Can stop blastershots in the air and read people's minds...

>can stop blastershots in the air and read people's minds, powers not even the most powerful jedi in established lore have had
>gets rekt by a manlet niggertrooper and skinny white cunt who's never held a lightsabre before

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Heroes have deus-ex-machina plot armor and also often have beginner's luck, film at eleven.

And oh yeah, Han swooped in at the last second rendering Luke's decision to "use the force" less immediately essential, since it had been established that Luke could simply concentrate hard enough of his own accord to hit the target without proper force/Jedi training (his innate talents notwithstanding). Oh yeah, Luke enjoyed deus-ex-machina plot armor, right. Just like these newbs, and we're supposed to fault the newbs for failing to adhere to the "logic" of the original fairy tale. And the recent movie is most readily compared with the original, because the director knew to rehash safe themes and tempo in order to please his audience and not have his picture be hated (he was right about this).

I'm just going to stop reading star wars threads.

RLM is fucking cancer and the only way to avoid it is just to stop reading star wars threads I guess.

That's fine, plenty of other things to discuss, not a big loss.

>I don't have any substantive points in reply to a calmly-argued piece of rhetoric so I'm going to post a reaction image that obscures my own intention, understanding and position in the dialogue

He's also a butthurt teenage edgelord, and they pretty much never win fights.

I think Kylo was the only interesting character. It's a rare kind of villain, the so obviously dishevelled and spoiled little cunt. It's something actually new to the Star Wars universe, and I liked him.
He was desperate to beat the good guys so he could please his daddy Snooki, and when he began to realise just how bad he was failing he lost his composure completely.

Luke had a brief moment of lucidity after feeling the presence of obi wan helping him to make that shot. It is a subtle scene that takes the first steps of the protagonist to the introduction to the force.

The scene where Han Solo appears to help Luke, gives the idea that despite being a bounty hunter he has a kind and compassionate side, knowing that the right thing was to help the rebels.

TFA lacks any kind of subtlety, everything that makes Ray explained with a "do not know". It is a bland movie that dares not follow an innovative and captivating story, introduce us to empty shallow characters besides being one-dimensional

>conveniently forgetting that he was shot by a bowcaster
>parroting RedditLetterMedia

>TFA lacks any kind of subtlety

u wot. I disagree. Just watch the cinematography, especially in the scene where Ren kills Solo.

>one of the greatest pilots in the galaxy
>precognition to warn him of danger
>trained as a Jedi for two decades
>personally murdered hundreds of Jedi, sometimes multiple Jedi at once
>gets rekt by some random kid with less than a years training under his belt

That was the only good thing Luke did the entire movie. Rey never stops showing everyone else how it's done.

>only has one (1) force push in the finale
>knocks rey the fuck out
>lel no more force push

And it was seriously the most hamfisted thing in the world, I have no idea how people could miss it. They had no less the 3 separate scenes solely to show how powerful a punch the bowcaster packs, with Han Solo straight out audibly commenting on it.

This is why Hollywood has to not be subtle with anything. Audiences are too stupid.

see
if he could knock out rey and wreck finn he could have wrecked rey stop being delusional daisyfags

No one here's a daisyfag. They just made it blatantly obvious why Ben was so weak at that point. Annoyingly so in how obvious.

It initially annoyed me, but apparently they HAD to be that obvious. I had too high expectations of the average moviegoer.

He was shot in the stomach tbf. You try doing things you can normally do with a bullet wound and see how it goes.

Of all the absurd things Rey is able to do in the movie, I thought her beating Mini-Vader was the most reasonable. They even showed him grabbing his giant laser gun wound in the middle of the fight, as if to say to the audience "hey, remember how this guy got shot 5 minutes ago?".

>implying the training isn't just a meme

People SHOULD be complaining about how skillfully she flew the Millennium Falcon. That was just fucking out there and weird.

Everyone focuses on the Lightsaber fight though, for some reason.

inb4 amnesia

youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

RLM DELIVERED

i don't think the problem with Ray it's the power she has. Mos of all is that everyone need to constantly say that "she's soo special and unique"
you know, i get it...when Finn try to help Ray and she beat that 5 guys by herself i say "ok, that's cool, she is a badass". The problem is that she lacks personality and we need constantly to be remembered that she's "special" wasting a lot of scenes to pat her head instead of make her likeable or have a solid connection with the other characters.

THAT, makes her a mary sue to me

he did he handled himself perfectly until the force theme kicked in admit its cliche already

They literally complained about the prequels for an hour and barely discussed the shit directing of tfa