I liked it back when Michael Myers was just some insane person who picked some kids to kill for no reason...

I liked it back when Michael Myers was just some insane person who picked some kids to kill for no reason. That's extra scary, because it's just a person who isn't right. It's not super natural, there's no actual storyline pushing motivation, it's just horrifying that this guy is going to kill you.

Who is your favorite "slasher villain" ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fGoekw7e-3U
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3dt4zePvnE
youtube.com/watch?v=uVYs5Y_EqSc
halloweenmovie.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Comic_Halloween_1
halloweenmovie.wikia.com/wiki/Halloween_II:_The_Blackest_Eyes
halloweenmovie.wikia.com/wiki/Halloween_III:_The_Devil's_Eyes
youtube.com/watch?v=kALVoE9emXs
youtube.com/watch?v=WKR7EoEQe-k&index=3&list=PLvmIe53-AVGLK4PdNbmkL5ySaDkr2WJZ9AVGLK4PdNbmkL5ySaDkr2WJZ9&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=C5_Q3JKOM8w
youtube.com/watch?v=TFeNebpWRek
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbred_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=3lvUCAHRa6I
youtube.com/watch?v=mInvrHJgm7A
watchfree.to/watch-4ce09-Never-Sleep-Again-The-Elm-Street-Legacy-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I know what you mean. Especially the intro to the first film when he kills his sister.
Rob Zombie's Halloween films totally ruin this. They give him a generic "bad household — edgy child" explanation why he turned out the way he did and it completely ruins it.

The paranormal stuff on the old Michael Myers is he was born to kill people with absolutly no reasons.

according to some dialogues on the film, is because "the pure evil" could spawn on some human being randomly or some shit like that.

Oh, I took it as the Dr. Loomis being dramatic and poetic rather than literal evil being spawned. Like he didn't appreciate a person can be fucked up from birth and it isn't for a romantic reason like it makes a good story

Rob Zombie raped the whole idea of michael myers. No wonder Carpenter thinks the movies was shit. I would be offended.

Halloween 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 already ruined him anyways

Yeah they kinda did. Still, the newer ones made michael some fucking big and edgy avenger. Thats not even close what he is. All the things I personally find scary in that character, he ruined. What a fucking hack.

Part 2 was great

Part 2 is good with the exception of one of the really early kills. I think it's in the first 20 minutes it's just some girl on the phone with her friend. It seemed really pointless whereas the rest he killed were ultimately to get at Laurie.
The thorn shit is really dumb but 4,5 and 6 are good in their own way, especially 4. Some of those opening shots of countryside are absolutely haunting.

The rob zombie remake was good. It approached myers from a different angle

Even in the first Halloween Michael Myers is more than a random crazy guy, he becomes supernatural at the end and can't be killed, etc. I dislike that film a lot and haven't seen anything else in the franchise, though I am giving the original a final rewatch in hopes of coming around to it next week.

My favorite "slasher" is Black Christmas and the unseen killer in that is fantastic, really just a horrifying film though I think TCM from the same year beats it.

Tcm?

Texas Chain Saw Massacre, a film I overlooked for years but on a rewatch last night discovered it is the scariest thing ever made

You should listen to the director's commentary, he talks about Michael does in fact represent a Evil Force, a sort of Boogeyman.

This is why he is listed as "The Shape" and not as "Michael Myers" in the ending credits scroll

>not supernatural

I mean, he was a bit supernatural. He literally would not die or react to pain.

Good, not great. Also I hate the "Jamie Lee is his sister" angle, giving him a human motivation makes him less mysterious and therefore less scary

first movie works great because there is no supernatural elements from beginning
after loomis shoots mike you relax and think that its over, until he is gone and you hear the breathing
i almost shit my pants as a kid when i watched this

original Myers was a fucking Twink faggot who never even faced a real enemy
Rob Zombies Myers on the other hand was an unstoppable murder machine, way better

Favourite slasher is Freddy.

It terrified as a child and gave me nightmares, the concept is truly terrifying as a kid your bed is your safest place and when you sleep nothing bad can happen. Nightmare on elm street takes the safety of sleep away and is one of the few horror movies that ever scared me.

It's a shame it is so dated now, it's campy as hell but if you can let your self be absorbed by the film it is still great.

Ah. Yeah texas chainsaw massacre was really good. I liked the remake as well. Even though a lot of people didnt.

I've seen it probably a dozen times and it's still scary. Just that cold opening with the photos and that sound. Jesus, that is a terrifying sound.

Leatherface.

he's an inbred retard, controlled by his fucked up family and will do whatever they say, it's like when you see those severely autistic kids walking around with their caretaker, you're always afraid they'll lunge at you and rip your hair out, now imagine that with a chainsaw and a caretaker that want's you dead.

>I liked the remake as well
I wonder why

>Who is your favorite "slasher villain"?
Freddy Krueger, no one else comes close

In the first movie he is not really controlled by anybody, and in fact he and his brother actively disobey their father and keep killing people and telling him he is "just the cook." He is disciplined by the dad for sure but when he gets into a killing state he can't be controlled and I think in general him being a killer is his own thing and not because he's been told to. Maybe the grandpa had something to do with it, Idk. I never saw anything but the first one so I can't comment on how the family dynamic changes after that but that's how I view him in the first one, just a mentally handicapped dude who loves to kill and wear people. Also since he's dressed up as a pretty lady with makeup on for the dinner scene it seems he's trying to fill the role of the missing mother in the family or something, crazy disturbing shit going on man

Watching the halloween remake right now. When kid michael puts on the shatner mask for the first time and is killing his sister, he looks so damn goofy. The mask is way to big for his body, it looks silly

everything in the film is silly, what a clusterfuck

I've grown tired of the same Black Christmasfag constantly plebposting about how Halloween sucks.

This, also Loomis was just a fucked up as Micheal.

Yeah bro, he's so fucking big and scary, fuck the old movies, the remake was way cooler bro !!!

I liked the original Scream and Ghostface, although the sequels and TV show weren't good.

Scary Movie was also good even though from an objective standpoint it was horrible.

you don't like Scream 2? I thought it was quite good

I liked the idea of each Scream sequel, it's just that personally the first one was the only good one. You can only take a satirization so far until it starts being just as bad as what it's making fun of.

Eh, the only Scream I dislike is 3, the rest are pretty solid. Haven't watched the series yet.

This thread is going places

The older guy, Drayton, isn't the father. He's the oldest brother. Leatherface takes orders throughout the first movie. You see the older brother beat him which causes Leatherface to whine and cry. I read before that the actor looked at it like he was killing in self defense because he didn't understand who these people breaking into his home were.

Jessica Biel is perfection.

Really creative death scenes.

Speaking of Rob Zombie movies, what was up with the fully nude elderly women in The Lords of Salem?

Like, did the movie benefit from it? I don't think so.

Kek looks like I rustled a pleb pretty bad, it's fine you can enjoy your immature poorly made childrens' film and I'll enjoy my finely crafted adult horror

Sounds more autistic than supernatural

I'm autistic and I'm a little bitch when I get hurt, also pretty sure I can die but I've never tested that theory

I'm currently enjoying the Scream series. The acting drops in places but it's still fun to have Noah make note of the cliches as they happen. Not to mention how he sometimes briefly analyses the episode you're watching when he's in class.

I really liked scream too. The others were okay too. I like to pretend that 2 and 3 never happened it was just 1 and 4.

Though the other 2 are good i just prefer to see them as a sortve spin off kind of movies. with just 1 and 4 it makes it feel a little more believable

>I liked it back when Michael Myers was just some insane person who picked some kids to kill for no reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=fGoekw7e-3U

The scariness comes from bothering something you shouldn't..but you might accidentally do it. Those poor kids

Jaws can't affect me because I don't go near the ocean, but I totally live a neighborhood

that can be the next Halloween name. Neighborhood.

Yeah the Dr. Loomis character was basically a subversion of the "here's how Norman works" scene from Psycho; Loomis only having the explanation of "he's fucking evil".

The first one was good but later on it gets quirkyer.
I saw a review on it on youtube Ill look for it if you dont want to...

I also preferred him just going out and killing random teenagers.

Also notice how he's not killing women until they react to him in a negative way.

The Sheriff is great and his daughter is a top qt.

except for the one whose throat he slits when she gets into her car, he gakked her like a pro assassin and she never saw it coming

He was trying to copy Argento. He succeeded at some parts and horribly failed at others because he has no idea what he's doing.

Sorry, I don't remember that one, it has been a while. Was she fully dressed?

I believe so, she gets into her car to go pick up her boyfriend and Michael is waiting in the back seat

I only remember him in the car with this really cute chick in a french maid costume.

i totally disagree the effects they used on some of those deaths are still great
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3dt4zePvnE

Agreed. The series should've just ended after III.

muh fucking dick

Keep fighting the good fight bruh, Black Christmas is 10x better than Halloween

Honestly I don't know if that's any worse than "muh evil cult" from the Halloween sequels

This. Goddamn that opening is fucking horror perfection.

Consider that the cult angle only came into being at Halloween 5.

In the beginning, it's just Michael is evil because some people are just naturally evil and it can't be explained.

Man the first Halloween has some seriously creepy shots. When they're pulling up to the mental hospital at night and you see the white coats of the wandering patients in the headlights, it's so eerie.

Yeah, but essentially it's as much an explanation as the Rob Zombie backstory user was refering to, while kid Michael Myers just murdering his sister out of nowhere and nobody being able to explain why is really a shitload more effective.

>mfw when none of the villains named so far have been to space or the hood

step up your game

How do you react when a child is just broken? Like a defective machine, you can't hate the machine, but how are you supposed to feel?

>mfw someone got electrocuted during this shot and they kept rolling anyways
based

Jason X

Kek, thanks. I feel bad for shitting up Halloween threads but I feel like so many people haven't seen Black Christmas. I have genuinely tried to like Halloween and this year I'm giving it one final go and if I can't "get" it I'm moving on forever

Mike is the best slasher, by far

Jason Voorhees can beat up Mike any day of the week

+2 points if it falls on Friday the 13th

That is why I always disliked Michael as a villain.

OOH LE CARDBOX EBIL GUY! SO GENER- I MEAN, SCARY!
It was just lazy.

I like how Rob Zombie approached Michael and that made the character more enjoyable for me.

John Carpenter was always fucking lazy when it came to characters.
Every single character in The Thing, for example, is a cardbox cutout walking stereotype.

I know you kiddies praise anything "classic", but Carpenter was a fucking hack.

Absolute slasherkino

>carpenter
>hack

gross

is Dr.Loomis also an invincible being of pure evil?
It's hard to imagine a normal person surviving a massive explosion and only getting burned on a bit of his hand and face.
Black Christmas at least makes more sense, although it has the luxury of not being a serial money grab

Rob dropped it with Halloween II and the stupid hallucination white perfect wedding gown unicorn shit
not that I liked troubled bullied kid turns psychopath fantasy Rob Zombie has, exercising his hatred for being "different" in real life (meaning rich and famous) just fuck that guy, what a fucking idiot

yeah, Joe Grizzly sure was a formidable opponent, idiot.

House of 1000 corpses and The Devil's Rejects were special though. He really had some nice characters in there.

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=uVYs5Y_EqSc

In terms of preserving the message/theme of the original, I feel like there shouldn't have been any sequels, at least with Michael. While the second movie was the best of the sequels, it ultimately introduced the two elements that would drive the series into the ground: The sister shit and the samhain shit. I appreciate the sequels for what they are and how they have probably caused a lot more people to go watch the original than what would have if they'd never been made, but they're built off of shit premises.

spoiler that shit asshole

That is what i loved about the show. I am stoked to see the halloween special

Also the modernization of the slasher killer. Like how in the first film. the fact that the cellphone was a big deal. Now its hacking, mass texts and social media

Remember when he was finally taken down after 20+ years by Busts Rhymes?

OP doesn't know about Enda from the original Halloween script and novelisation.

The prologue of the novel takes place at the dawn of the Celtic race in Ireland and tells the story of a young 15-year-old disfigured boy named Enda who is passionately in love with the King Gwynwyll's daughter, Deirdre. After being severely humiliated for attempting to win her love Enda attacks and brutally slays Deirdre and her fiancé at a community ritual event on Halloween. Enda is immediately killed by the other members of the village and his soul cursed to wander the Earth forever, re-creating the events of that night.

Personally, I really like the Curse of Thorn origin better because it's ambiguous (at least in the T-Cut). Is it supernatural? Genetic? Random? Who the fuck knows and who cares when Mike is stabbing you while eating a raw dog.

H2's biggest problem was turning Mike into an unkillable superstrenght killing machine. Gone was the subtelty of the original and it made it possible to turn baghead hillbilly Jason (and later slashers) into H2 clones.

Never happened.

It goes Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween 3 (not the same movieverse, but still part of the Halloween franchise), Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Halloween 6, H2O, Halloween (Chaos Comics), Halloween II: The Blackest Eyes, Halloween III: The Devil's Eyes.

The last 3 comics are out of print, but they were great. Halloween Resurrection can't be in the same universe because of the Laurie going crazy/losing an eye thing.

halloweenmovie.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Comic_Halloween_1

halloweenmovie.wikia.com/wiki/Halloween_II:_The_Blackest_Eyes

halloweenmovie.wikia.com/wiki/Halloween_III:_The_Devil's_Eyes

>tfw still no anthology-type movie about Michael messing with random people on Halloween

I know they did it in comics form, but Carpenter's idea would have made a pretty cool movie.

His new film is pretty good though, definitely better than "2deep for u" lords of salem
Also I wish someone would edit out all the dumb angsty childhood crap from his halloween films

Thats actually a pretty accurate comment, imagine if super autists just went full michael myers across the world.

At least he didn't try to make some generic nostalgia remake and he made it in his own style. RZH2 is a great movie though, but not a good Halloween Franchise one.

I enjoyed Lords of Salem, but it wasn't his best effort.

Rain Man: Portrait of a Serial Killer when?

>comics are canon but movies aren't.

Kek. Dude, your little fan fiction timeline doesn't mmchsnge the fact Myers was defeated by a rapper

I like that, but I'm also glad it's, not in the first movie.

>please don't spoil my ancient movies that i haven't see yet

fuck off retard

youtube.com/watch?v=kALVoE9emXs

YOU ALL THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS DIE!!!

YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!!!!!

þþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþþ

that's A LOT of condoms

>reading threads about films you haven't seen yet

Yeah bringing back Loomis was retarded. I understand bringing Michael back after Halloween III flopped but they could've done it without Loomis.

Why would I see films if they have been discussed about and analyzed for ages before me? Might as well just read about them, the people analyzing them are doing a much better job than I ever could anyways.

I just like his mask really

The Collector and its sequel are some good schlocky horror films.

The Collection was a pleasant surprise actually. Its plot structure is weirdly stolen almost completely from Aliens but it works.

>hey discuss these films cause I dont wanna watch them
>BUT WATCH IT
>SPOILER EVERYTHING I DONT WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ASSHOLES
this guy

>"Trick or treat, motherfucker!"

What did he mean by this?

>It's not super natural
Did you finish the first movie user? Nigga gets shot 7 times and falls off a balcony, then somehow silently escapes

I could be remembering this wrong but was Carpenter pressured to film that ending to leave it open as a potential franchise?

Fred Krueger best slasher villain, ANOES best slasher film, TCM best horror movie

It's not that campy, they had the common sense to keep Krueger in the dark for the most part to hide the make-up, and his taunts were genuinely creepy and sinister. After the first one it got quite silly though. Nancy best slasher girl.

TCM is my top slasher movie, it really is just so fucking creepy. The deaths are brutal - Kirk having a fit after the first hammer blow and being calmly dragged away like a dead animal is burned into my mind, it's so sudden and callous. Most slashers after TCM emphasised the build up and the fear, but being cut down in such a utilitarian manner is what got to me.

>watching H20 one night on TV
>mfw I actually enjoyed it
>mfw Michael's death scene

Oh and to everyone bashing Rob Zombie, stop it, he's super nice even if he missed the point of Halloween

H20 is fucking great. Perfect ending to the Halloween series. Resurrection doesn't exist.

Michael Myers was also fucked up by his mask change in later sequels in the fist and second movies he looked great, even if the second film was more slasher template.

Speaking about slashers my favorite Jason was part 3 he looked pretty alive and creep, then in 4 he was more "dead" and rage.

Another slasher fucked by later sequels was chucky, in the first one you see how he deteriorated as the time passed out, he became more human looking, imo that was great, then in 2 and 3 he looks exactly the same trought the rest of the movies.

* pic related

He's a hack and only knows how to write one story.

this man invented the slasher, pay your respects you fucking plebes

Yeah and Wes Craven ended the slasher. Scream is the GOAT.

I liked how he was a bullied retard who just ends up seeing everyone else as his bullies and kills them. And him being slow and still catching makes it like ones hes set on you, thats it.

Also, why did kids continue to go to a camp ground that was known for being the place a creepy giant wierdo murders everyone?

>we will never get to see his hard R remake of Conan the Barbarian

We got the Jason Mamoa remake instead and we were fucking robbed.

hes still right about baby metal and edgy assholes hating it to what amounts to virtue signaling about how "hard core" they are

I feel like a hard R would ruin it because it would focus too much on gory deaths and turn it into ancient saw basically instead of all the philosophical aspects about struggling and gods and the mystery of steel ect that actually make it great.

Carpenter wrote 2.

>Chucky 7 in 2017 with Curse Of Chucky writer (The Rotten Tomatoes score for this one is high)
>New Halloween with Carpenter as producer
>Friday The 13th with "Prisoners" Writer
Slasherkino is back?

He sounded hypocritical on Horror remakes,He said he hates them on one interview back in like 2004,yet he directed two horror remakes.

no parents at the camp ground, kids are willing to risk their lives for some unattended boozing and promiscuity and besides you don't actually believe in that mumbo jumbo, do you you pussy? type peer pressure works well. too.

>Chucky
>Friday the 13th
>Kino

Never. Freddy, Chucky, Jason, Pinhead, etc have nothing more to offer us. Just let them die. Poor box office numbers are what won't bring them back to life.

Funny enough, part 6 is the only Friday to show a functioning camp with kids attending it.

Well it would have been better than that shitfest we got a few years ago. And a lot of that stuff wasn't Conan until Milius injected it in his script.

There's still plenty of room for gory violence and heaving bosoms alongside theological and meta-philosophical contemplation and the mystified air surrounding the mystery of steel and the struggles of gods and men.

Personally, I'm a fan of Jason Voorhees the most.
I mainly like to watch slashers as a group movie with friends. Nothing too scary, something fun to joke around, and Jason never fails to deliver the fun. Michael always came off as boring to me, with no difference from murder to murder. Every Jason kill, meanwhile, feels unique and well thought out, with some great special effects on display. Plus, I like the fact Jason displays emotion and character, despite wearing a mask all the time.

I hope not. I wish movies would start doing something new instead of remakes and shit trying to copy the 80s. You had the 90s mock all that shit with Scream, and then that shit was mocked with Scary Movie

then all they had was shitty gore porn and "BASED ON A TRUE STORY" found footage shit.

At least shit like It Follows and Badabook is trying

It's got Home Alone 2/Die Hard 2/Hangover 2 syndrome, where it's the exact same thing as the first movie, just in a different place. I was so out off by it, that I never bothered with 3 and 4.

I still like the first one the best. It's actually a good take on home invasion movies and gives us a pretty good new slasher villain.

6>4>2009>1>7>3>2>X>5>Goes to Hell>Goes to New York

What say you?

Its more like this:

4=6>1>3=2>5>2009>7>Goes to Hell>Goes to NY>X

*imho

I actually like part 7 a lot if only for the badass costume design on Jason that showed all the previous wounds that inflicted on him over the years and the telekinetic smackdown at the end.

Doug Bradley has to play Pinhead at least one more time before he dies, since Doug Bradley IS Pinhead.

Jason or Myers can be played by any tall dude.

yeah part 7 design is cool, what kills the movie for me is the girl with mind powers, it was unnecesary.

Because 2 takes place years after 1, and 2-4 take place over the course of a few days (though 4's timeline is kind of sketchy). 6 is years after that, and Jason is dead and buried (not to mention, the town did everything they could to cover it up). From 7 on, I couldn't tell you.

Vera is the top Friday the 13th qt. Part 3 would have been much better with her as the final girl.

>X being last
Terrible taste user

Yeah after 6 is where the timeline gets messed up. Realistically part 7 should be taking place sometime in the late 90s.

X is meme slasher desu

4=6 > 1 > 2=3 > 5 > goes to hell > 7 > 2009 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x >>> goes to ny

I agree but placing it below Manhattan and Goes to Hell is just bad taste user. X is nowhere near that bad.

I thought the remake was pretty solid. Survivalist Jason was actually pretty scary and Trent was a great douchebag character. Some high quality tits as well.

Good list, recently i watched all the Hellraiser kinos and i have:

1=2>>>>>=6=7>>

Jason Takes Manhattan was so laughably bad. Crystal Lake somehow now connects to open water? The rooftop "boxing match" with Jason was pretty funny though.

H20 is a legit solid slasher movie, ESPECIALLY by the low standards of the 1990's.

>clever script with reasonably well-written characters (even LL Cool J is tolerable in it)
>emphasis on tension rather than a massive body count
>Michael is mostly unseen until the third act, just like the original film
>god-tier ending and emotional climax for Laurie Strode

It has it's moments but it takes over an hour for Jason to get to New York, all the stuff that happens prior to that is mostly boring, he only has like two kills on the boat. If a majority of the film was in New York it definitely would be top tier Friday the 13th films.

6 > 4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > X > Freddy V Jason > 7 > 2009 > 5 > Manhattan > Hell

>why did kids continue to go to a camp ground that was known for being the place a creepy giant wierdo murders everyone

Because the F13 movies are supposed to be separated by several years (or decades in some cases) between each installment. Part 2 actually makes a good point of this with the campfire scene - the Voorhees murders were more of an urban legend than any kind of eyewitness account at that point. Also, as the sequels went on, they explained that at one point Camp Crystal Lake was completely renovated from the ground up and renamed (which would explain how a bunch of dumb, uninformed teenagers wound up there). Also over time, Jason started stalking areas adjacent to and outside of Crystal Lake altogether, like various hospitals, supermarkets and summer homes.

The chopping off of the head is great and the chase scene with Lorie and Michael towards the end is pretty intense.

I'm just tired of him forcing his skanky, shrill and obnoxious wife down our throats at every possible opportunity. We get it dude, you like it when she sucks your dick. She's annoying as fuck to the rest of us.

Is there a spookier piece of slasherkino music?

youtube.com/watch?v=WKR7EoEQe-k&index=3&list=PLvmIe53-AVGLK4PdNbmkL5ySaDkr2WJZ9AVGLK4PdNbmkL5ySaDkr2WJZ9&index=2

hes been doing this since the late 90s with his music videos

Writing unfortunately doesn't always lead to the director doing a good job

Is this the best Halloween 4 cover art?

poor old Michael, he was just reaching over to ask where they we going and forgot he had his knife in his hand

I like to imagine every murder myers makes is just he sperging out and accidentally killing his victims

People forget that the studio was to blame for Part 8 taking place almost exclusively on the boat. The original script was set almost entirely in the city with the boat kills being mostly a prologue, but the suits at the studio slashed the budget in half at the last minute so the filmmakers had to retool the entire thing from the ground up.

Yeah, the majority of the city scenes were shot in Vancouver I believe.

At least the music videos were only 3 minutes long and didn't feature her with any speaking parts.

Yeah it sucks that the studio had to meddle with it and basically destroyed the film but you can't judge it on what it could have been.

I thought Vancouver was cheap enough to film in so I don't know why they didn't just spend more time filming it there but I know they spent a shit ton of money to film in Times Square so I'm assuming a majority of the budget went to that.

Why is filming in NYC so expensive anyway? Is it just because it requires blocking traffic and stuff?

You're right, but at least the scene where he smashes the boombox and scares the punks in Times Square is almost, ALMOST entertaining enough to make up for the rest of it.

Jason dunking the old guy into the drum of unguarded toxic waste conveniently just sitting out in the open makes me laugh.

Blocking traffic, hiring police to provide security, renting and using local equipment, and most of all mind-blowingly exorbitant NYC taxes are what make it so expensive. That's why 9/10 movies set in NYC are either shot in Toronto or sound stages in L.A with stock footage establishing shots.

I do enjoy their depiction of late 80s NYC. It's just an absolute hellhole where toxic waste gets flushed out of the sewers and into the ocean every night. It may not have been too far from reality though.

GTH was good imo, different but enjoyable

>breast implants

yes. The new big thing is to film everything in BFE Louisiana because the state makes it cheap as shit to film here

Its pretty funny seeing scenes obviously filmed here, but supposedly taking place somewhere else.

I agree, it has a lot of great moments you just have to wad through a bunch of shit to get to it.

GTH has my favorite opening of a Friday the 13th film but it sucks cause Jason's barely in the movie, which I hate to be that user but Jason is sort of the reason I'm watching Friday the 13th movies.

Fat Jason was kind of cool looking. I liked how his mask was basically fused into his face. I heard a rumor that it started out as an unrelated horror script that got repurposed once New Line acquired the rights to Jason. Never could confirm that though.

It suffers the same problem as Nightmare on Elm St. 2 and Halloween 3 - they had the balls to try something vastly different from before, but the fans wanted more focus devoted to their favorite killers.

I still really love Child's Play 2, even more than 1. The colors and the way everything was shot really made it feel like you were experiencing everything from the point of view of a child.

Chucky I always found to be unique due to his expression of anger. Most other slashers are acting out of evil, and it's usually a calculated and calm evil, which can be scary in its own right. Freddy is evil, but he's gleeful about it. Michael and Jason are evil, but they are silent about it. Chucky, of course, also acted out of evil motivations, but seemed far more emotional about it. He was fighting the curse and grew more and more frustrated as the film goes on. He acts less and less out of sadistic glee and more and more out of enraged frustration because he knows that time is short.

youtube.com/watch?v=C5_Q3JKOM8w

NoES 2's gay camp value is off the charts. It's a terrible but sequel but stands on its own as a weird little footnote in the franchise.

True. I can't imagine anyone else but Brad Douriff in the role. His voice is perfect.

Watching Never Sleep Again, and hearing all those involved with that movie come to terms and admit just how gay the movie was, was so much fun.

He really does knock it out of the park with his voice acting. I don't think Child's Play would have been half as popular if it wasn't for him. Douriff sadly sacrifices some fame because it's not his face on the screen as Chucky, just his voice.

IMAGINE BEING MICHAEL

It's also pretty funny seeing the head of New Line Cinema play a bartender in a gay leather nightclub.

yeah childs play 2 is fun, but chucky aesthetics were better in the first imo

NoES 2 was good also it kept the darker mood of the 1st film meanwhile part 4 to final nightmare, Freddy became more campy

The funny thing about H20 is how Michael managed to drive all the way to California in the same car which meant he had to stop to get gas along the way.

True although parts 3-5 form a surprisingly coherent trilogy and introduced a lot of the Freddy mythology.

Its only electrocution if the person dies.

People have been struck by lightning and lived. That has to still be considered electrocution.

I always thought 4, 5 and 6 were the unofficial "don't get pregnant" trilogy.

Freddy's Dead was a pretty big letdown after part 5. Not sure why they completely ditched all the mythology for slapstick humor.

I just mean that a lot of the issues people have with 2 (the sister and Samhain angles mostly) were Carpenter's idea.

He strangled her to death tho.

The items on his night stand changed when they glued all the furniture to the ceiling 0/10 make the whole movie again

Seriously though, the way the blood ended up looking is really cool

I think Craven was just doing his best to bury the series for good at that point.

I doubt Craven was even getting phone calls about it at that point.

He's said that when he started working on New Nightmare he watched the entire series and was just baffled by what it became.

Christ. You're like the Chrischan of Black Christmas. Chill the fuck out

6>3>1>Remake>4>2>5>Goes To hell>FvJ>7>8>JasonX

Craven had nothing to do with 6.

New Nightmare was his "Bury this franchise forever" attempt and it's fan-fucking-tastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=TFeNebpWRek

>Freddy's makeup and outfit
>Freddy back to his menacing, sinister personality
>Tying into the franchise as a whole and its pop culture impact

Horror kino.

Shrek

A bunch of fairy tales ended up in his swamp and he beat up tons of guards and even got Lord Farquaad killed. That's the first movie. He got Fairy Godmother killed along with Prince Charming. Shrek's a fucking murderer running rampant and no one can stop him. Not even time stops him. That's the whole premise of Shrek 4. Shrek's a loose killing cannon. The fucker is insane.

You sound like a fucking loser lol

1, 3, and New Nightmare make the "Wes Craven Trilogy"
4, 5, and 6 make the "Goofballs Trilogy"
F v. J is a nice send off to the franchise as a whole.
And 2 is just full blown gay camp.

>Mmchsnge
What did he mean by this?
Was it autism ?

The main reason I like 4 and 5 is because coherent continuity between sequels was rare for slasher movies. Also, Alice is a pretty great final girl.

it was just a neck message senpai

the fuck did I just watch?

>Busta in Resurrection
>Ice Cube in Ghosts of Mars
>LL Cool J in Deep Blue Sea
Rappers are apparently easier to kill in real life than in movies.

>Remake better than Part IV: The Final Chapter

You've never seen New Nightmare, user?

It was Wes Craven doing the "Self aware but serious" horror thing before Scream
>Follows Heather Langenkamp, the actress who played Nancy
>It's the "real world", she's never been able to live A Nightmare on Elm Street down, but is trying to raise her son
>Some entity taking Freddy Krueger's form has bled into our reality, and begins haunting her, seeing her as "Nancy"
>The fictional and real worlds blend

It's maybe the best or second best film in the whole franchise. There's a lot of great cameos from past actors, and it returns Freddy to his serious, menacing state from the first film.

Netflix had it for a while. It might still be there.

>Carpenter
>Hack

please just end it all and kill yourself now. theres really no reason for you to exist

I strongly recommend anyone who does like TNOES/horror movies in general to watch this. Literally one of the best movie documentaries I've ever seen.

why are metalheads so autistic

My problem with 4 is it just feels like 3 again. It's a fine movie, but it brings little new to the table, and 3 did it better. Meanwhile, the remake is probably the best slasher remake to come out of that craze. Seriously, leave Halloween and Nightmare on Elm street to fail in their remakes, while Friday the 13th gets the highest quality one.

This and Crystal Lake Memories are some of the best documentaries. You get so much info and they spend a good amount of time on each film.

Different user, but beyond the cheese and Jason getting the iconic hockey mask, 4 outclasses it in every way.

>Tom Savini's back, so the effects are godly
>Better kills in general
>Better cast of characters
>Better tits (including old timey porn reel)
>An actual definitive ending
>Crispin Glover dancing

I really like the remake too. Did you ever read the theory that it takes place in the same universe as Michael Bay's Transfomers?

6>4>3>2>X>2009>1>7>Manhattan>Hell

Crispin Glover alone is worth watching it for. I'd love to hear stories from the cast members about what he was like on set. I'd love to hear his interpretation of his character.

shit forgot FvJ

put that right after 2

>Did you ever read the theory that it takes place in the same universe as Michael Bay's Transfomers?

Is there much of a theory?

It feels like you could place "kids get murdered by pissed off weedman" into any universe. It could be Pulp Fiction or X-Men.

Yeah. I'm oddly okay with it.
I dunno, none of the kills of 4 really stick out to me besides the corkscrew through the hand and the window one. I found 3 had the better characters, the more memorable location, and I think the better Jason actor. Richard Brooker really knew how to do an intimidating walk, while Tom White moved around and acted jittery too much.

>Crispin Glover dancing

The song that plays as that's happening is great. Sounds almost like it was written and performed by Trey Parker. It's also Lion, the same band that did the theme song for the OG Transformers movie.

Not a really a theory exactly. The actor that plays Trent was also in the first Transformers as the high school bully that was also named Trent. Friday the 13th shows what happens to him after Transformers.

Oh.

That'd be pretty dark then. I don't like Transformers, but I could dig it.

The first Bayformers, while a bit too long, is mostly ok. It's from part 2 onwards where everything went to shit.

Part 3 had Shelly and Vera who should have been the leads. They actually had some decent chemistry.

The remake was also produced by Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes.

I like that they go out of their way to make you kind of like Shelly. Any other movie he'd just be a sperglord weirdo but the scene you posted is a lot more effective than what the standard 80's slasher is known for.

>"You don't even like me, I can tell."
>"I DO like you Shelly, but not when you act like a jerk!"
>"...It's better to be a jerk than to be nobody at all."

Agreed. There was also the scene where she complimented him on his juggling or whatever. They were way more interesting than the actual leads.

Anyone else agree that Jackie Earl Haley actually did a decent job at playing Freddy? Yes the movie was still shit but if handled by a better director (and bay was no where near it) it could have been good

Also I liked that they finally addressed the whole freddy was a pedo thing. It made him more creepy to me.

Sounds cool.
Which "part"/version is this in?

He was definitely the best part of the movie. I don't even remember who played the new Nancy but she was no Heather Langenkamp and her weird looking boyfriend is no Johnny Depp.

Remember when Michael Myers got killed by Busta Rhymes?

Resurrection is honestly better than 4 and 5 as a sequel.

He got killed by Dimension Films, technically.

NO ONE IN THIS THREAD HAS MENTIONED JASON YET REE

What are you talking about? Scroll up a little.

He was the only good thing in that pile of shit movie.

I like JTM the best. Does that make me a bad person?

What about The Burning?
>is it kino?

Only the raft scene is kino. It's not worth sitting through all the bullshit when you barely get any kills and Costanza doesn't die

Is the Mutilator slasherkino?

I know, Rob is a nice guy and he likes so many things I like and I guess we'd be great friends... But his movies are really not that good.

This is a great angle.

Someone else has seen this movie? *high-five*

I think he just stole another car any time he needed gas or hitch rides with people.
It would be so great to see Michael do everyday activities like stopping for gas and snacks.

I think adressing the pedo thing was a huge mistake.
In the original Freddy killed "kids", but those were kids as in teens, like Nancy's age.
Pedophilia isn't the right kind of scary for a slasher movie and the scene with her on the bed, dressed up like a little girl made me uncomfortable because it felt like it was meant to be sexy.

I remember watching this when i was younger, the death of the killer is pure slasherkino

Well anyways they were underage so he is technically a pedo in law terms i think. not because he killed them only doesnt mean that he didnt creep the underaged people...lol im overthinking this too much

Yeah, but creeping on an underage girl who could easily pass as being 20 or literal kindergarteners are two entirely different things.

It's pure kino, recently saw it a few months ago and was blown away by how good the deaths are.

Too good, that's how you end a slasher movie.

>tfw I can't even get excited about Halloween this year

Work ruins your fucking life

Halloween was never a big deal for me. Can't watch horror movies, they're too scary, I saw a bit of "It" as a kid and it fucked with me for a while. Also, humid state, you sweat your balls off walking around at all, let alone with a costume or a mask

I don't like the emotion fear because it gives me way too much stress.
Why do people enjoy horror movies? Not that Halloween is a scary film or any thing though.

I'm thankful that I go to a Catholic university, so we get All Saints Day off. Let's me enjoy Halloween right.

The original movie heavily implied that he was a child molester as well. That's why the Elm Street adults got together, torched him and hid his remains in the junkyard.

Any more good movies slasher or horror???

i watched maybe all of the obvious kinos but what are other good horror kino??

Is Maniac Cop B kino?

Maniac Cop is good just for Bruce Campbell but I haven't seen any of the sequels but I heard the second is pretty good.

Definitely recommend the Slumber Party Massacre trilogy, the Sleepaway Camp Trilogy, and the Mutilator. All of them have great kills and are campy in a good way.

The second part has a good police station
massacre

Also i already seen that movies you mentioned

I'll have to watch it this month.

Well then I applaud you user for your good taste. Check out Chopping Mall, the Stuff, and Terrorvision if you haven't seen those yet either.

I would also recommend Terror Train and New Year's Evil but both are New Year's Eve Slasher films so you should save those till then.

:( i watched a lot of horror films that now i have to rewatch most of the good ones.

I wish Child's play was more kino, i only imagine the possibilities that chucky brought to the table, imagine the creppy scenes when Charles spoke to Andy at night.

Yeah those films just don't hold up now. The first one had a really great premise but was sort of ruined by the fact that the doll is actually killing people.

It would have been way creepier if it was all just in Andy's head and he actually was the killer.

nigga fucking Scream 2 was dope as fuck on the mint bitch

Cory was cool as fuck too

speaking of Rob Zombie:
that roodypoo has officially lost the plot. dude could write his first movie 20 different ways and hit it out of the park every time so long as he stops recycling the 'muh wife' and gang of psychotic inbred hillbillies tropes. salem and 31 come across as tacky pandering to alt lifestyle fetishists.

Speaking of inbreds has anyone watched the movie "Inbred". Ive found that bad but fun movie.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbred_(film)

youtube.com/watch?v=3lvUCAHRa6I

Started strangling her and then slit her throat in the end after the struggle.

Of all the Slashers I watched last year, the Halloween series was the only one I could not finish. It's been consistently bad, worse than any of the other horror series.
Do as you wish and like whatever movie you want to, it's just your opinion after all. My reasons for disliking Halloween are quite simple, as the entire series played like a very bad soap opera that relied on tropes which could be found in a bad comic-book.
I liked 3 more than 2 just for the fact that it had nothing to do with the franchise, but knew what it was: a silly Halloween film.

I didn't even like most of the NOES series, or Friday 13th, because I couldn't lower my standards thia much. But that's mostly because slashers aren't really my thing. I tried anyway.
New Nightmare was fine, but (as it stands now) has aged rather poorly and can be quite boring. The only thing that counts here is entertainment, and you usually get this by doing something more unique and fresh, the concept of it was indeed that. But I prefer NOES2 because of the gay sub-context and the fact that it played a little like a dumb high-school comedy.
The sequels had some potential, and by 4 it became a self-parody which was the best move they could make. Too bad that the movie was too bland, while 5 catered most definitely too much towards teenagers... so much so that it felt like Goosebumps to me.

Got any working stream for it?

Bump

Having said that, I like the Friday 13th series the most, up until 6.
They were quite simple, and not much was done and surely could be boring for some, but I always liked the end fights they had. They were somewhat intense and felt like a guy struggling against a supervillain.

Halloween ended in H2O

Is that thread only to list movies or is an open discussion like this, i read some parts but i found this thread better than that

???

1=2>3=4=FvJ>5=2009>6>7=9>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XIf you wouldn't mind why do you rate 6 so high?

I think its because of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=mInvrHJgm7A

Yeah, but a character can stand for something without actually being the thing it represents.

I thought they did that because he, you know, killed their children?
Where'd you get that info? Also, the "children" in the original were, again, about Nancy's age.

Doesn't matter. The word literally means death by elextricity.

>I prayed that he would burn in Hell. But in my heart, I knew that Hell WOULD not have him.

Every scene with this man is pure kino. It's sad to think the last sound Donald Pleasence made in film before his death was just him inexplicably screaming.

If you have no intention of watching it then why complain about him not spoilering it, you fucking idiot?

It's a humorous take off on the franchise as a whole while having some of the most memorable kills in the whole franchise, not to mention a great soundtrack.

>his eyes aren't pitch black

wut

Not him but I'd ask the same of you. The original is nothing special. Part 6 has a good mix of humor and memorable kills. Plus it's the introduction of zombie Jason. Oh and for the first and only time in the series, the camp is actually open and has kids staying there.

I don't think so. Or at least I was under the impression that Freddy was killing kids when Nancy was very young.

I didn't like Freddy's design but he actually made a decent job.

There's a scene where Nancy's mom tells her about the parents getting together and inflicting vigilante justice on Freddy after he got off on a technicality of some sort.

>picked kids to kill for no reason
The first two movies are him terrorizing his sister and it's just bad luck for her friends around her

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Laurie being his sister thing wasn't introduced until part 2? It's been a while since I've watched it.

Correct and Freddy was taking revenge on them by killing their now high school aged children. Back when they killed Freddy, Nancy and her friends were probably only 5-7 or something.

>The remake is already almost eight years old.

AAAAAAAAAAAAa

Seen this beforw but i never noticed the 13 in the lake waves

Link for NOES documentary?

Agree user the Loomis character is an integral part of slasher kino. Mr. Pleasence had an natural aura about him very believable performances.

hope it works for you

watchfree.to/watch-4ce09-Never-Sleep-Again-The-Elm-Street-Legacy-movie-online-free-putlocker.html

Nope. You're right. I was thinking of the added psyche hospital scenes they made while shooting 2 so 1 could air on tv and fill the time slot.

Loomis had better luck fighting pure evil as a priest

>tfw we will probably not get another Halloween movie

You shut your fucking whore mouth. What's there left to do with Hellraiser?

H20 is like a Lifetime TV movie. Michael is completely undersold as a threat. It's almost slapstick how badly Laurie beats the shit out of him. Only the ending was good.

I've heard Critters is awful

The most scared I've ever been was a year ago when I stumbled upon alantutorial on YouTube.
I watched the entire channel late at night from the beginning. By the end I was too scared to move.

>no Lisa and the Devil

so I'm guessing you hate nineties fans?

What is with that??

I googled it and it appear to be some weeb on youtube, care to explain please

Sure.
Why does he keep casting this friends from his other movies, though.
I kind of almost liked the remake, then it went downhill for me..

>Also I liked that they finally addressed the whole freddy was a pedo thing. It made him more creepy to me.
The way it was delivered in the original was better imo. Nancy's mother refers to him as a creep who targets children, which has the right amount of ambiguity and malice, and made his return as a dream demon seem much more of a result of his evil nature than what was actually done to him

If you watch his videos in the order he released him you start to see he's fucked up and scary

>Scream 4
>first few seconds talking about horror cliches
Can I even say it's pretentious. It's been done in Scream, in any other sequel, but by a sole character, a geek. It wasn't meant to be overly serious. But here, right off the bat, done by two "hot" girls.
While this, of course, could be a play on how horror's audience changed and such tropes are more common knowledge nowadays (or at least moreso than before, thanks to the internet), it obviously is not (even though it does have a webcam kill IIRC, but the guy isn't smart enough to attack such topics in that kind of way, I would think) and comes off as overplayed and just dumb as fuck. Quite horrendous.

>thumbnail

FFFFFUUUUUUU, i want the whole set!

Here you go senpai