Halloween III is a very solid horror film. Its title is the only thing that did it in...

Halloween III is a very solid horror film. Its title is the only thing that did it in. You all know if it was titled "Season of the Witch" instead, it would be considered a Fall Kino.

30 days till Halloween.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZetWj4W4t1Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

to bad its sequel is the true GOAT

>So can we go over the plan again?
>Sure, it's simple. We take pieces of Stone Henge and put them in microchips which we attach to rubber Halloween masks. Then, we somehow get every kid in America to wear these masks AND have them watch our commercial all at the same time. Once this is done it will resurrect an Old God or something.

No, it's retarded.

When I was a wee lad I wanted to lick Danielle Harris' coochie.

Really liked thus movie as kid. I agree that it is Octoberkino. The part where the kid and his parents get ducked by the masks creeper me out. I just never understood why they called it Halloween 3 and made it apart of the series. I always waited for Michael to come out.

The idea was to make the series into an anthology series where each movie would be a completely separate story from each other. But after this one bombed they went back to the tried and true horror monster.

Halloween was originally posed by John Carpenter as being an anthology film series where every new movie covers a completely different spooky story that occurs on halloween. Obviously the studio didn't go for it since the first one was so successful and they knew that it would be safer to carry on the same story in 2, but when that movie didn't do as well critically or financially they decided to actually try the original route for the third one.

Babycakes

Babycakes

Babycakes

The original idea sounds really cool. I can only imagine how it would've continued had it been more popular. Still I'll always like this movie for the comfu Halloween mood it put me in. I still remember the Halloween that I wore a mask and tried watching the movie to see if it worked. Pussed put of course. Shame horror movies will never make me feel true terror and suspense again. Thanks anons. Now I know.

It's just a contrarian thing to like Halloween III. The movie is like an unused Creepshow or Tales from the Crypt segment that happens to be a full length movie. I don't care about its name or no Michael Myers, it's just a mediocre movie all around.

Is it ever explained why Michael Meyers owns a television station in this Movie?

Why aren't there more anthology horror movies? Pretty sure Trick 'r Treat 2 would make alot of money. A Creepshow reboot would fit in with the 80's remake craze. And it's style would make some fucked up twist of 60's comicbook imagery and 80's horror.

im gonna watch this on halloween. I barely remember it but i remember one of the masks in it being really creepy looking

You're an idiot.

>DUDE WHY ISN'T THIS MOVIE REALISTIC LIKE MUH NOLAN BATMAN MOVIES XD

I was going to make a Halloween 3 thread today.

I love this movie. It oozes atmosphere through out. The the desolate town, and the factory settings.

I really feel like it's fucking fall and halloween is around the corner any time I watch it.
It's the perfect halloween movie.

>Using UltraMK to disrupt the order of the world is retarded
>Using UltraMK as an excuse to rape pre-teen/teens in Hollywood isn't retarded
Good goy, good. Keep your head in the sand.

i agree with these posters

Solid movie, op is right but I also feel it wouldn't have received the same amount of fame or notoriety if hadn't piggybacked off the Halloween name.

That has literally nothing to do with what I said.

You listed a bunch of shit, claiming that was the reason the movie was "retarded"

How is what I said not a valid reply?

>You all know if it was titled "Season of the Witch" instead, it would be considered a Fall Kino
Nah. It's boring as fuck and about as gripping as an episode of Goosebumps.

>guy hangs around motel
>guy creeps around company property
>gets caught
>childrens get turned into bugs and snakes

It's a dogshit flick. Shame, if it was any good we could have had an anthology series instead of a bunch of shitty rehashed slasher sequels.

What does Batman have to do with the conversation? Where did I bring up Batman?

Fucking this. Have the people who praise this rubbish ever even seen Creepshow or Tales from the Crypt? They do what this movie tries to, but actually succeed.

You're a dummy. Just leave.

>Pretty sure Trick 'r Treat 2 would make alot of money.
I thought that was happening. Though I haven't heard anything about it in years.

I accept your apology.

After they rebooted this they shouldve tried what they wanted to do before and make an anthology series again. Maybe next time around when we get a better michael myers send off first.

The first 3 Halloween movies are GOAT.

Michael is too deeply associated with Halloween for that to happen. No one is going to accept Halloween 11 or whatever without him. If the studio that owns Halloween wants to do an anthology series, just name it something else. Like V/H/S, Trick r' Treat or Tales from the Crypt.

I like this movie and its fuck you' ending

The whole movie was a 'fuck you', really.

yeah thats true. Kinda like how when they rebooted Evil dead, and people didnt like it cause it didnt have the slapstick humor the originals had. but people didnt realize that it was originally meant to be straight up horror in the first place, until they turned up the humor in the sequels. the first was still funny but that was more cause of the campiness of it. also that tree scene was very unexpected and hilarious when me and my friends saw it for the first time

I saw it recently for the first time and it's rather shit with or without the Halloween connection.

The stupid story/premise, the bland main character, the horribly awkward romantic suplot, everything about it really.

>Halloween movie
>actually features Halloween themes beyond "Kids are trick-or-treating somewhere offscreen, and the killer wears a mask"

Sorry, but III was the best Halloween movie, and I wish they kept to the idea that each movie would tell its own story.

Michael Myers became overkill. I wanted more black magic shit. Or monsters, or aliens.

Still waiting on that Trick 'r Treat 2.

Their first mistake was not having Ash.

Actually, I take back what I said.

Trick 'r Treat is the best Halloween movie.

yeah that end credit scene was shit. Im still hopeful theyll bring it back to the big screen, specially with the success of ash vs the evil dead going on. But Im still good with the show if they dont

Halloween 3 is the best movie for Halloween.

We need /halloweengeneral/ for October imo.

I feel trick r treat feels great because it being an anthology just leaves you with unanswered questions/wanting more. Every story leaves on a high note.

Maybe that's the appeal of anthology films. I never considered it before.

I also love just how much of a celebration of Halloween it was. Other than Season of the Witch, the actual Halloween movies just sort of felt like things that happened on Halloween. Like Friday the 13th (did they all actually take place on Friday the 13th? I can't even remember).

With Trick 'r Treat, you're practically swimming in it. Halloween parades, Halloween parties, trick-or-treating, costume shopping, monsters, poisoned candy, serial killers, the dead rising, the spirit of the holiday itself attacking people... I'm not even sure where to go with a sequel but I hope it involves ghosts.

Fuck, I should re-read the comic.

yeah im pretty sure none of the f13 took place on f13.....Though i do think almost all of them came out on a f13....either that or only one of them did...idk....either way its a stupid marketing thing. i love the movies, but its kinda pointless to do that

>You all know if it was titled "Season of the Witch"
No one would ever talk about the mediocre turd. It sucking has nothing to do with Michael Myers.

>did they all actually take place on Friday the 13th
Nah, the first 3 take place over a single week if I remember right.

Your opinion is shit.

Your taste is shit. Keep clinging to that delusion that people dislike this lump of shit because of the title.

The movie was boring as fuck. One scene can't make up the incredibly slow pacing and no scares. It's an extended Creepshow/Twilight Zone segment

Superb performance by Dan O'Herlihy, one of the great horror villain roles. Unfortunately buried beneath a lot of crappy performances (the lead is AWFUL) and a dumb plot that doesn't make sense no matter how much you try. Still: O'Herlihy, great soundtrack, cool ending, it's not a total loss.

>It's an extended Creepshow/Twilight Zone segment
Both of those shit all over Season of the Witch. This is like Goosebumps tier, or a bad episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?

>great soundtrack
All I can remember from the soundtrack is that ear-raping silver shamrock jingle.

Get to whackin

Get to whackin

Get to whackin

Heh, that aside, it's a real good example of Carpenter/Howarth electronica.

I felt that almost all the characters in season of the witch were unbelievable on every level
it is however my favourite Halloween movie

It's retarded and only praised by contrarians, but the atmosphere and soundtrack are both cool.

Whats funny is the real contrarians in this thread are the ones calling it shit.

>dude, people like this movie, that means I better dislike it so I can seem patrician

i havent really seen it, i was youngish and once i realized there was no michael i turned it off. Ima give it another chance this year and not be a closed minded asshole

Was going to say the same thing. Contrarian is a meaningless buzzword used to otherize anyone whose opinion is different. The hilariously retarded thing is it implies their opinion is the only correct one, so everyone else is just being "contrary". It's the same old reductive elitism that passes for analysis on this board.

It's routinely listed as amongst the worst of the Halloween series. The fact that some people have shitty taste and like it has no bearing on that.

Contrarian is a perfectly fine term. It's generally accepted that shit tastes bad and you assert that it tastes good you are being contrarian.

You have a very narrow view of film if u think a movie bad if it's unrealistic

>no u the post
Cred Forums everybody

There's the VHS and ABC's Of Death series. They kind of suck compared to Creepshow, Tales From The Crypt, or Trick 'R Treat though.

It's not that it's unrealistic. Tons of horror movies are unrealistic. Halloween III's plot is a mess.

You were able to explain it pretty well in a short paragraph

Fuck the haters.

hey bb, your dad's head just explode so you probably want to fuck right about now

Not even the same person.

Maybe you just have to really enjoy 80's movies to like it. Like I get off on the grittiness, the actors looks, the synth music, the wacky plot, the giant sets, no green screen.

Modern horror movies just don't have the same feel.

yeah i like that kinda stuff too so ill most likely get into it. I literally only gave this movie like 5 minutes and just stopped. and i was like 12 or 13 at the time

>2009+7
>CIA shills still active
I don't care if this ends up triggering the probably defunct "SHUT IT DOWN" protocol on a rare thread actually devoted to Halloween 3, I can't not bite this bait.
>film is literally an example of red pilled decades before red pill meme became a thing
>tackles the concept of Ahnenerbe-esque occult research and applied occultism still being alive and well. (Further made relevant with how important the fruits of Operation Paperclip had been to American life in the decades leading up to film)
>tackles the idea of privatized MK Ultra research also going strong. (Which given that most of MK Ultra research and experimentation was outsourced to private sector, it wasn't beyond the possibility at the time that there were still private firms seeking ways of monetizing the techniques and technology in play) youtube.com/watch?v=ZetWj4W4t1Q
>analogies of MK Ultra being key points in Silver Shamrock's machinations:
>children being utilized as mere tools to be used up and discarded/killed, much like the research into trauma & dissociative personalities, the cycle of trauma propagation from guardian to child, and remote/manual triggering of the alter personalities.
>killer androids in guise of people, an analogy of what the previous mentioned endeavor sought to fulfill

You may have turned Cred Forums into a joke with all the social engineering that lead to the retarded "HURR LET'S OCCUPY (insert target)" and the resultant influx of empty minded cancers and unending summer, but there are still people on this shitty Nigerian Pan Flute Trade and Repair Partyline that are still awake and illuminated.

Fuck you, your handlers, and the blood and honor you continually toll from the American people.

Fuck off Terry Davis

>people who don't agree with a select minority opinion are the true contrarians
You're a tard.

I bet you think "The Thing" is still unliked by the masses too granpa

>DUDE TRICK R' TREAT IS LIKE TOTES THE BEST HALLOWEEN MOVIE

>6 minutes in
>fucking made for tv tier "horror"

you guys really do have shit taste

I hated how clean Michael looked in this.

The mask looked odd and cheap, though I guess it being a literal dollar store Halloween version sorta makes sense

You are seriously delusional if you think liking Halloween III is at all a popular opinion. Especially compared to liking The Thing.

>why aren't horror movies realistic REEEEEEEE?

Diversify your bonds nigga

God you're retarded.

halloween 3 is full garbage

HAPPY HAPPY HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN
HAPPY HAPPY HALLOWEEN

>creepshow
>tales from the crypt
>any of the above mediocre
exit your shit taste life

watch southbound

i dont know if its because its 4am or what, but i have no idea what 99% of this you are talking about. did a quick google and mk ultra is mind control stuff looks like, so masks turning kids into bugs=mind control? or the fact that a tv signal sets off something in them? im real tired.

I wasn't calling Creepshow or Tales from the Crypt mediocre. I was saying Halloween III is. Creepshow and Tales from the Crypt have segments that vary in quality anyway. Learn about reading comprehension. Have sex. Hit the weights. Take a shower. Get a clue. Gain height.

The Alien 3 of Halloween movies.

Alien 3 is good

You said Alien 3 is good? Get that ass banned.

The assembly cut of Halloween III is a masterpiece

Halloween is a month away. What are good recent horror movies ?

You're Next
The Witch
It Follows
Blair Witch 2016

All versions of Halloween III are great

The first 4.5 are.