Paramount to take a 70 million dollar write-down on Star Trek Beyond

>Paramount to take a 70 million dollar write-down on Star Trek Beyond

Guess the Trek universe is over

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tvq3y8BhZ2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now just make it a niche TV series for nerds please.

Watched it tuther day and it was fucking garbage to be fair. Far too light-hearted and jokey. Maybe they're trying to Marvelize that shit.

Good. I don't know what they were thinking trying to remake it for normies, they should have realised normies won't keep coming back for infinite sequels.

I don't know what that means. Enlighten me.

i liked it.

at least it had more schlock like the older movies.

Spock was fucking useless as was sulu and basically the rest of the crew except for kirk and jayla n scotty

7/10 solid effort but needed work the other characters basically had nothing to do

10/10 music beasty boys

>Far too light-hearted and jokey
so actually fun?

>Star Trek loses money
>Lady Ghostbusters loses money
>Ninja Turtles 2 made 50% less than the first

Its been a good year, garbage should lose money.

A write-down is when you adjust your estimates of the value of property down because it performed more badly than expected.

In this case it means investors get less money than they expected, which was obvious anyway from the fact that it made a massive loss, and if Paramount were to sell the Star Trek movie franchise to another studio they'd get less money for it as a whole.

That's a shame, it was probably the best of the reboot films

>RREEEEEEEEEEEE STOP TELLING JOKES
>MOVIES SHOULD BE MATURE AND SERIOUS FOR MATURE AND SERIOUS ADULTS LIKE MYSELF

Shame, thank you.

I liked Beyond. It was far from perfect but it was fun all around.

but suicide squad made lots of money

Nice shitpost bro, you sure showed him.

It was too jokey for something billed as a serious movie in a serious franchise where billions die and sad and terrible things happen.

Jokey works when done properly, like The Voyager Home, but in this it was just a tonal mess.

>It was too jokey for something billed as a serious movie
It wasn't billed as a serious movie, you fucking autist. It's just another big, dumb, loud action movie. Stick to your heavy handed DCuck shit, faggot. It appeals to your high school-tier mentality

>action movie
Since when did action movie mean comedy movie? This doesn't look like the trailer for a comedy

youtube.com/watch?v=Tvq3y8BhZ2s

>Stick to your heavy handed DCuck shit, faggot. It appeals to your high school-tier mentality
Why are you so mad and projecting so hard? Why did you bring comic book movies into this? They're shit too.

I have never wanted to throttle someone as much as you user. Good job.

>Star Trek loses money

Good to see you didn't even actually watch the movie. Its best one in fucking decades.

why do aliens blow up when they hear beastie boys?

I just watched it today too, had to watch Wrath of Khan to get the bad taste out

It actually felt like Star Trek instead of 1 and 2.

>If you saw the movie, you'd know it made a profit
What did you mean by this?

He said it losing money was a good thing. Its actually a good movie and doesn't deserve to lose it.

Read what post im quoting before posting next time.

I'm pleased the studio is punished for making such a dull, unadventurous, stale pastiche of a movie. Everything about it is so boring and by-the-numbers

>in this scene we show that Kirk and McCoy are good friends. Mmm, nice brandy. Yes I enjoyed the taste too, old friend.

>In this scene we show that Spock is not gay. Here is his girlfriend, she is angry. Insert McCoy joke to show the nature of the relationship

>We will use a voiceover to explain what life on a starship is like because I do not have the directorial skill to elicit naturally indicative behaviours from the cast

>Note the wedding ring on Sulu's finger in this shot. This will be important later. Now see him meet his partner. Surprise, it's a man! To prove they are actually a gay couple, watch them hug. No kissing though, that would be gross

>Ignoring character moments and internal struggles which is the heart of star trek.
>Good action and practical sets.

Fucking cancer.

>Guess the Trek universe is over

End a fifty year old franchise over one weak performance? Nah, the brand's longevity ensures that they'll never give up on it. Worst that happens is Paramount folds and CBS assumes total control of the franchise.

This

Also Scotty was so fucking terrible and unfunny, and he had like 30% of the screentime

I think that Simon Pegg understands Star Trek and really tried to do it justice. He did better than the last movie. He's just not a good sci-fi writer and not a good serious actor. He should stick to what he does good, campy comedy.

Good. Trek 2009 took the franchise out behind a shed and executed it.

That sucks. I kind of feel bad for Simon Pegg now. Maybe he'll finally reunite with Frost and Weight and start making proper kino again.

Feels bad, man. I love Space Adventure flicks. I guess I gotta hope GotG2 and nu-Star Wars aren't shit.

>Star Trek Into Darkness
>a non-stop action capeshit/spy thriller style flick with Star Trek in the title only with a cold, metallic feeling (that blue filter doesn't help) and the moral of story is to punch your enemies to death makes a gorillion dollars, directed by JJ Abrams

>Star Trek Beyond
>a more traditional Star Trek story about the crew having to work together as a family to overcome obstacles and meet crazy ayylmaos makes nothing compared to ID, directed by Justin Lin

Too bad, I loved Beyond.

Honestly, Into Darkness already killed the franchise. You can't blame Beyond for that turd.

Beyond was ok, but it was basically Insurrection level of Star Trek. A great episode but not really a movie.

Can Star Trek Discovery save the franchise?

I'm watching Beyond right now. What the fuck is up with Sylar? He's got a puffy face and a bit of a gut

I laughed at them subtly shoehorning in Sulu being gay and having gaybe but doing it in a way that wouldn't be noticed on the international market. Then I got legitimately mad when it ended with 'to boldly go where no-one has gone before' instead of no man.

Also the movie plot fails considering we didn't see the Earth-Romulan war.

I love star trek to my core. I always will. But I have a terrible feeling you maybe right. What a sad day that will be when the stories stop being told in that universe.

>Paramount to take a 70 million dollar write-down on Star Trek Beyond
the fuck is a write-down?

>legitimately mad when it ended with 'to boldly go where no-one has gone before' instead of no man.
Like it in undiscovered country and TNG?

>Its best one in fucking decades.

That isn't saying much but I admit it is probably true given TNG movies.

They crashed into one another. The perfect close-formation was handled by collective signal.

Why they flew in such close formation I couldn't tell you.

These maps legitimately don't make sense even accounting for the fact that a coherent geopolitical landscape was never followed. How are the Klingons supposed to attack Cardassia for instance and why has the federation pushed so close to the homeworlds of every power in the quadrant.

It might have worked in early TNG when even the Klingon empire was somehow part of the federation but there was also dialogue about the federation only having like 13 worlds.

I fell asleep watching it in theaters because it was just so generic.

read the thread, pakled