Is this the best vampire kino? Also why don't they make vamp movies or even horror movies like this any more?

Is this the best vampire kino? Also why don't they make vamp movies or even horror movies like this any more?

Everything is either really serious or teen romance. I miss the days where vampires were blood sucking demons from hell that needed to get their shit fucked up.

It's definitely my favorite vampire movie

check out 30 days of night broheim

i really liked interview with the vampire despite everyone else seeming to hate it

I also like Near Dark.

Apart from the shitty ending it's quite good.

Lost Boys and Near Dark is a pretty good double feature.

Thanks for posting, buddy. Good post.

I got to watch that alone as a kid on a movie channel late at night. Almost felt like I lived the character's lives. Felt so detached after the movie ended. It was an interesting experience and I love the movie for it.

Another oddball vampire movie from the 80s is The Hunger.

I highly recommend it

I think the 80s was probably the best time period for vampire movies.

Man, I was so happy to have 30 Days come along after all that True Blood & Twilight shite.

It also had the best ax beheading filmed until recently when ABC's of Death 2 topped it with Capital Punishment.

yeah i first saw it when i was 13 or something, and it hit me in sort of the same way.

Keifer is based the movie itself is shit.

Now this is true vampire kino.

Wait until some network inevitably adapts Vampire the Masquerade. That shill will do what walking dead did for zombies.

>Inb4 coreyposters shit up the thread

Aaron Spelling already did that

>I never watched Vampyr or Herzog's Nosferatu
Why is board so pleb

Absolutely...not.

The only reason Only Lovers Left Alive wasn't mentioned before is because not enough people have seen it in order to meme about it.

Jarmusch has never directed a watchable film

Great cast in that one

No I mean actually a proper adaption not 90s network tv garbage.

From Dusk Till Dawn is pretty fun mang. You should also check out Van Helsing. Fun as fuck, but definitely not kino

It was pretty faithful to the source material