How was Shelob able to sting Frodo when he was wearing his Mithril vest...

How was Shelob able to sting Frodo when he was wearing his Mithril vest? His vest was very finely woven and her stinger was huge, it wouldn't have gotten between the links.

Was he still wearing the vest at that part? Didn't he take it off beforehand for some reason or did the orcs take it from him after he got stung?

Are you only just now realizing Tolkien was a hack? He's merely famous for being a genre author much like GRRM and Rowling.

>Was he still wearing the vest at that part?

Not long after this scene, when Sam goes to Cirith Ungol to save Frodo, there are orcs that take it off him.

Tolkien is to fantasy what Romero is to zombie movies. You can't really deny his influence.

the stinger went in his butt. i thought it was pretty obvious.

Do you not read hentai doujins, user? Nature finds a way

You see the scar later, and it's on Frodo's neck, in a spot where the stinger could have gotten around the collar of the mithril shirt. This is true the book, where Shelob has no stinger, just fangs, and bites Frodo on the neck. But in the movie she has that giant stinger, and the angle she Stings Frodo from could never reach his neck. It looks more like she stung him in the gut.

Really, it's just another one of those little changes Jackson made because he loves excess over subtlety. He's exactly the sort of guy who would think a giant spider isn't cool enough, it ALSO has to have a giant scorpion stinger.

how was Shelob able to get so big? all the spiders I ever see are small. guess it's just another plot hole

Yeah it went in his bum and he came out his mouth
It's true kino, bravo Jackson!

Shelob is a spawn of Ungoliant, who was basically Spider Satan or something. Mythril isn't invincible, it's just strong as fuck.

Also PJ is a hack, he only got stabbed by an orc in Moria in the books, the troll would have crushed him even if it didn't penetrate.

Hear hear. And I'm supposed to believe this ring bullshit? I have several rings, and none of them make me invisible.

yeah and i've never seen an orc, or an elf for that matter. think he just made all of this up to be honest

Why did Frodo look so small in some shots. They really fucked up with some of the camera perspective in this movie. Gandalf looks like a literal giant in some scenes and it makes me chuckle.

Shelob isn't even that big, she's a fraction of the size of Ungoliant.

Middle Earth has some weird shit in it.

Something in our DNA must tell us spiders were once huge because why else would we keep creating giant spiders in fantasy?

Pretty sure that picture is unacurate

What fucking happened to Lizzy Caplain?

It's hard to say. When Ancalagon died his body fell and destroyed two entire mountains so he's at least larger than two mountains.

>Ancalagon's size is not specified, but may be gigantic due to the destruction of "the towers of Thangorodrim", which are elsewhere identified with the three smoking peaks of the mountain. He was however, said to be as big as a mountain.[6] However, his size is never directly specified and some powerful but small creatures are able to cause great destruction even in death, such as Durin's Bane breaking the slopes of Celebdil. Like all other Urulóki, Ancalagon breathed fire, which was said to be hotter than any other dragon's flame.

In the books Shelob stings him in the neck.

So how does this thing feed itself, breathe, and not crumble under its own weight?

also says in The Silmarillion that he blocks the sun light from a great distance

Dark magic

nanomachines

This, you plebs.
Learn to read.

Sure, I'll read like 2000 pages of an outdated book just to explain potholes in an already outdated movie.

>why else would we keep creating giant spiders in fantasy?

Because they're awesome

>Outdated
>books

What does it feel like to be the plebbest of plebs, oh His Majesty King Pleb?

>"outdated!
>created a genre still being utilized today
>eternal themes of good and evil
>prequel trilogy created a few years ago

Go and watch the latest capeshit then you autist

Please stop taking the bait, comrades.

Insects used to be huge during the Jurassic and Cretaceous area

God I want to lick her ass

The very way spiders live is a very scary thought already. They trap their prey, keep them alive and then digest then slowly by throwing up their digestive fluids over them. Not to mention they are incredibly fast, mobile, strong, aggresive and venomous.

Daily reminder that centipedes longer than your car used to be a thing

>reads high fantasy
>pretends to be anything other than pleb himself

>Frodo has a sword named sting
>he gets stung

It's pottery

>Is close-minded and only reads things based on his preconceived notions

Nay thou

Actually our fear of spiders is ingrained in our dna because our ancestors fought giant spiders in ancient pre history

It's just over 1000 pages you fucking pleb

Wtf Jackson is a hack now

>Book
Shut up nerd

Spiders dont even have stingers. It was a movie design choice. Peter jackson was going full hack mode in the third movie

I don't have a fear of spiders

Is that because I'm a Jew?

Yes

Even the spider knows to fear the Jew

She wasnt even big you retard did you watch the movie? Hobbits are really small

How did they stop him?

Ay-kay fosevun son

It involves jewels and flying boats and shit, really gay

Dungeons and dragons is what influenced the genre. Tolken is but a footnote in the annals of fantasy

who said anything about stopping him?

Spiders are cute and beneficial for our environment, you're just a soft poof

riiight

How do we know it went in his upper torso? Could have jabbed him slightly below his belly or his thigh.

>Criticises books
>People explain why you're wrong
>What, you expect me to read them??? Pfft...

Frodo was stung right in the dick
That's why Sam walks out on him and marries the ugly hobbit chick

hmmmmm it does explain why Sam offers to share the load