Can we talk about this show? I've never seen a show that deals with the theme of regret and shame so well...

Can we talk about this show? I've never seen a show that deals with the theme of regret and shame so well, that captures the feeling of knowing you are a shitty person who wants to change but keeps failing to.

show sucked, dog. if you enjoyed it, more power to you.

Why do you think it sucked?

Bumping with more bojack

its a show about toy depression that people who've never actually been depressed watch

if bojack was as miserable as the show tries to insist he is, he'd just kill himself, for he lacks any sort of legitimate connection to the world.

S4 when?
Please don't tell me I have to wait until summer again

>my depression is the only legitimate depression, everyone else is a fraud
>I am the depressionest

Not true man, killing yourself is a very scary thing to actually follow through with and since when has bojack ever faced his fears?

More bojack

>the drama is shit
>excuses this with it's attempts at comedy

>the comedy is shit
>excuses this with it's attempts at drama

laziest show ever made

Even the background is packed full of jokes

You only feel fear when you still feel anything at all.

What your point? Depressed people still feel things

> I must convince myself that I am special

>i know for all the time I've spent depressed

What are yoooou doing here?

buzzing around the corpse of one of the only good things in my life

Man it was so sad when Sarah Lynn died, with all the bridges that he's burned she was the last person he had

I mean there's still Dianne and mr pb but they're pretty sick of him at this point, I think Todd is done with him too

>This could have been the life you had

Have you ever done something that caused someone you were close to to cut you out of their life and never forgive you? I have, that's why the herb and charlotte story lines spoke to me so much. I've never seen a show that talks about how sometimes, the thing you did will never be ok. And when charlotte says "and if you ever contact me or my family again, I will FUCKING kill you."... gave me chills. I've been on the receiving end of such a disavowal and it's like this hole opens up in your gut

Bump?

They didn't cut relations with you because of that one thing, but because they never liked you that much in the first place.

the most outspoken fans of this show are always annoying normalfags. i wonder why that is.

It's a lot of different things my point is that this is a topic that is not really discussed

Because they have never suffered true depression or suffering in their lives and they feel special for watching a show with such "challenging" themes for the vague sense of melancholy it gives them.

>omg I can so relate to this

No you can't you normie piece of shit.

Who was the best girl?

>So I guess you're not a fan of the wave of TV shows that's followed Louie? All those shows clearly based on the star's real life? Louis C.K. is a genius. But every genius breeds a bunch of fucking idiots. These people say, "I can do that." But they can't, they just think they can. I don't understand all these comedy shows that forget about being comedies. It's absurd. There shouldn't even be a prevailing style of comedy, anyways. People should be individuals

Bojack Horseman BTFO

>It's a "Truman has REAL depression and no normies even knows what it's like to be depressed except Truman because Truman's depression is unique because he wants to kill himself and no one else does because they're depression isn't even real like Truman's is" episode

>thinking depression is a single point rather than a spectrum
>talking down to others because you KNOW their life experience can't be as bad as yours or whatever supposedly dead person it is you hold as the gold standard of depression
>speaks as an authority on the experoence of depression, says the only truly depressed people would go through with it and kill themselves, while continuing to draw breath and shitpost on TV boards

K
Y
S

wow weird how you can infer a number of very specific points that I didn't mention in my post.

It's almost like you're projecting or something. Take your own advice faggot.

Yes of course only you TRULY know what depression is like
Tldr: waaahhhh

I don't know anything about sound mixing or anything like that, but there's something really off-putting about the voices in this show. They're too loud and crisp, they don't seem to occupy any position in space. They just overpower your headphones entirely. It makes it really difficult to take any of the dramatic shit seriously because there's such a strange, artificial feeling to the audio.

lol normie bojack fans trigged as fuck.

Enjoy your masturbatory trash that would rightly be regarded as a failed comedy if it weren't for it's , badly written, badly acted "gritty", "hard hitting" forced drama segments.

>omg bojack is just like me it's SOOOO scary 5/5

Because it's a comedy show that isn't funny that people just watch for the dramatic parts.

Not even that guy

I don't even like the show, buddy. But my reasoning for disliking it isn't motivated by a profound sense of self-absorption.

The closest thing bojack has ever had to love
And it's on a filthy motel mattress

relly makes you think...

>relly

I see wat u did there :^]

DAMN.....this show man.........

Its literally those gay emo comics from the mid 2000s repackaged for 20 somethings who are so bland that they claim depression because they think itll make them at all interesting/ give them an excuse for being such a bland, boring fuck

>wow this show really hits hard, I felt sad once, I really relate to bojack ;~;

It started out strong, I thought (I still love the opening sequence and the possibilities with using animals), but it's been dying.

Best girl

Asian daria

But the important thing is yer better than all of them.. why just look at all the time & effort you put into it. Surely your life is one to be envied by all.

i think there's a little more to it than that

It's a line from the show that another character uses to describe her

my post is bojack's reply to that line m8

I think she became really boring and insufferable after the faking being abroad story was over, there's nothing more for her to do. Bojack is still great because he's such a fucking asshole he won't let himself dig out of the holes he creates, endless comedic and dramatic potential.

Also that abortion episode was fucking terrible.

Oh fuck well I'm hungover

Bump!

Because its pure self-delusion and anyone with even the barest amount of self-awareness realizes that.

>anyone who criticizes BH's depiction of depression is self-absorbed

... what

Season 3 isn't as funny as 1 or 2, but I liked it the best.

>I mean there's still Dianne and mr pb but they're pretty sick of him at this point, I think Todd is done with him too
Regardless, Sarah Lynn is the only one he could relate to, she's the only one who completely understood him.
And even that was depressing because he's the one that fucked up her life.

>headphones

He tries to kill himself and has a near death experience.

He was driving and let go of the wheel.

>I've never seen a show that deals with the theme of regret and shame so well, that captures the feeling of knowing you are a shitty person who wants to change but keeps failing to.

Battlestar Galactica (2004)

>it's a Cred Forums tries to criticize a show but can only criticize the audience thread

"trying" to kill yourself is a scream for attention.

The problem with the show is the titular character is a person who, somehow, never developed the ability to create or maintain relationships with other people, but, somehow, never developed any sort or serious mental condition as a result of said emotional isolation. Thus making the character nothing but a blank slate for boring insipid faggots who play at being depressed to seem more interesting to their therapists.

Mostly because the show is tailored for boring audiences.

>but, somehow, never developed any sort or serious mental condition as a result of said emotional isolation
It's not explicitly stated in the show, but Bojack obviously has depression and anxiety.
Did you not understand NGE either?

Way too fucking overrated
It was ok and it was unexpected and it had a good first two seasons and an ok third but by now it's completely predictable.
I don't really care about the next one and seeing as it's season 4 if they don't do something different then in two seasons the morons will realize they have been watching the exact same thing over and over again

>Cred Forums
>good

>DUDE ABORTIONS LMAO
>has abortion and it never comes up again

>Mr. PB we can't be serious around each other and I might die.
>JK I'm fine

>gradual tumblr-tier lingo and philosophie

>I've never seen a show that deals with the theme of regret and shame so well, that captures the feeling of knowing you are a shitty person who wants to change but keeps failing to

Exactly why I got tired of it.

There are alot of good running/ background jokes but the main plot is like getting slapped repeatedly with the same idea. BOJACK is dysfunctional, and life is hard. It's just so bleak it borders on masturbatory.

I wonder if they signed a contract that stipulated that each season needs one episode about heavy handed politics?

Season 1 had the Military episode

Season 2 had the Cosby Episode

Season 3 had the Abortion Episode

Season 4 will obviously have a lot of Trump allegory with Mr PB running for office

> People will call Mr. PB running for Office a Trump allegory
> Not the obvious Arnold Schwarzenegger allegory
I weep for the future
and for the fact that my autocorrect knows how to spell Schwarzenegger.

some of the jokes made me laugh

What an edgy faggot

>I've never seen a show that deals with the theme of regret and shame so well, that captures the feeling of knowing you are a shitty person who wants to change but keeps failing to.

I take it this is the one and only actual time you've seen this theme done?

the internet in general and Cred Forums