Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree that this was a piece of shit and a huge disappointment, right?

Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree that this was a piece of shit and a huge disappointment, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/72973765/#q73010420
youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ#1h23m34s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not out yet

two words: hack frauds

Yeah it is. I just watched it.

It was fine. There were some moments I laughed, but in the main it was just fine.

It's difficult to be controversial about this new fi;m, partly because it's not a finished trilogy, and partly because it's not an absolute disaster like the prequels and TNG movies were.

lazy fucks

quoting a wise user from another shitpost
>this review is the TFA of the reviews

>Mike cucked prequelfags yet again
Bahahaha fucking pathetic

>the man who has called out prequel bs is okay with Rey being a reincarnation of Darth Vader

is this some kind of joke?

>le prequels bogeyman XD

>people watch the video already

Ayy

>not watching at 1.5x speed

kill yourself pleb

>30 minutes out of this 1h36m YT video is about TFA
What did they mean by this?

Prequels >>>>> this corporate consumerist piece of shit. And I don't like the prequels, but fuck at least they had some sort of auteur in it. They had a vision, it was plagued with bad dialogue and other faulty storylines but fuck, it was way better than literally just A New Hope but BIGGER GUNZS!!!

Well it was. But the TFA wasn't bad enough.

>This is what RLM fags actually believe

TFA was soulless, derivative garbage.

What's your reddit account, Cred Forums GOLD user?

why do you even bother. you know you're browsing a transition board between shreddit and 4chunz. It's a lost cause

>NEET can't afford $15

how cute

>le ebin prequel fans

Mike did shit on TFA quite a bit, but he shit on you autists even more.

What's that next to your name

there are baboons on this planet that has a better reading comprehension than yours.
Really makes your axons depolarize, doesn't it?

mouse over it you fucking idiot.

?TFA handled diversity well

The fuck> A bunch of fags from marketing forcing "diversity" on Star Wars is a good thing?

OMG THANKS! XD Upboat!

Edit. whoa whoa whoah gents and gentilesses. Thanks for the gold!

global cuck mark, I see

It's irrelevant since only butthurt fags cry about it.

The fact that it was being so heavily promoted as "diverse" was pretty ham-fisted and annoying. The backlash didn't come from nowhere.

Nobody gave a shit. Well, you and 1000 other autists did, but no one really gave a shit

browsing Cred Forums the first times Finn came out on the teasers were glorious days

did this mother fucker just seriously insult the goonies?

mike needs to be fired

>People to apathetic to notice social conditioning don't care about blatant politicization

What a surprise.

Why not just stay on infowars or breitbart?

The goonies is fucking shit

Yes, I genuinely enjoyed the autistic level of nitpicking he's done in the past like the facemask thing and that window in first contact. Its sad that while he does point stuff out its not as thorough because he spends half the video on stuff we all talked about 2 years ago.

yes, user, you becoming incensed about these inconsequential things proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are the sole remaining bulwark defending the virtue of the white race from the insidious claws of the jewish horde

You are truly so enlightened and above all of us because you made angry shitposts on an imageboard

You could have done the same attention whoring for free by just putting on a trip.

>The media using a popular franchise as a means of political manipulation is inconsequential

The Plinkett video, ofcourse it is.

wtf are you talking about it's a movie set in space full of aliens, is Lando being black political? Don't answer that

Yes, user, you are totally correct, everything is a part of some subversive plot masterminded by a nefarious cabal intent on destroying everything that you personally as an expert internet user hold dear.

Society is going to crumble into the ocean and in five million years a highly evolved race of cuttlefish will stumble upon our internet archives and be left in awe at your wisdom and precognition

Georeg Lucas didn't pat himself on the back for having a negro in his movies.

OK, so Mike shits on:

>Movie Blob = Movie Bob
>Cinema Crimes = Cinema Sins
>Bros Know = Shmoes Know
>The Popcorn Gang = ?
>Film Crappers = ?
>Every Movie is terrible = ?
>Cynema de Bergerac = ?
>Your Movie sucks Muh dick = Dog rapist YMS
>The Theater Anus = ?
>The Dick Critic = ?
>Everything in Movies is fucking wrong = ?
>Cinema Smegma = ?
>Popcorn Movie Farts Podcast = ?
>Film is Toilet Paper = ?
>Movie cum dumpster = ?
>Movie's Bloody stool gave me AIDS = ?

Which one of these are joke names and which are for real?

The YMCA segment was great

The issue with doing a plinkett review about Episode 7 is that the film just wasnt that bad

The prequels are complete dog shit so you can do an 1 hour + review about them

Episode 7 a remake/soft reboot or not was just a decent film

actually he does.
Look into the Red Tails movie. He pushed the whole thing as some political statement about hollywood, when in fact he had made a shit movie that no one wanted to distribute.

>spaces between lines
>don't bother to reply

it's like you crossposter faggots from shreddit don't even try anymore.
what that other autist was pointing out is that once there is a conglomerate of people, like hollywood, all with everything in common, including political views, and the power to spread them, they might indeed try to push an agenda, since they have the will to do it and the power to force it. it's not rocket science

autism

This desu

>No spaces between lines
>Accuses others of being reddit

It's like you crossposter faggots from freddit don't even try anymore.

>the ultimate tripfaggot thinks he now has a say

Lel

>people are excusing this shitty review because of nostalgia for the first three Plinkett reviews

No RLM fags, you are the prequel fans.

>The issue with doing a plinkett review about Episode 7 is that the film just wasnt that bad
Which is why this isn't specifically a review of Episode 7. But there seems to be a lot of autists that don't understand this and call the entire first half of the video "filler" because they're apparently stupid.

thanks for proving my point fagtron

Here me out.

What if... Star Wars was never good.

4 and 5 are good

The rest arn't though

they're mostly just made up names for retard literally who e-critics. where did he get the idea for such a funny gag?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/72973765/#q73010420

>it's a mike tries to justify liking a shit movie by appealing to his bizarre headcanon episode

Whatever kid, enjoy reddit.

4 was boring as fuck and the effects were shit.

5 was decent.

>4 was boring as fuck

i know you're trying to be edgy on purpose but just stop

The ring theory shit was pointless.

Everything else was on point. 9/10.

>sexuality in x movie: sexism
>sexuality in y movie: human nature, warmth

really makes you think tbqhwyf

5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > who cares

I'm not being 'edgy'
5 was decent, but 4 is just fucking boring.

Star Wars was never fucking good.

>People are so stupid they get pissed with the shitty new Captcha system asking for street signs that can't determine how much or how little sign is needed in a square to make it part of the required clicking
>Decide to fall for the jew scheme and get Cred Forums Pass
>Couldn't figure out legacy Captcha

Just typed 1880 and I'm ready to post.

>prequelfags butthurt that they got btfo'd

if you didn't like it you are a shitty redditor millenial under the influence of the disney kool-aid

true Cred Forums bros know what's what

>RLM fags trying to save face after this pleb shit

>kid
>kys
>meme words

this is how you know you won
don't bother to reply.

It was a good review but I guess I expected it to be funnier. Not many stand-out moments/quotes like the others.

Correct

oright kid

I hated this piece of shit so badly I'm going to kill the entire RLM gang.

God this is so fucking boring.

Should I just skip until they start talking about Force Awakens I'm half an hour in.

how does it feel to wake up every morning feeling the taste of shit in your mouth? don't you want to end it?

Just finished watching it. Though it wasn't nearly as funny was the originals aside from a few lines here and there.

The turn to evil works, or has the potential to work at all, if you don't know it's going to happen.

>that entire segment making fun of and discrediting all those Prequel apologists

Thank you, Mike.

Mike is on FIRE with cancer jokes.

It should have been 45-60 minutes shorter, especially the ring theory part should have been cut altogether, who gives a shit about that, seems like Mike's personal vendetta.

The best - possible the only good - part was the actual movie review starting at the 50 minutes mark.

>Again, it's like picking the positives of cancer. You get to stay home from work! You save money at the barber shop! Eat what you want and STILL lose weight!

Cred Forums STATUS:

OUT

FUCKING

SKILLED

Calling it a "review" is a little charitable. He barely touched on anything.

>seems like Mike's personal vendetta.

That's what the Plinkett reviews have always been. Mike's fundamentally autistic.

>spending that much time on the ring theory bullshit

How did he discredit them? He didn't present a real counter-argument.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WAS THAT A MOVIESLOB ATTACK?!

Fuck off SaganFan

>just came out
>Now that the dust has settled
You're an idiot.

YOU'RE fucking shit.

Not an argument.

Wait, pass users get a symbol next to their name? when the fuck did this happen? Why would Hiro do this?

I'm glad he calls out the """""""""""""""""nerd""""""""""""""""""" culture bullshit surrounding everything. Fuck, I can't stand people like that.

I just don't get it, if you're going to dedicate your life to something completely dumb and meaningless, why would you pick the most mainstream pleb thing possible?

I never saw it tebehe. Too old for that now, but is it like Lost Boys?

Earlier today it was at the bottom of every Cred Forums pass users post. this is an improvement.

t. cuck who's only been here for 3 days

Mike is autistic.

Only if you want to. It's been mostly used for shitposting purposes so far so I expect it to be removed soon.

now read again what you just posted and apply it to rlm

>Zero reading comprehension
>Term 'kys' wasn't even in the post

kys

I'm fine with her turning evil. In fact, I might even like it.

But if her being a literal reincarnation of Anakin becomes canon I'm dropping this shit. I'm sick of them milking Darth Vader. He was a decent villain in the original trilogy, but they need to move the fuck on already.

Yeah but people care about the movies while there are tons of shitty theories like that surrounding Star Wars that are obviously retarded. Mike just seemed triggered that someone invested so much bullshit into trying to rehabilitate something he himself had previously invested so much bullshit into to discredit that he felt forced to respond. In fact everyone having a look at that ring theory crap could see right away that even if those throwbacks are intentional they wouldn't make the prequels cinematic masterpieces. Making an argument is just a waste of everyone's time.

there was something kind of pathetic about the way he spent so much time debunking and shitting on dumb internet articles, like all he's done since in the last few years is read dumb internet shit and get mad at it

>just wanted to see mike make fun of some of the dumb things about episode 7
>he's actually making fun of me for thinking the prequels are bad but not completely without value

it hurts mike please stop raping my anus

Oh nice, I'll have to turn it on. I've been a pass user from the beginning.

it was a list of examples you goofball.

meh it's OK so far.

>30 minutes in and he hasn't once talked about Force Awakens
>just rambling about some retarded fan theory nobody fucking cares about
Jesus Christ this is awful.

It might have been removed actually. Doesn't seem to be working for me now.

I see the symbol on your posts though.

how's that any different from getting mad and shitting on dumb movies that he doesn't have to watch?

they're both pathetic, you just prefer one over the other. no big deal.

I think he just didn't have enough passion.

The listing was way overused in the review, I'd say about 50% was him just listing things, mentioning things in a house, mentioning examples of the ring theory etc.

You do? Hm. I'm on Cred Forums X so I don't know. Maybe that filters it. I'm not seeing it now.

exemplify this

*unzips dick*

giving out your money FOR FREE

I think TFA belongs in the same league as the prequels
It was technically better made but it's just passionless shit like they were and to a lesser extent 6

movie criticism is much better than listicle criticism

This review is a copy of older reviews, like tfa is a copy of anh. Well played.

Underage fags like prequels. Thanks for outing yourself.

This was easily the worst Plinkett "review" if you can even call it that.

He spend the entire first 30 minutes talking about the fucking Ring Theory, some bullshit a pretentious fan shat out back in 2014. There's not even any humor to it, he literally just reads off the website for a half hour in the Plinkett voice.
Not to mention the video is basically clickbait. Calling it "The Star Wars Awakens", while saying that its a TFA review in the description, and then barely focusing on any particular subject beyond the fucking ring theory.
Face it, this Plinkett thing ended a few years ago. Half in the Bag is their main show and has been for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last time we see a Stoklasa-Plinkett review.

>spends literally half an hour rambling about a fan theory

I never said I like the prequels.

Autism.

But you did tho, didn't you?

Are you saying that Adam Johnston from YMS (your movies suck) is a dog rapist who enjoys beastiality?

>tfw to smart for plinkett reviews
who do I watch now?

ha! jokes on you. i'm actually a multipanmegasexual being from the third moon of galaxya the trans planet with no legs, arms or mouth. i get my daily energy from my non-dead-hyperliving darkish wife's son just to shitpost on TFA threads. Such is my only purpose in life

I don't read clickbait but were there really that many people shitting on 3po?

He was legitimately funny in 4 and 5.

Tell that to the prequel apologists who kept posting that theory here a couple of months ago

You could try reading.

>youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ#1h23m34s
>"I mean a black guy that didn't want to shoot his gun? Now this really is science fiction!"

So which was better?

Space Cop or the new review?

Is Adam Johnston from YMS (your movies suck) who is a dog rapist who enjoys beastiality a pedo too?

yes

Me or Mike?

This is 9/10. Space Cop was 7,5/10.

So, tell me if I'm wrong, adam johnston, the "man" from YMS which stands for your movies suck, is a dog rapist (who) enjoys not only beastiality but is also a child rapist who enjoys pedophilia?

other way around fám

HOL UP
*smacks lips*
YOU TELLIN ME THIS ADAM JOHNSTON NIGGA
*steals bike*
HOL UP YOU TELLIN ME HE BE SOME FINNA DOOOOG RAPIST WHO...
NIGGA LEMME GET THIS STRAIGHT HEARRR
*smacks lips again*
ENJOYS BEASTIALITY?

My thoughts exactly. I was actually kinda surprised how hard that first 30 minutes was to sit through. Not a single laugh was had. Not even a lip twitch or a sharp exhale.

When is that?

Mike spent all that tme BTFOing the ring theory because he feels like he'd partly created it

Eh, I laughed at both.

Yes, Adam Johnston from YMS (your movies suck) is a dog rapist who enjoys beastiality and children. Poor Scrappy Doo

Great. Next time I take a shit, I'll be sure to spend a half hour bent over the toilet, verbally discrediting it.

this desu

It has a few good bits, as dumb as the sex pizza one was I still found it to be one of the funnier ones.

Shame it didn't go into the Mary Sue thing, they seem to seriously think Rey is going to be like Anakin and turn into a female Vader or something.

I think the more likely route is that the endgame is having Rey merge with the Force and turn into somekind of pure Force Needs-No-Man Goddess.

I'm now 45 minutes in and still nothing to do with actual reviewing, just more rambling about stupid shit.

I can't believe people actually paid for this lmao

Kek

That's a big part of german culture

Memes aside is he actually a kiddydiddler as well?

can you communicate like a person

Check the link's timestamp and manually go there.

The automatic timestamping in the embedded player usually fucks up.

i think that they're going to introduce shades of grey into the light side/dark side concept with kylo and rey both meeting in the middle vs. snoke

5>4>7>3>6>2>1

Lighten up queer

I don't know tebehe but it would be consistent wouldn't it? Quick anons, someone find Adam Johnston from YMS (your movies suck) is a dog rapist who enjoys beastiality on a stream or video where he says he wants to fuck kids.

Strange to think that an hour and a half of someone vaguely rambling in a monotone voice could possibly be boring.

The pizza skit is like that Olsen sisters wanking in the other reviews only better.

Did he not agree with the mighty Cred Forums and actually enjoy it?

at least he actually talked about the movie he was supposed to review in the old ones

Why did he call J Law cancer?
Why did they bleep the word cancer?

I though it was OK, besides Mike begging for interracial love scenes. I'm hoping for something more like the Matrix or LotR/Hobbit next, I've had enough star wars for now.

I thought it was cunt.

We're not complaining because of his opinion. We're complaining because a made a very long, pointless, shitty rant video and mis-titled it as a Plinkett review

Is this a joke? Are you stupid?

that image

it was cunt

get it

because she's a massive cunt

fuck the Goonies, whats more concerning is that he claims that Hackers has not aged well

She's a cunt

and she's a cunt

>bleeps out the word "cunt"
>Takes the Lord's name in vain and says "fuck" constantly

Why is Mike so inconsistent?

hackers was absurd in 1995

THIS

Yep, it has none of the edge or humor or depth of analysis of his previous plinkett reviews, in fact it shows just how much internet fandom and circlejerkery can turn a genuine good reviewer into someone who panders almost exclusively to the reddit demographic.

What a fucking shame

I'm a quarter of an hour in, when does he stop talking about the prequels and George Lucas?

My god that comment section is more toxic than an MMO Genchat. Why do they even enable comments anymore?

59 minutes in

Americans are offended deeply by the word cunt for some reason

according to the bazillion shitposts until now he should change subject after 45-50 minutes in

what's with all the limp wristed libtards on Cred Forums all of a sudden?

Oh trust me, he will continue to ramble on about that ring theory garbage for at least another 20 minutes.

They've always done this, going all the way back to The Grabowskis. They just bleep out random swear words when it makes it funnier than actually just saying the swear word. The inconsistency is part of the joke.

>Shitting on movieblob
ayy lmao

> Is that why my cats keep dying?

>Pass user symbol

>toxic

What does any of this have to do with TFA?

so why did mike spend over half of this video on shit he's already talked about and not the actual movie

> ywn fuck an alien tranny and have her ask about your sexual organs as you kick your foot over a chair to sit on it

>First FIFTY ONE MINUTES are literally not even about TFA, literally filler, reviewing INTERNET REVIEWERS
>A full 50%
JUST

This was the only reason I haven't killed myself for 6 months, so I could laugh at a new Plinkett review, and it sucked. I guess I'll set a date and buy a shotgun.

why is he talking so long about a theory no one ever heard about?

That's because this isn't just a review of TFA. It's about the current state of Star Wars as a whole leading up to and then including the release of TFA. That's why the video isn't called "The Force Awakens Review"

That review was fucking awful

HOLY FUCK
It's just like Episode VII!
BRILLIANT
It rhymes.

>10. Diversity Awakens

Does anyone else feel like they should've held off on any Plinkett reviews for the new trilogy until post Ep IX? The fact that this review spends the majority of its time not even discussing TFA is a joke. Save the fan theories for the clickbait vids with Rich.

Ultimately there isn't much to say yet since the true test of VII's quality and legacy will be what happens in the following movies. I personally thought TFA was hot garbage but I'll be ready to change my mind if VIII and IX build something good out of it.

This is the first RLM video I've ever 'disliked'.

I thought Mike loved TFA?

Because there wasn't much to talk about in the actual movie that wasn't already said about episode IV or not already mentioned in their half in the bag review

Essential Mr.plinkett kino? I'm just starting.

did u think it ment "dis i like"? ;)

No. The video just sucked.

Reminder that he'd get copyright claimed to hell if he did a proper review

all of them except this one

It had a couple of good jokes and gags but overall disappointing, especially considering the wait. Half the review isn't about TFA and the half that is is only trivia about stuff that doesn't matter and "wouldn't this be better?" fantasy, not a hardcore analysis of the film like I expected.

> those disney world cosplayers dancing

Maybe that's why the review puts off actually talking about the movie.

This is a poor excuse for the videos content and quality (or lack thereof).

> good intentions
It's like how I feel about the Democratic party.

They should just have waited to make it

No, autists are just angry he doesn't share their opinion because they're fucktards who just want to hear their own opinions parroted back to them

I don't think this would have been a problem if he first discussed the film and then went into the meta-discussion on fan theories and the general state of Star Wars tbqh. The sudden prequels defense movement was a contingency from the films, it would have made more sense to analyse them later as a cause-effect thing.The review was genuinely hilarious, but that really bothers me.

Did all of you fuckers complaining about Mike not talking about Episode VII only not watching the fucking Plinkett Awakens trailer? It was pretty obvious he was going to talk about the current state of Star Wars today as well as Episode VII. It's like you guys are the fucking retards he complains about.

episode 8 and the Han Solo anthology movie are the real make or break point for Disney's series. Can they move the story in a new and interesting direction & can they recast the iconic characters

Yes red letter media is a piece of shit.

Its fine considering they are spoofing a decent movie.

All these faggots expecting it to be better than the prequels are delusional.

Plus that destruction of prequel conspiracy theories was excellent.

How do I even know what Plinkett's opinions about TFA are? He won't even talk about it.

It makes sense that this isn't all a Force Awakens review. He liked it, and the parts where he's complaining about are mostly him writing fanfiction. Putting the focus on Star Wars in general was smart because it's a lot more interesting to talk about.

No one is complaining about that. Did you even read the thread? We're mad because the video was lacking on every level, regardless of his opinion.

It was way too soon. We had years to dissect the prequels before the Plinkett review. We we able to see every major flaw. And we were able to put it in perspective since all 3 were out and we could see the totality of it all and its cultural impact of it.

>it's a plinket shits on the prequels again video

RLM fags are thissssssssssssss defensive.

The problem is "state of star wars" half is fucking shit.

The Ring Theory section is unbearable and dumping on prequel apologists part is just slowly reading back peoples shitty takes with nothing interesting to say about them

Why would he talk about The Force Awakens BEFORE talking about the state of Star Wars leading up to The Force Awakens? Narratively, the video would be a mess.

>When making the first film that is supposed to set up a cinematic universe the last thing you wanna do is make a terrible off putting movie your audiences hates.

>40 minutes in
>he hasn't even started on TFA

g-guys?

I couldnt get through this.
There was just too much fluff.

>dude houses have tables, bedrooms, tables, bathrooms, lights, grass tards, garages

Mike's ideas on where he would've taken a new Star Wars trilogy really makes me wish that he was interested in making real movies, instead of fuck-off nonsense with his friends. He's got a good head on his shoulders and has a really good grasp on storytelling and filmmaking.

The fact that this exists at all is worth celebrating.

>That transexual women
It was pretty on point for some things

Kek sure, we both know that if the review was 60 minutes of shitting on Finn and Rey, then calling Disney soulless scumbags the thread would be praising it as GOAT

He's such a fucking coward. He can see the film was shit and unoriginal but he wants to pander to his reddit audience.

>DAE hate le star wars prequels?

so brave m'sir!

Get fucked, prequel loving faggot. Your day of reckoning is here.

Just look at the comments section on all their videos. Nothing but 3 year old stale reposted memes that have lost all meaning.
Every
Single
Comment
It's gotten so bad they've even addressed it in videos. Their fan base is absolute garbage and they know it.

He should of been a little harsher, especially since the "little problems" he was making fun of weren't that much different than his actual points that followed.

The only thing I greatly disagree with is bringing up the "black male lead" "issue". Did he not connect websites were doing the same shit that Ghostbusters had?

>Mike's a coward for not having the same opinion as me!
God you fuckers are embarrassing.

> The movie business is like professional gambling.
Fuck. Lucas said something right.

> Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree that this was a piece of shit and a huge disappointment, right?

At no point in the review does Mike ever hand down anything other than mild criticisms and wishes that it were more original, while praising all of the good elements that existed in the movie. His harshest criticisms are against Disney, and their desire to hammer the franchise into the ground like they're doing with Marvel.

Welcome to most online communities, even games I play I see autists from here spamming their memes

It sucks.
We know.

>Just look at the comments section on all their videos
people read youtube comments?

7 mins in, it's about nothing yet... please get better

>Nothing but 3 year old stale reposted memes that have lost all meaning.

JUST
t. cuck
for you

>Spends like 10 minutes going nowhere bitching about the lack of sex in TFA and how the didn't have the "balls" to do an interracial kiss

"Oh my god I'm literally shitting on Star Wars"

They shouldn't be in the same video, they only are because they don't have anything of substance to say about TFA

STAR WARS POWER RANKINGS

5>7>4>6>3>1>2

4>5>6>7>3>2>1>

This made me laugh. So did the Taco Bell crash montage for some reason.

What did you shitters LIKE about the review?

I would argue that a Plinkett review that isn't a scathing diatribe of hate and vitriol isn't worth the time or effort to make or watch. Just like his Star Trek 09 review.

so is youtube automatically bleeping stuff in videos, or are people uploading them doing that?

>It's a "Mike invents his own imaginary plot so he can rationalize liking TFA then berates people when they do the same with the prequels"

wew lad

Nearly

5>4>7>6>3>1>2

>Mike liked TFA

Cancelling my Patreon, enjoy $20 less a month you fucking sellout

I agree with you until you get to the prequels. I'd go

5>7>4>6>1>2>3

Worst thing about Phantom is Anakin and Jar Jar, remove them and you're left with a mediocre at worst movie. Attack of the Clones is so fucking boring that by the time that you get to Geonosis, the audience is barely conscious and Revenge of the Sith is basically just a movie-length FMV sequence.

I don't get how people hate the prequels yet think TFA is remotely better.

I think it's whether you prefer ANH or TFA. They're really equal as films, but I just prefer TFA overall.

oh boy you have another 40 minutes before anything happens

He's lost his touch. Any muse he had with the original Plinkett reviews was lost in the last decade. And he no longer is able to pull from the masses for help with critique because he rushed this one out after mass demands, so this one was mostly just his own work. He has become George Lucas.

>the prequels were a risk that lucas did that failed and episode 7 was just a safe film

Wow, that actually sums up all forms of art nowadays. TV, Movies, Art, Vidya, everything is about playing it safe nowadays and not taking any risk.

>7 better than ANH
How bout now

Acceptable.
4 = 5 > 7 = 6 > 3 >2 = 1

I'm gonna guess Rogue one is gonna fall between ANH/ESB and ROTJ/TFA.

New Youtube rules, if you swear or make a video on a controversial topic (rape/war/refugees etc) then they can demonetize it because some sponsors don't want their products linked to that stuff .

Did you watch RLM's original Star Wars videos? That's a bit that they do, randomly bleeping out some obscenities and leaving others in.

Did you just now learn this?

holy fuck this is accurate

I did, but in this case they bleep out cock... which was unlike the original bit.

Mike "Blacks need to kiss young white women in my movies" stoklasa

Dude, he did the same exact thing with the Prequels. Not as in depth or as long, but it's nothing that he hasn't done before.

Yeah I don't think there's a huge difference but ANH shades it because I think Luke looking at the double sunset with the music playing is probably the best scene in the 2 films

Plinkett has always bleeped random swear words. It's done for comedic effect.

The review was complete shit, he spent 70% of it on the Prequels

Yes, TPM sucked, but it was almost 20 years ago, get over it

>one of his major complaints was that Rey didn't get together with a black guy

What a cuck

>new rules

fucking gay

That's just a problem with youtube. The format is entirely disposable so you only fish for thumbs up like reddit.

>finding his appreciation of TFA to be the breaking point, and not Jurassic World or the new Independence Day

>I did, but in this case they bleep out cock

They're bleeping out cunt

>mfw watching Star Trek Into Darkness and realizing it's just a shitty shitty remake

Hell, as bad as JJ's Force Awakens was at retreading stuff, at least it made some sense and somewhat moved forward as a sequel.

In all the ST films.

He didn't spend time on the prequels you fucking retard, and the TFA review starts at around 50:00, which means TFA is around 55% of the review. Retard

I didn't like JW or ID at first, but after listening to his opinions I went back and rewatched them and I found myself agreeing with what he said.

This is too far though

He liked the new independence day? I mean, I'm by no means a film buff, but even I could tell what a piece of boring dog shit IDR was.

I would have liked for him to rip into Rey for being a mary sue, instead he wasted time on diversity which no one even cared about except some shitposters that baited SJW's

Even Cred Forumsfags agree Finn & Poe were great, it's 100% Rey that is the problem

Youll never do it you pussy. Youll be homeless and dying on the street but youll always bee too chicken shit to end it like a man.

> Kylo Ren
> emu

Is there a contingent of people that are so retarded that they get triggered by any mention of the prequels and write the video off as prequel bashing?

He's talking about the state of Star Wars as a whole, which is important in explaining why 7 is the way it is, which includes the "rise" of prequel apologists and their shitty excuses.

Stop saying boring

Its literally babbys only critique

Plinkett review dissecting how shit this review is when amirite

>PEOPLE ARE REACTING THE SAME WAY NOW TO THE PLINKETTE REVIEW, AS THEY DID WITH THE LONG AWAITED PREQUELS

LITERAL RHYMES
LITERAL CIRCLES WITHIN CIRCLES

>Finn & Poe
Finn was great, who the fuck is Poe? Oh yeah, that guy from Drive that barely has more than 5 minutes of screen time?

Yup. It was embarrassing. You could tell that Jay didn't want to even be in the same room when Mike was talking about his appreciation of the movie.

I for one am excited to see Avatar Meets the Smurfs.

>to

I meant what should I start with.This should clearly not be the choice after reading the thread.

One of the moments I laughed the hardest.

Spends way too much time talking about the Ring Theory. Who cares. He could have just cut it short and dismissed it as reaching and Lucas being lazy / recycling ideas instead of going through every single comparisson to pad the video.

It was weird listening to Lucas's interview where he talked about making movies being the same as professional gambling. He made some good points and articulated them well. Jarring to see when compared to all the clips of him making a buffoon out of himself.

essentially this
tl;dw who don't feel like watching this shit, I did so you don't have to
>stop liking what I don't like
>start liking what I like
>if not you're a dum millennial lel
and first and foremost
>my headcanon is right and everybody else is wrong

kys premiumposter

Enjoyed it but dwelled way too long on the ring theory. Could have cut half an hour out and it would have been better IMO

Yeah, but he did a shitty job of it. He did the same thing for introducing the prequels, but more concise in the beginning and with it woven better into the rest of the review.

I do not get lucas' angle on red tails at all

>Implying the prequels were not a corporate consumerist piece of shit

All of the Star Wars prequels reviews are A+, they're for everyone. Also his movie commentaries.

The Star Trek reviews are good if you're a fan of the series and go into some good detail but they're skippable if you don't care for Trek.

>he actually likes the prequels

why did you even watch the plinkett video to begin with? You know his whole thing is he hates your movies right?

literally takes until 1:10:00 for criticism of TFA to start

i bet they bleeped that out too.

i'm at the lollipop licking cock joke

Lucas probably stole that idea from an online forum or something

He spent more effort on that then on the TFA section. My guess is he spent a lot of time on that and then realized his review would be 3 hours long and halfassed everything else.

Thought he was going to review Ghost Dad. this is bullshit.

Liked the cutaway gag about Scotty being an alcoholic Scotsman in charge of an engine that's essentially a giant bomb

The first 3/4s of it was rehashing his prequel reviews.

except the example he brought up in Star Trek was the other way around gender wise but 'kay.

Kekked and checked son

Mike is an enlightened racist who is above being triggered by Kike propaganda.

It's almost like the purpose of this video is larger than just talking about TFA.

>mfw Mike took Cred Forums's prequel revisionist memeing seriously

I think the only flaw in his argument really is saying that Lucas did something "different" or that what Disney doing is somehow any more corporate and soulless. Large sections of the prequel reviews are about Lucas reusing ideas and doing things purely for marketing/toys.

Lucas tried his very best to do the original movies again, it's just that he did them himself instead of with people who were actually competent and challenged him so they turned out shit and incomprehensible.

>JW

pleb opinion but fine

>IDR

fucking dropped that movie was horseshit and I liked Rollands Godzilla unironically.

He spent so much time on the prequels but didn't compare them to TFA

Would have liked to know which one he thinks is worse

It is like he played it safe and is just setting up a shared universe of Plinkett reviews.

The prequels obviously, he said at multiple points that TFA is good.

>Would have liked to know which one he thinks is worse

Uh, he thinks the prequels are trash and liked TFA

The Ring Theory was covered for 15 minutes, comprising 15% of the review.
The Force Awakens was covered for 53 minutes, comprising 50% of the review.

This just wasn't a Plinkett review on any level.

It's just Plinkett talking about shit that mostly isn't The Force Awakens

shoo cucklasa apologist
nice try projecting

Feels like he didn't even finish half of an actual Force Awakens review. Didn't really talk about Han Solo's death. Didn't go into depth about Kylo's differences and similarities to Vader. Didn't really critique Phasma literally being thrown in the trash as a useless character except for as a joke.

Where'd the rest of the review go?

As much as I don't like that he liked TFW, his main point as to what was wrong is very valid: no fucking backstory. That was also my main problem with the movie, but that point resonated with me way more, which is probably why I hated the movie

Yep, I really hate how many people praise Lucas as this experimental director in the prequels. Lucas is just as fucking bad as Disney, all he wanted to do was sell as many toys and tickets as he could.

He constantly linked Star Wars to any promotion he could and would let somebody rape the canon or legitimacy with a rusty spoon for a few dollars. Star Wars was a joke for years, dance off games, 100000 shitty books. Star Wars has always been whored out

Feels like a fan script that somehow roped Mike into voicing it. Very few funny moments and he was overly kind to an extremely flawed movie.

Old style:
>bring up ring theory only in a list of other real and fake ridiculous fan theories in a single sentence to state how ridiculous the revisionism has gotten

New style:
>take it seriously and devote actual screen time to discussing its merits

Used to be a line at the bottom of the post itself.

>he only spends HALF the review talking about nothing

You could kinda tell he didn't have many TFA complaints

He padded half the review with other shit before getting to what everyone wanted to see.

And the review was just drudging over the same minor points for like 5-10mins a piece

I understand this was a better movie than the prequels but he could just give us a smaller review with less filler and more hard hitting points and we would be fine.

>You could kinda tell he didn't have many TFA complaints
You could kinda tell? Oh really? What gave you that impression? Was it the part where he directly says he doesn't have a lot of TFA complaints?

>didn't call out Razorfist for being a prequel apologist in his little channel list

eh I'll live. It just would have been nice considering how much shit he threw at the original plinkett reviews on the reviews, rlm fans, and generally sucking George's dick.

A little. It was pretty subtle but it really made me think

He wasn't interested in making a pandering TFA review. He was interested in examining the pop culture landscape surrounding Star Wars right now. But you faggots complain because the only thing you seem to get from Plinkett reviews are memes and complaints to parrot as your own.

> mumbo jumbo

What was left unsaid? Honest question. What's something specific from the movie RLM could have used as a bit?

And it isn't like TFA isn't without its major flaws. Cred Forums brings up new shit every day like how every character just randomly meets serendipitously. He could have made a nice call back to the "hey how do you know that? Did you read the script?" He could have done side to side comparisons with MCU flicks instead of shoving that all to the front of the review.

all of them

butthurt prequelfag

>Feels like a fan script that somehow roped Mike into voicing it. Very few funny moments and he was overly kind to an extremely flawed movie.

FUCKING POTTERY AMIRITE?

hes doing it on purpose as part of the joke, hes copying The Force Awakens and soft rebooting the prequel reviews into this one. Thats why the first half is retreading all the points he made about the prequels before, for younger people who started watching RLM after the reviews made them famous and so haven't seen them.

Now all of the e-nobodies are going to be insulted that plinkett didn't insult them for being e-nobodies
stuckmann what have you wrought

Because he did a shitty job of explaining the culture. He spend as much time on Ring theory than he did on modern hollywood conventions. The writing on this is subpar and rushed just like the Prequels. Pottery.

>baba ganoosh

I think you are thinking a bit too hard into this one mate

>Mike does his own thing instead of pandering to his cancerous audience and giving them exactly what they want like a shill
>People shit him for it

It's like you're the target audience for the production-line products who want familiar things that Mike was commenting about in his review

But he didn't do a good job of it. The Ring Theory shit was a total bore, the stuff about Prequel revisionist history didn't have anything to say about it, not even funny punching down at those dopes.

>t. millenial psychologist

> an alcaholic scottishman who's in charge of your engine that's basically a giant bomb

Much in kin to star wars, the old plinket reviews were better.

>He didn't find it funny because he didn't agree with it and/or it didn't fit the format he was familiar with

Most people here and on their own subreddit thought the ring theory segment was weak and too long.

>a black guy who didn't shoot his gun? now you know this is science fiction

Gotta admit, that was comedy gold

>subreddit
lol faggot

poetry rhymes etc

WILL YOU SHUT UP ABOUT STAR TREK ALREDY!?

We wanted an entertaining, complete Plinkett Force Awakens review. Not constant "hey guys, remember how the prequels suck? lol" We can already watch those videos. There was a 1/3 or maybe even 1/4 of an actual Force Awakens review in this. Don't get mad at us because RLM fucked up.

He had to follow it with

>"I need young black bulls to inseminate young white women in my kino"

I'm paraphrasing but that basically what he said

I think people wanted another Plinkett review, not the shit we got today.

>Plinkett constantly points out that most people are simpletons and want the same thing spoonfed to them over and over instead of something different
>Plinkett releases a new video that isn't just a pandering, obvious takedown of TFA
>Cred Forums is butthurt that they didn't get an obvious, pandering takedown of TFA
It's like poetry indeed.

His own thing is restating how much he dislikes the prequels? Again? If we wanted familiarity, there'd be no complaints here. Mike has demonstrated distaste for abstract movie ideas before, so I doubt it's intentional on his part.

What the fuck is wrong with The Goonies?

>platonic friendship is really weird

Is Mike autistic

>he didn't retread the same old ground
>he just told us how much he hates the prequels

>again...

Read and think about what you type before posting.

Mike's fucked all of his friends, it's a Milwaukee thing

This is exactly what episode seven was, a re-hash of what we already saw. Why should the plinkett review be any different: it's exactly what jjambrams did

Hackers holds up too, fuck that guy.

Even Rich?

>Cred Forums deluded themselves into believing that RLM would shit on TFA as hard as they did the prequels
>turns out that no, TFA really isn't that bad
>RLM still points out the horrible and cancerous elements that the movie lays out that they're not looking forward to
>Cred Forums shits its pants and calls them shill

Like fucking clockwork

nothing, nitpicking XD

Especially Rich.

Kind of. But it was more of "Noone gives a shit about diversity in Star Wars and those who do are either liberal hippie retards or racist trolls".

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no but it weird that TFA went out of its fucking way to avoid going past first base.

that or soulless corporate board members who want to make the movie as safe as possible

basically sjw whining has managed to make movies as sexless and sterile as possible

>Any two character of the opposite sex must be romantically involved

That too. I never realized that the lack of sexual scenes was what made the characters seem robotic. That was a pretty good point

i'm glad he mocked all those fucking pathetic annoying jackasses that made reaction videos of themselves going fake-crazy over the star wars trailer

faggots. every single last one of them is a faggot. i'm glad the reaction video trend is dying.

>i'm glad the reaction video trend is dying.

You fucking wish.

literally zero sexual chemistry though. Finn tried a little, but making Rey into this sexless robot who had ZERO interest in the attractive young men she was surrounded by seems a little odd.

Unless she really is a lesbian after all

The last thing this movie needed was a boring romantic subplot.

Her character is the logical conclusion of the "strong independent woman who don't need no man" = stronk wymyn mentality.

When you hit puberty you'll understand.

Again it's not really that they didn't hook up, it's that it kept them at arms length so that their chemistry is kind of stunted.

And it carries across the entire movie because everybody is similarly sexless.

It's the part of TFA which is most prequel like really.

It's not about adding a subplot, it's about adding flavor to the character interactions, similar to how the originals did.

What Mike is arguing is that TFA characters have a much milder version of the problem the prequel characters have in that they don't feel like humans.

lol

That's not even the point. The point is that TFA was soulless and lacked any emotion, which is probably why people who loved and grew up with the original trilogy found it very lacking.

Did you miss all the other times they did that?

Look up their Ghostbusters trailer reaction video, it's great.

Tacking on a romantic subplot is the obvious, most unimaginative thing you can do. Frankley it was the least pandering things about TFA

I really hope Rogue One has way more emotion and doesn't feel soul sucking like TFA did. That's the only way I'll like it. I want to empathize with the characters, not watch them do stuff.

>I really hope Rogue One has way more emotion and doesn't feel soul sucking like TFA did.

lol stop setting yourself up to be disappointed. that movie is just going to be a typical action movie with absolutely no soul. how can you not already see how soulless that movie will be?

It's not about having a romantic subplot, get that through your head

it's how NO ONE exhibited any kind of sexual interest in each other. Finn didn't ogle Rey, no one flirted with each other, hell even a couple rapey comments from Kylo would have been acceptable. Something to show that these characters are actually human and care about sex.

>40 minutes of debunking some fan theory nobody has ever heard about before
>30 minutes of debating clickbait author strawmen
>20 minutes of desperately calling for interracial kiss scenes
>0 minutes of discussing the mary sue protagonist

>humanity is defined entirely by sex

Go to be, Sigmund.