What are some movies that are really great visually? I am a sucker for visuals...

What are some movies that are really great visually? I am a sucker for visuals, here is a list of some of the best looking movies in my opinion:

- Seven Samurai
- Spring Breakers
- Stoker
- Love
- Nightcrawler
- Chungking Express
- Alien
- Blade Runner
- Taxi Driver
- Laurence, Anyways
- Eraserhead
- 2001: A Space Odyssey

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhARR-zmTCE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

None of tarkovsky's films? Really? If you want somthing new and visually competant id suggest Neon Demon.

Oh fuck, I completely forgot about Tarkovsky. I've only seen The Mirror but it was absolutely gorgeous. I hated Neon Demon, but it was definitely good looking just like Lost River.

Spirited Away
Valhalla Rising
The New World
The Darjeeling Limited

this is the reference movie for testing the black rendering characteristics in plasma displays

very nice to look at

The main appeal of this movie to me is the visuals. Would also say The Grand Budapest Hotel (that movie is just great in general too)

lol kill yourself

Akira.
I would've posted a different gif, but it would give away a crucial scene. Definitely worth watching.

youtube.com/watch?v=QhARR-zmTCE

Bunraku
Man on Fire/Domino

the American (2010)

Saving private ryan

sea of tree
kwaidan
flowers of shanghai

I really liked the urban atmosphere and dirty look in Rebels of the Neon God. It's not as pretty as the films you listed tho.

Talking about Dolan, the whole claustrophobic thing going on in Tom at the Farm was great too.

I really liked the way Rosetta was filmed, the way they avoid shooting the people talking to the main character and put all the focus on her during her interactions with other people was very nice.

Speed Racer

Oh shii- what's this movies name?

The Last Samurai
Oblivion also

These stand out for me, aside from the one's already mentioned.

I know I'm gonna get called a weeb but the end of evangelion is a visual masterpiece

tatti

Post Tenebras Lux

>plasma

Get on the OLED level

House of Flying Daggers and Hero.

Is this the meme-cinematography general? I like these threads.
>Beyond the Black Rainbow
>Pain & Gain
>Holy Mountain
>Cloud Atlas
>Suspiria
>Deep Red
>American Gigolo
>Thief
>Planet of the Vampires
>Black Sunday
>LOVE+POP

If you're going to start posting animekino you can at least not be such a basic bitch about it
>One Thousand and One Nights
>Cleopatra
>Belladonna of Sadness
>Macross+
>Genocyber
>Wings of Honneamise

The Revenant. the story was mediocre and got slow but visually the movie was beautiful.

Speedracer

Vanilla sky. some may or may not disagree with this, but personally i loved the way it looked

The first sin city had great cinematography. but that was probably because it was shot for shot the way it looked in the novels

Brazil
The Fall
Fury Road: fuck anyone that disagrees, that movie looked amazing visually

Honestly anything by tim burton from the beginning to his career to 99. Say what you want about him but he creates an amazing atmosphere in his films.

Same with Guilermo del toro. Id say specially for hellboy 2