Goblins are extremely clever and over the years have dealt with wizard-kind effectively...

>Goblins are extremely clever and over the years have dealt with wizard-kind effectively. They are still subservient in the minds of most wizards, but they have established themselves as a vital part of wizarding society. The goblins run Gringotts, the wizarding bank. Therefore, they control the wizarding economy to a large extent. It is unknown if Gringotts is the only bank in the wizarding world.

How the FUCK did Rowling get away with this??

Other urls found in this thread:

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Unforgivable_Curses
twitter.com/AnonBabble

she made up for it by going full social justice for the new book

That shit wasn't even a book, literally fanfiction

Are goblins supposed to be scary? they seem like pussies to me.

>rowling is poor and rightly hates the middle/upper class
>makes the middle class house (slytherin) to be evil
>she becomes a billionaire
>SLYTHERIN ISN'T ACTUALLY SO BAD GUISE

Fucking bitch

Just goes to show plebs are envious hypocrites.

Are there other examples of fantasy caricatures of Jews in movies?

White guys don't say that.

>middle class house
I thought slytherin was for rich kids

Are you saying there are no white people on Cred Forums?

>lmao words and terms mean different things in different parts of the world

LOL

>obsessed with gold
>constantly scheming and pitting people against one another
>Can't eat the best foods

How did Jackson get away with this?

>Taking Cred Forums posts as anything other than satire / jesting

kys brah

You don't say.

Literally what 99% of Cred Forums and /r9k/ is

Ferengi in Star Trek

How does the wizarding economy work? What the hell are the job prospects for graduating hogwarts? Everybody is either a teacher, works for the ministry, or a shop keeper. The last one would probably benefit going to a muggle school to learn math.

>defence against the dark arts
>there's an instagib spell that almost anyone can use, that's impossible to stop except for priori incantatem

Wizard battles would be way more interesting if this shit spell didn't exist.

It does not.

It's a fairy tale, where main selling point is a mystical atmosphere of england full of wizards.

Dude it's more like 105% with a 5% margin of error, let's be real.

All the forbidden spells are total bullshit. They are instant and simple, like a gun. Fourth book was when she really ran out of creative juice and she admits as much. If you didn't stop reading there then you're a pleb.

but dude you have to, like, really hate the other guy

Oy vey

Doesn't voldemorts snivelling assistant manage to do it to a random student he doesn't know who is in the way? At the end of Goblet of Fire

if the series made any sense I imagine that there'd be a lot of work related to enchanting and warding shit, very tedious work like running around the countryside maintaining spells that keep normies out of places where they get eaten, likely a lot of work mediating between various magical factions that want to consume one another. witches and wizards should ideally see themselves as occultists who balance the human world with the otherworldly (that's just the flavor I like in fiction, because it's a mild antidote to the MUH DESTINY shit), the "economy" should be less focused on commodities since everyone has a 3D printer in their pocket, and more concerned with preventing the world from imploding as the muggle world expands and magical wildlife gets more and more bloodthirsty.

whole series has problems like this though. there's some good stuff to work with but since it's a YA novel the writing one-ups itself in weird places. all the time. I'd be much more intimidated by a villain that focuses on transmogrifying people and torturing them to insanity rather than one who is SO EVIL YOU GUYS HIS KILL LAZERS ARE LIKE SOOOOOOOOO STRONG YOU WOULDn'T BELEVEEIT

No, but nu-males on Cred Forums do.

In 1999, the press were writing criticisms of racial insensitivity in The Phantom Menace. Asians, Steppin Fetchit, desert merchants and so on.
George Lucas digested all of that, processed it and then he gave Watto a tin yarmulke in the followup.

Pretty based, actually.

Fucking honestly it reads like something a middle school fan of Harry Potter would have come up with, not the person who actually wrote all the other books. How did that happen?

I always thought it was funny when Mad Eye demonstrated them in class and you just KNOW someone in class was thinking

>I bet the cruciatus curse on that cockblocking dickhead would get my message across

harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Unforgivable_Curses
>Kills the victim instantly (Avada Kedavra).
>Gives the victim excruciating pain (Crucio).
>Forces the victim to obey every command of the caster (Imperio).

Look at this shit. You could conquer to world with these spells, and they're simple enough for teenagers to learn. They also can't be blocked too! So every wizard battle is just who casts first? What the hell was she thinking

>So every wizard battle is just who casts first
there are plenty of defensive spells

>Goblins also control the erotic portraits that are widely distributed in wizarding society. However, this practice is wildly criticized by a small, but loud minority from the House of Slytherin, who claim that Goblins use erotic portraits of Witches and Mudbloods for the purposes of miscegenation.

WTF?

>You could conquer the world with these spells
The kid in class thinking was Voldemort

>The only known counter-spell is sacrificial protection, which uses the magic of love... The Killing Curse is an "unblockable" curse, thus Shield Charms won't defend against it. An explosion or green fire may result if the spell hits something other than a living target.

When Dumbledore is fighting Voldemort in the Ministry, Voldemort keeps hurling curses at Dumbledore and he blocks them all. You can be sure he'd have killed him if he could.

plus there's a real life equivalent of this, any kid can shoot a gun

BUT SHE'S SO PROGRESSIVE

Well then she was contradicting her own lore. When avada kedavra I was introduced they flat out say it's unblock able. Plus it's got a stupid name that just sounds like abra kadabra.

Have you seen Tolkien's description of the appearance of Orcs?

He describes them as Asian
Kek

MUDDIED

Romanian translation was abra cadabra.

Not been to Cred Forums recently I see?

Tolkien's books have a lot of racial underpinnings, but it's generally accepted, because it was normal at the time.

Have you?

>Voldemort keeps hurling curses at Dumbledore and he blocks them all

Avada kedavra seems to be something that requires time to cast, those I assumed were just random curses and hex's you can cast without actually using the words.

Oh, so that's from where the Strain got its Ancient props from

>Avada kedavra seems to be something that requires time to cast
what make you say that? And anyway even if it takes a couple seconds, why wouldn't Voldemort do it?

Satan (jews) confirmed

Yeah, the tabs open right now.

Harry would have wanted her to write about the Jews

Goblin Slayer is shit. Just read ShindoL if you want edge and exploitation. He at least doesn't have to pussy out for the sake of getting published.

Because he'd be vulnerable while he's casting it? That was my understanding anyway.

I always just thought you'd need to stun or otherwise incapacitate your opponent, at least for a second or two, in order to give yourself a window where you could cast the curse, since it's implied it requires a lot of effort to cast.

Sure it's unblockable but if you only get as far as 'Avada Ke-' before some cunt slaps a hex in your face, it's not going to do you any good.

Asians are hideous, you can totally understand why he described Orcs as having an Asian appearance

Well is he wrong?

>Plus it's got a stupid name that just sounds like abra kadabra.

That's the point

It does seem a little... on the nose.

I think she just stumbled in to it because she's a hack and it's a cliché though.

Wasn't he associating them with the mongol hordes? I forget now.

Are nigs when they blame da wite man for being poor as shit?

>“I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence. I much prefer history – true or feigned– with its varied applicability to the thought and experience of readers. I think that many confuse applicability with allegory, but the one resides in the freedom of the reader, and the other in the purposed domination of the author.”

>― J.R.R. Tolkien

I don't see him complaining about tfw no gf though, only that modern media is rife with interracial shit, which seems true enough to me

>le moderate kike in disguise
fuck off, I'm not voting for hillary

The mole from Rango

>implying harry potter isn't an allegory about a working class child getting a scholarship to a private school and succeeding because he's around people around him who are similarly gifted

It's the "grammar school mentality".

>tfw no good rule34 of that series

wat gives

Voting for Hillary is the sane plan. She'll have a shit run full of barely suppressed corruption which will push America over the tipping point into a craving for true conservatism, at which point Ted Cruz, armed with all of the delegates a politician could possibly muster will Cruz to a victory and put America on the path to sanity.

Trump winning would be a fantastic shock of pure spite into the hearts of some of the most unpleasant people in the world but at the same time I don't think he'd be a good thing for the country. In the long run 4 years of the she-lizard will be better for America.

P.S: Be sure to vote for Cruz's buddy Vermin Supreme in the senate to keep him on his toes. You can never have too many anarchists in your government.

*crickets*

Nice quote and all but it's not really relevant.

I hate people that copy and paste this whenever Tolkien is discussed in some vain attempt to have the final say. It's just a semantic quibble which, while interesting in itself to discuss, is by no means decisive in anything other than elucidating Tolkien's opinion on what he sees as a necessary distinction.

Should I watch all the Harry Potter movies again?

It's been so long I can barely remember a thing

Not to mention there wasn't a single non-jewish actor that played one of them

Inb4 "Perhaps the die was cast when"

He's complaining that the modern media is encouraging wimmin to sleep with blacks i.e. not him, not white guys.

It's '>tfw no gf ' and blaming it on an external force i.e. ((((mainstream media)))) rather than any personal failings he may, and probably does, since he's whinging about it on Cred Forums, have.

It's exactly the same as illiterate, aggressive, high-as-shit nigger claiming the reason he's not got a steady job is because the white man has got it in for him.

It's part of the human condition, always easier to blame shit on some external force that face the fact you might need to put some hard work in and grow as a person. Doesn't matter if you're white or black, the same impulse to shift the blame exists there.

Good goy, vote for Stein.

>Author says he's not using fantasy races as allegories for the real world's races
>DORFS R TOTALLY JEWS GUIZE!!!! ORC = AZNS AMIRITE

I wish people like you were executed when you failed high school rather than being allowed out into the world.

An allegory isn't a caricature

holy shit, cuckchan just memoryholed my post

LADS ALWAYS REMEMBER

NAME THE KIKE

It's not relevant because nobody was even specifically referring to the concept of allegory. Furthermore you've horribly misunderstood the Tolkien quotation and you're trying to use it for an end he didn't intend.

He only means to distinguish between authorial intent and the reader's interpretation, thereby distancing himself from whatever similarities with the real world and it's circumstances we may identify.

You're the moron.

Did you see the goblin woman in that new trailer?

I'd fug her.