It's another fucking time travel episode

>it's another fucking time travel episode

How is Twilight Zone from season 2 on? S2 already has a major drop in quality, not sure if I can continue. I'm re-watching it now, saw it on TV when I was younger when they were re-airing it.

>Season 2
>major drop in quality

Yeah, CBS wanted to spend less money on the show. A few eps in Season 2 were filmed on video tape and are actually 30fps.

The season gets better past the halfway mark though.

There are some iconic episodes.

IMO S1 has solid episodes while S2-4 are good just for the handful of iconic episodes.

Also as the other user said, some were filmed on videotape, so they look like soap operas at 30fps and are awful compared to the 35mm film episodes

Every season of Twilight Zone is kino you pleb

Oh, is that why some of these episodes looked absolutely terrible on the BD remaster? Okay.

>are awful

They're not that bad plot-wise.

Twenty Two is the best one.

I haven't seen every episode of the Twilight Zone but of the ones I have seen, I feel like there are a few really great, unique episodes, and then a bunch of formulaic crap.

Take pic related for example. Sets up some conflict, seemingly supernatural but ambiguous. Makes some "comment" about human nature, usually about fear. Conflict ends without real resolution, but then there's an epilogue scene where the ambiguity is debunked and it's revealed the situation actually did involve the supernatural.

Some episodes are great, like the one where the man breaks his glasses in the nuclear wasteland, but many follow the formula outlined above too closely. What does Cred Forums think?

OP here, I guess anthology series aren't meant to be watched consecutively, otherwise you definitely see the tired formulas popping up.

I think in the beginning of season 2, there were literally 3 episodes in a row that had the same formula. It drove me mad.

Also, random episodes that seemed out of place for Twilight Zone. Like the man who becomes Santa Claus. Okay, it's a supernatural story, probably a happy Christmas special episode, but it felt very generic.

No show even beats it after almost 70 years.

>Like the man who becomes Santa Claus
One of the best episodes, do you have a fucking heart?

>Like the man who becomes Santa Claus. Okay, it's a supernatural story, probably a happy Christmas special episode, but it felt very generic.

That's the thing about this series.

When every episode is hit or miss you get a few that are so good they're considered "iconic."

Season 4 had a lot of good episodes, but none that could be considered iconic.

great show all the way through

just watched The Masks...creepy as fuck

>ITT: the netflix generation

neck yourselves pls

Daily reminder the one about the three pilots disappearing one at a time was best one

I don't think I've seen that yet. The last pilot episode I saw was the Flying Dutchman one, which I liked.

just got to episode 104 (don't have seasons on my torrent) and they're an hour long now! How long does this last for? For the rest of the seris? Or does it go back to 30 mins eventually?

I only watch TZ when i have half an hour to kill, not exaclty something i want to invest an hour into?

Oh, no, wait, I saw that. I liked that episode, too.

Felt bad about what happened to them. It wasn't their fault that they got caught in some weird paradox, they could've just died normally. But the Twilight Zone had other plans.

TZ has some of the best Cred Forums reaction images.

My recommendation for the October: watch the 80's Twilight Zone series.

Rod Serling was 5'4". holy shit

that gremlin still bothers me

But it's so fake looking.

no...season 2 has some GOAT episodes. night of the meek, the devil one, etc. season 4 is the clear drop off in quality because they had to stretch out the episodes to an hour long and they used boring plots.
1=3>2>5>