How easy/hard is to make a living (not rich) off writing scripts for theater/tv/film?

how easy/hard is to make a living (not rich) off writing scripts for theater/tv/film?

impossible for you

As easy/hard as you make it.

Did you even study filmz?

u just gotta git gud senpai. and dont let people step on you. know your value and demand what youre worth.

no i wentz do te filmz

Are you Jewish?

Assuming you're any good, writing for TV pays well.

post some scripts and i'll judge you

It takes a long time of writing everyday and improving you're skill. It takes a lot of patience and you have to learn to let people read and criticize your work, and then use the criticism to get better. If you don't go to a prestigious school then for many it takes 10-15 years of work.

Writing for tv is a dying industry
What year do you think it is?

You must remain loyale to your capo.

I was referring more to the formats usually found on TV, like series/sitcoms. I agree the medium is dying but the content is moving on to streaming platforms.

writers room jobs are usually about nepotism or going to a good school

Responded to wrong post

Nepotism up to a point. If you're shit at it nobody is going to carry your ass.

Writing for streaming platforms is a dying medium too.

It's almost like people learned nothing from what happened to the record industry.

are you Jewish? do you have a relative in showbusiness? if no to either don't bother

Get a real job. Make creepshots for Cred Forums as hobby

>Writing for streaming platforms is a dying medium too.
[citation needed]

No one under 30 pays for content. You don't have to be a soothsayer to see where this is headed.

I wouldn't say it's easy but it's also not so hard as to be impossible, even if you're starting at the bottom.

If you're serious about it, maybe consider working with local theater groups or amateur film makers. Showcase the stuff you have written, see if any of them are willing to buy it or work with you on producing it. Make contacts, network, and so on. Get an agent.

Obviously you're not going to be an overnight success and it will probably be quite a few years before you can "make a living" off your work (if you should ever even be so lucky) but if it's something you're passionate about and have a knack for, I don't see why you couldn't do it.

if you have to ask
impossible