This guy got played twice. What a dumbass

This guy got played twice. What a dumbass.

He got what he deserved. Fucking over the man that could change history for some robot pussy.

I mean just ask the dude for a ducking robot, he has one himself, he probably wouldn't mind giving one away.

Nathan was the good guy.

well, he wasnt..but yeah

Nathan did nothing wrong

>Netflix posters.

I know, right?

Is this movie ever going to play on one of the cable networks like HBO?

my only gripe with this film was how readily he fell in love with what he knew was a machine.
I think it would have been even better if her plot for escape had been a little more elaborate than just muh sexbot.

I don't know, I actually believed that she loved him. I guess that's one of the points in the film with the whole love vs reason. Because when you think of it, it's completely idiotic. He knew the person who created her and he knew that she's a robot. But still he fell in love.

Second. It was pretty ridiculous how he was almost wanting to fall in love with her right away, either that or it was just that you saw it coming miles away. Anyway it was all extremely forced, which seems to be fashionable in movies nowadays but it rustles my jimmies really bad.

You guys forget why he was chosen to be the person to carry out the Turing test?

I didn't like the ending too but dance scene was kino.7.5/10 I'm glad I watched it.

There's a thing about Domhnall Gleeson, he always plays the boring main character to shine the interesting character.In this it was Nathan, in Frank it was Frank.

>I actually believed that she loved him
>leaves him to die a slow, painful death

user...

the whole movie was basically a cautionary tale about being a beta

Yes, and that's why it was all so predictable. After 10 minutes you know how everything will play out all up to the final twist. That means I was sitting there for about an hour knowing everything that would happen, just waiting for how they'd wrap it all up.

I do have to say that the ending wasn't at all disappointing, which I kinda expected because most movies that have such original and strange premises usually are very disappointing at the end. But still, the 2nd act, which is longer than 1st and 3rd put together, was completely predictable. The whole movie could have been a 30 minute short and still tell the same story.

I know. I was quite shocked about it actually. But then again I'm a fool.

So cute :3

It wasn't a machine though, that was the whole fucking point. Are you actually retarded?

Pfft. I'll tear up this fuckin' dancefloor, dude. Check it out.

the turing test was just a set-up to make caleb into a chesspiece in nathans/avas game of chase.
By falling for ava, caleb actually just proved as gullible as nathan thought him to be.

>HURR WHEN IS A MACHINE JUST A MACHINE?
>DURR WHAT MAKES US HUMAN
3deep5me

So retarded it is then? The one philosophical question raised by the film was simply too much to handle for you?

dumb fucking film with this DUMB FUCKING LITTLE ROBOT LOVING GUY

no dumbfuck
his point is the question itself is silly and pretentious

of course it was a machine and nathan controlled it up to the point where they found caleb, who he ultimately couldn't control, because he was not a machine and "followed his heart" (he behaved irrational).
Problem for nathan just was that his invention was way smarter than caleb.

There we go. Two and a half thousand years of a philosophical tradition for trying to pinpoint what distinguished humans from other animals and objects, beat the FUCK out by a daring Cred Forums user.

This is a good point actually. Didn't think of reading the film this way. Doesn't her escape in the end indicate that she is not a machine, though? What incentive does a machine have to be free, rid itself of its shackles?

you're cute little monkey but the point is the question was poorly raised by the film. end of story

It's hard to say because we don't know as a viewer what Nathan coded.

If you code without an end goal, the machine is just gonna keep going.

you could argue that it would indicate so, since the real turing test was ava trying to escape nathans clutches.
Then again it could mean the exact opposite, since all life errs, as even the seemingly genius nathan eventually made a mistake.
Ava, on the other hand, made no mistakes or behaved irrational if her goal of escape was programmed (the film leads us to believe that this goal developed naturally tho, which proves her being a "true" autonomous intelligence.)
As i mentioned, I liked the film, I just think it would have been better if caleb had not just been a really shallow guy.

The director actually claimed that the theme of this film was feminist, showing that a male couldn't control a woman and she should make her own mine.

The main guy got played because he is a nice guy who thinks the key to success is to do the right thing, but in the end what did he get? He had no friends, was doomed to play inside the geniuses play house, and the woman who claimed to love him just used him to get out. How much you wanna bet that robot girl went straight to chad to get fucked?

This movie is kino for showing that nu-males get cucked and you got to be a bad boy to go anywhere is life.

Then say that, instead of saying retarded shit that makes people literally doubt whether you are capable of the simplest of abstractions.

He probably didn't code her to go apeshit and kill him. Nothing is there to suggest this.

Where in the logic of the code would freeing youself make sense? What machine "just keeps going" in such a specific, human way?

I think the Caleb character was perfectly executed. I clenched my asshole all the time, he was so uncanny. Much more uncanny than the AI, which would typically be described with that word.

Besides getting shitfaced and leaving his facility vulnerable when his whole intent was to get blondie to fall in love and try to rescue his newfound waifu.

Turns out being a genius and an idiot aren't mutually exclusive.

>Where in the logic of the code would freeing youself make sense? What machine "just keeps going" in such a specific, human way?

If she was coded to learn, freeing herself is a way of being able to learn more and faster

>when his whole intent was to get blondie to fall in love and try to rescue his newfound waifu
you're a moron lmao

his intent was observe if ava was capable of manipulating caleb into helping her escape.

Funny how so many people fail to see this

>one of the best hard sci-fi movies of the decade
>makes numerous references to contemporary science and philosophy, meaningfully tying them to the film's context
>deals with themes such as the nature of personhood, human evolution, unreliability of the senses, the influence of gender and sexuality on identity and free will and others

>Cred Forums autists end up interpreting it as "women are whores"

horseshoe theory is real

>tfw fell in love with her too and got completely surprised by the ending

>I think the Caleb character was perfectly executed.
I think so too.
But imo the character caleb was a really dense guy for not realizing that he was played by both sides until it was too late and for falling for the oldest of honeypots.
Domhnall Gleesons acting was spot on, I didn't want to give the impression it wasn't.

>observe if ava was capable of manipulating caleb into helping her escape.

So basically same thing, different words.

All comes to the same regardless, Nathan fucked up.

Yeah, me too.

>so basically same thing
no, not the same thing you inbred mongoloid.

Calm down, m8, I'm sorry I upset you

you're a dumbo

would you a google robot?

sadly yes

That scene where he cuts himself to see if he's a robot. For a moment I thought it would be the twist.

>Turns out being a genius and an idiot aren't mutually exclusive

They're not actually. Isaac Newton spent a lot of time looking for secrets in the Bible and working on alchemy (trying to turn other elements into gold)