these movies fucking suck

friendo's head didnt look right

oh, look, it's THIS movie again

Seems to be a cross between the 1st one and the 3rd in tone

>Spent 3 years on Disney's shelf
> cg looks worse than Black Pearl and Dead Man's Chest

I don't think I want it?

who's the ghost dude?

movies called Dead Men Tell No Tales. Even though more than 2 character have been dead men who came back alive.

>generic evil gang of corrupted undead pirates wants to kill everyone's favorite Jack Sparrow

what else is new?

hahaha Bardem

it's gonna be great

>Movie no where near release
>CGI complaints

>Movie called Dead Men Tell No Tales
>Dead man tells the tale to the guy
>doesn't kill him

hm

they changed it?

I want the music score for this trailer.

Even the sails on the ship looked fake as fuck

That guy in the cell.
He's going to play the same role he played in that Gods of Egypt movie, isn't me?

The young adult helping the older protagonist fight the big baddie

Some henchman of a pirate that stole Poseidon's Trident.

Also, Will Turner and the Flying Dutchman comes back in this movie.

It's just been sitting there for over like 3 years though.

Factually untrue

I've got all the best facts, you dip.

Looks good, you lot can fuck off.

Just wish someone would make a movie about pirates, no fantasy.

This looks like shit. And I think the first 3 is actually a great trilogy with all good movies.

Antoine Sugar is a ghost now?

>Dead men tell no tales
>Trailer is basically a dead man that can't stop talking

Synopsis.

>Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) becomes a target of Captain Salazar (Javier Bardem), the fearsome leader of a crew of ghosts who have escaped from the Devil's Triangle hellbent on destroying all pirates. To defeat him, Jack, his first mate Joshamee Gibbs (Kevin McNally) and the crew of the Black Pearl are forced to ally themselves with Jack's old nemesis, Hector Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush), as they embark on a quest for the fabled Trident of Poseidon. Along the way, Jack also crosses paths with Henry Turner (Brenton Thwaits), son of his old friend Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), who is still burdened by his mission to ferry the dead into afterlife. Henry is now a young soldier in search of his purpose, whose forbidden love for Sophie (Kaya Scodelario), a nobleman's daughter, sends them both alongside Jack in the adventure of their lives.

Look up "Black Sails"

>It's just been sitting there for over like 3 years though.

>Assuming a movie with large amounts of CGI would be easily finished and ready to go in 3 years.

I mean technology has gotten better but come on.

From the leaked script and pre screening jack has about as much screen time as he did in the 1st movie

>Hiro changed it to something people can't filter
Absolute madman.

What did they change?

Is this not the premise of the fourth movie? Except with mermaids and no Bloom?

>a quest for the fabled Trident of Poseidon

That would have been a great title instead of "Dead men tell no tales".

look up "cutthroat island" (ignore the reviews this movie was WAY ahead of its time)

wtf. I spent $15 to look cool not just so I can have a flower next to anonymous.

Every Cred Forums pass user had a green signature that stated

Cred Forums pass user since month/year and people started to filter them so now he added a 4 leaf clover next to the name field

> "Find Jack Sparrow for me."

What did he mean by this?

>bad guy wants revenge
>he is going to use the macguffin to achieve this
Very original idea, bravo very worthy of a sequel

What would happen, if we don't have the pass?

you can filter that out as well

That was about Blackbeard hunting for the Fountain of Youth with the most boring voodoo zombies ever.

>Kaya Scodelario
SOLD

It would be extremely painful.

what the fuck? so they took will turner's son and put him in the same love triangle relationship will turner was in during the first movie? sounds like a force awakens tier reboot

(number of clovers next to anonymous) U

You're a rich guy.

What is wrong with his hair?

so wait is orlando going to be in this one or not?

Cred Forums

They already made Captain Philips.

Seems like the entire crew doesn't quite match up with time or something. I like it.

Black Sails sucks. I watched only season and 2. Then, I dropped it.

Make way for the only good pirate themed piece of media since Curse of the Black Pearl

>play Black Flag
>enjoy it even though the combat is too easy again
>unskippable future mission

DROPPED. Just make a pirate game without the animus bullshit.

There's like an hour of future stuff total

An hour too much.

>Piratekino
you posted the wrong link, friend
youtube.com/watch?v=n3SRUXOnWQ0

>ship combat is fun at first but then becomes total garbage when you upgrade your ship, even against epic ships
>uninteresting locations except havana
>boring characters

It would make a shit film. I can't even fathom how people put this crap above AC2.

I'm always game for more Pirates.

Move over, new king of pirate themed media incoming

>Its another soft reboot

PLINKETT WAS RIGHT

Why is jack sparrow always the main focus of these films? Didn't people get tired of him after dead man's chest?
Why is his hair floating like that and everything else has weight? Does ghost logic not give a fuck about hair, specifically, but everything else is fine? At least dead man chest fish human worked under some kind of logic despite being impossible things.
Goddamn, that hair really bothers me, it's fucking distracting.

>Henry is now a young soldier in search of his purpose, whose forbidden love for Sophie (Kaya Scodelario), a nobleman's daughter, sends them both alongside Jack in the adventure of their lives.

Literally the first movie all over again.

It's actually just that Johnny Depp legitimately believes he's a pirate now so Disney just does these movies to keep him busy and to stop him from hurting anyone.

I like these types of posters that plays with silhouettes

wait is cruz in this?

HOW??

kek

Like tripfags, don't speak to them.

>Along the way, Jack also crosses paths with Henry Turner (Brenton Thwaits), son of his old friend Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), who is still burdened by his mission to ferry the dead into afterlife. Henry is now a young soldier in search of his purpose, whose forbidden love for Sophie (Kaya Scodelario), a nobleman's daughter, sends them both alongside Jack in the adventure of their lives.

How about NO.
Mummy 3 tried this. Introducing the son of the lead adventurer is not a good idea.

>Why is jack sparrow always the main focus of these films?
Because that's the only time it's any good. Will/Elizabeth were shit when they weren't just the dumb sidekicks to Jack Sparrow.

Davy Jones's fish crew > Barbossa's skeletons > Salaar's ghosts (from the look of it) > Blackbeard's zombies

Is that a Russian ship at the very beginning? We later see another ship entering the cave with the English but it doesn't have the coat of arms.

Black pearl and dead mans chest is pure pirate adventure kino you bland joyless fuck

Horseshit! Same thing again.

DMS was just a prologue to AWE rather than a movie on its own.

Clearly this user is in the late stages of advanced retardation, so sad, much tragic.

It had reincorporation...thats what a second act sets up in a trilogy, it was the penultimate in the 3 movies. It worked. Stop pretending you cant have fun

>script issues
>budget issues
>reshoots
>constant delays
>after the miserable 4th movie

This isn't gonna end up very good.

So how many people are going to complain that this movie isn't diverse enough? Only one hispanic guy, and he is a ghost. All of the protagonists are white and there's no race mixing. What is Disney thinking?

Will this finally kill Johnny Depp's career?

LITERALLY THE SAME FLICK

>quirky Captain Jack pisses off a crazy pirate captain and his undead crew and must recover the artifact to beat them

ALL
OF
THE
FUCKING
MOVIES
ARE THE SAME

i hope there are lots of scenes featuring kaya scoliosis's titties pushed up together in a sexy cleavage mmmmm

Oh look, it's ANOTHER villain with an incomprehensible accent/speech impediment.

Prepare for another wave of "big guy for you" garbage.

Can't wait to listen to more of the political aspirations of generic white wig wearing English navy men

the flowing hair shit was cool as fuck

Why do these movies have such awesome CGI

The these movies have always had God-Tier soundtracks, even the sucky ones. I hope the teaser music will actually be in the movie.

The sets and production value and costumes have always been amazing too. I think we don't give them enough credit

the fish themed villain and crew is fucking god tier CGI stuff

I don't know if it still holds up today but that shit was fucking awesome

>story is generic and boring
>visuals are interesting and well done with a high budget
>acting is over the top and pirate-y
>music is as always top-tier, although still not as good as Klaus Badelt in the 1st
why are you guys complaining
we're in this for the yarr, not for the interesting political machinations

Davy Jones still holds up

I still watch the first two Pirates films. They are genuienly enjoyable

This franchise is like Transformers, they keep making the same movie and over again with different character.

What surprises me is that it makes money somehow

>Black Pearl is boring
Mate, it is probably the best modern pirate movie in a fucking literal decade. They took a 15 minute goddamn boat ride and made it a series of well paced action pirate flicks

I actually enjoyed all 3 of the first films. Even 3. It was WAY weirder than the other 2, and I think that's good. The pacing was shit, yeah, but only for the first half. The final battle may have been a waste of potential with only 2 ships fighting, but it was still excellent for what it was. Besides, how many of you want to bet that Cred Forums would complain about it being 'too cluttered' if they actually had used all 300 of those ships off in the distance?

Because unlike transformers, Pirates is good.

you best not be talkin shit about the ride, its fucking awesome. or was until they put some johnny depp animatronics in there

>soft reboot
What the fuck are they rebooting you mongrel?
This movie has been in production for years already and started shooting before the last one was released and there are two more on the way.

Just look as these release dates.

Christ I fucking hate people like you, you watch some fat fuck on youtube and then act like you know everything about movies.

I was just there at Disney a few weeks ago. I never mind the new animatronics. Barbossa is in it too.

I said it was great. The story is generic, but everything else about it was so excellently executed that I don't care. The first movie and the next 2 that tried to make it a trilogy are all awesome. I didn't enjoy the 4th as much as the first three, but the original trilogy is top-tier yarr all the way through. I'm saying that Cred Forums is complaining about a thing which was never a part of the series in the first place (an original story).

>At least dead man chest fish human worked under some kind of logic despite being impossible things.
A living being follows the laws of physics while a ghost is ethereal and intangible?
SAY IT AINT SO

If you cant notice the timing of the teaser trailer after Force Awakens was a huge hit, and airing the trailer right before Chritsmas...

do they still do that thing where the project davey jones onto the fog?

>orlando bloom not listed amongst cast
He's gonna be a glorified cameo isn't he?

So fukken hyped

Yeah, thats the most retarded part of the ride honestly

This is what happens when Disney takes chances. They strike gold

Unfortunately they print money.

Normies fucking LOVE Jack Sparrow, the fourth one made over a billion so this shit still has a lot of steam.

Let me guess, the prisoner in the ship is Orlando Bloom's / Kiera Knightly's son who turned to piracy due to mommy / daddy issues or something, and he's the key to all of this

pottery

Sorry this
Was meant for

Something about pirates of the caribbean is just extremely comfy but if it doesn't have the original cast I don't know how good it will be

Does anyone want this?

First Pirates movie was good, second was bad, and the third made me want to kill myself. I never bothered seeing the one with Cruz.

>people up in arms about the hair flowing
>they don't know his hair is like that because he drowned and is thus subjected to an eternity of undeath with his hair flowing as if it was underwater
pure fucking kino

didnt they did zombies in the first movie
yet i got give prases to then for actualy having the bullet hole exist from the shot in the mouth in a kids movie

>Does anyone want this?

See

The characters missing are Pintel and Ragetti (who should be in it) and Elizabeth (who would look absurd playing the mother of a 25 year old man)

Yes. These movies can be fun when they're done right. So far it seems promising.

I never understood why they made more of these after 3. That was a legit trilogy that made sense.

>force awakens enters production less than 2 years before it was released

>pirates 5 has been in production for FIVE FUCKING YEARS

Talk about timing when you remember this film started shooting BEFORE DISNEY BOUGHT STAR WARS

These are ghosts not zombies

>kids movie
>pg-13

>>Movie no where near release

It's been done for months...almost a year. Even the CGI has been completed.

So I guess the canon version will be that they starved to death.

I love the way Salazar looks and speaks, seems like he is in agony all the time with that shit in his mouth and tearing eyes

Remove the 25 year old man and bring back orlando bloom and elizabeth the qtest of all desu

no thanks, jack sparrow is a sjw cuck

>Kaya Scodelario

BUENO

Not so crazy about the videogame CGI, but it looks great.

Javier Bardem already hooked me, whoever he is. Fucker looks great, the voice is tits.

>I mean technology has gotten better but come on.

CGI only takes about 6 to 8 months to complete for the average film. Even Ep VII took only 9 months. This movie's filming was completed over a year ago. Do the math.

Okay so heres what im saying:

-Pirates 5 is shelved for various reasons
-deal with Lucas happens
-most major productions are put on hold or secondary to deal with the 5 billion dollar deficit
-Force Awakens and marketing makes their money back
-time and money now open to repurpose pirates 5
-proving soft reboots work

You can be sure that Star Wars has something to do with there being a pirates 5

Another one?

Last one came out 5 years ago.

she is fucking delicious
>tfw she will never stand above you

Idk about you guys but I thought the flowing hair was pretty goddamn cool, its obvious that its supposed to be like hes underwater so I assume he drowned to death at some point

DUDE SUGAR PIRATE LMAO

Ok, pol. You cant even enjoy pirate flicks now. Scratch that off your list

What is the context of this

I literally don't understand

>soft reboot
you keep saying that word and keep proving you don't actually understand what a soft reboot is.

Yes if this movie wasn't fucking staring Johnny fucking Depp as Jack Sparrow, and the rest of these movies aren't going to continue to be Jack Sparrow yes it would be soft reboot.
This is a sequel.
You're just an idiot.

Hes her toilet. Its a fetish thing, user

wtf is a kino?

You've got to pay for a gold pass to find out

I guess you guys like capeshit and Game of Thrones now baka

1. I'm a different user.
2. I should have clarified that I am using "soft reboot" colloquially in terms of reenergizing a franchise that hasnt been relevant in half a decade. Hence the word "soft".
No, I'm not an idiot. You just dont seem to get the argument: the success of Star Wars, being a property that Disney needed to be extra sure would sell to new audiences, proved and open more money for them to refocus on applying the same logic to other franchises they may have planned to abandon, i.e, Pirates.

You obtuse faggot.

>CAN YOU TELL HIM? PRETTY PLEASE xD

I can already tell that this is going to be a shitty memefest. This new faggot won't hold a candle to Davy Jones.

Seriously though Im not finding anything on Google and I can't reverse image search from my phone

Please tell me the context I am too confused

On that note

>Cruz was pregnant during the filming of pirates 4
>Kaya is now pregnant during 5
What did they mean by this

it's disney they just can't play it straight for one FUCKING SINGLE TIME. the whole scene was starting to get pretty tense so they had to trash it by doing that

Not him either but SW is gonna have Mark Hamil playing Luke is it not a soft reboot if the main protagonist of the previous series shows up? Yes yes Jack is the actual main here so it's a bit different but the fact that they are just rehashing the first movie makes me think they want to "pass on the mantle"

Usually not sold on Bardem and his spaniard bullshit but he pulls this one off.

I wonder if they expect part 6 to happen. I bet everyone involved is pretty tired with this and PotC 5 will be up against Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=gtOV7bp-gys

It's a robbie williams music video

>trailing missions
no

Thanks man appreciate the spoonfeed

>>Kaya is now pregnant during 5
fucking slut
;_;

>it is probably the best modern pirate movie in a fucking literal decade

The movie's 13 years old.

>tfw someone shot steaming hot loads inside kaya's tight warm twat and it wasn't me
just kill me already

The trailer looked decent. I don't expect much more than cgi and atmosphere put of this franchise and it looks like they didn't completely rape the budget like they did to the last one. The way they had to turn the living demonic ship crewed by zombies into a bunch of ropes on strings and guys in halloween makeup was a tragedy.

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐⭐ ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

A decade is 10 years...my statement doesnt change. Would you prefer if I said "give or take" 10 to 15 years?

it looks like the villain in no country for old men

>fucking slut

she's married

Get hype

Anyone think they can make a webm of the skull segment at the end?

what a shit tattoo

yup

Will Pirates of the Kinobbean finally be a thing?

Will the series finally make the leap from flick to pure unadulterated kinography?

But the first three are already kino

>Dead Men Tell No Tales

More like "Divorced Men Win No Custody"

can we appreciate how fucking amazing it is that these films always get more and more ridiculous

>first film's final fight is two skeletons swinging swords at each other
>second film has them fighting on a fucking wheel going round and round with fish people in a 3 way fight
>third film is them fighting on two ships swinging around in the middle of a fucking hurricane while being married

haven't seen the fourth film but if it kept this trend i want to see it

>Reminder that in the last movie when the spanish had the chalice their captain/general was polishing it
>He then at the end proceeded to reveal that the Spanish's true intention was to destroy it and the shrine for religious reasons
>Proceeds to smash the chalice against the rocks after a lot of bullshit and getting it stolen from them instead of smashing it when they had it, cutting the film short in almost an hour

I've seen the fourth one twice and don't remember a single frame

hows this

Kino? More like kiNOPE.

The first Pirates flirts with some kino potential at some points, but in general the series "walks the plank" so to speak and falls into the "flick sea" to turn a phrase where they are trapped in the metaphorical "Davy Jones' Locker" per se of Non-Kino.

You can thank those fucking slant fuckers for that. They love this shit for some reason. Especially Japan.

>CotBP
Japan - $59,000,000

>DMC
Japan - $84,000,000
S. Korea - $26,000,000

>AWE
Japan - $91,000,000
China - $16,000,000
S. Korea $31,000,000

>OST
Japan - $100,000,000
China - $70,000,000
S. Korea - $25,000,000

Pretty good, thanks.

The fourth one didn't really have any over the top moments like the other ones did.

>Same Shit Different Movie 5: Find The McGuffin To Kill The Undead Bad Guy Part 3

Pre-order tickets when?

>Yes yes Jack is the actual main here
That's the difference you fucking idiot
If the main characters stay the same it's a sequel
If the main characters are just shitty side characters like in starwars it's a reboot.

Cursed skellington pirates.
4 was the one with actual "zombies".
These are ghosts, I guess.

did somebody say... piratekino?

I found him perfectly comprehensible. What the fuck are you talking about?

>Bunch of cursed dead pirates want Jack dead
>He gets his crew together
>Meets young adventurous poor everyman with no future
>Meets young adventurous rich noblewoman with wanderlust
>The two of them join Jack's adventure
>And Barbossa is there

Getting mad deja vu right now.

Star Chart/Constellation? Anyone know what this might be?

And you loved every fucking minute of it, because it was original and interesting crazy pirate kino

How long did it take you to write all that, Ebert?

It's more of the same "pirate crew with some magical gimmick" story, but that's served them well for 4 movies so far, so why not.

What is it with Asians and pirates?

TFA isnt really a reboot, it is quite literally a sequel. Shift in focus characters does not by itself determine what makes ir a reboot or not. Its the chronology of the story that determines it.

You can get away with calling it a soft reboot from a marketing standpoint, which I do as well. But it is not narratively a reboot.

>son of his old friend Will Turner

How did he grew up that quick?

>Black Fag
>good

?

>If the main characters are just shitty side characters like in starwars it's a reboot.
This is quite literally wrong. You do not know what makes something a reboot.

Damn, Jack can't catch a break. They just keep pulling new cursed fuckers with a grudge out of their asses.

Best AC game at least.

so were the brits running from an Imperial German ship?

Oh it's Orion's Belt.

1 and 2 were far better. Ass Creed stopped being decent after 2 and all the other games are garbage.

>Its a "ghost of Jacks past looking for him because of some kind of debt" episode

Fuck you man, I got flashbacks from your comment.

Is that the fucking bad guy from No Country for Old men?

Jesus fucking christ, I just realized Pirates 4 was released on my last year of middle school and this one is releasing on my fucking junior year in college

The post Pirates 3 interview where they said Will was able to pass on the mantle to another pirate because of his loyalty to the oath is no longer canon.

FUCK

Not, but they'll bluntly point out that the new young kid is Orlando Bloom's character's son.

So this is what they call nostalgia, huh?

No? The first two games are actually the best ones in the series. The other Ezio trilogy games had potential, especially revelations, but Ubisoft dropped the ball really hard. 3 was garbage. Black Fag was mediocre and the latest ones are actually really bad.

>le nostalgia meme

I'm getting really sick of this crap where people expect you to like something new just because it's new.

1 wasn't all that great. They really peaked with 2, and 4 was a close second.

So this is the true power of nostalgia?

Yes, they've specifically stated that they're going for a soft reboot of the first movie. This is intentional.

He's the same actor (Javier Bardem).

1 only fell flat in later gameplay segments. It definitely had the most "assassin" feel out of all the games. It had the best characters, story, setting, and potentially music.

Just how old is Jack meant to be now if Orlando's son is old enough to be a sailor?

The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow. Maybe his dad finally told him the secret.

It's meant to represent Poseidon's trident mentioned here

50 I think.

>no way is this...
>look up when the 4th came out
>2011

what the fuck when and how? I feel like it come out last year. jesus christ am I dying?

I could have sworn that movie came out a couple years ago, but it got released the year I graduated High School. What the fuck?

Wait, that kid was supposed to be Orlandos son?

Looks pretty comfy if it keeps that tone throughout the whole movie. I like that depp is supposed to have limited screen time just like the first one

Yes.

Looks like a lame ass villain and that kid is already annoying me To Be Honest.

Oh you're right. It's even on the skull in the OP and on the skull in the teaser.

>jesus christ am I dying?

Naw, dog. You just got Alzheimer's.

>"What the..."
>Fact Checks
>He's right
How????

Now I want to watch the first one. I don't care what anybody says, the first one is so fucking great.

What are some good nautical films? I like pirates mostly, but I'm up for gritty naval epics as well.

Master and Commander maybe. Its been years since I've seen it though, can hardly remember if I liked it

Master and Commander for naval stuff.

Master and Commander is fucking amazing.

Waterworld

Why does every Disney villain have to make a lame quip now? I mean, there has always been villains with a sense of humor that fitted their character, but there were also people like Shan Yu who were not funny at all. Most of the villain jokes nowadays make no sense for the character they're trying to portray and they end up ruining whatever tension or intimidation they're meant to have.

This is worth seeing just for Bardem. Guy is fucking awesome.

YARR Matey

You know what the world needs? More movies where heroes fight semi-immortal or immortal beings. Please include lots of scenes where the immortal bad guys are seemingly injured when one of their "limbs" is hacked/shot off, but then is regenerated with the clever use of CGI to show the grey particles reforming.

youtube.com/watch?v=qvo0xMCTM_I

all I can think of

Because market research says villains need to be comically inept now, and talk in quips.

These movies were the Hunger Games before the Hunger Games.

Pirates series was best when it mixed spooky and comedy well, so it looks good here
hope they dont fuck it up

This.

Anyone else agree that the CGI in it looks God awful?

No, the CGI in Mortal Kombat Annihilation looks god-awful.

He's not 'Some Henchman'
That IS Captain Salazar

I played this at E3. It fucking sucks. No Mans Sky 2, mark my words

>Will is back

Well at least something good is coming out of this movie, hope they don't kill him like Han Solo.

But will Will do Legolas-tier stunts now?

Capitán Salazar, user.

This is America, speak 'murrican pirate scum.

OK YOU GUYS CANT LIE
THIS OPENING WAS HYPE AS FUCK
youtube.com/watch?v=WQETfluoHGU

>everyone knows the lyrics to this random song and are willing to participate in singing it while they're being hanged
Ehh.

i thought he'd look more ghosty

I had no idea what message he wanted to give Jack. None.

Its Hoist the Colors
its a song they would sing on ship, plus they all going to die what else would they do

>it's a Jack teams up with Barbossa episode

They should just team-up permanently. They've got their own ships and crews so there's no real conflict anymore, right?

Kino af

Based Gore

Why is the flying dutchman there at 0:24?

>yfw we'll get Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush AND Javier Bardem all sharing scenes together
Will there even be any scenery left to chew?

youtube.com/watch?v=fINeo6sWqGI

One of the best scenes.

I guess Salazar should be moving on to the afterlife but he isn't, so Will has to do something about it.

I need help remembering a pirate movie I saw when I was really young.

I think there was 2 or 3 kids that got sucked into a storybook about pirates. The one scene that stayed with me is where the antagonists buried some pirates up to their necks in the sand and cut the top of their heads with swords.

For some reason. Movement and combat in this is so much better than the recent gamea

Is Black Sails worth checking out?

Will Jack turn into a skeleton though?

So is Barbossa still Captain of the Queen's Anne or is that gonna be forgotten?

>new flavour of undead pirates
>they move as if their bodies are swaying in an unseen tide
>they come in pieces
>Javier Bardem is their captain
>Isla de Muerte returning?

So far so good.

>Undead effects, while alright, somehow look worse than Davy Jones 10 years ago

...how?

Before they revealed it was Bardem, I thought it was undead Norrington somehow.

Yep, it gets better with each season unless you're triggered by someone being a literal butt pirate.

Oh god this'll be a trainwreak

Well when you're at sea for extended periods of time you've got to plunder some booty.

That was one of most memorable moment for me from the first movie

Isn't that Blackbeard's ship?

Go play Ass Creed 4

And who died in the last Pirates movie? Was it Blackbeard? Why I do believe it was!

lol

I TOTALLY KNEW THE NEXT ENEMIES WOULD BE GHOST PIRATES!

First skeletons
The Sea Monsters/chtulu horors
The Zombies
Now Ghost

Cant really think of what will be next, so this may be the last one.
Maybe Alien pirates

>cthulu horors
user. Tentacles don't make something Lovecraftian.

This, how many years after this movie starts?

>Why is his hair floating like that and everything else has weight? Does ghost logic not give a fuck about hair, specifically, but everything else is fine? At least dead man chest fish human worked under some kind of logic despite being impossible things.
Goddamn, that hair really bothers me, it's fucking distracting.

I thought it was to simulate the ebb and flow of the sea and how a body drifting beneath the waves would be swayed by it.

Ancient aliens? Well if Indy did it, why not?

Try to escape maybe?

parley?

Yeah, the guards can only fire one shot before spending an unreasonable amount of time reloading, no way they could kill all of those people.

>the CGI in Mortal Kombat Annihilation looks god-awful.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yeah i know, but they were close enough.
Being as they were mythical type of monsters

Ninja pirates

lol na' man davy jones could warp short distances becasue fuck it why not and he could pass the solid objects because why not.

Its never really explained in the slighteset

>close enough
No. They had nothing in common with cosmic horror. They just looked like sea-life, dagnabbit!

>Look it up
>Orlando's actually back

I want to see how this plays out

Just watched the teaser. SeemsGood. I always dug the original three, but the one with only Depp was really shit

>dat feel when they inevitably have to kill off Hector
>Jack the monkey will probably go down with him
I just wonder if Disney would have the guts to turn him full villain again as the captain of the Queen Annes Revenge and Blackbeards magical sword vs Jack, the Pearl, and his magical compass

He could pass solid objects when going forward but for some reason he couldn't pull his pincer back through the bars.

Consider him buried m8

Because
>I AM THE SEA
and he can go wherever the sea is.
He's a rogue psychopomp, remember? He couldn't have been everywhere people were drowning at once without this power set.

You now remember they gave him a little bucket of sea water to stand in during the Parlay scene in AWE

>that awkward shuffling of Jack to stand next to him

He could, though. He was temporarely annoyed by having regained his crustacean appearance and didn't think of it for like 3 seconds.

They just need grand scale fighting again, i'd say.

The stakes got higher and higher as the original 3 unfolded. Then it was just The Adventures of Jack and as entertaining as Jack is, it needs that real sense of urgency. Also they should include Jacks dad more. I love how they play him as the ultimate badass that could probably deal with all the shit that's happening all by himself.

>He could, though
He pushed forwards and came into the cell rather than pulling it back.
What they need is more of the crew. That's why 4 didn't work, the crew wasn't there.

you didn't follow the rules

the ghost pirate rules

They're more like guidelines than actual rules.

I see they used the same CGI as they did 10 years ago. Nice callback to the fans.

hah

I so want to rewatch these now

Ninja pirates

That explains the warping but not him phasing thru objects like hes a fucking ghost.

fuck me I actually want to see this

Is Jack going to be less comic relief and more real fucking pirate?

They balanced his quirks with his ruthlessness pretty well. Then spent 2 movies shitting on him until he was basically Homer Simpson while the puny whelp became a god.

I didn't even watch the Blackbeard one. I was too jaded at that point.

>clude Jacks dad more

that was his brother.

Pirates curse of the black pearl is the only good one and the 4th one with penolope cruz was okay

>I don't know if it still holds up today but that shit was fucking awesome
It does, in fact, I can't think of a live action movie with better looking CGI effects than pirates 2 and 3

Part of ship, part of crew. Literally.
If only. I thought they were meant to be animated smashed porcelain dolls this time, then I read it was supposed to be ghosts.

werewolf pirates

Just think about that for a minute
>large battleship with a fuck huge snarling wolfhead for the nautical figurehead
just imagine being attacked by werewolf pirates on a full moon

Orlando and the chicks story are done.
I think one of those comic relief pirates has retired to become a family man or something, and them being the duo they were, it'd be hard to replace them, maybe? I think there were two soldier dumbasses to so maybe they can fill the shoes. Did they? Can't remember much of 4.

I just remember all the hype when barbossa appeared at the end of 2.

They're obviously trying to introduce a new MC to the series so they can keep milking that shit. He will be Little Sparrow or some shit.

Should've gotten Jack O'Connell to play it desu

>I knew your father, William Turner
>He was a pirate and a scallywag
>MY FATHER WAS A BLACKSMITH NOT A PIRATE REEE
It keeps happening.

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of these movies overall, but I saw them all. Black Pearl was an awesome movie, Dead Man's Chest was good, At World's End was OK, and I thought On Stranger Tides was kind of a resurgence for the series.

How do fans of the series feel about the four films so far?

GOD you lovecraftian fucks are so picky about that shit.

I like the first two, but I think 3 and 4 are trash

>How do fans of the series feel about the four films so far?

A walking corpse, it went all downhill after the second movie

>that was his brother.

I'm pretty sure Jack calls him dad at some point.

One was great, two was even better in some ways but worse in others, three was a bloated mess, four was a step in the right direction from there but lacked characterization and should've had the crew in it.

Wait so this movie takes place about 17 years in the future judging from Will turners son age?!

So i assume they will have jack sparrow look a bit older?

>the love of my life is in that cell
>she's also who cursed me
>oh she's lifted the curse
>can this be it? will all be well?
>tfw I'm lobster'd again
>IS DAVY JONES GONNA HAVE TO PINCER A BITCH!?

some chinese shit to carter to the chink market
let me see what kind of pirate the slain eyes has back then
eh... dragon riding pirates?

You can't just look a bunch of fish people and say DUDE CTHULHU XD
Because that's not the point of the Lovecraft stuff. You could call them fish people from Innsmouth if you want.

no Jack was pretty gay

But we already had that Chinese lady in 3?

Considering he was raised by his mum who was pretty much about as propirate as you can be I don't see it happening.

If it happens it'd be more over rebelling then anything
>I was the Pirate King you know
>your father is an undead pirate with an invincible ship and crew that ferrys the dead to the afterlife, visits once per 10 years cause of that
>raised on stories of Jack and Barbossa

>dat feel when killed off the gheisa pirate twins so fast r34 of them wasn't even made

No, jack asked him how there mother was and he shows him there mothers shrunken head.

They are Bothers

if he still is, he should be way too op on the waters even against this new capt. alvarez or what'shisname

Pretty much how i feel about them

That's why he adressed him as Dad the sentence before that, right?

yeah and that scared chinese captain, but they are throw away cast so it doesnt count
the point is we need cursed pirates with gimmicks, that why I was thinking what kind of magic sea shit the chink got back then

How about a crew of vikings who have been lost at sea for 600 years?

3 is a mess but I can't deny I love that last hour or so thats the final battle in the maelstrom

>mortal man with remote control ship and a missing leg
against
>intangible ashen pirate ghost

Yeah right, what's he gonna do? Splash him with water? Hang him with the rigging?

>Edward Teague was an infamous pirate captain in the Caribbean and father of Jack Sparrow.

From the wiki.

>"Jackie, now this is quite a surprise. Come to visit your old man at last, have you?"

And if that quote from the movie won't convince you, maybe this one will?

>"Hello, Jackie."
"Hello, Dad."

Direct quotes.

What eves maybe i need to rewatch the scene casue its been a while

movie #6 here we come.

youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM

I know I'm late to respond but since no one did
One piece has been the biggest shit in Japan for over a decade

Pirates vs VIKININGS WITH POWERS OF THE NORSE GODS!

It dumb enpugh to work lol

shoot the shit of out it of course

Ahhhh yeah i just rewatched on youtube and yeah you were right.

They can even have Draugirs if they want more zombies.

Hey man technically you weren't wrong

Both him and his dad are apart of The Brethrens Court

Sailing the coast of North America they come across a forgotten Viking settlement who still life fairly similar as they did back in their day? Maybe he's looking for some Viking relic that he's heard rumors of.

And then Jack causes Ragnarok.

Fuck North America, Jack has to find the 13 crystal skulls to unlock the secret of immortality.

Everyones forgetting the most important question, Is Jack alive again or still an undead monkey?

>stole a cursed aztec gold coin at end of 1st movie
>undead through 2 and 3
>shown eating a peanut at the end of 3
>still alive in the bottled Black Pearl

He's still undead. If the curse wasn't lifted in 1, they can't lift it at all because the island sank and the Aztec gold sank with it.

What's to stop him from eating even if he's undead?

Nothing tastes like anything I guess?

Remember what Barbossa said in the first movie, they're undead and always hungry/thirsty but they gain no sustenance or reprieve from hunger/thirst

Does it taste bad? I thought it was just that they never got full so were always hungry.

>Kino
Curse of the Black Pearl

>Cinema
Dead Man's chest

>Movie
At World's End

>Flick
On Stranger Tides

Switch World's End and Stranger Tides.

Yeah but it's a monkey. Do you think it's smart enough to not eat because its pointless?

its gonna be an ex machina cameo aswell i just know it

When Drug Cartel pirate is defeated, they'll have Turner sail him to the afterlife on the Dutchman

No, when they delayed it the first time they didnt start filming yet. Was filmed in early 2015 for a 2016 release. They've had 1 additional year to work on it....which is basically starting now. Sooo..... we have yet to see the result of the extra year.

Explain?!?!?!!?

>What they need is more of the crew. That's why 4 didn't work, the crew wasn't there.
It's funny, I thought we'd be better off without Will and Liz, but 4 felt very hollow without them, and without the rest of the crew. It proved that Jack alone can't carry a film. Thankfully Will is back in some capacity (hoping it's more than a glorified cameo), but in terms of crew only Gibbs and Marty the midget are back for this one. Cotton's actor is alive and still acting, so I don't know why they didn't bring him back for this one. Sadly Ragetti's actor has the same stick up his ass as Keira and doesn't want to return, so you lose Pintel in the process since they're kind of a package deal. Since this movie deals with dead men I wish they'd have used it as an opportunity to bring back based Norrington, who never should have been killed in the first place.

fuck that