Just finished series

>just finished series
>not that great, but okay.

Why so much praise ?

What didn't you like about it?

It was excellent until the last few seasons where it got progressively worse. The whole forged serial killer plot was convoluted nonsense and I was glad it was over by the end of it. Probably should have just ended with Avon getting taken down and Marlow being handed the reigns afterwards.

Homicide: Life On the Streets (essentially the prototype of The Wire made by the same guys) was exactly the same, only the degeneration happened a lot faster, around season 2 I would say. If you liked The Wire at its best, I'd recommend the first two seasons of Homicide and skip the rest. It gets very Law and Order-y after that, sadly.

The nu-male reddit types who inhabit internet forums and comment sections like the feeling of caring about "black issues" and so they overrate it.

The chess scene alone tells you everything you need to know about this show and the fan base.

It was amazing you clueless cunt

>not that great, but okay.
>Why so much praise ?

Kill yourself kid.

good contribution

I had the same impression overall, honestly it wasn't particularly informative despite spending so much time on the same topic.

S2 was perfect however.

>every character except Bunk goes through major character change.
>show watches like a novel more than a television show
>so many fucking themes

It's honestly a novel in television form, if you're too much of a pleb to notice then I'm sorry.

And I'm a Cred Forums shill.

what change does marlo go through?

at first he's a black man
at the end he knows karate

At its best, like S3 and 4, it's some of the best television ever.
With that said, there are enough poorly-acted side characters and pointless story shifts (sobotkas (despite how much I like them as characters they are given way too much screen time for how ineffectual they are in the endgame), the journalists)

It's in my personal top 10 for sure though

how about you fucking kill yourself

i mean seriously how does anyone that isn't mentally retarded not understand the brilliance of the wire?

congrats you baited me you real life prostitute

Have a rare McNutty to put your feelings about the show into image form

explain in a sentence or two why it is "brilliant"

da institutions fux wit black man

Kys OP. It's some of the best tv ever made.

Both Sobatka and the Journalists are completely important to the narrative. The Wire isn't just a simple story from a to b, it's about life in general, showing the various infrastructures evident within society, and how they impact one another.

it's about the effects of niggerfication of american cities

but Ziggy was the worst character of the wire (only McNulty comes close)

>It was excellent until the last few seasons where it got progressively worse. The whole forged serial killer plot was convoluted nonsense

That was only in the last season

s4 cannot be beaten by anything

The forged serial killer plot was simon's zodiac theory.

he makes it, realizes he doesn't give a fuck about upward mobility, money, or any such nonsense other than his reputation. Possibly narcissistic sociopath, but it shows he willingly chooses the street life even after his organizational infrastructure and reputation collapsed

and you see him wielding the golf club when he first speaks with Bodie and calls himself a business man, he thinks he might be a Stringer type, but he later finds out he isn't

dis