Is the lightsaber flying to Rey's hand the most emotional scene in the entire saga...

Is the lightsaber flying to Rey's hand the most emotional scene in the entire saga? You know that Rey is the main character through the whole movie, but the moment the light saber goes flying towards her, you have this feeling that hits you. I don't know how to describe it... But as a woman, this scene makes me proud, bold, and confident. And to have a female character be the main character and save the day in the Star Wars series, makes me love the series even more... I have been even inspired to create my own bold female characters in my art work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA
youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
youtube.com/watch?v=cuJhRe7x0fc
youtube.com/watch?v=UtkuZbcZORE
youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY
youtube.com/watch?v=TvKbOF78s_E
youtube.com/watch?v=y8--ho6gKe4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know this is a troll post, but that is the scene I felt most emotional about walking out of the theater.

It felt so exciting and such a relief that the lightsaber didn't fly into Luke's hands or some bullshit.

Nigga...

How come the lightsaber didnt move until Rey dtarted pulling it with the force?

Kylo reaches out for the lightsaber to force pull it. It doesnt move at all. He struggles harder to pull it. Still nothing. Then comes in Rey who is standing BEHIND Kylo and using force pull in the same direction Kylo is and the lighstsaber suddenly moves.

Did kylo forget how to use the force? Why would Reys force negate Kylos from working? Are lightsabers sentient and capable of choosing a master? Why was this movie so awful?

I love that people like you hate this movie for seemingly mundane reasons like this.

I'm so glad I'm not you and can have fun with my autism ruining it.

It felt more authentic than anything in the prequels, the way the music cued up was amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA
it happens 10 seconds in

just turn your brain off

God, that was so fun to rewatch.

Heh, call it whatever you want. I just call it not being a complete killjoy.

>COLD WARRRRRRRRRR
>MASTEERRRRRRRRRRR
Nothing will ever top Duel of Fates.

>Did kylo forget how to use the force?

Kylo was conflicted, and in serious pain. He just killed his father, but he's not sure he did the right thing. The force requires focus and discipline, two things he doesn't have yet since he's untrained and has never encountered another force-sensitive being. Fighting Rey he was unable to find the focus he needed and tried instead to channel his grief and pain, hence why he kept hitting his wound

This is brilliant, because it makes me think that maybe the force-ghost of Luke (bear with me here) made the lightsaber fly to Rey.

Alternatively, maybe Rey is just so much more incredibly powerful, since she is Luke Skywalker's daughter.

Finally, maybe its just a fucking movie you twat, and you fail to remember the incredible amount of problems in the originals.

>the force-ghost of Luke
Obi-Wan, senpai.

Yessssss

Your point of view is understandable if you didn't really know or care about star wars before this came out, but ridiculing someone for wanting this movie to adhere to the rules established in the previous 6 is just stupid.

The endgame for the trilogy is that Rey sacrifices herself much like Obi-Wan did, but she'll literally merge with the Force and use it to travel back in time to prevent whatever caused Kylo to turn to the Dark Side.

Mark my works, we are gonna get a Madoka/Lain ending to this crap heap.

>two things he doesn't have yet since he's untrained and has never encountered another force-sensitive being
He at least trained with Luke and met all the padawans he killed and snoke too.
Why don't you just kill yourself?

I was a Star Wars fan before this film. Admittedly, maybe not as much as you.

Considering how safe Disney is playing everything, do you really think they are going to introduce time travel? I don't believe you think what you are saying is true.

i wonder why none of those conditions applied to rey?

QGJ&Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul>Luke vs Vader on Bespin>Kylo Ren vs Rey>Obi-Wan & Anakin vs Dooku>Luke vs Vader vs Palpatine>Anakin vs Obi-Wan>Dooku vs Yoda>Obi-Wan vs Vader

It's totally predictable and completely satisfying. One of the purest Star Wars moments in the film by far.

kill yourself

literally fuck this board

>n-no dont talk about movies on a teevee and movie b-board!!!
>p-post more cuck shit p-p-please!
How fucking mad are you?

>you fail to remember the incredible amount of problems in the originals.
such as?

Ruined by the lightsabers being the same color.

You want a red saber on a lava planet? Would be hard to see you fuckwit

Not him, but I was watching A New Hope the other day and I realized that despite getting his lightsaber, Luke doesn't even use it in Episode 4. Not necessarily a mistake, but it just feels super weird.

Now someone please tell me why I'm wrong and introducing a plot element and never paying it off in a standalone movie is somehow brilliant.

No one said anything about it being brilliant. It was symbolic and a nod to King Arthur.

>entire saga

Redditlettermedia needs to go back.

fuck off

It introduces that lightsabers are weapons of jedi.

This pays off when Obi-Wan and Vader have a lasersword fight later on.

You can't even try to defend this garbage you little faggot

He does use it.

In the training session with Ben he blocks a bunch of blaster bolts while blinded.

Han calls it luck because he can't imagine anyone capable of doing that through talent alone, but we the audience know that Luke does in fact have superhuman talents which come to fruition at the end of the film.

This could just be it. Lightsabers in general just had less focus in that movie than any other, so I am probably just focusing too much on it.

It sounds like you're a total dumb fuck.

That statement seems mean. Why do you think that?

Your last 3 posts would be a strong indicator you're a borderline retarded 90's born faggot with no depth or understanding about anything.

Oh, so you're just wrong and mean-spirited.

Unfortunate, but it happens.

Which part was I wrong about?

>Luke gets a lightsaber and doesn't miraculously know how to use it by the end of the film; small hints lead up to the reveal that he is in fact, force sensitive
>Luke starts learning to use the force and the lightsaber in V, but still gets his shit wrecked by Vader
>Luke becomes proficient in fighting by VI, and even is goaded into beating Vader

This is called character development.

>Rey instantly knows how to do everything she attempts, often better than anyone else

This is mary sue level pandering.

You're a fucking coward. Come back and defend your position.

>Come back to thread and see you are this mad.
Heh. You seem like an unstable person. Not even sure what you want me to defend, but I'm not going to do it.

Later.

You couldn't even point out what I supposedly got wrong.

Name of movie?

nigs in space

The only post I could possibly know you made is the one where you call me a faggot born in the 90s. That's the one I think you are wrong about. It's also the one I replied to, so it is fairly clear.

We're an anonymous message board. It's not hard to understand for most people.

kill yourself reddit

Now you're claiming to have been born prior to the 90's and still have that level of ignorance?

The better joke would have been to say I was born in the 2000s.

I'm not joking.

You've displayed your ignorance and you talk like a child. What other conclusion should I draw?

>since she is Luke Skywalker's daughter.
I really hope she isn't. I guess I would rather have that than her being a Chosen One 2.0 or Anakin's reincarnation, but we don't need another Skywalker.

>she's Luke and Leia's daughter

Would make the most sense desu

You should kill yourself. Either of those options is disgusting at this point.

Reread my post. I said I would rather have her be Luke's daughter than those offered theories.

Which is a horrible idea. Luke would never abandon his kid like that.

Fuck the movie, the music is amazing.

Star Wars would be nothing without John Williams.

The score makes me more emotional than any part of the movie.

it was the worst most underwhelming score he's ever written.

They're all horrible ideas.

It's why I want her to be a new character without any ties to previous ones. The Chosen One story was awful the first time.

Hey is also you?

It's literally just star wars again.

That puts it above 90% of hollywood scores.

the reason she knows everything is because shes a reincarnation of anakin

In what way? >inb4 nostalgia, because the entire movie is designed to evoke that. It's a fantastic score.

Han getting CRYO'd was probably the most emotional scene in the saga.

You don't know what you're talking about, even the opening was weak as fuck.

Do you? I suspect you actually don't know anything about musical theory. Please, tell me exactly what was wrong.

I bet your favorite score has licensed music.

I know enough the star wars theme never sounded weaker than during the opening to tfa and that there were no memorable parts on the level of any of the other movies.

Man, you're really showing off all that knowledge.

Slow down user, you're getting WAY ahead of me.

You idiot.

stop fucking around, this thread is about how inspirational and awesome Rey is. Plus Daisy Ridley is a goddess #Goals

youtube.com/watch?v=cuJhRe7x0fc
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMw6ufg-g9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UtkuZbcZORE
youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY

Nothing in tfa matches the level of this stuff.

You don't need to know anything about musical theory to identify what sort of music you do and don't like

The movie was garbage and she can't act.

...Rey is the biggest Mary Sue to ever exist in cinema.

To me, Finn should have been the real Jedi. I liked his emotional opening scene when Poe asks him "Why are you helping me" and he replies with "Because it's the right thing to do".

A shame that Finn kinda dropped out half way through the movie, JJ showed him killing storm troopers which made no sense if he himself grew up as a storm trooper and now understands the brainwashing that they go through.

We could have got a great scene where Finn encounters a trooper who is about to kill him and he says "wait stop! you must understand the truth and lies!" or some shit but instead JJ has to go with making it as "action packed" as possible.

Force Awakens could have truly been something special if someone else had directed it. Say a European director who spends his time more with characterizations than action scenes.

Also, the deleted scene: Finn and the Villager should not have been cut out of the film because that better helps show why Finn chooses the light side, not only watching a close friend of him die but also having the choice to shoot an innocent villager but instead he lowers his gun and lets her go free, thus it makes more sense when Ren says later on "Kill them all" that Finn decides not to.

youtube.com/watch?v=TvKbOF78s_E

SERIOUSLY it makes me so mad with how much better this film could have been than what we got.

Rey's theme and the Jedi Steps were gold though. If only we got more of that kind of emotional depth of music throughout TFA instead of the music seeming to disappear in the background during the action scenes.

>encounters a person who you consider an enemy because you know nothing about them
>immediately start smiling when he starts talking and not taking him seriously
I thought this was a blooper reel when I watched this scene in the cinema.

JJ should have yelled "CUT" and got Daisy to redo the scene telling her to "not smile" because it doesn't make sense then later when Finn grabs her hand and she immediately gets pissed and says "let go of me!"

The opening of TFA was fucking brilliant!

>Kylo Ren's voice
>All of Finn's scenes
>The way it is directed
Just cut out the "Who talks first" quip by Poe

btw I actually prefer Kylo's voice more than Vader's. It just sounds more menacing to me... a shame that Kylo revealed his face too early.

Imagine if Kylo did not take off his helmet until he came face to face with Han? Making it way more personal

You can see how hard she's trying not too laugh, she's pathetic.

I was talking about the opening theme retard

HOW did JJ not stop her and better direct her?

I hear that JJ called her acting "wooden" on day 1 of filming yet didn't seem to improve her...

okay my bad but still the opening scene of TFA is brilliant

Everyone was on set was saying she was and she's a coked out bitch slut irl too.

It looked okay but didn't really make any sense.

The music from the teaser was better than anything in the moive

>mfw we never got Mew as Rey
She would have been so much better acting wise

You are so right. The music for TFA trailer was fucking epic.

I was so angry that that didn't make its way into the film
youtube.com/watch?v=y8--ho6gKe4

>stop pointing out glaring problems in the shitty movie I like.

Kill yourself. You're why movies like this keep getting made.

>He's conflicted because he decided to kill his dad to complete his transition to the dark side

Please fuck off with this ass backwards theory. He literally kills his dad so he won't have any light in him. He doesn't give a fuck. Even if this is written into the movie later, it's fucking dumb.

>Stop pointing out flaws

Yes, give them more money. Don't criticize either. That would mean they'd need to improve, and who wants that?

Saoirse Ronan would have been good but she couldn't keep her mouth shut.

The deleted "Finn and Villager" scene so needed to be in the film

Even stuff like giving the plans to bb8 was a retarded attempt at poetry.

I cannot believe they deleted this but left in shit like the Rathtars