I need to know: is Iron Fist in it? I watched the first episode...

I need to know: is Iron Fist in it? I watched the first episode, it wasn't terrible but it seems like a cheap Wire ripoff so far, only good scene was the last one. And some of the dialogue was really terrible ("Benjamin Franklin was stupid, he electrocuted himself with a kite xD").
I won't keep watching unless Iron Fist is in it, please confirm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6K-QIjfaiiU
youtube.com/watch?v=H_AQFnqMY3E&feature=youtu.be
archive.fo/a2wlR
washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/?page=all
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Iron Fist is only in seven episodes but his third fight scene is one of the best fights ever in movies or television.

watched 9 episodes, no Iron Fist so far. Show's very meh overall, some good moments mixed with bad/shlocky writing.

You need to be black enough to watch this show. This show is pretty fucking black. I'm surprised because it's Marvel and usually they want to pander to the largest audience possible, but this ain't Falcon or Black Panther, this is fucking black as hell.

don't know what that post link is in the middle, fucking clover app

Atlanta is way blacker

offtopic but can someone fucking explain why Cage gets incapacitated by a shotgun and it's a huge deal in JJ but here be literally takes a bazooka to the face and he's just fine?

Pretty much all of the writers are black. The blackness of the show is awesome, frankly.

Nah man, Atlanta I can follow. This show was fucking black as hell.

Oh I didn't say it was a bad thing, I loved it, but I feel like I'm not black enough or old enough to be watching this. The fact that I see so many people complaining about the "weird music" makes me think the same for other people as well.

I'm liking it so far. It's basically The Wire with superpowers and if Cutty was the main character. Which is what I think they were going for.

Except for Tennat, I hated Jessica Jones. It was feminist, SJW, anti-white male shit. This is the exact opposite of that. It's basically the lone black conservative Republican going around and smacking down hood rats. The SJW's are pretty triggered that they seemed to imply that about him.

Of course I'm only a couple of episodes in, so that could change, judging by Marvel's track record.

black uncle tom who pressbench in prison..

a shitty superhero...i hope black panther gets a good black hero, this bald fag is lame

don't fall for this

I think it was interesting that they cast an older woman as Misty Knight. Danny will be eat up Luke's sloppy seconds while Misty rocks the cradle.

MILFy Knight is great

They should really rename this board Netflix & Film at this rate.

Well the standard television subscription model IS going to be pretty much obsolete and outdated in 10 years.

on the topic of comic book tv shows, what's the consensus on the Flash and Arrow?

From what I've seen of Flash, the lack of money really hurts the show. He has really flashy villains, no pun intended, and they just look bad with their budget

What makes you say that? People love tv, I don't see that changing in 10 years, especially not when its "replacement" is something like Netflix.

This thread was pretty good until the tripfag

Some of the special effects are really on the low budget end, yeah. Most fight sequences, specifically against other speedsters, are them just running next to each other with a close up slow motion sequence throw in a couple times. Other than that it's enjoyable. Joe, Wells, and Cisco steal the show imo

Is this good for capeshit, or actually good? I would need something way better than Daredevil or that gay shit in order to be interested.

Being that concerned with googles is something I'm willing to overlook if the show has decent writing.

>something way better than Daredevil
You will never like anything, please stop trying.

Atlanta is pretty much made to relate to blacks. Luke cage is nothing new

I like fucking your mother in the asshole, but that doesn't answer my question. Is this capeshit considerably better than Daredevil?

Capeshit can be good and you only encourage mediocrity if you actually enjoy watery diarrhea shit like Arrow and Smallville.

>ur mom!
>y-you like these shows!
Go fly a kite, kid.

The story doesn't come together until about halfway. Shit hits the fan 3/4 of the way. It's sooooo slow to begin with but very rewarding if you stick it out.

Who /rocketlauncher/ here?

You're actually a fucken pleb.

>tfw when people don't get it

I'm just a nigga with a rocket launcher.

what? are you saying the dialogue is like mike & dave need wedding dates?

I didn't get it

>I'll murderize everything in sight
Luke Cage confirmed for best dialogue of the century

It's not very leftist at all. The bad guys support a 'keep harlem black' movement that's so pro-black that it's not just anti-white, but anti-everything that's not black. The old asian couple giving Luke a home give him free room and board for saving them from these people who are essentially trying to strong arm any non-black out of the community. They want paid, but the obvious step is to squeeze them til they can't pay, then take their property.

Luke saves them from this, the point being that he cares about the people of Harlem, not just the Black people of Harlem.

It's essentially, "ALL LIVES MATTER" without outright saying all lives matter.

I really like the lady playing Misty personally. She's doing a good job, good facial expressions especially, and it doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous.

Purnsley be Dunn.

the worst thing about it is its completely predictable

I actually liked that line because it was so cheesy. Diamondback hamming it up and cottonmouth were the only saving graces for this show. That and Detective Titty monster.

It's fairly blacksploitation and other elements. Some of the seemingly off dialogue is outright lifted from old 70s era shit, or kung fu movies, or what have you. And I'm all for that. Love that shit.

They even have some of the music beats from Shaft and other old shows/movies when the villain does something villainous, on occasion. Just look at the rocket launcher scene.

The worst thing about the show is that it IS a bit predictable, but it's nothing that breaks the camel's back. Still a fun watch, but there is room to grow and improve.

Reminder that Tarantino was right - this needed to be set in the 70's,
but
>muh cibenatic universe
means we cant have nice things

its for black people

>Politicizing everything

I hate this board sometimes.

Are you stupid?

>but it seems like a cheap Wire ripoff

what the actual fuck

Mariah is literally the black Hillary Clinton.

The last fight was stupid as hell

>that fucking outfit

This was the only comic book thing in the entire series.

that's impossible because literally everything on this show is poorly done.

The thing is the music is weird. None of it is "mainstream" and none if it relevant to the black experience currently nor is something blacks would listen to (especially Jidenna)

Are you her agent or something?

He wasn't in it at all what the fuck are you talking about?

Biggest gripe for me is that the action is pretty awful. The final showdown was okay, as was the gladiator stuff in prison. But most everything else just looked... off.

The Crispus Attucks raid, which should have been the centerpiece action scene of the series, just didn't do it for me. It was a lot of Luke akwardly pushing guys down stairs. The censored Wu Tang during that scene didn't help either.

I get that Luke is not going to be pulling ninja shit a la Daredevil, it's not his style, but it was so bland. Every once and a while he'll throw someone up into the ceiling or though a wall, and that stuff was okay, but it stood out because they obviously couldn't afford to pull those stunts often enough to really sell it.

>You need to be black enough to watch this show.
This so much. I live in the whitest part of Australia, and can count the amount of black people I've spoken to here on my fingers, so watching this show is just so strange to me. That's not to say I'm not liking it, it's just very different than what I'm used to.

He sure was, are you sure you've watched the right series senpai?

Atlanta is a new school black show

Luke Cage is an old school black show

Luke Cage is constantly trying to remind characters of history. It's the difference between something like Shaft and Friday.

But all lives do matter, the reason people respond badly to that retort is it ignores the point of the original problem. BLM is actually trying to say "black lives should matter too" it's just not as catchy or good looking on a shirt.

This show isn't ignoring the black experience at all

It's actually good, but it's not THAT capeshit-y. It's a very human story, with slight additions of fantastical elements.

It's the problem when you have a character who is overpowered. He'll be better when he has stronger enemies.

The fights you liked were the ones where he could let loose a little more. Even then he wasn't trying to kill them.

teaching him to fight in prison was so pointless because he just shoulders enemies out of the way or picks them up

>harassing and intimidating people in libraries
>denouncing any black activist group who has picnics with police
>all the anti-white bullshit, black panther propaganda and so on
Yeah no. It's a movement about black supremacy. Literally all their demands are black supremacist demands that benefit black people only. They don't give two shits about other "people of color" and will offer zero help/effort to fight other battles relating to race yet will happily use other races as shields/weapons/statistics to fight for their cause.

I am zoning out more often than not. This show fucking sucks.

>It's basically the lone black conservative Republican going around and smacking down hood rats.
It basically isn't and this show is getting its dick sucked. Stopped creating strawmen.

>What is this Jean Paul Gaultier shit? You a pimp stormtrooper?

>it's basically the Wire
No. It really isn't.

This felt like modern blaxploitation to me. Like they seriously shot Black Dynamite in a current year setting.

Why didn't luke cage pop diamondback in the mouth?

Anyone got a cap of lieutenant titties topless?

Really? As a white dude I found the opposite. I liked most of the characters in Luke Cage, but I couldn't follow Atlanta at all because it was way too "urban" for me and I couldn't relate to any of the characters.

They're both CW shows, so they're pretty tame, though entertaining enough. Luke Cage is a Netflix exclusive and gets away with a lot more sex and violence.

it was an accident. I posted this thread from the shitty mobile app

he's incidentally wears the original costume after escaping Seagate, then sees himself in a window and calls it ridiculous.

Man, this show drags
So bored I'm browsing Cred Forums while watching

I didn't like cottenmouth at all but killing him somehow made the show worse

Someone hasn't finished it yet.

I'm 1/8 black. Am i black enough?

I hate when they do shit like that.

Worst offender was The Phantom mini-series where they had a fucking atrocious "modern" costume.

youtube.com/watch?v=6K-QIjfaiiU

She wanted it, right?

She wanted the attention, like all girls
She didn't want to be raped/ molested

Misty is such a shit cop

They're both cheap CW trash crippled by the network's shitty formula, which hasn't evolved since they picked up Smallville.

Almost unwatchable.

Shitty writing with terrible stock characters and soap opera tier stories/subplots, bad acting by all of the young pretty nobodies they cast in almost ever role, bad special effects, bad costumes, bad set design, bad cinematography, bad fight choreography, bad music...

Everything is awful.

Say what you will about the production values/writing/acting in Netflix's Marvel productions, but at least they vaguely resemble a modern, solid television show. It's on a whole different level than the daytime network TV schlock that barely would have been acceptable a decade ago, which is something you could say to describe any show associated with the CW.

why is the night nurse a gigantic whore

How do you not like Cottonmouth? Mahershala Ali gives one of the better actors on the show imo, he really got into character and there a lot of good layers to his performance.

does anyone have the meme with Luke cage and "bulletproof black man" text ln it pls?

Pop's "Swear.....jar" line as he was dying was pretty funny.

PULL THE TRIGGER NIGGA

I'm pretty sure that was the fucking point. I haven't watched it yet it read the comics, but pic related the comic was al about blacksploitation. At first I was really put off by the style, but actually it's current year blacksploitation. I figure it's the Barber Shop Tyler Perry version of a comic book hero and I think that's a really interesting take on the character.

The fight scene with Bring da Ruckus was fucking amazing

anyone know who the rapper was/what was the song at the beginning of episode 5? that shit was fire

imdb is your friend (post it if you find out)

you do know that BLM isn't a centralized movement right? People use it to fulfill their own agendas just like every other movement in history.

youtube.com/watch?v=H_AQFnqMY3E&feature=youtu.be

Holy shit what a great fucking line.

man this is some good shit thanks

No Iron Fist, but Claire decides to start taking self-defense classes from Colleen Wing.

same, on all accounts. I loved the hell out of this show still. Mostly because of how foreign it is to me.

Nah sorry mate but not every show is a partisan political commercial

You really need to watch shows better

Shotgun was pressed against his skin and caused massive brain sloshing.

The other was in the open next to him in a room with a ton of windows so the blast wasnt confined to moving his brains around really fast.

Nigguh i am yo bruthuh

Given cages powers... they shouldve set it in the 70s then have him show back up in modern times in defenders

Harlem's Paradise had some great musical acts. Cottonmouth is a shitty gangster but a pretty good club owner

With the heavy blaxploitation feel... Why the fuck wasnt Pam Grier in it?

She couldve been the councilwoman or at least Mama Mabel. God damn...

The music selection in this show is fucking god tier.

The show overuses the blaxplotation dialogue. Some people should use it, some people shouldnt, and some people should use iton occassion. But every character except Night Nurse speaks like a cheesy 70s action movie. Its not the biggest issue but its grating.

Best moments are Cage and Pop/Squabbles just arguing about what movies/music/art is better. Most realistic fun dialogue.

The Action is weak cos hes so fucking invulnerable. Some great moments but not much.

Can confirm that this is literally the blackest show ive ever seen. Its mostly a strength.

>Show drops some truth bombs like "there are no black fathers anymore" and "it's good for a black man to have a real job"
>Still supports the lies of disproportionate police brutality against blacks (you're actually more likely to get shot by the police if you're white, not black) and muh Trayvon is mentioned (even though he was killed by someone defending their life, and he wasn't even killed by a fucking cop)

More whites are shot.
Youre not more likely to get shot if youre white.
Lern2Statistics

The shotgun was literally against his head

The explosion DID knock him out though

I'd also say his powers are developing over time too

>it's a misty stares at photos episode

>its a cottonmouth laughs at his own joke episode

>its a cottonmouth laughs at someone defying him, threatening him, losing to him or defeating him episode
nigga laughs at every damn thing.

Yes user, more whites are shot by police.

Even though the majority of murders are committed by blacks.

Really makes you think

Does Misty have powers to know what happened in pictures, or is she just a good detective?

archive.fo/a2wlR

If a black guy and a white guy are getting arrested, the white guy is more likely to be shot

Look i dont give a shit about your politics. You said something wrong. Your likelihood of getting shot by cops is lower if youre white. Its just math.

>tfw white and had no idea who any of the black historical or musical figures they name-dropped were

yeah, the show is better the more it embraces the comics

I aint clicking that suspicious ass link.

>Your likelihood of getting shot by cops is lower if youre white. Its just math.
You're wrong though. Whites are MORE likely to get shot by cops than blacks. It's just that blacks chimp out at a much higher rate and cops feel no racial qualms about murdering white people. An unarmed deaf white man was shot a few weeks ago and there were no protests and the media didn't make a big deal out of it.

>Your likelihood of getting shot by cops is lower if youre white. Its just math.

Because whites are less likely to commit crime in the first place.

When they do commit crime, however, their odds of being shot by a cop is higher.

White criminals are shot by police at higher percentages than black criminals

>archive.fo
>suspicious ass link
How fucking new are you?

washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/?page=all

30% of police shooting victims are black.
12% of people are black
49% of police shooting victims are white
63% of people are white
Math.

Like i said.
Dont care about your politics.
The original statement was wrong.
Sure you start accounting for this that and the other, maybe things change. Dont care. Original statement was wrong.

i'm not black and i still enjoyed it (more than jessica jones and the second season of daredevil).

the music was phenomenal.
it's interesting to see how they used it to emphasize cottonmouth's passion for it.
especially the contrast in quality to the music, that is played in the nightclub throughout the series.

PULL THE TRIGGA NIGGA

>Blacks commit 50% of crime in US
>Blacks responsible for 52% of murders in US
>Blacks responsible for 40% of cops killed

AYO why you shoot us white boi!

Now compare the percentages of crimes committed/arrests, you dumb faggot. Blacks commit MUCH more street crime than whites hence they have more run ins with the police. But if blacks and whites committed the same amount of crime or chimped out the same amount WHITES would have the highest number of being shot by the police because the cops give zero fucks about killing white people. There is no pressure on them to stop shooting unarmed white people.

Pol should be deleted

So say that in the first place and you wont look like an idiot rather than "Youre more likely to be shot if youre white" which is objectively wrong.

Semantics.

>Benjamin Franklin was stupid, he electrocuted himself with a kite xD"
Niggers are supposed to say dumb things like that.
That's why they're niggers.

except the one white guy in the show said it

nu-blacks don't know either

He's a stupid wop.

I think puts it best. Luke Cage is so filled with nods to old Blaxploitation flicks and that time, and I'm not really familiar with that time or genre, just enough to recognize it. For instance the cheesy music when Cottonmouth fires the rocket launcher was a straight nod to that. Meanwhile Atlanta is more modern, so I guess I'm more familiar with that.

Not even close. This show is very black. Not a bad thing though.

>I'm liking it so far. It's basically The Wire with superpowers and if Cutty was the main character. Which is what I think they were going for.
That what it wants to be.

In reality its boring and preachy as fuck and using former Wire actors is a cheap way to say, "hey look this show is important". It's not going after reasons why harlem is a shithole. It's not look at the root of any socio-economic problem. It's literally a dude becoming a neighborhood legend for punching criminals and telling people to stop saying nigga to each other.

Not to mention tonally, its all over the goddamn place.

I'm midway through the season and this was without question the best part of the show

Final fight was stupid and brought the show down.

>I want to kill Luke Cage
>Instead of shooting him with MY special bullets i'll fistfight him in the middle of the street

Everything Black Mariah and Shades planned he undid.

I hate how no one helped Luke or stopped the fight.

He was out of the bullets. Also who the fuck is going to step inbetween two super powered humans?

It looks like that empire show I never watched it but it looks like it
>Plebs not knowing about Wu-Tang

Squeezed them titties

>It's not very leftist at all.
Why would it be? It's written by blacks, not but SJW cucks.

Most blacks are not leftists nor do they espouse leftist ideals, they just vote Democrat because it benefits them. Same with Hispanics and Muslims, especially in Europe.

>mfw the final episode basically cucks Daredevil

The entire finale felt weak as fuck, fight was bad and there was to real feeling of a triumphant victory when he beat him, I literally said "is that it?" when he uppercutted him about 15 feet and that was the end of it.

At least with Daredevil vs Fisk and Jessica rusing Killgrave it felt like some sort of pay off, Luke vs Diamondback felt hollow and not really worth the time.

I like Luke Cage, but his series kinda felt like it dragged on but not a lot of consequence or weight happened.

>Because whites are less likely to commit crime in the first place.

Cred Forums delusions belong in Cred Forums, not outside of it.

>Politicizing
Everything is political, bro. Everything. Some people un-politize stuff, that's the unusual thing.

is there any good raps or was it just trailer gimmick?

they're both garbage

he shows up in the episodes near the end

Specifically I was referring to the numerous blaxploitation inspired riffs throughout the series, especially when Cottonmouth rocketed Ghengis Connies.