Is Kanye the greatest filmmaker of this generation so far?

Is Kanye the greatest filmmaker of this generation so far?

youtube.com/watch?v=p7FCgw_GlWc
youtube.com/watch?v=IxGvm6btP1A
youtube.com/watch?v=LsA84bXrBZw
youtube.com/watch?v=Jg5wkZ-dJXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxGvm6btP1A
youtube.com/watch?v=MCEYVuWscuc
youtube.com/watch?v=2_NgkfRmUPk
youtube.com/watch?v=xAP3KsY7Xww
youtube.com/watch?v=ETDEuH3YL7I
youtube.com/watch?v=RZNvjaJZVMg
youtube.com/watch?v=EjAoBKagWQA
youtu.be/jYd87JwZwFU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>youtube.com/watch?v=IxGvm6btP1A
i don't get it

I wouldn't say he's the greatest but he's pretty good at it

Literal pleb filter

muh dick

I think the woman is a metaphor for a predator, lion, etc.

From the video she seems to be a dominant force even in the sex scene, and the part at the end with the sheep seems to be a revision of the phrase "wolf in sheep's clothing" (except it shows her without the "sheep's clothing")

I think it means that the modern woman, or a woman of the highest social order, is a predator and a manipulator. This does have a play in Wolves(the title itself is a reference), which shows how Kanye wants purity ("let me impregnate your mind, let's have a baby without fucking")

>>>/reddit/

interesting
very interesting
this thread is for Cred Forums posters with high cinematic understanding and those that want to learn to achieve it

Reddit's music board hates Kanye whilst Cred Forums loves him.

Kanye is unironically our guy.

Funny how an authentic redditor like you will be the first one to defend this shit

/r/hiphopheads loves kanye like the rest of the autistic white plebs do.

Kanye post-MBDTF is legitimate garbage.

the music is bad, those are some of the dumbest, high school-tier lyrics i've ever heard, and the videos are surface level consumerism. go back to Cred Forums.

Does Kanye have a team of Jews on his payroll guiding him? How does he make so much money with garbage like this?

fuck this nigger 2deep symbolic shit
here's some actual music video kino that never even saw the light of day

youtube.com/watch?v=MCEYVuWscuc

>the videos are surface level consumerism
Top 10 films of all time

americans are retarded

>Kino
>Is actually a flick

nice try

Stfu, Yeezus is Kino. TLOP is above average.

>Steve Aoki
KEK

1) this is trash for self-hating white suburbanites

2) why would you even credit kanye, he's not even directing most of these videos and 90% of his album was made by artists other than him. every song has like 15 credits to different writers and 15 credits to different producers. kanye is a talent-less meme. a stale meme, too. literally WHO still pays attention to this shit anymore.

I have more respect for the dogshit on my shoe than I do for Aoki

>Yeezus
Overrated as hell, one of Kanye's worst (still great though)

kanye is the same shit

>self-hating white suburbanites

Let me guess, hip hop is white genocide and degeneracy and wake up sheeple, so on and so forth

>DUDE GUY RITCHIE FLICK LMAO

here's some real musicvidkino for you shit eating plebs

youtube.com/watch?v=2_NgkfRmUPk

youtube.com/watch?v=xAP3KsY7Xww

youtube.com/watch?v=ETDEuH3YL7I

fucking lel
Stick to videogames and comics

>garbage taste kanye pleb getting triggered
lol

everything else in this thread is gay

here's the OBJECTIVELY MOST KINO music video ever made

youtube.com/watch?v=RZNvjaJZVMg

Is Bjork Kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=EjAoBKagWQA

post some more so I can laugh even hard at your entry level taste

>kanye fan skims through video and calls shit entry level
oh god this is pathetic even for you.

well any forum dedicated to hip hop would probably agree on kanye, right? who is a rapper they hate?

All of those were shit.

lmao

>won't post anymore because he knows he has no taste and is entry level as fuck
lmaoing at your sensibilities

I think TLOP is better than what people say. TLOP is a representation of modern culture, where themes of purity and traditionalism is juxapositioned with sexual and vulgar themes. The cover even shows this ("WHICH / ONE"). Kanye yearns for purity, and the decisions of living in a hedonistic society only ends in harm (FML, Real Friends, Wolves). This is foreshadowed in Father Stretch My Hands pt. 2 (which also uses the juxaposition of modern hedonism), "all this time, all he had" gone in a "crash", and while it mentioned a "market crash", there could be different meanings due to the themes of the album itself

I'll continue this post soon

>keeps repeating the same shit over and over like a crying autistic "man"
sad.

Oh fuck no. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

youtu.be/jYd87JwZwFU
See how long you can watch this abomination to the eyes and ears.

>gets utterly destroyed
>throws in the towel this quickly
loving
every
laugh

Next time you try and step up the bouncers make sure you're an actual Cred Forums local

kanye's like one of those really gaudy fashion or pop culture trends that has no reason to exist but for some reason won't die.

>every song has like 15 credits to different writers and 15 credits to different producers.
what does that prove to you exactly other than he worked with collaborators?

>mad as fuck pleb trying to seem insincere now after getting triggered
holy lolz

Mods, you have one job. Clean up this garbage.

>dropping all the cards to save face even more
Say it

Say the r word too

The first two videos don't seem to show much symbolism at all. While the 3rd seems to have more thought in it, I'd be happy to hear why you chose the first two.

There are three options - and only three options:
1. You accept and appreciate the album for what it is: complete perfection.

2. You attempt to be a contrarian faggot and end up sounds like an autistic simpleton.

3. You admit that you don't understand the album. Which is fine.

I don't have to, everyone can see you're retarded.

Now get vanquished you reprobate

The first has the most thematic depth of any of them, it's probably the most succinct and harrowing ghetto story ever crafted, The Wire accomplished roughly the same level of discourse in over 100 hours.

M.I.A. is by far the best music video maker in music right now. Kanye can't compete.

What's there to not understand?
He's an autistic rapper who is trying maintain relevancy purely so he can sell clothes to rich white kids.

Thats what I thought you tasteless embryo

>this pitiful damage control
stop posting please, i'm crying for you right now.

She can also break coconuts in one hit with that nose.

after watching the first video again, i see more about what you mean. But I can't really understand why you would like that but not the videos from kanye. Kanye's videos are of contrasts of themes (ala purity, and hedonism) while the aforementioned video shows a similar level of thinking (though worship of materials to the point of changing yourself to "ascend" or "descend"). It's different ideas but it shows a similar scope of what type of thinking is prevalent in post-modern times

why are you acting like i'm not shitposting?

>Someone, somewhere is investing some form of currency to create this abomination of noise and visuals

Top kek

Oh i thought you were being unironic

>he hates kanye in 2016
reddit

>he likes kanye in 2016
facebook

>he says as he lines up for the latest fotm of the meme flick like john wick and edge of tomorrow

Heh

""""""""""""""""""Art pop""""""""""""""""""""""

Utterly tasteless and reddit.

>sage poster keeps posting and the counter doesn't go up
kek

tasteless in what way? The depictions of the videos seem to give the audience a very angry reaction
it's probably the opposite of tasteless

Literally our guy

>Cruel Summer is a short film by American musician Kanye West. It premiered at the Cannes Film Festival,[4][5] and was shown out of competition.[6]

>A custom pyramid-shaped screening pavilion was constructed for the film's debut, designed by conceptual firms DONDA, OMA and 2x4. The theater featured seven screens - three in the front, one on the floor, one on the ceiling and one on both the right and left side of the space, the concept was inspired by Burberry's immersive Beijing show in 2011, the previous year, which featured eight screens, three in the front and back, one on both left and right and one on the ceiling. Cruel Summer was shot using a specialized camera rig, which allowed the directors to capture multiple angles simultaneously. This style of filming and screening a movie has since become known as the "Seven Screen Experience".[7]

>The film is inspired by the album of the same name by West's record label GOOD Music.[8] It has been described as a "fusion of short film and art", with the LA Times raving Cruel Summer has a "thumping surround-sound quality that makes a 3-D Michael Bay effort feel like an iPad short."[9] To date, the film has not been released online or through any media platform.

Kill yourself