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>doesn't know who Shane Black is

OP seriously?

This is good.

Is it going to be a sequel, prequel, pre-sequel, or what? That last movie where they went to the predators planet wasn't that great tbqh.

theres gonna be a lot of pussy jokes

Shane Black is a perfect choice for Predator.

He should have gone to politics like most of the other actors in the movie did.

Shane personally said it is a sequel that acknowledges at least the first two movies happened, completely new story and FOX is giving him cart blanche to do it the way he wants

JEEZ YOU GOT A BIG PUSSY
JEEZ YOU GOT A BIG PUSSY

Why did you say it twice?

See, cuz of the echo.

He didn't.

He typed it twice.

>Predators II
>Nose guy and annoying mexican chick run into AHNOLD
>guy got captured years ago
>Piano guy and housemaid bite the dust
>Ahnold survives
>Steals a spacecraft
>I WONT BE BACK.. on this planet.

It should be a prequel set during the team's rescue mission in Berlin

you just know that they'll push the nostalgia button and get Dutch to appear for one scene.

SHANE?

>this would be a bad thing

>Predators 2

Shane's ignoring that. Thank fuck.

why was he so sweaty?

Was it his first time talking to a girl

she's a big pussy

Yeah, man, totally.

>not wanting old Dutch

you gay, son?

for you
for you

>Nervous Austrian in German bar .jpg

As far as I remember, in trivia related to Predator 2, it was said that Dutch was killed later on when he went after a different Predator.

>As far as I remember, in trivia related to Predator 2, it was said that Dutch was killed later on when he went after a different Predator.

None of that is true.

Not that he died of cancer/radiation poisoning from the nuke?

My bad, he wasn't explicitly said to have been killed, but he did go missing.

> According to Gary Busey in an interview, Keyes and the CIA had been setting up CIA commissioned missions in the jungles on the Predator, which Dutch had been involved in, after the events of Predator (1987), but they had lost Dutch. Which explains why Dutch (Schwarzenegger) didn't appear in the sequel.

the comics that focused on the brother of dutch (a cop) keep mentioning he disapeared.
the colonel even makes up a story that dutch got infected with some alien virus and they dumped him back in the jungle (this later turns out to be bullshit)

How could the predator imitate a sound perfectly just by hearing it?

It's an alien

Didn't they use technology for that?

Or are you talking about the end of the film when he laughs while the self-destruct device counts down?

>the comics that focused on the brother of dutch

They were so fucking stupid. An outright fucking invasion on the city. Then the stuff in Arctic.

How do humans imitate animal sounds?

avp.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_"Dutch"_Schaefer
so he escaped and disapeared acording to this

>>Predators 2
>Shane's ignoring that. Thank fuck.

Why thank fuck? Predators is really irrelevant to all other stories. It's fanfiction at best.

It's bullshit how they bring in a new kind of Predator, one to which the older ones seem weak and smaller. It's basically the scriptwriter or the director jacking himself off in a way that says "See, mine are way better than yours!"

Yeah you right, this triggered me too.

In Antals defence, it's hard to make shocking reveal with already seen monster.

I really hope new movie will be more about tension then monsters bashing each other.

I know this might be entirely me just hanging up on insignificant detail, but take note that this film is called The Predator. Not just Predator, but THE Predator. Might be this one will be some kind of experienced hunter?

Oh and since I don't see anyone mentioned it in the thread, Benicio Del Toro has been cast for a role in the film, presumably the main one.

>Benicio Del Toro has been cast for a role in the film, presumably the main one.

He's currently in talks but there's no confirmation.

The confirmation lies in the film's shooting schedule. Basically, they made it so that it fit Benicio's schedule for other films.

They have Shane Black as a Director/Co-Writer

and the original producer of Predator 1.

And 20thCenturyFox gave them a budget of like 150 million.

This is seriously the best possible combination they could have to reboot the franchise to its former glory.

So you're guessing

A well-founded guess.

It's not like I'm pulling this out of my ass.

He ducked and covered.

Do they give them those bright orange covers so the school shooters can find them more easily?

Remember that time when someone made a short film of the predator fighting knights?

Pretty stoked, he was originally meant to re-write the original Predator, but he read the script and called the execs crazy for not shooting it as-is (which they eventually did, at his recommendation). He's got his head on his shoulders so hopefully it will turn out well.

maybe dutch joined the predators like in the comic books

Dutch was meant to die in Predator 2, he had Garey Busey's role. Ahnuld turned the gig down because he didn't like the new director though.
I wouldn't mind him coming back for a similar role in the new one though.

What? The only person who ever joined the Predators for hunts was Machiko Noguchi and that's Aliens vs Predator territory, something completely separate from the Predator IP.

so whats your point?

The point is that Dutch was never shown in the comics. His fate is unknown. In the Predator comics they have literally never taken up any human to be with them for hunts or anything of the sort.