Only 10 episodes per year

>Only 10 episodes per year
What did they mean by this?

10 episodes of Absolutely Nothing Happens

>Only
>I need muh 24 episodes of filler!

>10 episodes of Absolutely Nothing Happens

This! This shit show makes 'Curb your entusiasm' feel like a fucking rollercoaster.

>Netflix Original Series
Nigga wut?

>Netflix original series

>Airs on AMC

What did they mean by this?

Netflix have the rights to the show in various territories outside the US and they promote it as a Netflix original in those places.

Most cable dramas range from 8-13 episodes per season. This has been the case for years.

>why isnt shit blowing up every episode? this isnt what reddit told me breaking bad was like?!?!?

so I could make a show about literally random conversations for 45 minutes each episode and you would embrace it because "its not explosions and shit"

sure if it's really good like better call saul

Don't worry senpai every episode seems to last forever since N O T H I N G H A P P E N S

>good
>better call saul

vince please

Yes and they air 2 seasons per year.
This is just lazy.

Can you name a few cable shows that air two seasons a year? I've never heard of this.

>only 10 episodes
>most episodes are fillers because of lack of plot

Also the ratings are so bad, Netflix is realizing that their shows would get cancelled on a real network

>real networks
>viable
Jew pls

>Not liking Better Call Saul
>Le where is da based Bravo Vince BB, I need eksplushunz!

How do they manage to spread 3 episodes worth of story over 10 episodes?

>Cred Forums approving of anything good

If you get mad about this it's on you. BCS's still in the process of being a pleb filter for the worst of BrBa's fanbase

That's how you know it's good.

Some of the best movies are dialogue based where "nothing happens"

"real networks" are dying stupid

where have you been the last 5 years?

there's good Nothing Happens movies and tv shows, and there's bad Nothing Happens movies and tv shows

BCS is absolute shit

Jean D'Arc is basically this and it's the best kino ever made so sure

shit opinions general?

This show is a perfect example of an inflated plot to fit tv standards. The first season was really good, but only a few episodes into season 2 and it's obvious that they are just going to rehash the conflict from season 1. They want a five or six season show, and so they want to wait two or three seasons before Saul becomes a bad guy, but there are only two seasons of character development there at max. Television and its requirements are a cancer that will kill any show, no matter how much potential the show has.

I stopped watching Season 2 about halfway through. Is he going to be a bad guy yet for season 3? It didn't seem like they were going to make it until season 4, at least.

no, this is a facts about BCS thread.

Yeah, and quality tv shows are dying with them.

Netflix keep making shit after shit and people eat that up because of binge watching

10 episodes usually means each episode is of higher quality and has more attention to the writing.

That said, what the fuck happened to shows having 20+ episode seasons? Why was it that when tv was less popular years ago, almost every network was doing 20+ episode seasons, but around ~2008 or so they simply stopped doing it, and these 10-13 episode seasons became common for nearly every tv series.

Shows like LOST and 24 managed to do 24+ episode seasons, and nearly every episode was quality television. So what happened?

there's very few shows that have consistent quality with more than 15 episodes per season

lost, 24, xfiles, and shows like that are an exception. most shows that have a lot of episodes per season almost always have a lot of filler and fluff to pad it out.

Lost was on ABC. As far as I know, the big cable networks still do 24 episodes per season. The standards for production quality and writing are generally lower there, so they can get away with it.

Premium channels like FX and HBO know that they will deliver a better product if they aren't forced to fit a story into such a huge block of episodes.