Finally redeems themselves with Finding Dory and Inside out after three years of shit movies

>Finally redeems themselves with Finding Dory and Inside out after three years of shit movies
>Releasing Cars 3 next year

Dammit Pixar

m-maybe it's good?

>Finding Dory and Inside out
both of those were 6/10 at best.

I agree with user they were better though. Honestly the biggest issue with Inside Out is we've seen it too many times before. If that were one of their first films I actually think people would have received it better.

Incredibles 2 is coming out though and Brad Bird is working on it so nothing else they make matters until then. That movie will determine if I stop caring about them now or not.

>Honestly the biggest issue with Inside Out is we've seen it too many times before

But not like how Inside-Out portrayed it. Thought it was succinct, honest, and pure. Great film.

how is Finding Dory?

I went into it expecting a Monsters University-tier cashgrab film but it was actually a decent follow up to Finding Nemo desu.

Maybe because I had low expectations I enjoyed it more.

>a movie banking on Ellen Degeneres' popularity
>a completely unnecessary sequel
>about a character who can't remember shit

That's enough reason for me to find Pixar that they're beyond redeeming.

Inside out was fucking amazing. Finding dory was so underwhelming

This! But swap them!

Was Finding Dory as good as the critics said it was?

they need to stop for like 5 years. Make us miss you Pixar like I'm missing Ghibli and craving their return.

Monsters uni was marginally better than those two 6/10s

>Monsters Uni better than Inside Out

"yeah, Disney?, you should, like, stop making money for a while"

Monsters University was great you ape

I heard the reason Pixar sucks now is because Disney stole all of their best people for their own projects like Tangled and Frozen.

Is this true?

Considering the fact that Disney animated movies got way better in the early 10s while Pixar movies declined makes it a likely possibility

What was wrong with Monsters University? I thought it was cute desu.

I always wish they would make a more adult oriented scifi movie

but then disney baught em ..

Not really. Disney put John Lasseter in charge of all film animation, Pixar included. He would apparently only take the role if he got to make more Cars films and Pixar retained some sort of autonomy, something Disney were more than on board with because Cars made them $10 billion in merch sales alone but Disney also gets overall say on what films get sequels.

This is how you get situations where Pixar can release a complete dud like the Good Dinosaur and a masterpiece like Inside Out in the same year. Disney didn't really expect Inside Out to be as big as it was, they only really step into Pixar's business when it comes to sequels they want made.

But user...

Little Mermaid in space, wow. Good job.

> Disney stole all of their best people for their own projects like Tangled

No, is not true at all. Lasseter tailored each Disney films as comercial productions.

>Ghibli return

Well, ghibli released a new film, The Red Turtle and was a failure in japan.

Pixar is dead user, it no longer means quality

There was a Pixar movie between Inside Out and Finding Dory called Good Dinosaur. It bombed financially and critically so what the fuck are you talking about

Pixar died when they sold themselves to Disney

I think it's time to accept that and move on, time to put them in the same category as MAXIS Studios and other such companies

Monsters University is their best movie since Ratatouille you utter neanderthal

>Cars films and Pixar retained some sort of autonomy, something Disney were more than on board with because Cars made them $10 billion in merch sales alone

This, pretty much each Cars film is a good thing because give them freedom to do more films.