Rome/Deadwood

I'm working my way down the list of Cred Forums recommended show and I'm having a hard time deciding the next one I watch

I've narrowed it down to two shows: Rome and Deadwood

What say you, Cred Forums?

I haven't seen rome but deadwood is the better show by a mile

How can you decide that when you haven't both?

I like to watch everything until I pass judgement

watch Deadwood first, because when you watch Rome, you're gonna get really stoked on the Romans and you're gonna want to watch Spartacus and Julius Caesar and movies on the Roman emperors. Basically, you're never gonna get to watching Deadwood.

1. Deadwood
2. Rome and other Rome related media

I got triggered by how everything felt supercondensed in Rome. The entire setting felt small.

On the other hand Deadwood only expanded as it went and at all times it felt authentic.

This tbqh. The thing about Deadwood is there are so few decent Western series that you probably won't watch anything related.

Thinking man, I love it

Now that you've mentioned it, I realize that's exactly how it would play out for me. I've been meaning to watch Spartacus anyhow so I would've been hooked for sure.

Good point, I'll get my fill of Deadwood first and then go on to be a Romanboo

Thanks, Cred Forums

Rome wasn't really supercondensed. They didn't really show everything either. But they presented the more important stuff about politics and how the main characters got to where they got.

Also, Atia is a total fucking milf. I felt a bit bad for her in the end.

honestl, both shows are really great, you cant miss,watch them both, i would watch Deadwood first
because its bingeable as hell and you will run out of episodes sooner than you think.
Ill list some shows under A and B ,if A then Rome , if B then Deadwood.
A:GOT,Vikings,Spartacus,Last Kingdom
B:Justified, The Bridge, McCoy (kev costner show)

T-thanks anons. I'm all a-blush.

well, deadwood is by far the better of the two

Just out of curiosity, how did Jefferey Jones get on the show? Did they not care that he's a sex offender?

milch is big on forgiveness and shit

Cocksucker.

I prefer Deadwood, but Rome is definitely worth watching as well.

>it's a Mr. Mathews leaves Philly and moves west episode

Rome is shorter, just two seasons, so power through that and mourn the loss of season 3. Then do the same when you get to the end of Deadwood.

this

Deadwood is great, Rome as well, but yeah, i got in a Rome zone afterwards and read biographies and the plays and stuff

I've seen both and he's right.

Rome is brilliant, but Deadwood is something special. Amazing.

It's only pipped by The Sopranos as the greatest American TV show ever.

Jesus Christ this fucking meme again

Deadwood is literally nothing fucking happens: the show, featuring the most annoying bitch ever put on screen

Rome is a quality show.

I really like both of these shows and I am currently watching Rome s2.
However I could never shake the feeling that both of these shows "got lost" towards the end. Something just was not the same, maybe it had something to do with funding and/or the knowledge that they would get canned.

Same thing happened with the Oz. Hell, Oz went pretty much full retard with all the supernatural and biblical shit

Maybe it is something with how HBO handles their shows.

It's much lower quality but I still enjoyed Hell on Wheels

Deadwood doesn't have a conclusion, Romes conclusion is rushed.

Go with Rome.

>tfw Rome: Total War came out at the same time as HBO's Rome, The History Channel went full Roman,

I started drinking wine while I was in this phase that lasted for several years.

How do brain dead simpletons like you come to believe your opinions are worth sharing?

Their mummies tell them that they are special every night before bed.

Both are good but note Rome is a bit trashier, Deadwood is absolute kino

Deadwood > Carnivale > Rome

there ya go

San Francisco Cocksucker detected.

because they did condenses it, it was supposed to be 5 or 6 seasons long.

>Did they not care that he's a sex offender?
it depends on what kind of offensive sex did he have

Deadwood is the best written show ever, at least in terms of good dialogue.

Rome is all around solid.

MUH MAN GOSSIP SHOWS

Grow some balls you gossip queens

Deadwood is way better but Rome had the potential to match it. It needed one more season. Augustus reign could have been epic.