Did you like any of these movies and will you watch the 5th? has the bar ever been so low for a sequel?

did you like any of these movies and will you watch the 5th? has the bar ever been so low for a sequel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DfkqKJohuTI
youtube.com/watch?v=DYJY20zPtqo
youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BLACK PEARL 3.5/5
DEAD MANS CHEST 2.5/5
STRANGER TIDES 2/5

don't think I can handle the 5th because they filmed it when Depp looked his absolute worst, just look at set photos, he's really bloated in body and face. it's a shame because he looks healthy these days and was looking healthy a few months before filming.

1)Good
2)Worse
3)Holy fuck, what happened?
4)So bad that it's good.

They're all at least fun to watch. I'd rate them 1>2>3>4 though.

You forgot At World's End.

They were all good except the last one. Waste of Ian McShane.

I honestly could care less about Jack Sparrow in these movies. I just want more of Barbosaa

I feel like they didn't quite understand what made the first one good and just tried to copy the humours from there onwards always missing the target.
Haven't seen the 4th, though, Penelope Cruz is a big no-no in my book.
Maybe will watch the 5th.

Don't. The only good thing from it is they use the idea of a ship in a bottle in an interesting way.

I like them all a lot. They are all surprisingly creative movies that offer things you won't get anywhere else. I'd rather watch morally ambiguous pirates double crossing each other in the 1700s than the latest marvel save-the-world quip fest.

youtube.com/watch?v=DfkqKJohuTI

I love the sword fight in number 2. Also, Davy Jones was perfect.

One was p good but two, despite length, did fairly well imo

BLACK PEARL 3.5/5
DEAD MAN'S CHEST 4/5
AT WORLDS END 3/5
ON STRANGER TIDES 2.5/5

all three sequels are crap. but the second one has some nice special effects.

yeah I'm watching it just for him

*second film (dead man's chest), not second sequel

youtube.com/watch?v=DYJY20zPtqo

why didn't he have them fire back?

The first one is really good mainly because of where the script came from. LucasArts made The Secret of Monkey Island adventure game in 1990 and the writers stole a bunch of jokes and concepts from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. In the late '90s there were talks of a Monkey Island animated movie and a script was written, but it fell apart and eventually this script found its way to Disney. They obviously changed a huge amount but much of the humor and quite a few general concepts came from that Monkey Island script. This is for the best, Monkey Island would probably be rough as a film and Black Pearl is actually a great movie.

The second one has some nice stuff in it but overall the story becomes way too muddled and weird, dumb shit which is made even more dumb by the third film. The third film does have a few great sequences though, Depp in the Locker is wonderful and a few other things.

Have not seen the 4th but probably will eventually, and then will see the 5th once it's up for torrenting I guess

The fourth one was enjoyable enough, but seriously pales in comparison to it's predecessors.

Kinda looking forward to the 5th one. Hope they don't pull a Shrek on it.

We'll see, Depp's old as fuck and looking pretty haggard. I love pirate stuff and I wish we could get some decent swashbucklers/naval adventure films nowadays but this franchise is more or less it.

>you will never get to see the monkey island movie
>you will never play a good monkey siland game again

it hurts

I wish the proper Monkey Island 3 would have happened, Gilbert briefly talked about doing it if Disney would sell him the rights when they closed down LucasArts. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky in a few years.

woman detected

But Money Island 3 is good. I would even say 2>3>1.

Did you mean 4? 4 is an abomination. The telltale game was okayish at best

same
i also want more of davy jones but hes dead so my best hope is will turner getting the tentacle beard for not doing his job

I like 3 but it's still not Gilbert's vision of what he wanted at all, and I think that would be amazing to see. Personally I rank 2>1>3 though I always say 1 is my favorite because it's a more complete story than 2. 2 with a solid ending or a proper followup (again, I like 3 a lot but I wish it was what it was originally intended to be) would be a perfect game, though. God I wish I was older so I could have experienced that shit when it was coming out.

Honestly I love the first three, and Stranger Tides was watchable enough.

they should just give Jack the Dutchman so he can sail the seas forever, than make a scene at the very end where he plunders a modern day cruiser or something and end the series for good

youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

I did, playing with my older cusin.

>tfw plying mi2 with no internet and having no clue how to get the gold. My cousin spent a month just waxing that guys leg for one piece of eight at a time. He would just do it every day for a few hours. Later we figured it out and felt really stupid.

That's actually a pretty fucking good idea

I don't know, Jack attached to something would kill the character. But it would be a good way to end the franchise.