So we can all agree that that was an AWESOME premier, right?

So we can all agree that that was an AWESOME premier, right?

I'm hyped !

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Sarafyan
youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
youtube.com/watch?v=fsMC6d8DeMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

NO we cant you ape

ungrateful ape

ungrateful ape

Yeah it was awesome. Enjoy it before the contrarian edgelords shit on it and meme it to death

Best piece of television I've seen all year. Stranger Things just got btfo

i'll watch till leftovers starts back up

It was passable at best. I suspect a 5/10 by the end of the season considering the people behind it

how many episodes in this season

Yeah, it was freaking sweet. Finally, a good TV show.

No

This desu

It was a pretty good premiere, I wasn't blown away. Still will keep watching though, looks like things will get interesting down the line.
Biggset disappointment is we didn't see Evan Rachel Wood fully naked.

Not even meming, but I honestly enjoyed it.

I think Person of Interest fans would definitely get a kick out of it, certainly on a conceptual level.

The direction was fantastic, as was the writing. Even accounting for "pilot blues" (i.e. some roughness with exposition and whatnot), it was solid as hell, and set up some interesting storylines (kek) for this season. Very excited to see what happens.

>le leftovers is actually watchable meme

It was very good pilot

That was actually pretty good desu.

Good pacing and flowed well. Set a tone for the series and felt eventful for a pilot. Solid writing, acting, and directing.

First show in a while that I'm looking forward to the next week for. Going to enjoy talking about it on here until it catches on and everyone starts shitting on it for no reason

give me a quick synopsis, Cred Forums.

Leftovers is the best show on television you fag.

How much do you think this ride costs?

Even if the rest of the episode had been shit, dadbot would have singlehandedly made it worth watching.

They had me at paint it black. And the other in the saloon.

Felt like a Syfy show with an HBO budget. Going to last two seasons, tops.

I'd say like 10k per day minimum.

It felt like that till the ending with the dad. I liked the dark turn and hope they go deeper in the moral analysis.

tfw no robot gf

Bait.

It was pretty fucking bad. Like most of the overhyped "prestige television" shit around here.

No rape scene for triggers hmmm

Wonder if they charge you for the bots you scalp and dismember

>didn't see Evan Rachel Wood fully naked

Fucking plebs

>It was pretty fucking bad. Like most of the overhyped "prestige television" shit around here.
>deleted

what did he mean by this?

its good, intriguing.. awesome, i dunno yet

i liked the tech stuff and models and aesthetic

wasnt she in lord of the rings?

Yeah she played this chick

how do you enter the simulation?
think they'll ever show?

So did he want to slap the fly that landed on his face but couldn't because muh no harm living things?

Is that what made him go full crazy robodad

Pretty good! It's done well and I am intrigued

It's not a simulation you dip

Kek

So any theories? Who do you guys think Ed Harris is? I'd imagine with all the shit going wrong, maybe they've neglected the guests and he's gone toying around.

How did the picture of the girl in a city get out to his ranch? Placed there by a rogue designer?

so ed harris is the actual owner right

Also, in the beginning, it seemed like he was raping Dolores, but I think he was doing something else. Maybe he scalped her head and we just haven't seen it yet.

what happens if the hosts don't go to sleep?
what's stopping visitors from ruining everything for everyone and going on a shooting rampage? are the hosts rebuilt or replaced after "death"?

>not a simulation you dip

ok. how do you enter west world?

Hard to say.

They said there were 1400(?) guests at Westworld, right?

Having just Googled it, there are apparently around 50,000 guests at Disney World per day. So, I'd say about 30-40 times the cost of Disney World's daily room and board, minimum.

Then, you have to add in the fact that 1) it's likely in high demand, 2) people can do whatever the hell they want (kill, fuck whores, etc.), and 3) they are presumably paying for Westworld's discretion.

So, that would jack the price up a little more, too. Certainly, #2 would massively raise the value.

I think isn't far off. Maybe a little less, maybe a little more. But 10k per person per day sounds about right.

Anthony Hopkins has watched how people have treated his creations for decades and has created a way for them to rise up and destroy everything as a sort of apology to them. Ed Harris is a nihilist who wants to watch it all burn down.

Well he had someones scalp with some sort of maze/map on the back?

That was the guy he left with 3 liters of blood.

It's not a continuous simulation, I think there are sort of like instances. Right?

Yeah, but I wonder if it just leads him to someone else

guys pls

Ooh like a secret game?

Ed Harris probably works for a rival corporation or some other competitor.

I feel like Hopkins probably is fucking everything up on purpose trying to create life indistinguishable from real life. It seems like whatever the update was has some kind of language as a virus concept in it to spread. The idea of language as a virus has been studied before so I wouldn't be surprised if it was brought in here.

But why the scalping? It seems like he has a more focused ulterior motive than "watch it all burn."

Do you think he is aligned with or opposed to whatever Hopkins' motives are?

who's your robotfu Cred Forums
i pick the green eyed one

I thought the premier was pretty good, too bad it is going to get slaughtered in the ratings by Walking Pleb in a few weeks

I do wonder Ed Wood's character meant by "next level". And the whole "what does management want" scene was intriguing, too.

Shareholders want stability and for the value of the park to increase. Guests want freedom and, as the writer suggested, a somewhat god-like feeling of living among the realistic yet obviously fake people.

So, what DOES "management" want?

You take the train you idiot, it's all real that's not even a question

I like the idea that characters can retain memories of their "past lives". Considering how radically they've probably changed over the years (the father was in some cannibal cult) it could lead to neat character development.

Pretty underwhelming so far but there's some potential for some decent entertainment. The dialogue was pretty shoddy at times as well as the editing. The genral pacing was also shit. I appreciate the world building but 75% of the episode felt like a slog. All in all I'd give it a 2.5/5. It sure was pretty though, I'll give it that.

That wasn't a map it was the imprint of the chipset on the hosts brain.

he's the owner who got insane after his daughter died in an accident

Are you retarded?

>language has a virus

Have you ever seen Pontypool? It's a "zombie" movie focused on this concept. Not a bad flick

Its basically Total Recall but instead of Mars its western themed

Evan Rachel wold

I think Jurassic Park would be a better analogy

>Life finds a way

It has a level of Claymore feel to it.

>Super soldiers fight demon things in a medieval world, protecting villagers. Turns out medieval world is just a testing ground for super soldiers to throw them into an actual war thing, and medieval world is just an ant farm.

its terrible. stop recommending it to people

Jurassic Park meets The Matrix

It was the first time I've ever told someone to watch it but okay sorry :3

No need to apologize to that faggot. Tell him to go finger his butthole

So if you can only get there by train how did the scientist guys get to the milkman's shootout so quickly? Maybe their black room thing is underneath the town and they can take elevators that are scattered all around the territory. The train is just a flashy entrance for the guests

AND THAT LESSON IS

It was a map to find Luke Skywalker
Its true all of it

Wait is it really not a simulation?

How come guests can't get hurt then?

say that to me irl see what happens.

All right, lads. If I was in Westworld, I'd go on a comfy bounty hunt, screw one of the pretty hookers, eat a steak with fries and scotch, and go camping with the local lads, starting up a camp fire and listening to stories.

What about you?

Evan Rachael yes I would

mass looting and raping

Who says they can't? All we know is the hosts can't damage them back with guns.

The shootout was in the day. They are there at night.

The management woman is a robot screencap this

unironically, this.

What if you end up raping a guest? How does that work? I hope they cover this shit at some point in their 10 episodes

I'd hunt down Indians, as God intended

I guess you're the hombre we're after.

They physically take the robots out, and likewise the people go in through the train

I'm pretty sure they can. The gun thing is probably because it's not an real gun.

Pretty obvious

it's probably like the cabin in the woods

Find some nice side characters to go fishing with. Relax and enjoy the scenery.

I'd like to go along with a traveling caravan, sit by the campfire, listen to them tell stories. Sounds nice.

Yeah, it's kind of weird.

Obviously, they're programmed not to hurt guests. But I keep thinking that, besides guns (which can be worked to only hit the droids), everything else is pretty fucking dangerous.

The horses, the knives, the glass. Those all seem real.

At the same time, we clearly see the "hosts" getting carted off by the programming team to some offsite place. Exactly where and how they get there is a mystery. But I don't think they'd go through the trouble of carting people off if it's just a simulation.

The way the characters talk about different and older storylines makes me think of Medieval Times (the restaurant). They change it up every now and then to keep it fresh.

How long before Medieval times starts using rapable robutts and makes it an overnight experience?

What happens when two visitors have conflicting quests?
What if someone wanted to save Dolores from Ed Harris?

She has a weird accent, I can't really place what it is

Is Ed Harris a robot or not?

Why did the day "reset"?

>you'll never get to play in roman world, medieval world or west world

Good questions. I think it's interesting that we really haven't seen anything from a typical guest's point of view, at least we haven't seen anything of their experience before or after the park itself

My favorite bits in twilight zone are when the reality of the situation sets on the characters mind and they get hysterical. Likewise when dadbot was looking at the picture the next morning and was having a total mental breakdown, ohhh my fucking face when

it wasn't as hype as i hoped it would be

production values are through the roof clearly, but the acting and way they laid out the premise felt wooden for some reason, even hopkins didn't seem at his best

still early though, definitely looking to see where things go

also thought the mannerisms on the "hosts" were pretty creepy when they were glitching, good actors on that twitching and quick/subtle changes back to previous characters they played, especially that last guy that was a cannibal quoting shakespeare before being dolores' papa

that unhinging shit and ed harris "going deeper" into the game are the most interesting plot points as of now, everything else was pretty passive imo, was pretty enough though

>fuck a big breasted maiden while eating a greasy turkey leg in knights armor
Don't get my hopes up user

EXTERMINATE
COMANCHE

we could only be a few decades away. don't order that helium tank just yet user

I really like the idea of "remembering" parts of your past personality. Lots of room for some cool stuff

what is this?

Calm down, John Wayne.

nah, he's a visitor that wants to make things more visceral/has found some secret shit hopkins' character left clues around about/likes taunting the host robots like he did in the beginning by showing the good guy teddy he could shoot him in the head no matter how much he wanted to because it was against his programming, or "storyline", like he said to him directly "you were made to play the loser"

However they did that older style robot (supposed to be Wild Bill Hickok?) was phenomenal. It was spooky

Is Nolan the new Nolan?

Anthony Hopkins is off his marbles and giving them sentiency.

Screencap this.

This was thankfully most of the episode setting up the rules of the world and a typical couple days of functioning Westworld.

Next episode introduces the probably main guests characters. Like the original movie.

One will be a seasoned guest. The other is a 1st timer

Honestly, I'm not sure.

My guess is that once a host (or a group of hosts) gets attached to a guest, they find a way to avoid other guests.

Hell, it's possible that -- since Dolores is the oldest host -- she's designed to avoid guests entirely and just *literally* be scenery, as Wood's character stated stated to the card dealer. So, she never would have gotten attached to a guest in the first place.

Not an issue. Leftovers starts after Westworld ends.

Come to think of it, I'd tell all the hosts I'm Clint Eastwood

Robodad went crazy with the picture. The sheriff went crazy with the fly.

this is what they showed us, you're not revealing any secrets here.

It was spectacular. First 15 minutes were pure kino. The rest of the episode wasn't quite as good, but the premise itself is great and there's more than enough interesting threads to spin a season out of.

Best premiere of the year.

THANK YOU NOLAN

Leftovers is gonna be one of those shows that gets a much larger following over the next 5 years than it ever had while it was airing.

FUCK YOU MODS
I will keep Angelaposting all night if I have to

The security guard will do some shit, I can feel it.

>mfw he's the lesser famous Hemsworth brother

Dude is actually pretty talented.

ANOTHONY HOPKINS WILL GET KILLED BY A ROUGE ROBOT

AFTER A WHILE WE'LL SEE THAT HE'S STILL ALIVE.

THE DEAD HOPKINGS WAS ACTUALLY A DECOY ROBOT TO FAKE HIS DEAD

screencap this lads

Second. That was an actor? I couldn't tell but whatever the case the bit was fantastic

"black hole sun"... hmmm i see a theme going here

What? The pilot made it appear as if he simply updated them and they malfunctioned.

I kinda' got the feeling he's making them "alive" on purpose too.

She's kind of ayy lmao but quite beautiful at the same time

Jonah was always the true Nolan, tee bee aitch. Chris was the directing genius, but Jonah always wrote the first drafts and initial stories to Chris's stuff. As Christopher himself stated in interviews, he usually dumbed things down, repeated things, etc.

But Jonah was the one who really crafted what the Dark Knight trilogy would be; his story was the genesis of Inception; he worked on the (good) bulk of Interstellar's story. And, of course, he has Person of Interest's latter seasons to back up his talent as a writer and storyteller.

who is this semen demon

I liked it.

But you know what's shit?
There isn't a main character who is also a real human being in the Westworld.

unless ep 2 changes that

>screencapping a spoiler post

It will

It was quite good.

However, thanks to all of the "why aren't their more blacks in hollywood" shit, I sat there wondering if the fact that there was a random black character in every other scene was a conscious decision or not

The annoying thing is it didn't matter nor did it detract from the episode, but it was distracting

WHO WILL BE THE GUNSLINGER, Cred Forums?

>Dolores
>Teddy
>The mexican bandit (Hector or something)

agree 100%, when he went back to the cannibal mode character during his glitching/reset it was great to see the quick movement from the range of papa farmer to crazed guy quoting shakespeare, all kinds of space for character development, especially since they're apparently memories locked away in the back, kind of repressed i would think, so any one of the hosts could literally have a number of different personalities

shit is crazy to think on, especially dolores since they said she's like 216 or something, she's probably played hundreds of roles = all kinds of repressed characters waiting in the background to come out
really thought the actor for that guy looked super familiar, whoever it was had the "lifelike, but still a robot" mannerisms on point, was very creepy/surreal to see him just repeat, put down his shot glass in a very inhuman way, then zip up in the body bag

all stuff that was done right, like i said, the only thing that kind of disappointed me was how they kind of slapped the premise in your face a bunch of times, but i guess that was necessary for the adhd audience that wouldn't catch it the first time around

yeah! and who drains out all the semen from the whores in the brothel? can you just take any old person off the street and rape them????

>he doesn't know

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Sarafyan

>she's 216
Wha? I don't remember that

The whole point was to take Crichtons movies and do it from the robots perspective. Of course there's no human main characters in the park.

How is it possible we're one episode in and the British storyteller is already the worst character?

What was with the milk?

He is. He lost someone and the whole point of what he's doing is to create life so he can 'resurrect' whoever it was he lost. Hence the reference/foreshadowing. That's his whole endgame. But in doing so he's risking everyone else's safety.

:(

>Armenian
Dropped

I like how autistic he is. Fits the writer mold well.

>go down on a robot hooker
>stinks of decade old cum and WD-40

there was some map or crossword puzzle in the scalp buddy

So almost all of the people running Westworld are robots too and don't realize it right?

Why would you go down on any type of hooker user?

Some friendly juxtaposition of an artificial thing drinking, holding, using, pouring, wasting, an organic symbolic food?

Did you not watch the preview?

pretty sure that's what the guy said her age was around the end of the episode when he was talking to the no name scientist during her evaluation

That was the imprint from the circuitry on the hosts brains. They showed the sheriff with his head opened so the programmer could run diagnostics earlier.

Best pilot episode since LOST.

The angry british storytelling narrative man thinks he's a genius with symbolism and striking visualization.
>his fucking face when his great speech gets cut short
This yea

>Going down
>On a hooker

user...

>tfw have one less reason to kill myself now that this could be telekino

every little bit helps

Wait Ed Harris is in this? I might have to check it out.

Look at the hands bro

A growing boy needs milk, user.

I honestly didn't get it, either. I think the shot of a host's "blood" seeping into milk was supposed to symbolize something. And obviously, it's a call back to the white plaster that they're initially composed of.

Beyond that, I suppose it's because milk can only be produced by mothers (cows, but it still applies). And there are no real mothers in Westworld.

A bit interesting, now that I think about it, that we didn't see Dolores's mother while she was on. Maybe that ties into the symbolism, too.

Why the dad host cry when being put into storage? What did the black guy whisper to him?

Pretty badass role too desu

just kidding haha

In the first cycle shown he and his buddy robbed the dad robot but all he had was milk. Then it was shown that some robots were being given slight memories for better movements. Then when the milkman is shown again, he's got plenty of milk and is saying things like "not dying this time" and pouring milk on the dead guy like what happened in his previous cycle. There's nothing special about the milk, it was just meant to show that he remembers far more than he was supposed too

yeah, he's pretty fucking brutal too

one of the better characters at this point, anyway

He's one of the more intriguing aspects so far.

Must have been something about Dolores, given that she's his final "reason for existence" (I forget what word Hopkins used).

Called him a bitch ass nigga

I felt Ed Harris was kinda' too much. He was literally a moustache twirling villain.

Seems so my friend seems so.

Yet another remake.

he LITERALLY did nothing wrong

Told him he'd be standing behind the fat lady

>be a rich successful person
>pay tens of thousands of dollars for the ultimate experience vacation
>have access to all of the robopussy and adventures you want
>rape an actual person instead and get thrown into jail for the rest of your life because youre in a fucking simulated resort with 3D fucking cameras everywhere and it's own literal hit squad and and there's nowhere for you to escape to

I'd say that's a reasonable enough explanation but hopefully the show adds some exposition in to expand on that for autists like you

>hands

Huh? What'd I miss? I didn't notice anything about anyone's hands

Hail Hydra

We don't really know if he's a 'villain'. His motives are still unclear.

See . He's a guest, and he's allowed to be bad. Plus, he wanted more than just "getting his rocks off", which is a lot more than any mustache-twirling villain wants.

>Dolores is the oldest attraction
>Dolores is the first capable of harming a living thing
>Dolores will be the gunslinger

10/10, would be bamboozled again

Yeah,and that guy was put into pasture along with dadbot

SOMEONE POST THAT VERSION OF PAINT IT BLACK

NOW

Hopkins is actually the real villain. Ed is trying to stop him.

Man this isn't some bullshit reboot make to extend licensing rights for 5 more years. This is the kind of property that benefits from a remake or re envisioning or whatever.

How the series holds up as it progresses remains to be soon

Don't we see her in cowboy garb in one of the trailers?

who would do the security lady all day every day?

Underrated post

kek
the first "did nothing wrong"-post of Westworld

I think part of he said is "dont forget" or "remember"

Has the guy that played the dad been in any other movies or tv shows? He's a very good actor.

Not really though? Westworld was a movie. This is a miniseries to explore that concept further in a more serious context.

I get that, but within a viewer's context we're obviously supposed to take him for a nasty fella', and I felt his opening scene and the scalping scene laid that a bit too thick.

In fact, all the MAXIMUM EDGE moments were pretty cringe

>Milky Mike wanting to rape a corpse
>That other rapist's head exploding

Dadbot was the only one that worked, and even then he veered very close to overacting.

pretty fantastic first episode

what is this gunslinger everyone is talking about

why did you remove your trip?

>How the series holds up as it progresses remains to be soon

this, i've already said the opener had some great moments but didn't thrill me the way i hoped, but it's still way, way too early to be making a judgement on something like this when we've only just seen the pilot, and one that was actually decent for once in a long fucking time

ME

>ywn be a cute host that the security lady wants to protect

The main villain of the original movie is The Gunslinger, who goes full Terminator once the robots rebel and spends the movie brutally hunting down the human characters and kinda' works as the leader of the robots.

Everyone thought Ed Harris would be the gunslinger since they both dress all in black, but it's clearly not the case.

How have we gone two threads so far and no one has pointed out how fucking weird the dad robot looked without clothes on? I don't have a screencap, but his shoulders were lopsided by a good three inches and his neck was two feet long. The fucker looked like an alien in a human flesh suit

watch the movie bruh

i don't wanna spoil the tv show

He looks familiar. Maybe in previous HBO shows?

reference to the movie

I loved it

I would kill to have the voice of Anthony Hopkins

So Dolores is clearly the christ-like figure for the android uprising right?

The whole "judas steer leads the herd" thing felt like it basically hit that right on the nose

I'm pretty sure he was the dad from Even Stevens

his arms looked pretty thin, that's all.

the plot of the movie is super simple, completely different to the show.
you won't get spoiled, since the show will do something else.

How do the operators not catch Ed Harris kidnapping one of the robots, draining him of nearly all of his blood for hours, dragging his half-dead body across the plains and then scalping him and actually stealing the robo-scalp?

Shit's illegal.

now that kat.cr has been taken down

where are you guys going for your torrents?

No, that guy was short and chubby

Louis Hertham. He was on Longmire and True Blood.

Also according to imdb he's in 4 more episodes of Westworld, so apparently it's not the last we've seen of his character.

Fuck off fed, you're not getting anything from us

i'm not a poorfag i have hbo

someone answer this, since i'm a pleb.

why did the day "reset"?

Because they're too busy worrying about all the other glitches in the park.

any shots of pusy lips?

It had to lay the groundwork for the series pretty thick. We repeated the girls average day I think 3 times? Exposition is necessary since not a ton of people even remember the Westworld movie or know it exists.
I hope they don't jump the gun too soon on theme park breakdown. The original movie had a really good build up and solid shit gets real moment whenthe park guest gets gunned down by Yul Brynner

That milf on the facility made me diamond hard.

Westworld general when?

youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

I'm not sure they're accounting for people going that far off the grid. Plus all the crazy glitches with the other robots is preoccupying the park admin

He was also in true detective, although, a minor character

I hope not. There are a ton of interesting things they can explore with this concept, it'll be disappointing if it's a "we was robots the whole time" M Knight Shyamalel twist

Because he works for the corporation, trying to see what Hopkins is up to

Nah.

I don't think it's going to be as simple as "she leads the android uprising". Even though she's probably suffered the most of the droids, I think she'll be the first to side with humans, probably out of some kindness to her creator for keeping her alive.

>Ed Harris says he's been coming to Westworld for 30 years
>The programmer says the last major malfunction/accident happened 30 years ago

THE PLOT DEEPENS

Hmm what narrative were the large ones used for I wonder?

As far as I can tell, the "reset" isn't as harsh as it seems.

The day ends as it normally would, and then the hosts do what they did the previous day. This happens again and again until a new storyline is written. But otherwise, every day is a "reset".

Speaking of which, it's not quite clear where guests go at the end of the days. I suppose they have to arrive to Westworld by train every day, so as to clearly be seen as a "newcomer".

you can get a free 30 day sub to hbonow if you're a grown man and can provide the appropriate credentials to sign up, and stream it when it airs or on demand afterwards

other than that, stop being so pleb and get on a private tracker already
i know, i already said that was one of the things i didn't personally like, but realized it had to be done for people unfamiliar with the property+ADD audience members here and hereit's cool though, super active thread, don't expect you to read every single post and shit famville

Security lady and writer boy talked about how the park means something different to the guests, the board, and management.

Guests are obvious. Management is Hopkins and the board is Harris

Agree. It's overlooked thanks to the programmers latest ios upgrade to the robots.

Also farther off the grid is when shit gets crazy going by 2 different scenes so accounting for guests out in hard mode should be a priority.

But if guests can't be harmed...

>all those comments just saying "HAHA WESTWORLD BROUGHT ME HERE!!! xD"
Why do normies do this?

Oh shit

Black old sun

Can't chew gum

And wash away the rain

Please can someone post Angela Sarafyan's puffy Armenian nips.
I beg you.

The top tier quality of this pilot is why HBO should have been doing The Dark Tower instead of fucking Sony.

>guests can't be harmed...

They can't be shot by hosts*

I imagine they can still tumble off a cliff or otherwise have some sort of accident.

Because it's kewl and funny and relatable, haha lol

shh

the moment kin approved of elba as roland, that movie was bound to be shit from the get go, and it really won't work as a film anyway, too much ground to cover, unfamiliar audience with finer details, etc.

I think security lady said it's new guests everyday.

Is Ed character a hidden guest? how monitoring guys doesn't spot what he is doing?

According to IMDB most characters are in it for the whole 10 episodes, including Dolores, Marsden, Hopkins, Ed Harris, the business lady, the bong writer, the black programmer, the two guests being introduced last week, the bandits, the prostitutes, the security man and that programmer girl that kissed the robot.

They get up pretty steep yeah. Also fire, disease, general sickness got to be accounted for. Lots of questions.

Shit I haven't been this hyped over an HBO pilot in a long while.

i'm surprised at how much i enjoyed this. really interesting. if the rest of the season is like this it could very well be hbo's next huge hit show.

I'd imagine they won't blow that load too early. We didn't even get a park guest to follow and know yet (although looks like that will be ep 2 with Ben Barnes and Jimmi Simpson)

I have been wondering how they are planning on handling more than one season of this but that's a ways away

>watching intro
>same shit style as every other show right now

never dropped a show this fast

Isn't the concept of Westworld dated? I don't mean the concept of the show, but Westworld the park.

It made sense in the 70's because Westerns were still popular back then, but nobody gives a fuck about Westerns in 2016. There isn't going to be a resurgence of the Western genre. How's paying a million dollars a night to go to this Western themed amusement park?

so when they get shot what happens? they get brought back to the main base area and fixed overnight?

gay programmer girl is my waif/u/

primitive fat acceptance movements

Mine too B-)

id do it

He's a robot too, isn't he?

If they pace it real slow Westworld will go to shit and the guests are in mortal danger at season finale. Season 2 is the guests escape attempts from the park.

But I doubt HBO will stretch it that much.

Roman World? PirateWorld?

>>same shit style as every other show right now
I feel the same way, is it silly dropping a show this quickly over something that trivial?
Westworld looks and feels like every other show, quickly shitting all over a great concept.
There was more to be explored with the film's story and the show is ditching that for a generic "AI can gain sentience" plot.

HBO needs a hit. They're banking on this to be it. It most certainly will go on longer than 2 seasons.

Well, consider it from the viewpoint of the "creators" of Westworld:

1) The Old West is a simple, hokey concept in people's minds. If there are glitches and repetitions, people won't mind it.

2) The Old West allows for all types of people and personalities, good and bad.

3) Compared to a genuine fantasy setting, it's pretty cheap. By design, it's arid, so you don't have to worry about farming everywhere; you can allow for some degree of old furniture; the people and animals are relatively simple.

4) And still, by the first two points, it offers a true "escape" from reality (compared to, say, the same setup but done in a modern setting).

If there were better options at reasonable prices, you'd definitely expect people to go elsewhere. But, as is, Westworld satisfies everyone's basic needs while not being overly expensive.

this is either bait, or you are too mentally challenged for basic television
oh fuck off, anyone with that kind of money to blow would love to go to an amusement park where you can basically do whatever the fuck you want, regardless of the era

western shit is fun too, pleb

>If they pace it real slow Westworld will go to shit and the guests are in mortal danger at season finale. Season 2 is the guests escape attempts from the park.
Should've just remade it as a movie.

Come on give it a chance.

No accent Nolan.

Pretty sure current Hollywood could do with a good western.

I would say its way more easier to program, it seems they do a shiton of work and the bugs are still happening.

game of thrones

Our guy Elliot used to crush that puss

What if he's the one who wrote the plane scene?

>$00.001 has been deposited into your account

I've always wanted a Romeworld movie. I'd take it in this.

The main characters being introduced next week.

>WILLIAM (Jimmi Simpson) I A reluctant first time visitor to Westworld, joining his friend, Logan. Initially dismissive of the park’s more lascivious attractions, he slowly uncovers a deeper meaning to the park’s narrative.

>LOGAN (Ben Barnes) I A louche bachelor and veteran Westworld guest. His hedonistic romp through Westworld is equally motivated by self-indulgence and a desire to help his friend, William.

>CHARLOTTE (Tessa Thompson) I A mysterious and savvy provocateur with a unique perspective on Westworld.

>LAWRENCE (Clifton Collins Jr.) I A charming but lethal outlaw, with a knack for maneuvering and negotiating the various criminal elements of Westworld.

You guys are right, thank you.

can't survive on one show. especially one that's winding down.

shes kinda ugly but thats what paper bags are for

whats the next step of ed harris' master plan?

>he doesn't have adhd
>..m-must be a shill!

this whole thread is full of us, get out while you can, we might convince you to be able to sit through an intro

retard

dat korean qt tourist

>The main characters being introduced next week.
>main characters
>introduced next week
Fuck this show

ever hear of exposition?

Ed harris is my husbando

That makes sense.
They could have but thanks to United Artists everyone would disregard it as a knock off Jurassic World movie. Especially since that's getting sequels currently.
Optimistic on this. Getting a strong Ex Machina vibe already.

If he removes the scalp, will it die?

>Sarafyan

Fucking Turks should of tried harder in purging the Armenian menace.

I'm glad cyclops is still getting roles.
Love that guy

someone else noticed

Were there any nudes? If not, then it was shit.

AN ENTIRE EPISODE OF EXPOSITION? COME ON.
The movie built up the same plotline in 10 minutes.

It's a marketing deal with Rockstar Games to generate hype for Westerns before they announce Red Dead 3 at the end of this month

Evan Rachael Wood's tits are literally the first thing you see

fuck you stop getting my hopes up

>comparisons to the movie

are we gonna be hearing this for the entirety of this show? i don't like this meme

this show appeals to the same audience who love redn movies. all flash, style, and zero substance.

It's a remake of the movie

>redn

Who the fuck is that?

refn i mean

>all flash, style, and zero substance.
>muh buzzword bait

shame she seems to be a dyke, she's still pretty fucking fine imo

Did you fucking retards not even watch the movie first?

Why is this so fucking boring???? Why did they adapt it like this?

I hope we see more of her

no. and 70% of the viewers didn't either. get over yourself.

It's inevitable at the outset but as the show progresses you'll hear less of it. Guaranteed. The Westworld movie was good but not good enough or popular enough to be regarded as this amazing Sci fi classic.
It's definitely worth watching once.

is he a big guy?

The guy who wrote westworld also wrote jurassic park

>watching movies that were released before the year 1999

lol user, lol

Nope and I wont dealt with it.

>Le watched the movie but the book was better

Considering the same guy wrote the original movie and Jurassic Park, you're not wrong

>They could have but thanks to United Artists everyone would disregard it as a knock off Jurassic World movie.
You know the original Westworld was by Michael Crichton, right?
>Optimistic on this. Getting a strong Ex Machina vibe already.
That's not a good thing.

Chrichtons first real work onscreen instead of on pages yeah. Westworld was very much a proto jurassic park.

That Danish women's accent isn't entirely convincing.

is was preddy gud but where was kebin cosmer??

I was hoping like all fuck that Ed Harris was playing Yule Brenner's part in the movie. The Gunslinger that goes rogue and kills the shit out guests.

Honestly...still could

youtube.com/watch?v=fsMC6d8DeMo

Watch this glorious russian you uncultured fucks.

This.

Out of all the shows I've watched this year (Stra

Is this just a western blade runner?

It's boring as fuck.

more like a western version of jurassic park with some ex machina

Dis isn't Wetworld :DD

we all agree Ed Harris in this show is god-tier cast, right?

ed harris is god tier in everything

i can't think of a single bad role he has ever given

Jurassic Park + Westerns + Terminator + Ex Machina

How do they clean the jizz out of the robot's sprockets?

This show is going to save HBO.

Screencap this post.

they just get some cucks to suck it out free of charge

Yank it out and replace it

>tfw this is NOT high budgit remake of Wetworld

hbo Y did u do dis to me?????

the robot can clean it by itself

I really really really hope they show some of the other worlds, like medival world and roman world

ed harris was in national treasure book of secrets, which was trash

i don't get the ed harris/host part in the beginning. the robots can't harm humans... ok. but, he was shooting him and the bullets were hitting his body, so the bullets were real

i guess he's a rogue robot...?

>"About three niggers"

you're fucking retarded

Wish we knew wether both those parks exist in this rendition or not. I feel like it's not

additional main characters, not necessarily THE main characters, you dunce

Yeah I think you're right. The main robot character is only in Westworld, so I doesn't really make sense for them to go to the other worlds, budget wise, and plot wise. Pretty disappointing honestly, but we'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Futureworld is LITERALLY the sequel

can you imagine the daily operating cost of this entire project, let alone the real estate cost

then again this is implied to be occurring in the future, so who knows what the deal is outside of westworld

>Who doesn't want to be a fucking badass gunslinging cowboy? Why do you think people loved Red Dead Redemption so much?

>I'm not sure if it's true in this continuity, but in the original Westworld there were 3 parks; Roman, medieval, and Westworlds.

She's such a QT.

>Roman, medieval, and Westworlds.

i don't know which one i'd want to be in

if you had to choose where would you go. the west is cool...but....rome might be cooler

That's all I could think about when watching the original a few years back. Every single day you're repairing bodies, wiping memories, charging batteries. Not to mention the upfront cost of building realistic, functioning, human robots by the thousands.

Shit, it'd almost be cheaper just to lobotomize real people and find a way to implant memories and conditioning.

don't forget the cost of repairing the set on a near daily basis because of drunk guests shooting the place up

10k per day is pretty low. That's like a 20th of bigwigs make.

And American Psycho wasn't too satire, a great many of them are psychotic.

No. This is the most unique experience on Earth. It's pricy.

Opening credits looks like a Mazda commercial but I like it desu

You monster with unsophisticated taste.

Her topless scene in that Sudeikis orgy movie was fantastic.

I didn't even watch a trailer or read a synopsis.

I went into this completely blind. As you're supposed to.

9/10 telekino, I'm onboard with this shit.

I'm guessing the man in black is a longtime guest who's grown bored with the park and wants to shake things up.

Also, we know nothing of the outside world. We don't even know what year it is.

Looks like the EdSlinger either a sentient Gunslinger secretly going rogue or Hopkins or others secretly controls him.

so whats up with the flies and mosquitoes? they're prominent in a lot of scenes. mosquitoes spread diseases so maybe they're infecting the host with something that messes with their programming

Shannon Woodward?

Yes please.

Weak metaphor for a computer bug. You have to be retarded to not pick up on this middle school level shit.

>Supposed to be an awesome fantasy world.

>James Marsden exists.

0/10