What happens if you stick your hand into it while the food is materializing?

What happens if you stick your hand into it while the food is materializing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_QpDJX-Sk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's probably a safety that shuts it down if your hand goes in, like the cutoff switch in your microwave door. But if not I imagine it would be like when that chick got stuck in the floor, but reversed.

A pleasant sounding voice will tell you to remove your hand from the replicator

You can't, it's got a force field.

If these two things didn't happen it'd probably just materialize around your hand.

It's not currently doing anything to YOUR molecular structure so its not like it'd fuse with your hand like if you had two people stand on the same transporter pad.

What if it's like a really hot coffee and you stick you hand in the middle so the cup doesn't materialize there. Then all the coffee would just fall down and burn your hand.

Could it materialize hula-hoops onto you fingers so you can eat them off with even less effort.

It would be very painful.

The same thing that happened to Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.

Yeah probably.

But you're a big guy.

The question that comes up from me is whether you can materialise bourbon directly into the bloodstream.

She's a big lady.

>safety
>Starfleet
LUL

If I were to explain this away with the lack of a simple guard, there's always the possibility that it also projects a simple energy barrier around the materializing food. It's part of the technology available on a starship.
So anyone trying to put their hand in there would find their hand obstructed.

Remember this is the organization that designs it's ship panels to explode into people's faces on the regular

This is what a transporter accident looks like. I suppose similar would happen in the food replicator.

Well then what if you have your hand there while it's making the barrier?

But that was some Enterprise just figuring shit out level transporters. Not like the fully functional TOS level ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_QpDJX-Sk

Oh shit.

And puts one toilet on its flagship. I had a hard time sharing a bathroom with my sister when we were kids. Half the ship?

>Well then what if you have your hand there while it's making the barrier?

I can imagine a barrier starting out at a point at the back of the replicator and forming in such away that it pushes outwards. This is all hypothetical on my part though.

That coupled with a simple scanner tech should keep starfleet future-microwave accident free.