+Ripley lone is xeno-super-human, i'm ok with that
+Wynona Ryder is cool

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dSIMFo7iU
youtube.com/watch?v=FF44YvDVP8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>- Pearlman is shit as always, alright

we are off to a great start in this thread

No director could've turned that script into a good movie. Absolutely no one. Jeunet should've told Fox "no" instead of shooting himself in the foot.

If this was released now it would get rave reviews

It's essential quipkino

This was my first Winona Ryder movie. I've had a crush on her ever since.

>- Pearlman is shit as always, alright
>+Wynona Ryder is cool

It'd be alright if it were a random monster movie. But it has no heart compared to the other Alien movies (including 3). In a way it's the first movie in the AvP series.

It's fun

This. Another fucking Whedon-caused disaster.

no seriously. Pearlman acts most time like some caricature, cartoon character.
Maybe that's why is his best role Hellboy.

I recognize it's right to exist. There are a handful of brilliant scenes (xenomorphs underwater) and I really like the hybrid gallery (I seem to be one of the few people who actually like this part)

The hybrid probably. Before the hybrid shows up, it's a decent flick with nice visuals.

Also, there was nowhere to go after Alien3. The xenomorph wasn't scary anymore, Aliens took care of that. Black comedy was the right way to go. Shame they got Whedon to write it though.

The hybrid gallery creeped me the fuck out. But it disgusted me instead of invoking fear. And any other scene didnĀ“t have anything that actually scared me. It was just meh action with some terribly gimmick characters. Not even sure why Winona Ryder being an android even mattered.

It felt too artsy.

Alien 4 does not exist

The raptor aliens do not exist

The alien that calls Ripley mummy and gets sucked out of a tiny hole comically into space does not exist

you are all making this up

You're fucking retarded. Kill yourself now

alien4 was the first alien movie i saw.

>Wynona Ryder
one strong woman just wasn't enough, right?

kill yourself faggot

>le ebin butthurt kissless permavirgin faggot triggered by woman autistic man

Aliens does not exist

The alien roadkill scenes does not exist

The huge boss fight at the end of the film does not exist

The annoying kid doesn't exist

The evil corporate henchman doesn't exist

The cheesy one-liner marines don't exist

you are all making this up

do you know where you are?

>INCEL and proud
KYS faggy kid

No, but I know why.

The plot was just too confusing.

>Pearlman
>shit
Pick one

>Wynona Ryder is cool

She is, but she's fucking terrible in AR and clearly well aware of what a train wreck she's participating in.

Too bad she didn't go hammy like Sig and Perlman. Those 2 knew what the fuck was up and acted accordingly, although Perlman should have limited his Jeunet duets to City of Lost Children.

I wasn't aware this movie even existed.

Xeno's in water was pretty cool.
Winona as an android was pretty cool.
Xeno's killing each other to burn through the floor was cool.

Then the rest was shit.

2/10

Alien 4 is a piece of shit, deal with it

You'll get no argument from me friendo

pretty much this.
Alien 4 was more respectful to alien than alienS was.

xeno-ripley with xeno-claws?

Hybrid was the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen and completely took me out of the movie, especially after the Ripley clone tour (which I actually liked)

You must see it as a fun 2nd degree stand alone. It's okay with some cool scene (underwater xeno for example).

The Ripley clones were a throwback to the deleted cocoon scene in Alien.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dSIMFo7iU

>mommy, i has become an ugly grey blob, also my bros are mere cgi puppets and my death is a comic relief.

this fucker, this fucker is what is wrong with the movie.
also the fact that ripley got turned into a generic cape shit tier action hero .

I like this hybrid. The screaming and all the gore this hybrid makes.

But as an part of Alien series... It's not good. Just like AvP2. Killing is all there is. And these monsters.

I have to admit, I HAD a problem with this movie, because it was stylistically so different from the first 3.

Then I realized, Alien Ressurection, stylistically, is much close to Alien Comics than the original trilogy.

So, with this in mind, if you view it as a side story of the main trilogy, it's actually a kinda good Alien movie.

I suggest everyone to try the same.

It feels all wrong, like a disgusting french art movie. Right from the very first scene. It's like Ripley was put into another universe.

>Ripleys nails in Resurrection

hnnngghhhh

there's more than two aliens?

sigourney weaver is so hot as ellen ripley god damn

technically theres 3
>the normal ones
>the weird hybrid
>the clone of ripley(has alien dna, acidic blood, sharp nails)

I liked it. I had fun with its whacky, over-the-top style. The clone lab scene and the underwater chase were harrowing and Sigourney Weaver looked incredibly hot for being almost 50, dressed in tight leather. Not to mention the chestburster through the villain's head scene.

How about a new Alien sequel (5th?) with K-Stew as (clone)Ripley?

The robot girl was a cutie

Why not moot?

Did anyone read the three novels? They were pretty shit, all I remember is some talk about hydraulic dicks

no no there's a point here.
K-Stew has her looks, and she doesn't need to stretch her acting chops. Ripley is a pretty straight forward tight lipped type of character.
So not bad.

She was a robot m8

you forgot Ripley cloning room m8

2 > 1 > 4 >>>>powergap>>>> 3 desu

h-hi

They did some other books.

Like sea of sorrows and the rage trilogy where predators fight along side humans to beat aliens controlled by other humans.

Maybe it's because I've only seen the director's cut of Alien3, but it boggles my mind that people rank it below 2 and 4. How can anyone prefer a dumb action movie with joke characters and one liners to a serious movie about a single xenomorph picking people off on a prison planet?

>single xenomorph picking people off on a prison planet?

That's the thing. Aliens has shown how easily can the xenomorph be killed. Just because the guys in the colony don't have the right equipment doesn't mean the xenomoprh is threatening.

3 highlighted what an excellent natural predator they are, an aspect 2 had almost entirely ruined with its lowbrow BIG EBIN SPESH MAREEN GUNDS :DDDD garbage

>easily can the xenomorph be killed

Yep, that's why le epic space marines got BTFO.

Half of them got killed in the initial confrontation and the rest would have died if not for Ripley in the APC.

They weren't able to secure an exit strategy and only survived because the compound ended up exploding because the first dropship crashed into the reactor cooling system.

Three's director's cut is far superior to Resurrection, but Aliens is still pretty fucking great and miles better than the last two, even if it switches survivor horror for more action oriented story.

Certifiably cool:
Submerged kitchen scene
Aliens killing each other to escape
Ripley is badass
Hybrid baby is terrifying
Excellent art design throughout

Campy but acceptable:
Chestburster used as killing device
Quippy meme pirates
Le evil scientist meme

Annoying:
Pulling your brain out the back of your head
Cgi grenade
Ricochet bullet shot, and stupid-slow bullets that show up on film as tiny meteors

Alien as a franchise was already ruined by 3, so creative license doesn't bother me. At least this film doesn't take place in someone's drab, depressing basement like the third one.

>So... why the hate for Alien 4 ?

Watch Alien Resurrection. Then watch Alien. Then watch Alien Resurrection again.

Try not to hate it after that.

:3

Another underrated aspect of AR: John Frizzell's room-shaking, cold-blooded score, especially the thunderous crescendos when Ripley meets clones 1-7. Certainly the best piece of music in the Alien series.

I have and I still don't hate it because they're both so different in so many ways, it's an apples and oranges comparison.

awww i wanna pet her pussy too

I love this movie. 1>4>5>3>2

Thank you, everyone always gushes over Winona but she was fucking shit.

No offense, but I noticed the people who hate Alien 4 the most seem to take it too seriously - as opposed to kicking back and enjoying it for the whacky, nutty, ultraviolent ride it is.

I thought the xenomorphs looked good and the babby was legit scary but the movie is objectively shit

YOU JUST KNOW

>Alien & Alien 3
>only one xeno, slow burning character based subtle horror
>Aliens & Resurrection
>ALRIGHT TIME TO BRING OUT THE ROCKET LAUNCHERS HOW ABOUT SOME EXPLOSIONS WE GOT A WHOLE CREW AND DOZENS OF XENOS LET'S BLOW SOME SHIT UP!
I guess Covenant will be great, let's appreciate it before ALIEN 6 by Michael Bay oe James Cameron comes out

The Joss Whedon script is terrible, horrible quippy dialogue, the typical Whedon "team dynamic", all of his favorite types within the group. His work is very predictable and uninspiring.

>team dynamic
you mean proto-Firefly

Say what you want about 4, the Newborn is some fucked up shit.

lost..

"There's a monster in your chest. These guys hijacked your ship and sold your cryo-tube to this....human. And he put an alien inside of you. It's a really nasty one. And in a few hours it's going to burst out your ribcage, and you're gonna die........any questions?"

God that pause before the "human" is atrocious. Cringey levels of tryhard edgy "cool badass".

Pearlman was great and I couldn't stop jerking off to Ryder every time she was on screen.

Remember kids, don't break character until the DVD commentary.

youtube.com/watch?v=FF44YvDVP8Y

>ywn a young siggy

Why? Because while Ripley was always a strong female lead, it was never this fucking ham fisted in the other movies.

In this it wen't full fucking retard and that fucking hybrid was a terrible idea.

I can't even remember what cunt directed this, but its obvious their an SJW, even before the term SJW was a fucking thing.

I enjoyed Alien Resurrection, but I never really liked how they designed the xenos to move and work like raptors from Jurassic Park. I guess it was a 90s thing. Also the CGI was kinda horrible, but the animatronics were good as ever.

I actually enjoy all of the Alien movies. Even the first AvP movie and Prometheus were watchable, but goddamn do I hate AvP Requiem.

>knew a girl who looked just like Sigourney Weaver, except she had blond hair
>never made a move on her
>kept stalking her on her social media accounts for years
>watched as she slowly turned into SJW because she was lonely and bitter because she never had a bf
>I could had saved her, but now she's living in another city
>tfw no Ellen Ripley look alike gf

Eh, I like it. Looks crazy pretty, and has action. Fuck off.

I think I only liked it because I was a teenager that wanted to spill seed inside of Wynona

Sigourney Weaver still looked better than Wynona Ryder

I'm shocked to say I agree with this.

Because it's just another Joss Whedon effort with a superpowered kung go woman and retarded quips. Shit wore thin awhile ago

Correct.