That can't be real

>hehe

HOLY SHIT IS THIS REAL?

Dramatic bazooka nigga

> she survives

I see nothing wrong with that scene.

Reminds me of this

youtu.be/MRB6u3xq9nA

I think it's funny how they used that Brazilian lady to play a Cuban.

You're the reason television is ruined.

>expecting anything else from a series based on a childrens picture book

Holy shit, reminds me of the flying truck in Age of ultron but better

What the fuck is with those musical choices? I mean I knew Marvel cape shit was terrible but this is another level.

the music is one of the saving graces desu

Did they find some 90's CGI packet in an archive somewhere?

>That fucking bazooka overlay
>That fucking rocket
>That fucking explosion

Oh, Is it supposed to be a campy piece of shit? Well by all means, this is a classic!

I personally think shit like this is an intentional call out to Blaxploitation flicks, which had tons of cheesy shit like this. the music is a queue here, although they should have gone more over the top with the music and the cheesy acting to make it clear to the audience that it is self satire.

god damnit i always forget the nigger with the mustache's name. i refuse to look it up.

do you know what a saving grace is?

also what said.

Great niggerkino tbqh, I'm enjoying it a lot so far

>not knowing what blaxploitation is

who cares he's a nigger

yeah, i was thinking this as well

It's an intentional call out to blaxploitation comics, specifically Luke Cage: Power Man.

It's fucking great

Who is everyone's favorite nigga?
Mine is Turk

so luke cage the tv series had little callouts to luke cage the comic? christ on a cracker

was there any iron fist namedropping or cameo or anything in s1?

complaining about cgi on tv shows is useless, they don't have the luxury of time and budget that movies have

none

well yeah? the television series is based on it ya dingus.

youtu.be/CrfTySAnlF4

Gotham did it first. And better

>Golden age of tv
>ruined
Go back to watching your shitty black and white sitcoms grandpa

a Cred Forumsfag found this easter egg

i knew he was missing something. luke needs an unbuttoned silk shirt, tight leather pants and a metal headband.

Luke Cage is fucking fantastic. All the idiot millennial types really just don't "get it" for the most part. The OP scene had me laughing my ass off half way through the credits. Most probably aren't even aware of all the subtle jabs at niggers made by black men. It's one of those shows with two defining layers that can attract audiences for very different reasons.

damn thanks for pointing that out I never would have realised.

i think you were on the verge of realizing it yourself, but you're welcome.

I sometimes can't tell if the cheesiness of this show is a stylistic choice or just bad writing (and either way, there is a lot of bad writing) but I genuinely think it makes the show better. Feels very much like blaxploitation, especially with that score.

>You just don't get it dude my capeshit is truly genius

glad to be of help to those of lesser intelligence

That's part of the point that idiots like you don't get. It's not trying to be "capeshit" which is why I actually like it.

yeah its just regular shit

PULL THE TRIGGA NIGGA

>that black kid with the flat top points a gun at Luke Cage's head
>"What you doin hee nigga"

This was the moment I stopped watching, the terrible acting fucking slew me.

>using the buzzword capeshit
Oh, this isn't Reddit friend! I think you got a bit lost on the internet!

I think it should have way more moments like that, because overall it's pretty boring except for those parts.

>but no really really, you just don't get it for real as evidenced by me saying so!

>using the buzzword reddit
Oh, this isn't 9gag friend! I think you got a bit lost on the internet!

Forgoing that, the bazooka overlay was horrendous.

How come Claire only removed shrapnel from the first bullet while he was getting fried?

BIG

Meaty?

He had all of those

Thats because it was a Chinese bazooka. You get what you pay for brother

>using the buzzword internet

cys

CLAWS

the other one went clean through

Nah
It would have damaged the truck

BRAVO MARVEL

Did they use all their budget on narcos season 2? that explosion looks terrible

it's not a stylistic choice, it's just bad writing, bad direction, and bad acting.

that confused me too. i don't remember them saying it went clean through, maybe i missed it. if it went clean through shouldn't it have gone into whatever was behind him and exploded? considering that's what the bullet does?

Oh, the Marvel defence force has arrived!

>I loved you like a brother

>You are brotha nigga

so how many shekkels do you think marvel spent to get the good reviews from critics?

id say about $10m in total

more importantly where are the interracial breeding scenes? I was highly disappointed

>I havent seen the show

fucking this

im sorry, i tried watching this, I got halfway through the episode, but it was so bad I had to stop -- I'm sorry

*first episode I mean

>shades: we need to talk... *dramatically walk up to camera and look down* alone.

So corny.

Stokes piano sessions were comfy though

fuck you I liked it

it was campy as fuck for sure, all capeshit comics are.

That is what happens when you get nigger writers.

this

Turk is great

How THE FUCK does marvel get so many people to watch utter garbage? What is their secret?

>it's not a stylistic choice, it's just bad writing, bad direction, and bad acting.

you are a silly person

someone needs to count how many times he took off his shades and the camera zoomed in on his face

they hyped that fucker up for episodes and it turns out he was a little bitch

How many DC shows are being released an entire season at a time with hour long episodes on a streaming device that nearly everyone has access to?

>it was supposed to be shit!!

No. He was calm, loyal and calculist. He was the smartest bad guy.

just finished episode 3, bazooka was funny, but pretty boring show so far for the most part

that's harsh man, it's not utter garbage.

marvel netflix is sort of almost above average tier.

still doesn't excuse being beat up by a fucking nurse and a womyn cop with 1 usable arm

Why are white BOYS so scared of black men? All the hate this show gets is from tiny dicked white virgins angry their women prefer the BBC.

Best line

Is Harlem still really 95% black?

There were literally 3 white people in this entire season

>corrupt policeman
>corrupt guard
>evil scientist

>crispus attucks is considered a hero to black people

>Over fifty Bostonians pressed around White, led by a mixed-race runaway slave named Crispus Attucks, throwing objects at the sentry and challenging him to fire his weapon

they havent changed much, have they?

what happend to you remy, you used to be cool

bit of an overreaction, sure

because you retards cant tell yet that it doesn't take itself as seriously as JJ or daredevil, they are very much parodying blaxploitation media, hell, I thought it'd be obvious when they mocked his old outfit.

>Stokes' death

lmao wtf that was such a random of a death for him

>comic book show does comic book things

It was a good scene

lmao holy shit

if you think this show is trying to be a satire or parody you are fucking ignorant.

why?

it takes itself far, far too seriously to be a satire or parody. every single thing about the show is completely off if that's what it was trying to be.

it's not a satire or parody. at all.

Not him but: there's a difference between homage and satire/parody. Luke Cage isn't making fun of 70s black-oriented TV/movies, it's emulating aspects of their style.

>it takes itself far, far too seriously to be a satire or parody. every single thing about the show is completely off if that's what it was trying to be.
>it's not a satire or parody. at all.
examples? Just because it's not in your face doesn't mean that's not what it is.

My god this is shit

nah its mostly white hipsters now

Was that music added in by someone or is that the real soundtrack? I half expected Meteor Man to fly in.

>examples

the entire show....

you do know what satire and parody are, right?

exactly, but it's clearly not taking itself as seriously when it does it, so people are still retarded for going "Wow, why is this allowed guys????"

so nothing specific to actually back up your claim? Shouldn't it be easy to point out if it's the entire show? Yeah fuck off back to the youtube comments section.

You all give this show shit, but in reality you are all paying for it by talking about it.
I think you secretly love it.
I love it. Openly.

I was expecting some reveal about the guy having powers but it never came.

I watched the shit out of that movie when I was a kid.

Did I ever fucking say the entire show was satire/parody? No, I just said moments of it do, I've been able to back up what I've said by pointing to specific moments, you meanwhile can't even point out a single piece of evidence to support your claim.

so it has a few jokes, so now it's a satire/parody?

yea you really don't know what you're talking about

>so it has a few jokes, so now it's a satire/parody?
I never said it was a satire/parody, just moments are, read nigger, READ!

tfw you know its actually going to be worse than Suicide Squad

>feel like all the marvel/dc shows/movies are starting to get shittier and shittier
friends: no this one is ACTUALLY good!
>watch it
>same shit
>luke cage releases
friend: no this one is ACTUALLY good
>see this clip

its supposed to be a campy as fuck blaxploitation superhero, how can you not love this shit.

>doesn't do campy well
>doesn't do drama well
>actors are all complete ass, probably the worst lot of actors on any marvel tv show or movie
>the action scenes are the same thing over and over
>really bad dialogue, and not in a so-bad-it's-good way

3/10 absolute shit bravo marvel

Which parts are satire/parody.

How come the waitress didn't recognize Cage while passing him on the stairs?

Why is nige so smug, bros?

Out of interest, do you also post about BvS being kino?

>Golden age of tv
wow, let me guess what those golden shows are: a bunch of capeshit for toddlers, breaking bad and mad men? kill yourself you puke fuck

>mfw my friend said he though tthe weird random soundtrack choices sounded like a ripoff of kill bill

IT'S NOT A RIPOFF IT'S A HOMAGE

I no rite fucking kids don't get it. they didn't even get all the deep symbolism and themes in batman vs superman. fucking plebs lmao

no, havent even watched it because snyder is a manchild

>bad guy doesn't even try to run and kill the 3 guys
>doesn't even try to run at the penguin
>doesn't even try to dodge the bazooka

>a rip off of a rip off

Your friends are memeing right?

are you suggesting luke cage is a parody that's poorly made on purpose ala black dynamite? because that is hilarious and a testament to the current state of tv standards and the literal retards who watch it. l. m. a. o. s. m. d. h.

>television
>he still watches the electric jew

because its a fucking awful, cheap, amateur piece of trash. the fact that it emulates some elements of blaxploitation is irrelevent. it wants to be stylish, but it's comical.

no my friend wasn't memeing. he had never heard of blaxploitation.

I don't have any friends I just posted it for funs

>Goodnight fellas

God I love butch after he got cucked.

By far the worst Marvel show I've seen
DD season 1 > DD season 2 (1-4) > JJ > DD season 2 (5-13) >>>>>>>> Luke Cage
Hopefully Iron Fist will be cool and The Defenders too. I'm hyped for Punisher

well, that's what this show is, it was created by a complete amateur

imdb.com/name/nm1854539/

he's a fucking music journalist that somehow managed to get writing gigs. really obvious too, considering the music is the only half decent part of this pile of dog shit.

Does he fuck a white bitch with his BBC and inseminate her womb with his superior black alpha male seed in this?

they couldn't even get the music right, it just feels so out of place, they have like 3 tracks scattered all over the entire series

No, he only bangs sisters. This isn't written by a white feminist dyke who hates white men

Really?

Hoodie = black version of glasses.
He had sex with Jessica Jones.
>In prison, I felt like I was in a cage... a LUKE cage!
Worst line in the show.

I'm 7 or 8 episodes in and still no Jessica Jones. What is the reason for this? JJ S1 must've left my memory. If she saw her black stallion on the news surely she'd do something.

krysten ritter probably wanted too much money for a cameo

This clip is straight up taken from a comic. If you like comics you'd enjoy the scene and the show.
If you don't like comics, why are you watching a show based on a comic?

>white boys are scared!
Except the new black show Atlanta didn't get any hate on this board people either said so far they liked it or didn't care for it retard.

You know it gets really tiresome when only thing you guys can come up with him everytime is penis envy. It's like you know niggers can't beat whites in any other category so better falls back on meme.

Because it isn't out on Netflix. People on this board don't actually watch TV.

Jessica Jones is terrible.

holy shit this show is garbage

amazing

nah you just have shit tier taste.

The show or the character? The show is good, but she is a terrible person that's for fucking sure.

the show really isn't good.
wasted the villain, drawn out story line, campy dialogue. many more reasons others have already pointed out ad nauseam

More like people on this board eat any shit marvel shoots out of their anus at them. You fucking plebs.

Both

Nigga, you do know stereotypical black people talk like that, right? Go outside, white boy.

>dick size
>running
>basketball
>pulling bitches
>music

Try harder, white boy.

Do you even know what the word campy means or are you just trying to be an edgy tard? It's typical blaxploitation music which Luke Cage originally was when it was released

this show accurately portrays how blacks talk. i don't know what you all expected the dialogue and script to be like. it's a show about a black superhero in Harlem with a predominately black cast based on a black superhero comic. this isn't some show written by white people.

it was meant to be shitty, right?

First of all, the show was only about 15% about Luke Cage. I'm sure the lady cop with the swinging tits had more screentime than him, not to mention cottonpicker and that black politician lady whos face I KNOW I've seen before.

Secondly, the show turned to shit as soon as cottonface died, the other antagonists were shit, especially Diamondback. Le edgy psychopath, what the fuck was the point? I thought he was gonna be some huge deal.

Why did the show act like Shades was anyone special? Just a wormtongue bitch, although the actor was fine.

And lastly, how the hell can that fucking nurse be in all of these shows? Is she the real protagonist or what? Is she a big deal in the comics?

how do you name a nigger after a mustache, wtf

holy fuck I didn't know this was some campy black dynamite dolomite shit. Now I have to watch this

Niggers nigging: The Show

>Couldn't you have died at childbirth?

reminder the guy playing luke cage only got the role because he's married to one of the producers or some shit

Are you sure?

Yes I am, not sure what you're insinuating.

I'm not complaining.

He's quite good tbqh.

Because he's free of her, at least until the Defenders. He was probably avoiding that bitch, even when he was on the run from the police.

>actors are all complete ass, probably the worst lot of actors on any marvel tv show or movie

You're a fucking retard, you know that? Name a Marvel production with better acting than this.

>Cottonmouth
>Shades
>Misty
>Pops
>Diamondback
>Mama Mabel

Fucking moron.

No bazooka fires that slow.

>And lastly, how the hell can that fucking nurse be in all of these shows? Is she the real protagonist or what? Is she a big deal in the comics?

She's basically being set up as the Coulson for The Defenders.

It's actually boring as fuck

>And lastly, how the hell can that fucking nurse be in all of these shows?

The Night Nurse is a character in the comics that is responsible for keeping all the Defenders from dying

There are actually multiple ones: the "top-level" Night Nurse is being introduced in Doc Strange

Black Dynamite is the best blacksplotation movie since Boss NiggerWhere the fuck is the remake?

>No one had ever gotten a role because they were sleeping with a producer

K

>black politician lady whose face I KNOW I've seen before.
She was in Captain America Civil War.

>People shitting on the OST
>Has no idea that 70% of it is 12 Reasons To Die 1/2 by Ghostface Killah, and the rest is Wu-tang

wu tang is garbage

I loved this moment, especially the music that kicks in

Honestly this moment is very jarring and silly compared to most of the show.

A booo.....

>Mfw I've watched so many Tokusatsu shows over the last few years that I'm completely unphased by any low-budget special effects and slapstick-tier fight sequences.

Unironically kys

grow up and get some taste

>grow up
>he says while posting on the ass end of the internet in a thread about a comic book show
Have some self awareness ffs.

What would you consider good taste?

>lol if i just aggressively simplify the situation with my bias view then it seems like i have credibility
pathetic

What are those, names of tribes?

>Night Nurse

youtube.com/watch?v=FE7lgCGQ48I

You could have saved yourself the post and googled it by now. Instead you reacted like some child memester with ADHD.

t. JaMarcus

I'm not even American, poo in loo or a mudslime.
I'm just a white guy who likes good music.

See

what is he saying in the clip as the rocket comes toward him? It sounds like great sistah or something.

>I'm just a white guy who likes good music.
but you like wu tang, that's an oxymoron

Lord YAKUB save me!

>SHEEEIT

>Slap my ass and call me a nigger, that's Jason Bourne!

one of the best parts of show

fucking "realistic fantasy" bullshit mcu keeps making, and luke cage was basically that for most of the time. I thought the scene was gonna end on the good note, but nope, fucking bazooka.

sad that this show tries to be as serious and gritty as possible for the rest of the series. Like, it's about a fucking bulletproof nigger. Why make this gritty? Oh, that's right. Hollywood.

I actually liked the music. Maybe a little cheesy but it fit what they're going for.

>Sweet sistah
He was honoring Pop by not swearing

>bulletproof nigger
nigger proof nigger***

>that music
>that weightless bazooka
>that perfect post-hug look outside
>that laughter

is this a comedy like Black Dynamite?

why does it look so blurry and video-y?

youtube.com/watch?v=r0EUxH0aaA8

Tell me this is better than Jessica Jones. I want to give it a shot but I have no fucking faith in Marvel anymore.

Does someone have the "Nigga I am your brother" moment?

>In English, doc

The show got stale after Cottonmouth

I'm just saiyan

>Golden age of tv

Red.dit

The ending of episode 8 is full blown cheese. I loved it.
I wish they'd pull more goofy shit like this.

He goes by... lawyer.

im just a nigga wit a rocket launcher

So how long until ISIS claims responsibility?

So we all agree that he's the best character, right?

shades was cool. If nothing else, this show was oozing with smoothness. It was in the way that everyone carried themselves. Even diamondback spoke in a rhythmic fashion, it was interesting to be sure.

80% of this is feminist garbage.

Me too, and I'm a bigass country redneck happy as hell to see a black hero who takes a big ole shit on ghetto culture.

it is, its like 25% blaxploitation, and the music is on point

Sweet Christmas.

If nothing else, the music is top-tier.

>Giorgi zhavani

Who are you quoting?

my sides

Sweet sista...

lmao

He may've gotten his ass kicked by two women, but at least he didn't hand them a loaded gun.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZeKaHBMKows

I can't get this fucking song out of my head

That's not a good excuse. It doesn't tonally fit in with the gritty street universe Marvel Netflix has set up

This show was so bad but I found it kind of funny how the only white villain was the only calm rational one. The rest were all stupid impulsive niggers. The kiss near the end of the last episode was disgusting.

The acting was dogshit. I felt the entire time it was a team of white writers trying too hard to impersonate street talk.

DUDE EVERY WHITE PERSON IS DIRTY LMAO

lol, ok nigga. please get off your computer and hit up a black neighborhood one day.

he's not white, dip ass

reminds me of some old bond villain scene

Wow

Wait people didn't like this scene? The dude literally came out of nowhere, pulled out a bazooka while retro music started playing and blew up a Chinese restaurant before the credits roll. It is almost Danger 5 levels of parody.

they don't get it

modern TV/video games/anything else has to be 100% historically and scientifically accurate

humor isn't allowed unless it's made blatantly obvious as to not confuse the viewer

The Wire did good street talk. Luke Cage's dialog and acting was just embarrassing.

I hated JJ with a passion. I like Luke Cage quiet a lot. 9eps in and I'd recommend it.

why are they protesting a film about suffragettes?

lmao good thing i dont have to watch this now

What's wrong with this scene?

Anyone else wish they actually made a giant slob of a woman be Black Mariah?

Currently on episode 8

Why did Cottomouth have to die by his cousin? He was actually an interesting character but he had a shitty death

>I loved you like a brotha
>nigga I am your brotha

What did he mean by this?

Seriously how did shades get beat by 2 chicks, one of whom had almost bled to death, but then takes out 3 guys while being choked? Yah I know he got a hold of the gun but come the fuck on

Did she want it?

I'm a little confused on who Shades is. At first I thought he was just a henchman but apparently he can talk down on Cottonmouth and he's just smug all the time.

>no cohesiveness at all to the music transition
>can't even tell if it's just the same song as plays immediately after and they just were too lazy to edit or they actually thought that sounded good
>cartoon explosion
ok what the fuck

He works for Diamondback who is much bigger dude than Cottonmouth

JUST BY READING ONE FUCKING WORD, ONE WORD I SPOILED MYSELF.AND IT HAPPENED THREE TIMES.TELL ME Cred Forums am i autistic?

diamondback

She did not.

I think she did.

The music was awful except for Cottonigger playing that electric piano. The soul live acts on the club were terrible, and the Method Man scene was embarrassing, like Keith Richards on POTC-tier

can someone fucking explain why Cage gets incapacitated by a shotgun and it's a huge deal in JJ but here he literally takes a bazooka to the face and he's just fine?

You're just not black enough to enjoy this show. It's pretty fucking black. It's blacker than Atlanta. It's blacker than Stranger Things is 80s.

>Sweet Christmas!
What did he mean by this?

>Gets found it grey hoodie
>Put down th ehood, son
>May I ask w h y
>Because I said so
>*Knocks out white cop and protects him while puerto rican cop shoots 11 times into the white hoodie*
P O W E R F U L

O

W

E

R

F

U

L

trayvon

This is a pretty decent show, it doesn't approach the highs Daredevil can hit but it manages to avoid the issues that detracted from the second half of Daredevil season 2 and the first season of Jessica Jones. My main issue with the show is that the fights are much less entertaining than DD or even JJ, Luke is rarely in danger himself and more or less casually steamrolls everything. The character is basically presented as a weaker, more overtly sexual, black Superman. I liked the villians though, even Diamondback. He was introduced in a very abrupt manner but the actor made the character for me. I can see why a lot of people hate him though.

There's been a lot of great rocket launcher scenes in recent times.

Punisher Warzone had a great scene where he shoots a parkour guy mid flip with a rocket.

Jurassic World had the scene where Chris Pratt reaches out to a raptor that he thinks he's getting through to, then it gets hit by a rocket.

Gotham had a scene where Butch blew up Azrael with a bazooka. Came out of no where.

And now Luke Cage joins the ranks of hilarious rocket launcher scenes.

That's honestly more of a problem with the concept than the show. He basically is black superman and short of robot suits nothing in the canon so far is close to him. The show was pretty much exactly what the comic is including tone.

>Pull the trigger, nigger
>I am you your brother nigga
> Rocket launcher scene

I wish this show would do more of this. It was fucken amazing.

This is easily the weakest overall series of the netflix marvel universe

I like Black Wesley too

He got knocked out both times and an rpg is wider spread of damage than a shotgun blast fired from 1/2 inch into your head

To be fair a few characters mention creative ways to kill Luke that no one seems to explore, but yeah I agree. Its not so much that he is Superman its that compared to who he goes up against he might as well be, someone like Loki could almost certainly wreck his shit, its just that how would you put a character that powerful in a street level story set in Harlem? Hope The Defenders throw someone with serious firepower against Luke. By far the most powerful Netflix MCU villain thus far has been the Purple Man, he could have made a serious run a planet domination if he wasn't so fucking lazy.

You mean spic Wesley

>black lady whose face I know I've seen before
Star Trek: First Contact

> Are you Handling it?
> Yea, cos, I have this magic bullet on order, its gonna cost us like $3 million per round
> Why don't you just drown him? Have you tried?
> ...

>Starts in the beginning of the show as mysterious badass who works for everyone and is a combat badass capable of scaring Cage
>He only works for this gun dealer and happened to be in prison with Luke
>He gets beat up by a girl with no combat training and a girl with heavy blood loss/ one arm
>Randomly decides to fuck the noticeably unattractive 50yr old black woman at the end instead of doing anything cool
>His shades were never used to do anything cool
The only time he did anything cool was in the elevator. That was a total fluke and he still acted like James fucking bond afterwards

Why no one tried to drown him in some sort of trap with quick dry cement or fucking gas him is beyond me. Sure it probably won't work but its shit loads cheaper than that Judas bullet thing.

>gun
You keep answering your own question every single time you ask it in a Luke Cage thread

I thought when he took off his sunglasses at cottonmouth and said "tell me the truth, was it an inside job?" that he had some kind of mind reading/forced truth telling powers. I didn't read luke cage comics so I didn't know shit about any of his villains.

Why do you keep copying and pasting your posts? Plot armor. The reason is plot armor.

Shades glasses in the comic books can shoot concussive blasts and see through walls and shit. In the show they're just fucking raybans

Trish was even talking about it on her talk show, so she must've talked to JJ about Luke. Maybe JJ is too busy with that lead she got at the end of her season

So will they hook up in The Defenders? Apparently shes only in 1 ep of Iron Fist.

I loved how Cottonmouth's henchmen kept trying to square off against Luke even though they had lost to him multiple times. If some guy kicked all my friends asses and broke my arm when we all had guns I would not line up for seconds of that shit.

They should've had an episode of Cottonmouth montaging different things to kill luke, and all of them not working, and THEN that's when he goes for the bazooka. It would've made the bazooka a lot less jarring.

and before you post anything else

>go back to ____
>triggered?
>nigger nigger nigger
>DINDU

I like that Cottonmouth immediately tried to kill Luke with a RPG, he did not want to fuck around with superpower bullshit.