Holy fuck this was good. It's easily the best portrayal of mental illness I've ever seen...

Holy fuck this was good. It's easily the best portrayal of mental illness I've ever seen, though that's not really something I actively search for.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vT9chR8C1UI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm glad someone else enjoyed it as much as I do. It really deserves more recognition, especially considering how few people were involved in making it.

I've never seen a thread about it, though I will admit I am not a regular.

what is this tho

Nah, I think I've only seen one other person here mention it before.

Also, get out while you still can.

Its also one of the best movies about friendship

I'll say it's a horror movie. I went in knowing nothing beyond it looking like my thing.

garbage

>It's easily the best portrayal of mental illness I've ever seen
Wait for the docu about the Trump campaign

Just saw it too man i loved it. The phone call scenes scared the shit out of me

Also that asian girl could get it m8s

It was okay. It's pretty irrational when Cred Forums watches a decent movie for the first time and it's suddenly their favorite movie

Instead of being a cryptic faggot, why don't you tell us the name?

>you cant enjoy a film more than I did

are you fucking retarded?

No more than you, if you're still in this fucking shit thread

>the only thing stopping you from becoming Wyatt is the lack of hallucinations

shit-tier bantz

fucking moron

>title reads like a tagline
The most you can say about me is that I'm lazy

Wow realy mek m tink I'm now #MentallyHill

Thank you for correcting the record.

no, you're a retarded faggot who is also lazy

wtf i hate trump now

It's called "They Look Like People"

>he's still going

i saw this movie last week because someone here reccommended it. i have some problems with it. namely, its not realistic in any sense of the word. heres the issues (spoilers):
1. i work in the mental health field, so i cringe at a lot of these movies that try to portray schitzophrenic people. its not like being on acid ok? like when he sees peoples faces morphing and shit and turning into monsters, that does NOT happen. also the end, like hes about to pur acid on or chop hid friend up, and then all of a sudden he pulls the hood off and its like, omg im sorry bro! lets hug! i was just seeing things bro! it was all in my head man!. bull fucking shit. jesus how retarded. you dont just "snap out of it" like that. thats not how mental illness works, jesus.
2. so your friend reveals he has an axe, and he wants to tie you up, and he thinks your an evil monster. and the friend says, "ok i trust you man, go ahead. if thats what you want. lets do it!". i mean seriously? i dont care if your best friends, no way in hell would someone just go along with something that batshit crazy.

it's hipster shit. nothing to see here move along folks.

>hiding his embarrassment behind shit memes
lel

>pretending he doesn't cope in exactly the same way

Whew! That is some SERIOUS record-correcting!!!!!!!!11!1!!!1!!

I thought this movie was really amateurish. A lot of these no-budget indie horror movies should just be short films. I don't think it works at all as a horror film. There's never any plausible explanation presented about what's happening other than he's schizophrenic. There's no horror element there. The bit where he looks at the photo and sees a distorted monster face was creepy, but that was it. The movie doesn't take that path after that. Also, the part in the sound booth had the worst sound mixing I have ever heard in a commercially released film.

>like when he sees peoples faces morphing and shit and turning into monsters, that does NOT happen

Schizophrenia commonly includes hallucinations. The guy in this movie is obviously a paranoid schizophrenic and the two small bits with the morphing faces was obviously artistic license to depict his paranoia and delusions.

>bull fucking shit. jesus how retarded. you dont just "snap out of it"

The movie's about friendship. The end is trying to show the value of friendship and sticking by somebody. These two bros just have each other and the guy's insane paranoia makes his friend's camaraderie that much more potent. It's about the emotional punch. I thought the ending was pretty moving, honestly.

>no way in hell would someone just go along with something that batshit crazy

His friend was hopeless and possibly suicidal after losing his job. He mentioned wanting to kill himself before.

>Whew

>You get it but you don't act on it
Fuc

I had never even heard of this until this thread got posted. Just watched it.

There are some legitimately unsettling moments, mostly the dream sequences, and the friendship between the two main characters felt authentic, both of which made for the ending being as strong as it was, and maybe the best part of the movie.

But this probably could have been a short film. I get that it was slow paced, and I liked that, but there were several scenes that could have been cut entirely and nothing would have been lost.

But overall I enjoyed it, and I hope to see more from Perry Blackshear.

>like when he sees peoples faces morphing and shit and turning into monsters, that does NOT happen
Yes, that does happen. Just look it up, There is a rich history of delusions and hallucinations of the strongest kind. Paranoia and neurosis create a new reality.

>The phone call scenes scared the shit out of me
Why did he never check his phone for calls the next day? At least on the level of reason that would have given him a clue he is delusional.

Plebs fuck off. Stop posting, OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=vT9chR8C1UI

The Babadook for pretentious teenagers. It's become a meme itself.

"So obscure" "So underated" fuck off

Session 9 recommended.

I enjoy art gallery films, but that doesn't all films should be like that. Conventional films can have their own merits. OPs film works quite well at showing the trap of paranoia, that quickly adapts and defends itself against facts.

And you think there's value in that "showing"?