Film confessions thread

Film confessions thread

>I'm a complete pleb

We all are op, don't let anyone tell you differently

These are the movies on IMDb's top 250 list I've started watching, but for one reason or another, haven't finished.

>Pulp Fiction
>Fight Club
>One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
>Goodfellas
>The Usual Suspects
>Wall-E
>Das Boot
>Amélie
>Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
>Scarface
>Blade Runner
>Fargo
>How to Train Your Dragon
>The Sixth Sense
>Into the Wild
>Gone Girl
>Platoon
>Shutter Island
>Million Dollar Baby
>The Martian

I feel like such a pleb.

I am more entertain and enjoy watching more art films than regular movies

>that feelio

you should. those are hardly difficult or dense films. I mean you seriously couldn't finish How To Train Your Dragon?

go finish goodfellas, pulp fiction and blade runner. Cred Forums will call reddit but really they're mandatory watching

Why would you ever stop a film after starting it? I have literally never done that a single time in my life

what the fuck do you watch then? cause that is complete pleb shit of a list

>where the characters don't talk like real people
I am 100% sure this is wrong since it would mean you watch Cinéma vérité only. Somehow I think you just forgot how normal people (outside of your room) talk.

I've never seen Citizen Kane, and I don't intend to either.

I've never seen Avatar, and I don't intend to either.

this fucking insecure, holy shit kys already

I genuinely believe films should be entertainment first and art second, and that there's nothing wrong with "turn your brain off" movies

Your honesty offends me.
The only movie I've walked out on was Star Wars 2. It pissed me off, so I had to walk out.

You should at least finish Das Boot and Blade Runner.

i hated Citizen Kane

>guardians of the galaxy ended up being one of my favorite movies
>I actually liked star wars episode 7 despite the plot being a rehash

Because it's boring and there's other shit I could do instead of wasting my time on a boring ass movie?

I think Andrei Tarkovsky is overrated and hes only praised by pseudo-intellectuals to try and appear "patrician".

I unironically think DC movies are far superior to Marvel's and I'm the most patrician guy posting in this intellectual wasteland

The problem isn't turn off your brain movies.
It's movies that have to explain everything and have everything occur within our reality.

Shutter Island, Amelie and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest are the only films on that list worth watching. It reminds me of what garbage the IMDB top 250 is.

I think Un Chien Andalou is absolute dogshit and Eraserhead is superior surrealism

That's a fucking shitty list
Holy fuck

I've never seen The Godfather

About 70% of the films that I recommend to anons on Cred Forums I haven't even watched and only know about them from searching on lists on mubi
I used to copy the thoughts and analyses of others on the mubi forums before they were shut down and pass it off as my own on Cred Forums

>shutter island
>good
I knew how it was going to end when they were on the boat. You need to watch more kino

I do this with maybe 10% of my recommendations, but they are films that are on my "to watch" list and I'm almost completely certain I will love

But this is true

I'll admit I didn't get it as quickly as you, but yeah, the twist is rather predictable. That doesn't stop it from being a good film though. It's certainly much better than the likes of The Martian, Scaraface, and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

I just post him because I want to fuck his ass

I hate his fucking face
I want to fuck him too and I think Laurence Anyways is a masterpiece

Films don't need to convey some sort of message to be good, read a fucking book if you want that.

Me neither bro

>dat mads face like "this fag for real?"

You've failed the pleb test. Please leave this board and never return.

i think eraserhead is the drivel of a madman.
i never was so bored while watching a film and ask myself to this day how i managed to stay awake while watching.

Objectively wrong though