The Number Of Titles in The Nextflix Library is Down 50% The Past Four Years

>There’s no denying that the total number of titles available on Netflix is declining, but after some research, we were surprised by just how much it has decreased over the past few years.

>We pulled September 2016 title counts from uNoGS in the US, showing that there are currently 5,302 titles available in the US Netflix library including movies and TV shows. What this means is that, over the past four years, the Netflix library has collapsed 50% in total title count since its peak four years ago.

>While the exact number of titles available on Netflix in 2012 is unknown, sources who used to work for the streaming giant have told us it was close to 11,000 movies and TV shows. Over the years, this gradual decline has come from major content owners pulling the plug on giving Netflix distribution rights, as well as Netflix decreasing their total spend on third party content.
avclub.com/article/netflixs-streaming-library-has-supposedly-been-cut-243464

It's over streaming is finished.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjKviQf1yDw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

visual media is for faggots

>Infighting between the studios and Jewflix

Where will we go next in this war of attrition?

Even scrimshaw?

Back to torrenting then. I'm not going to buy dvd's and blueray's, it's inconvenient.

I wish they brought back blockbusters and video stores in general. It gave me a reason to get out of my basement

>invented by white males

Nobody likes you and you will die as a virgin, retard.

Angry much?

Amazon Prime pham

>Netflix is melting
>even worse selection in my country
>Amazon streaming still not available in Canada
>the two tv companies are still jewing the fuck out of everything
>one of them is now shutting down their Netflix competitor due to them being unable to get Netflix banned for being foreign content
>even sports streaming is gay as fuck, a lot of the local NHL teams games would be blacked out and on $100+/month cable packages only

what is the ETA on these content providers getting their shit together and actually selling me the things I want to buy for a reasonable price?

Virgin much?

Is it better? How so? I'm going to do do the free prime thing once The Grand Tour is released.

It's goddamn depressing. Netflix was actually solving the pirate dilemma, even in third world countries. Yeah, it might not be a lot of money you're receiving for your movies but at least you're getting some. But the jew always wants more, always.

For me Netflix died when they implemented their anti-VPN policy.
Their shitty library is just one more reason to not buy a subscription ever again.

this is because other companies started their own online streaming services
hbo.go, amazon prime, hulu e.t.c. also take away from that

It's because the skypes that own the rights to the shows and movies are all demanding higher prices for licensing and/or trying to cut Netflix out and run their own streaming services.
It's why Netflix is investing so heavily in producing original content in recent years.

Well, he's not going to get shit when I pirate again.

And their shows are all hits.

Guess its back to 0 dollars for them like they want apparently?

Not even the guy youre replying to, but youre coming across as a very angry, very bitter, very lonely loser.

Samefag much?

The reason is they've been busy creating cinematic works of art like Orange is the New Black, Bojack Horseman and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2

I wish I could work at my local video store, there's only two left in the city and you pretty much need to know someone who already works there to get hired

Nope. And I'm sure a bitter loser like you has been watching the poster count and already knows that.
Did you dad just hit you right before you saw this thread or smth?

>He doesn't know how to check ID's

Go to bed newfag, you got middle school in the morning while I fuck you're mommy at home

Go on auto and watch the number of posters faggot.

Sorry, meant for him

i dropped my subscription after 2 months. 10 dollars a month is like 5 dollars too much for their horrible fucking catalog. good luck finding more than two movies a month worth watching. what a joke

Reddit much?

good. most of the 50% of content they got rid of/lost was probably absolute garbage that you can buy for .05c at walmart in the bargain dvd bin

>this chain of comments started from a reddit-tier response

They actually have lots of movies unlike Netflix who is trying to phase out everything except for kiddie shit, Disney movies and their original content

check my duble dubs guys!

>For me Netflix died when they implemented their anti-VPN policy.
Why did they do that anyway? Who was complaining to them about it?

To be fair Narcos is really nice

Quality over quantity

>8 years ago
>Netflix: Hey studios, can we license your libraries?
>Studios: Sure whatever. We'll give you a discount. Now go away
>Fast forward 8 years
>Studios: Holy shit. Netflix is killing us and we let them license our library for pennies. Fuck them in the ass! We're charging them triple next time they want a new contract!
>Netflix: Well uh, no one wants old reruns of The Nanny anymore so we're gonna focus on original content.

Pretty much this.

For the price I was actually content to have a Netflix subscription and not bother torrenting most movies.

The content creators trying to get more money and create their own platforms is the end of that. Did they forget we don't actually have to pay?

There's still Red Box

They didn't even mention how they hiked up the price since then

youtube.com/watch?v=vjKviQf1yDw

I can still get a laugh from this show from time to time

Because Amazon has the big bucks and even normies are learning to use pirate streaming sites

>18,000 streaming services all adding up to the price of cable

Back to pirating, why does everything always get ruined

They should do an optional per-use system, like 25 cents for 24 hours. I cancelled mine too because I rarely used it and just felt ripped off

Amazon Prime is my shit.

Better than Netflix
Free 2 day shipping on everything I buy
Free Twitch P Prime
Prime music streamimg

Based AF

They are taking their content to other streaming services like Hulu. This is gonna end up like Cable, but instead of channels you'll end up with a bunch of streaming sites that you pay for individually. Which I guess is ok since people having been asking that for Cable for a long time.

I wonder how long until there is a super streaming service that bundles all the other ones...

Why doesn't Netflix stream their whole library? Why do I have to do snail mail dvd bullshit in 2016 just to access 80% of their stuff?

Netflix,Amazon,Hulu,Slingtv,Crunchyroll,HBOgo,Twitch, and Spotify should just have a package deal for $50 a month

Renting DVDs is cheaper than the rights to stream the same content for a limited period of time. Again, hence the terrific influx of original programming

>It's over streaming is finished.

It was never good anyway.

I'll continue to pirate everything and buy stuff on BD if I liked it.

I'm cool with Netflix + Amazon + being a piece of shit pirate

I pay for Prime strictly for the 2 day shipping and have never actually bothered to look at their other stuff.

Just use somebodies user/pass for streaming. I've literally never paid for Netflix or Hulu because I leech other people's shit.

Pirating is free and you get to keep the stuff you like so that's cool, but the downside is you can't watch shit instantly. You're constantly searching for the best uploads on shit and waiting for the d/l which is kind of an inconvenience.

>only on HBO
>only on Netflix
>etc etc

God forbid we had ONE SERVICE that offered everything, no wonder people much rather pirate than pay three different subscriptions per month just because the jews can't unite under a single banner.

Orange is the New Black is successful.

It made Netflix a lot of money and brought in a lot of audience - and that audience, some of whom bought Netflix to watch it, then watch other shows on Netflix.

In business sense, it's a good show. Producing it was a good idea for Netflix.

'sides, they've had a number of decent shows, both decent as in artistically and as in business. They've also proven themselves willing to pay for high production value niche titles that represent some risk, and I honestly don't care if they get the money for those from mindless popular shit like OitNB.

I know Netflix is a victim of their own success, but literally no one signed up for Netflix hoping they would some day turn into their own content creator. We all signed up for Netflix to watch new movies that weren't appealing enough to see in the theater, to watch old favorites, and to watch TV shows we never saw or stuff we want to revisit.

Obviously stuff like House of Cards and Orange is the New Black has been popular, but, in a vacuum, how many people would be willing to straight up pay $10 a month just for Netflix's content? Because that seems to be the way it's going.

How many of the series and movies Netflix lost were utter shit, though?

I'm not saying 100% of the stuff they have needs to be to my taste, but I remember what it was like a few years ago and some curating isn't the worst thing in the world. It wasn't meant to be a library of every movie and show ever.

>that whole scene

I fucking loved season two and I honestly think it's some of the best tv I've seen in awhile.

I'm worried about season 3 but I guess only time will tell

Of fucking course, the ONE time us costumers actually WANT a monopoly, the industry is splitting up.

Get an iptv box (like mag250, mag254, avov, etc) and then find an iptv service provider off kijiji for $15/month. BOOM. Goodbye cable bills

Normie here:
I use Hulu and Kodi/Exodus. Hulu has most of the Criterion Collection and a ton of shows. It's more expensive though, which kind of sucks. You either pay $8/mo for content with ads (excluding movies) or give the Jew $12/mo to get rid of three Tina Fey ads every commercial break.

WOW only 5302 titles to watch

what will I ever do

seriously though only quality matters. A few new netflix originals is worth 1000 shitty made for TV tier shit

I couldn't stand the ads. Everytime I watched something I would be interrupted by that guy Jesse from Breaking Bad and his new movie. I couldn't stand it so I stopped using Hulu. I didn't pay for it though I was on my mom's account.

Honestly, had Stranger Memes come on regular cable, it would have been considered just another canceled show.

Which service is best if I like watching a lot of nice documentaries? I've got netflix but I've basically watched all the ones of interest to me already.

Consider the fact that the 5k+ worth of content they currently have is 70% garbage.

R/documentaries has lots of links

It's fun to watch garbage too

Extra $4 are totally worth it. Ads cause brain cancer.

Fuck Hulu. I'm not paying EXTRA to remove ads.
I'll just pirate.
Whenever I used to see those ads with people in the industry saying they're the ones getting hurt by pirating and not the actors I always thought, "How am I worse than the actors and execs getting grossly over paid? If anyone can afford to give up money to the little guy it's them."

>implying Netflix isn't just stepping up their original content and it's all redpilled real nigga shit so it's better than TV anyways

90% of everything is crap.

90% of TV is crap.

If Netflix's library is ONLY 70% crap, they're ahead of the curve.

>God forbid we had ONE SERVICE that offered everything, no wonder people much rather pirate than pay three different subscriptions per month just because the jews can't unite under a single banner.

Yes, give one company a monopoly. That's exactly the opposite of what the Jews want.

What? You don't like D level horror movies and shitty television shows?

For real though they need to chill with the original programming and get back to acquiring a more robust library. Most people who subscribe do it for the movie variety, not the capeshit series and feminist prison garbage.

>redpilled real nigga shit
>Orange is the New Black

This.

When Netflix launched they could afford to buy licenses in bulk because there wasn't much of a market for them. Competition from Hulu, Amazon Prime etc has stiffened sense then and distributors have gone from basically seeing the streaming rights as a mere bonus to seeing it as a lucrative part of the property, and charge more for them. Ergo, Netflix can't keep up the volume strategy and given that fact, I'd rather they be more selective and invest in high production value shows as an alternative to the cheap, episodic shit and reality garbage that dominates broadcast TV today.

In my opinion they should be competing with the likes of HBO and Showtime moreso than Hulu or cable.

>OITNB and Stranger Memes
>red pilled

pick one faggot

>ITT people complaining that one company doesn't have a total monopoly on streaming.

Yes, fuck competition. Businesses only get BETTER when they can charge whatever they want and have no reason to lower prices or increase the quality of their service.
That's what truly benefits the customer.

>Show about feeling bad for women in prison
>Three different capeshit series

Yeah man.

>tfw Trailer Park Boys has become utter garbage as a Netflix title

>redpilled real nigga shit

Yes, when I think "redpilled" I think shows like Jessica Jones, where the tiny spunky woman who don't need no man goes and beats up all the bad men three times her size, including le evil rapist man, then goes home to get fucked in the ass by a nigra.

>In my opinion they should be competing with the likes of HBO and Showtime moreso than Hulu or cable.

They already compete with HBO, no one buys hulu. Hell netflix is better than HBO now, what show does hbo have now apart from GoT?

The only three TV channels worth having are HBO, FX, and Netflix.

Content providers learned from iTunes and Amazon and are now spreading their content across multiple providers. No chance in hell I'm buying more than one subscription, I rather pirate.

>goes and beats up all the bad men three times her size
Yeah having super strength will let you do shit like that.

We can't let this pass.

I can agree with this.

Cinemax for The Knick

Knick's over, dude.

>the only shows anyone mentions are Orange is the New Black and Jessica Jones

Maybe stop watching bad shows and then bitching about how bad they are.

The service comes with Narcos, House of Cards, Bloodline, The Killing, Longmire, Marseille, and has upcoming shit like Captive, Paranoid, some Douglas Adams adaptation, Altered Carbon, Lost in Space, and like a couple dozen movies; at least some of those won't suck as Netflix has a better track record than most premium cable services.

And all you can talk about is Orange is the New Black and capeshit? Maybe expand your horizons once in a fucking while before bitching that everything is shit.

>dumping ANOES on fucking October
these fucking retards

Agreed though I would swap hbo for showtime.

What does Showtime even have nowadays?

>trading sopranos, oz, wire,BWE, Veep, and GoT for Weeds and Dexter

Ray Donovan
Billions
Homeland
Shameless

What does hbo have apart from GoT?

And yes I watch all those shows.

We talking about shows on right now. HBO only has GoT

Silicon Valley

Westworld

I didn't know Homeland was on Showtime, I only watched it from piracy.

Is Ray Donovan and Shameless worth seeing? The former sounds like I should just rewatch The Sopranos and the latter doesn't look that interesting.

Billions just looks like yet another "rich people are evil" which you hear on TV every twenty seconds.

When I wanna watch something in a specific genre I feel like there's a few things to watch in each genre that are really good and then the rest is average. That's why I turn to torrenting. I don't wanna watch something that's average, I wanna watch something that will move me.

Stop watching Shameless after season 4.

Various production and broadcasting companies, the reason most content is only available in certain countries is that a channel available in the ones without it has paid lots of money for exclusive broadcasting rights to the show, and they were blaming declining ratings (and therefore advertising fees) on people getting it from international Netflix.

How much of that shit is garbage though?

I mean, they have Twin Peaks and Malcom now. I really don't care.