Anyone here wants to discuss the Misssing pieces from Fire walk with me?

Anyone here wants to discuss the Misssing pieces from Fire walk with me?

I'll start. I loved the longer take with Jeffries. I really think that should have been in the film. His disappearance makes more sense and is done in a better way in the extended scene. Also, more of Bowie is never bad.

What other scenes do you think absolutely should have been in the film?

That part is creepy as fuck

Why is she doing her Ledecky smile?

I don't understand why her creepy smile was cut out. It really works. Reminded me of Laura Dern in Inland empire

I think the scene near the ending with Leland coming home as Laura is leaving should definitely have been left in. One of the most unsettling moments in the film.
Also, the scene at the Hayward house with Doc consoling Laura.

As for the Jeffries scene, I'm really conflicted. I like the extended version but I also thought the scene was almost perfect the way it was edited in FWWM. The moment when the theme kicks in and Jeffries says "We live inside a dream" still gives me chills. I'm really glad both versions exist, and this scene is one of the main reasons I think none of the fan-edits work.

Anyone alive?

I can never make up my mind whether FWWM and the Missing Pieces should be separate or not. I love all of the scenes (except for the fight in the other town) in the Missing Pieces but that 3 1/2 fan edit was really bogged down, cause honestly there's no real reason for those isolated scenes with Truman, Josie et al. to be in there. But anyway.
The ones I feel shouldn't have been cut:
The Palmer family dinner
The scene in OP's pic
The scene with the Haywards that ends with the parents giving each other those knowing glances
The extra Teresa Banks scenes that further clarify why she was killed
Dr. Jacoby scene

And just for pure, personal fan service:
Nadine appearance (Since she's my favorite)
Ed and Norma listening to the radio (I prefer that sax rendition of the theme to the original)
The extra scenes of Dale in the Lodge
Annie at the hospital
Dale/BOB in the Great Northern

>The Palmer family dinner
>The scene in OP's pic
>The scene with the Haywards that ends with the parents giving each other those knowing glances
>The extra Teresa Banks scenes that further clarify why she was killed
>Dr. Jacoby scene
>The extra scenes of Dale in the Lodge
>Annie at the hospital

All of these MUST be in the film in my opinion and are completely necessary for making it a complete experience, been thinking about making a edit myself that includes them. Should i?

Go for it

Good on the whole, the overlong dear meadow fight scene and (as much as it pains me to admit it) Pete Martell and Josie scene were wise excisions. Tonal shifts are just too jarring and the threads don't go anywhere, unless I'm missing the point entirely. Bowie sequel hook might as well have been removed from the final cut entirely, even with the full scene it doesn't go anywhere for obvious reasons. Plus, we're already shown Agent Desmond disappearing, we don't need to see it happen to two different agents, we get the idea.

The Teresa Banks stuff is essential, how was that ever cut? Everything with Leland, too.

Interesting to see it all but underwhelming after having access to the full shooting script online for years and years.

>when someone talks about Judy

What sucks is Jeffries is rumoured to have had a huge part in S3 but now Bowies gone we dont know

i think Tim Roth will replace Bowie as jeffries

>Bowie sequel hook might as well have been removed from the final cut entirely, even with the full scene it doesn't go anywhere for obvious reasons.
Oh, for fuck's sake. It's one of the best scenes in the movie, and Twin Peaks as a whole. Besides, the whole Jeffries storyline is allegedly an important plot point in the revival. Curious to see how they'll handle it with Bowie gone.

I'll post it here if i get it done today and this thread is still up

>making a fan edit of a film
>if i get it done today
What? Okay, you know what, don't even bother. Just friendly advice.

Nigga it's just like 8 scenes. Are you saying it takes longer than 10 hours to do that? I'm not reediting the whole film. I have already read the script and know exactly where everything goes. There may be some problems with the background music and the like but that is easily fixable when i get there

>that is easily fixable when i get there
well good fucking luck, because no one's done a proper job so far.

I also want to add that the scenes are already edited, it's not like i am putting something new together. I'm just inserting them where they originally where in the script. I really don't see how this could not be done relatively quickly.

But maybe i'm wrong.

Just spam it in future Twin Peaks threads or something when you're done with it, I'll watch it out of curiosity.

i'll do that.

So Cooper was left in the black lodge while BOB took his body. We then see him permanently stuck there.

I think that the little boy/grandson is Leland Palmer's true self, still manifesting at the age when he first let BOB in. He wears the mask without eyes or mouth whenever real-world Leland is possessed, and has it off when he isn't.