Welp, I need a new reviewer since mike has become a normie sellout

Welp, I need a new reviewer since mike has become a normie sellout.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
youtube.com/watch?v=j-J1k6tE7_I
youtube.com/watch?v=utZ19KFFqVo
youtube.com/watch?v=1iMyXJbqWrA
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/trump-can-save-israel.png/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Oeaixkj0ec
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes&t=165s
youtu.be/kdGfGjusufo?t=40m23s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I need a new reviewer

You could always try thinking for yourself.

Well for me it's because I don't actually want to watch new movies but I can pretend to do so and discuss them around normies if need be

Imagine getting so triggered by your favorite friend simulator liking something you don't that you have to post a Wanted ad for a new friend simulator that will always agree with you

Why would I want to watch trash like force awakens?

Newsflash: you yourself are a normie sellout

The movie isn't that bad. Deal with it.

>spent 70% of the review shitting on prequel fans

reeeeeeeeeeee leave me alone

>become a normie
normies have always hated the prequels and yeah they like TFA

Mike was scared ok. He's at the height of his popularity with the reddit memer crowd, the kind who write "hack fraud" and "what's wrong with your face" jokes on every one of their videos. He needs to play it safe for those patreon bucks. How do you play it safe? By pretending you love diversity. Pretending you love it so much you're actually upset there wasn't interracial kissing in fucking Star Wars. It's sad but that's what he's come to.

When normies appropriate the word normie
And use it to insult their own normie youtube channel bullshit

So who are calling a normie exactly?

Terrible review, I feel like Mike has sold out. Some of the other comments are disgusting, too. The review doesn't even address the mary sue girl power nonsense that is simply cringeworthy, and praises the fact that the few white males in the whole fucking movie are the villains. Instead he praises the "diversity". If you made an African film without any male africans in it except some racially charged villains you would probably be murdered. Last I checked those are the main audience of people who have ANY interest in seeing a scifi or action movie though. Getting this least common denominator bullshit shoved down our throats has completely destroyed any movies that ever had any balls in hollywood already, now scifi gets the same treatment. White guys are simply not allowed to have films that they actually enjoy any more. People are so stupid they think this is 'social justice' when in reality it is coldly calculated to victimize the fans who they figure will already go see whatever shitburger they toss out, partly out of their racist butthurt towards nonjewish whites and partly in hopes they can lure in the least common denominator bucks. Well disney and Jar Jar Abrams can fuck themselves with a cactus. I complain not because I don't want to see a black man onscreen (loved lando calrissian) but because the politics are disgusting and racist and because this kind of callous manipulation cannot help but lead to a shit movie.

>mike has become a normie sellout

You only just caught on now?

He's basically repeating what he's been posting around the time TFA was out. Adequate soft reboot. Copying of the plot from ANH. Fanservice. Muychandising. Basically, low-risk, high profitability Hollywood product.

Because it'll wash the sour taste of the prequels out of your mouth

was he not like that before?

This. Most of the review was an analysis of the retards that started popping up praising the prequels and "ring" theory. There's really not much to say about TFA, because it's not as offensively bad as the prequels were.

Why would you want to watch the prequels in the first place?

>praises the fact that the few white males in the whole fucking movie are the villains.

Except that didn't happen. Rest of your reddit tier post was discarded after that point

Holy fuck, get help.

You mean actually watching all the trash flicks that come out instead of having someone screen them for you? Are you insane?

>le TFA wasn't as bad meme

Mike even admitted that it had most of the same problems the prequels did and then completely sidesteps any criticism.

I thought the parts making fun of inane clickbait lists was really funny tho.

>I'm butthurt about a bunch of stuff I'm intentionally misunderstanding
lol faggot

>Mike even admitted that it had most of the same problems the prequels did
No, he said it's main problem was it played it too safe and recycled the same story from A New Hope. It doesn't have problems anywhere near as bad as the prequels.

Because you were tricked into watching them due to your enjoyment of the first three, the actual first three

That's why he shouldn't have even wasted his time with TFA, and just done the Matrix reviews that everyone's been asking for. We haven't had a fun "Plinkett rips a movie to shreds" review since Episode III. He ripped on Crystal Skull a bit, but it was more half and half than I expected going in.

The prequels at least gave us the courtesy of developing the characters. Name one in TFA who wasn't a thin archetype.

3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7

here you go youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

He didn't really like it, though. Or at least he changed his mind.

>the Matrix reviews that everyone's been asking for.

is this something people have been asking for or are you one of those guys that says shit like "everyone" when they mean "I"

I never watched the prequels precisely because I enjoyed the original trilogy

The marketing material around Phantom Menace seemed repulsive at the time in every way and even if you still wanted to see that there's no excuse for watching episodes 2 and 3 after that

His new plinkett video was way too long and seem to miss the point. Why did he waste his time going over the ring theory?

>Mike blindly supports Iraq invasion
>Hey remember how people during the Bush presidency were all incensed war mongers?

It's like poetry

There were 40 minutes of nothing but TFA.

>prequels
>developing the characters

>The prequels at least gave us

Whoa there fella.. grab hold of this hose I attached to the exhaust pipe and stick it in your mouth

did Mike used to be more anti-political-correctness?

Is there some kind of rule he made or law that any video he makes needs to be 90 minutes? maybe thats it.

>1 > 6

>The prequels at least gave us the courtesy of developing the characters.
No, they did the opposite of that. The only good thing about the prequels were all the work put into them by visual artists, even if they were decorating a turd.

washing out 100% shit with 2/3 shit still leaves you with a shitty mouth

Qui-Gon was a more nuanced character than anyone in TFA.

And about an hour of the prequels. I said most, not all. Read son.

Miss the point of what?

is this copypasta?

Yes. Or at least he gave less of a fuck about offending people and had rape dungeon jokes with actual women tied up. Now he's kind of lost his edge

He's always been a milquetoast apathetic gen Xer who accidentally made 3 good reviews then bombed forever

If your definition of nuanced is boring.

>is this something people have been asking for or are you one of those guys that says shit like "everyone" when they mean "I"
He hinted at Matrix Revolutions a few times over the years.
Because it's a bunch of bullshit dressed up as film theory.

the cop dog review was like 20 minutes long.

Elaborate.

That is a disappointment indeed. Plinkett should be redirecting his reviews to plenty of shit that anyone barely talks about, as he said during the conclusion of one of his series.

The fun of a TFA review was sapped out because TFA-related RLM videos have already been released around the movie's release. Early Plinkett videos simply didn't have extra RLM productions taking away the meat of the dissection.

You had a Plinkett video about initial analysis of the first TFA trailer and a study of fan reactions designed to generate buzz. Then a video was released showing the dissolving of classic first series SW figurines in acetone to illustrate the excess merchandising for TFA months before the movie's release. And of course most of the Half In the Bag review for TFA has already revealed much of what Mike thinks about the movie.

Yeah he "hinted" a Matrix sequel review when he was making fun of demanding entitled assholes that want him to review shit he couldn't possibly care about.

You liked the originals so much you never saw anything else Star Wars related, even before you knew Lucas had turned into a total hack?

That story sounds like complete shit

That trio of black guys. Already forget their channel's name.

>LE NORMIES ARE THE PROBLEM LE VOTE TRUMP GOOD GOYIM

Just a reminder.

youtube.com/watch?v=j-J1k6tE7_I
youtube.com/watch?v=utZ19KFFqVo
youtube.com/watch?v=1iMyXJbqWrA

>These mental gymnastics

OY VEY YES TRUMP SUPPORTERS THANK YOU FOR BEING OUR GREATEST ALLY LE CORRECTING LE RECORD XD!

I didn't, he still said it was way better than the prequels and left him wanting to see what would happen next.

He just also addressed flaws because otherwise there'd be no video.

>I loved it. It was everything I wanted it to be
>10 months later
>I still like it

Are you talking about the spill.com guys?
Because mostly their actual analysis of films isn't very good, they're just kind of funny people.

.. jeezus christ

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/filename/trump-can-save-israel.png/

>204 results

Get your head checked

>Someone has espoused a view that I personally find contentious, therefore this must be them being duplicitous in an effort to pander to people whom I perceive as my ideological opposition

The world doesn't operate strictly in accordance to your internet meme wars dude. None of what you said means anything

Thanks for correcting the record.

>I didn't
how's it going Mike?

>when he was making fun of demanding entitled assholes that want him to review shit he couldn't possibly care about.
Nah, he was listing the worsts movie of all time according to him, before opting for kingdom of the crystal skull.

>jokes about raping a Vietnamese woman and refers to the bomb that killed his child as birth control

Yeah that's not edgy enough.

We need more edgy.

Who played JJ Abrams? That wasn't Jay was it?

>he still said it was way better than the prequels
It was, that doesn't mean it was great film. The prequels are awful enough to warrant enough wiggle room for mediocre movies.

Does this shitposter look for any thread starter with "normie" in it?

Was going okay until I read this thread.

Now I'm :(

I was going to tell you about how I fucked the girl Jay wanted when we were younger but now I think I'll keep that to myself because you're all being cyberbullies.

>The video wasn't an hour of Mike recording a personal facial abuse session with a paraplegic girl while beating nigerian children with his rotary phone. Not edgy enough for me.

what the fuck are you talking about?
that review was great:

- the destruction of circle theory
- the destruction of clickbait
- that awesome plot for a star wars movie
- sensible commentary of the diversity obsession of corporate america
- points out a major flaw about episode 7
- deconstruction of the thing he helped popularize: nitpicking flaws in science fiction movies
- the ending

Best RLM thing this year.

W-wait the prequels are 'good' now??

>Jay plays the long con and goes on to fuck Mike's wife on the regular after his dick stops working from booze and stress

Never fuck with Bauman

It's some guy that shows up in their videos every now and then.

just like prequel apologists, the delusional white pride worldwide idiotic trolls needed a systematic takedown of their ideology.

I can't believe he mentioned Mandingo. The cuck meme has gone too far.

>sensible commentary of the diversity obsession of corporate america

And best of all did it without going full Cred Forums. Even pointed out how there were black women in the First Order.

Even said he'd rather see Finn and Rey or Finn and Poe making out instead of there being no romance whatsoever.

WTF I hate Sir Alec Guiness now?!

Hot new thing for contrarians is too pretend like the prequels "aren't that bad," or that TFA is somehow worse for nebulous reasons.

>the destruction of circle theory

He never offers an real counterpoints.

>that awesome plot for a star wars movie

He only had vague suggestions and fanservice

>sensible commentary of the diversity obsession of corporate america

He was inarticulate and contradictory.

>points out a major flaw about episode 7

No he didn't. He avoided any real criticism and just said it was too "familiar".

>deconstruction of the thing he helped popularize: nitpicking flaws in science fiction movies

"Do as I say, not as I do."

>the ending

What? The extended poop joke?

regardless of how good or bad TFA is, I watch plinkett reviews to see someone shit on a movie for an hour in a hilarious way.

1h45m of not really saying anything is just boring.

He showed how the similarities between movies could be found in every single one of them, you're the only thing here not offering any counterpoints. Acknowledging how similar it was to the original theory is pointing out a flaw. Cool tantrum, bro.

"George Lucas is a lazy hack that recycles his content" was his counterpoint

Ur right, he really didn't say anything. I didn't watch it btw.

>a counter argument is a "tantrum"

RLM fags are thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis defensive right now.

>Mike even admitted that it had most of the same problems the prequels did and then completely sidesteps any criticism.
Objectively wrong. He showed how the prequels mirrored the OT in a lot of ways but that was mainly to blow out the ring theory retardation. If you go back and watch the prequels reviews, his problems with the prequels go far beyond mirroring the OT.

It's a false equivalency.

THIS

>He never offers an real counterpoints.

His counterpoint was that there were callbacks and similarities between all of the films. Not just between episode V and episode 2. The cosmology of the films is not a circle, it's a graph with many links.

> No he didn't. He avoided any real criticism and just said it was too "familiar".

The flaw that he propsed is that it lacked sexuality. And thereby was inauthentic.

> What? The extended poop joke?

Sure. What's wrong with a good poop joke?

>3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 4 >>>>>>>>> dog shit >>>>>>>>> 7

fixd

Disregarding arguments is not an argument.

>The flaw that he propsed is that it lacked sexuality. And thereby was inauthentic.

That's not a major flaw. That's not even really a problem. That was him reaching for something to complain about to give the illusion of objectivity.

Here's your (You)

>That's not a major flaw. That's not even really a problem. That was him reaching for something to complain about to give the illusion of objectivity.
It's both a flaw and a major problem when you sanitize a narrative to the point of surrealism.

I stopped watching the TFA review after he started jerking off himself as doing some kind of visionary in complaining about Star Wars prequels.

What a delusional faggot, RLM is such shit now.

>I am incapable of understanding the concept of platonic relationships
>thise two characters who've known each other for less than a die should have fucked for half the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=0Oeaixkj0ec

>Why can't he reassure me in my terrible contrarianism reee
>I am incapable of understanding the concept of platonic relationships
Try not to bring your personal problems into civil discussions, not everyone can see the world under the spectrum like you, friend.

1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > Christmas special > clone wars > books > fanfiction > > > > > > > > > space balls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Star Trek show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Star Trek movies >>>>>>>>>>>>> BG > firefly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> interstellar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> event horizon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lost in space >>>>>>> Galaxy Quest >>>>>>>>>>> Neil Degrasse Tyson space talk YouTube compilations >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> looking through a cheap telescope >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> episode 7

I believe the reason that his sex argument seemed lacking is that he didn't do enough in addressing the racial component of it. No memes intended.

I think he handled the whole segment about diversity far too gingerly, which is somewhat understandable given the sort of social climate that we exist in but at the same time if you're going to shy away from making any form of meaningful assertion then there's almost no point in broaching a subject to begin with.

I feel like if he had just been a bit ballsier he could've gotten down to the heart of the sexuality problem; they probably didn't make Finn and Rey an actual couple because the chinese wouldn't have liked that.

This could've also tied into his previous point about the soulless cabal of market experts that formulates movies to be as broadly 'appealing' as possible. By trying to appeal to western sensibilities about diversity while also subtly acting to try and appeal to the chinese market, the whole thing ends up not really being a satisfactory product for anyone involved.

He could've really consolidated all his points into something far more substantial and coherent had he been willing to risk stepping on some toes.

You know, you don't need to use more than one ">" sign. It makes you look like you were home schooled.

I home schooled ur mom with my cock.

>Contrarian!
>autism!

This is what happens when reddit tries to debate.

ok i think you're an idiot about the ordering, but "looking through a cheap telescope > episode 7" is funny.

so:

4>5>7>6>1>3>2

To be rather fair one person was a scrap scavenger from a dust planet where most male lifeforms would've been aliens with probably incompatible reproductive organs.

The other was a storm trooper his entire life and probably never got any action aside from jerking his dick off to Phasma.

These two people fucking is probably the first thing that would've happened had they knocked into eachother.

Why? If anything that would make sexuality a more alien concept to both of them.

Anyone who ranks TFA over any of the original trilogy is a millennial fuck who's opinion is worthless.

That doesn't make sense. Sexuality isn't really something you need to be socialized to have a concept of. It's within human nature to want to fuck other people.

>Sexuality isn't really something you need to be socialized to have a concept of.

Yes it is.

>I believe the reason that his sex argument seemed lacking is that he didn't do enough in addressing the racial component of it. No memes intended.
I think it was handled properly, focusing on the racial differences would have diminished the point. He also suggested Finn should get it on with Poe at least.

That's why rapists rape.

You disregarded the entire review because he criticized your prequels, you already have the argumentative skills of a wet fart.

You what. Some things are simply instinctual dude. If you were on an island your whole life and suddenly a girl showed up, you'd probably pop a boner. Granted, you may not readily be able to intellectualize that boner, but people far less civilized and informed than us have been managing to fuck for millennia prior to now.

It's really not something you need to read books on or be taught about.

>The other was a storm trooper his entire life and probably never got any action aside from jerking his dick off to Phasma.
Imagine all the femdom going on in those barracks, sweet lawd.

>Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush AND Javier Bardem all in the same movie
Will there even be any scenery left to chew?

>but people far less civilized and informed than us have been managing to fuck for millennia prior to now.

Because of social conditioning. A person raised in isolation would have different ideas.

Not really.

There's no real genetic information to say, "dick goes here".

This. I felt like half of this could have been trimmed to something more cohesive. Didn't he have anyone else at RLM watch and review this before it was finished? O_O

This guy Really hates black people

>It's an "autists on Cred Forums are so broken they can't understand that the need to have sex is a fundamental aspect of the human condition" episode

>Javier Bardem
Nah, he can play it cool.

I remember the original plinkett reviews came out a lot of normies were turned off by them because of the nadine rape stuff.
>He makes some good points but, ugh, does he have to do all those rape stuff. It's creepy and misogynistic.
Mike noticed this and to get his patreon bucks flowing he flanderized the plinkett character to never be shown hurting a poor prostitute again.

Holy shit
Look at these triggered millenial nu males
> h-he liked it reeeeee
Based mike

>There's no real genetic information to say, "dick goes here".
Yeah, it's that part of the human brain called the goddamn amygdala.

>O_O
Get the fuck out. I don't care if you have a point that I agree with.

>it's an user tries too hard to be normal so he acts like sexual tension exists between any two people of the opposite gender episode

IT LITERALLY HAS YOU DUMB NIGGER

I'd argue that to some extent there is. And also it doesn't take a scientist to come to the conclusion that a stiff apparatus can be inserted into an opening.

There are certain things that people are intrinsically attracted to. You could argue that these perceptions of attractiveness are reinforced by social conditioning, but the root cause of any such conditioning coming about in a social context is that those things are sexually arousing on a fundamental level, rather than the other way around.

Breasts and hips and all the rest turn dudes on, it's in our nature to be aroused by those things. Conversely, the same could be said to be true of the things women are enticed by as far as physicality goes.

How do you figure that cave people managed to fuck before the advent of languages which could have conferred information and resulted in people being conditioned. People just have predispositions to find certain things alluring.

I'm just not sure how else I can articulate this. It seems like it should be intuitively correct to presume that members of the same species would have some innate ability to feel attracted to one another, so as to facilitate breeding.

Dude, there is a woman and a black guy for leads. It's the worst movie ever made.

>I remember the original plinkett reviews came out a lot of normies were turned off by them because of the nadine rape stuff.
What rape stuff? He did much worse than rape, he forced her to watch Episode III.

>acts like sexual tension exists between any two people of the opposite gender
Go take your lithium, user.

A nigger, you say? When did we allow this to happen?

>These two characters are a boy and a girl
>they should want to fuck for no reason!

Name some memorable scenes.

How reductive. All he was saying to you is that human beings of the opposite sex tend to think of one another in some sexual capacity, not that this strictly has to result in sex.

So therefore these tow characters need to have a romantic subplot tacked on?

That isn't the conclusion that he drew. You seem to be intent on purposefully misunderstanding this so that you can argue for no reason.

The conclusion he drew was a copout to avoid real criticism. Not all characters need to be attracted to each other.

The bit about diversity was fucking brilliant. Pointing out that they didn't have the balls to have an interracial kiss really showed how pointless and cynical the diversity aspect was, and the way it was presented made the point have the impact of a fucking meteor.

Based Mike absolutely destroyed racists and SJWs in one go. Jesus Fuck.

>The conclusion he drew was a copout to avoid real criticism.
No, that's the conclusion you jumped to out of spite, apparently.

sure, but when NO characters are attracted to each other the setting comes off like they're reading lines in a board room

it was apparently written in the script for them to kiss but the actress wouldn't do it

It is true that not every film needs a romance subplot, nobody is arguing that they do, but you're divorcing this idea from the broader context of the particular film in question.

Mike pointed out that it seemed odd that they would have Finn express interest in Rey and seemingly approach their association from that angle only to later seemingly drop it completely and just never broaching the issue again.

I guess the writing was just not very tight.

>magical, good hearted negro literally laid down his life to save you
>you can't even bring yourself to kiss his forehead goodbye while he's in a coma

Is Rey just an ice queen bitch or something?

I think Kirk kissing Uhura (a white man kissing a black woman) is more acceptable and much easier for people to stomach than black man kissing a white woman. That's all sorts of taboo even in 2016.

Again, why exactly do all movies need a romantic subplot? It's hacky and expected.

Han Solo's death, Rei beating Darth Revan, TR8R.

That seems unlikely. Writing in a full on mouth the mouth kiss would probably have meant that they would have wanted a full on romance to develop in later films. I don't think they would let something that integral to the story hinge on whether Daisy would kiss Boyega or not.

I think the platonic weird forehead kiss was the thing they were always going for

>That's all sorts of taboo even in 2016.
No, there are all sorts of fucked up interracial porn on the internet. You can't pretend to be naive here, son. We can smell your lying pussy over the internet.

I know this is fake, but I want it to be true so badly. The shitstorm that would result, my God.

At the time it was in a grey area, but people have always been more scare about "them taking our women" than "them seducing our men."

This applies to black people as well.

Or maybe a lesbian?

Predictable

Darth who?

reddit

Have you ever watched interracial porn?

It's almost always sickeningly racist. maybe black man on white women is different (I don't watch it), but "ebony" porn is horrifying.

>Pornography and hollywood films intended to be shown in theaters worldwide are the same thing and equally representative of general social sensibilities

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that this is a grade A shitpost.

Otherwise you might just be dumb

You're confusing characterization with subplot. the urge to fuck is the most basic and humanizing urge in the world user. It makes your characters human.

>but people have always been more scare about "them taking our women" than "them seducing our men."

Actually back in the day a lot of white plantation wives were ending up butt flustered that their husbands wouldn't stop fucking the slaves

>105 minute review of The Force Awakens
>Half an hour reviewing a fan theory of the prequels
>20 minutes of making fun of clickbait articles and other YouTube reviewers
>20 minutes of "this is just like A New Hope"
>30 minutes of "Why didn't the negro get the girl?"

Sad!

Why do you resort to "reddit" as some sort of argument? Are you mildly retarded?

That's only one way to make a character human, and it's overdone.

>>Pornography of the time is not representative of general social sensibilities
Do you ever read the bullshit you type before you press "Post"?

Well, yes, but they didn't kill the slaves for seducing white men.

Meanwhile, if a plantation owner found that his daughter was banging a Slave...

>why do characters get hungry, or sleepy, or thirsty? It's so overdone!

You actually think t8tr is an funny meme?

None of those are used to define a character. Using sex to define a character is just lazy. There are more interesting conflicts, especially in a war movie.

It's not. Because the concept of 'niches' exists and not everyone is into the same type of porn.

Interracial porn being a thing doesn't actually mean that people on the whole are necessarily into the prospect of interracial sex, simply that there is some market for it.

Porn also doesn't require the time or money to produce that films do, and thus they can produce more of it in more varied forms to appeal to as many individuals with distinct preferences as is possible.

This really doesn't give any indication of what people on the whole regard as permissible though, no.

Are you going to make another bait post. Reconsider.

>If you made an African film without any male africans in it except some racially charged villains you would probably be murdered.

Luke Cage had a pretty much all black cast and the villains in that explicitly believe in "keeping harlem black" and "stopping whites from moving in", not just vaguely racisty like the first order, and SJWs love it, get mad.

You really think that's what he said there? It was a memorable scene, so there you go.
humanizing a character isn't the same as defining it.

>Using sex to define a character is just lazy.

No, it's just realistic. People are generally defined by sex. You'd know if you ever had any.

>Predictable

as if every movie ever made isnt predictable once you've seen enough

Le trait8r is fuggin epic man :DD
Share it with all muh facbook bros :DDD

And there are other ways to humanize a character.

hell, you don't even have to have had any of it- a character who's frustrated by their own virginity is still a charcter who's very much given a sex drive.

What's memorable about it?

>People are generally defined by sex.

Outside of tumblr, not really.

like what

No, but two people on an emotional, trying journey where they each are involved with the others most exciting points in life tends to get the juices flowing.

That, uh, where the term "passion" comes from. Excited, adrenaline fueled sexuality. Even if it's not a "real bond", stressful situations often lead to people growing pretty damn close.

The Original Star Wars movie showed the human side of high emotional situations with Han and Leia without it becoming a huge subplot. It just happened while other events did. Because that is how people behave. Which was his point.

Fuck, even an almost kiss between SOMEONE would have worked. Calling it a bit sterile and reeking of corporate brainstorming is a completely legitimate criticism.

>moving goalposts

Not an argument.

>no mentioning of the leia/rey hug ignore chewbacca scene

5>4>6>1>3=7>>>>>>>>>

Not defined by what sex they are you fucking idiot

Defined by SEX. The ACT of SEX. Getting LAID. After food and shelter it's the most fundamental urge in the human condition. This is why people who do NOT have a sex drive are considered to be mentally damaged by society.

>>no mentioning of the leia/rey hug
Are you talking about here? Because that was the last part of the review. He literally sang a song about it.

Any of Aristotle's three conflicts.

But don't you see how expected that all is? I don't want to see some trite love story, and it's silly to expect an attraction between two characters of the opposite sex all the time.

People who live unexamined lives and have nothing else going on, sure.

It was just really cool how the stormtrooper was all "ah heeelll noo TRAAITOR" and threw down his shit ready to fuck some shit up. Whole theater was literally losing their shit and I was stomping my feet. It was totally badass.

>romance and sex are trite, base concerns
>they don't belong in my movie about space wizards

>1 hour doing the prequel reviews again but not funny
>1 hour saying how the flick is pretty decent

me on the right

In the time it takes you to watch a 2 hour movie review, you could just watch the movie and form your own fucking opinion. How the shit could anyone defend 2 hour reviews?

All of you degenerate cunts complaining about "only" half of the video being about TFA, look at the fucking title.
"The Star Wars Awakens review". There is no "Force" in the title. It is a review of the whole SW situation today, not only about TFA.

Laffin hard at all of you lorefanbois expecting a TFA roast after Mike said it was a competent movie lmao.

me on the left

At the start of the review, he said part of it would be examining the "world" of Star Wars as it is right now. Right up front. The fact that he then did that, and it somehow caught you guys off guard, is pretty amazing.

Short attention span or what? Fuck, I'm not even a super huge RLM fan. I use them as background audio, and even I caught that point.

He liked Star Trek The Star Trek and still managed to talk about it the whole review

>why didn't the plinkett man hate this movie?????

It's just the prequelfags who thought they could use this review to say "see, TFA is just as bad according to Plinkett". But instead they had their favorite movies shat on even more

All these fucking RLM threads have sucked today. They don't feel like the normal cosy group of fans that shitpost about RLM daily.

The images, the use of #s, the comments all sound like they are being posted by people who have come here from other sites.

Vietnam jokes are safe, they don't trigger feminists

This image hurts.

>Hey why isn't this bank robber in my heist moving tryna get his dick sucked?
>what is this some sort of sterilized simulacrum of real bank robbers?

really making some great points champ

As in, so stupid it hurts to look at?

>People who are angry at black people in Star wars are stupid

I cant believe he actually said that. What the fuck. Is he paid by Soros too?

Mike is becoming George Lucas (except for the billions ofc)
The recent review was his Phantom Menace.

pottery

Only thing I hate were Ray and Finn's voices, they had this weird saliva lisp whispering that tickled my ear wrong

If someone talked like that to me irl I'd just run away

Wrong. This review was clearly a soft reboot of Plinkett.

So he's JJ Abrams.

Reading this thread I'm once again reminded of how retarded Cred Forums can be.

The whole bland industry which is Disney, Hollywood, etc. is just a boardroom of marketing people. These movies aren't born from a spark of creativity, it has nothing to do with movie making or art, it's just a bunch of stats and how much shit you can put in there to appeal to as many people as possible while doing literally nothing and taking zero risks.

Besides capeshit/marvel/DC, etc incl. the JJ Star Trek movies, and now Star Wars are literally all villain of the week movies, I believe he mentions it at part 7?

Everything gets a reboot now but Star Wars is too big to fail, keep it simple and rehashed and you'll earn billions as drooling double digit IQ fans lick it up, take risks and try something new and you might get crucified.

However nobody takes risks anymore it seems, that's why a movie like Fury Road coming from the US felt so refreshing as it was something different than your avarage villain of the week movie with mind numbing explosions, CGI bullshit and forced diversity.

Kids here don't seem to understand they live in an environment where the next door neighbor might be a payed shill advertising a product rather than writing something objectively.

stop being so paranoid, just like ghost busters created hype online just to promote itself so is being done with Star Wars only they just make fun of blacks and never go all the way
Plenty of movies that have interracial couples, why make a big deal out of it?
maybe because that is what Disney wants, maybe they want a climate where everybody of race/sexes are at each other throats because that will create discussion and raises awareness/attention of the product they are trying to sell

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney was behind the whole racist movement just to create hype

No shit.

>J.J. Abram's should direct the new Star Wars movie!
DIRECT fucking quote from "Plinkett."

As in, the truth hurts.

When exactly the Prequel Defense Force arose on Cred Forums? Seriously, if you have problems with Mike liking TFA you haven't understood the critique he made in the prequels reviews.
I thought this is a decent review though too slow and it really should have been two videos.

>Kids here don't seem to understand they live in an environment where the next door neighbor might be a payed shill advertising a product rather than writing something objectively.

i'm not sure what you mean by "review objectively" here. do you mean, review without being paid for it? because i don't think my neighbor is some kind of advertiser for a corporation. do you mean controlled by a meme? then yes, they are.

OMG JUST SOMEONE TELL ME WHEN THIS GETS INTERESTING I MARATHONED THE FIRST 30 MINUTES AND HE'S STILL TALKING ABOUT THE PREQUELS WTF

I don't know, ever heard of stockholm syndrome?

>When exactly the Prequel Defense Force arose on Cred Forums?
A bunch of redditors started the "rethinking the prequels" and "cockring theory" things. So they brought those with them when they started invading the board.
Either that or Disney shills.

*exhales marijuana* duuuuuuuuuuude

I'm kinda glad Mike took on that ring theory. It's just ridiculous.

>I MARATHONED THE FIRST 30 MINUTES

Jesus Christ. Kill yourself. For real.

>A black guy who doesn't want to shoot his gun? This really is science fiction
He's still got it

All those ones copied from the other movies were pretty good.

Being kinda dull and mediocre isn't the same as "bad". It was competent and fine. A few bright spots and the rest kinda "meh".

>waah where was muh bbc breeding waah

is mike officially a cuck?

God, some people on Cred Forums really are racist...

>waah why do I have to masturbate to blacked videos while crying

Are you officially an homo?

RLM seems to be some kind of special autism test. You can tell the level of autism a person has by having them describe various RLM content and see how much of it they simply don't understand because they are unable to understand things like human emotion, sarcasm and relationships.

Pretty much this. He didn't even talk about TFA. He spend 2 hours talking about crazy ring theories.

>waaaah he didn't hate it wah wah

Look, Mike seems to cares more about competent film making rather than the Star Wars mythology so it's natural that he prefers the film that isn't 90% green screen and awful dialogue.

Yes, TFA coasts completely on nostalgia and familiarity, but it's a better made film than the prequels.

lol what a fag u are

Fail

Epic fail

the first half is about the first 6 movies, 2nd half about 7

I was kind of disappointed he pissed away so much time talking about the prequels instead of the fucking movie that was in the title of the video.

wew lads this thread

Is it australian power hours already? What's with the tard invasion here?

pottery

The review was perfectly fine though. Sure as a comedy piece it wasn't nearly as sharp as the prequel reviews but it was very on-point in the whole reviewing aspect. I especially enjoyed that he pointed out the fakeness of the diversity, rather than bitch about how the main lead isn't a white male like you ladies moan about.

You can't fuck something good.
He could've made a Ghostbusters Plinkett review though.

The movie wasn't in the title of the video.

>Fury Road
>not a villain of the week movie
Fury Road sucked, dude

No, it was just his way of saying he wanted to see finn hook up with poop dameron. I think we can all admit that would be far less offensive than finn hooking up with rey

What is wrong with TFA other than what Mike mentioned in the video?

kill yourself

That might have been better.
I feel like Plinkett reviews don't work well when Mike has already tipped his hand in Half in the Bag, which is why he tried to fill time with inane prequel shit.

A version of the movie's title was in the title of the video.

kill yourself swiftly

>A version of the movie's title
Not really, no. And he hinted at that new wave of prequel apologists in the trailer, so it's not like he wasn't going to touch upon the subject.

kys

There's a difference between touching upon the subject and going into an in-depth analysis of some dumbass theory that takes up half the video.

This. And in an unfunny way

The prequel shit was perfectly appropriate though. Plinkett's main audience was always the autists over at Reddit and here on Cred Forums, and while I don't go to Reddit I'm guessing that they had an unfortunate rise of contrarian prequel lovers this year as well.

Thank you

I hope you are trolling.

These posts sum you up perfectly.

>uh, he said at the beginning it was going to be boring so why are you complaining?????

That theory was a knee jerk reaction to his videos and some other documentaries and such.
Those movies suck, dude. Get over it.

>I'm guessing that they had an unfortunate rise of contrarian prequel lovers this year as well.
Are you kidding? That's where they all came from.

So if he tells me he's going to make a shitty boring video, that makes it acceptable for the video to be shitty and boring?

Fuck off retard, honestly the whole video could have been about how to make lasagna as long as it was funny.

Not him but after they leave han's ship and head to the cantina it loses too much pace and becomes boring. Everything after that feels forced and predictable

>uh, he said at the beginning it was going to be boring
Meh, not as boring as the phantom menace.
It was neither, but he gave you a warning and you watched it anyway. You're not the sharpest pencil in the case, are you?

>I'm upset the video is exactly what it said it would be!

That aside, I think it was pretty clear build up to set the background for Episode 7. Bits got a bit dry during that "Ring Theory" shit, but was clearly building the foundation for the later part of the review.

Yeah, I figured as much.
At any rate, his ripping the prequels yet another new asshole was perfectly appropriate.

I did find it amusing that George Lucas was actually being quoted positively in a Plinkett review, with regards to the whole soulless corporation thing.

>Have a series of reviews that are talking about the films
>next one in the series is shit
>""Uhhh he said it would be shit bro are you dumb?""

I was just quoting Plinkett umad?

You never said anything about it being boring in your previous posts

You complained how the whole video isn't about TFA when the title and Mike himself tells you it isn't just about TFA.
Do you intentionally zone out on these things or are you an actual retard?

This guy is making the same points as Mike, just in a negative manner.

>in your previous posts

that was my first post

I don't get why he doesn't even touch on character things like how flawless and boring Rey is, or how Finn's personality makes absolutely no sense for someone raised from birth to be a stormtrooper.

I really enjoyed the review especially the first half with all the prequel stuff and funny websites

>It's some fat failure in wisconsin's fault that I can't read, not my parents'
LMAOing @ ur life.

>So if he tells me he's going to make a shitty boring video, that makes it acceptable for the video to be shitty and boring?
Worked for Space cop ehehhehehebevdeskskyudhskiwpfk

>people sit and watch other people sit and talk about movies; on youtube.

>people sit and post about people sitting and watching other people sit and talk about movies, on youtube, on Cred Forums

>implying the title of the review said "boring unfunny shit"

Is that the girl from the "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" video?

>people sit and watch other people sit and post videos of interracial porn on Cred Forums

But it was boring unfunny shit for you only, Timmy, and you're clearly an idiot.

So basically what I've gathered here is that TFA's flaw aside from what Mike pointed out is that Rey is a "mary sue".

Yeah, that'll fill up a Plinkett style review. Why didn't he trash this movie like the prequels!?

Having an actually discussion is different than watching unqualified dinks pretend to know what they're talking about. Plus, it's just an excuse for them to get easy cash.

lolwut?

>There are actually people who think TFA was anything but a mediocre flick
This is how you spot absolute plebeians.
The movie is so fucking sterile, safe and anonymous I can barely remember the movie.

The amount of butthurt in this post lmao.

Wait so it's shitty and boring because it isn't 2 hours of shitting on TFA? Would that be quality entertainment?
Because if you think his style of presenting his arguments is shitty and boring then you wouldn't complain about the first half but the whole video.

Get well dear friend, rub some rectal cream on your anal sphinkter everything will be okay

>The movie is so fucking sterile, safe and anonymous
What are you struggling to say here? What do they do to people over at Cred Forums? They always come back retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes&t=165s

This is the actual Plinkett review

your a retard

Name me 3 memorable scenes from TFA

He doesn't need to shit on it (though you might take note that it is a common theme in Plinkett reviews that a majority of the humor is derived from), but he does need to be funny.

more like
Name 3 memorable scenes that aren't stolen from ANH

>Rey's lightsaber trip
>Kylo stopping the blaster shot in mid air
>TR-8R fight
>Han's death
>Kylo getting angry at domestic appliances
etc

Second time this is linked. He doesn't really say anything different than Mike, other than everything being a coincidence, which is valid.

This just leads me to believe that you guys are choosing to hate the force awakens, rather than having actual reasons for it.

>Diversity in TFA is a good thing

What the actual fuck? Wasn't Mike a KKK member? I thought he was our guy. WTF is going on? Is he on (((Disney)))'s payroll?

This guy isn't nearly as good at editing

>Rey's lightsaber trip
retarded. what's the reasoning behind this scene?

>Kylo stopping the blaster shot in mid air
This scene was alright because it established him as a menacing character (which was negated later on as he became a comic relief character)

>TR-8R fight
meme

>Han's death
It was ok, but very predictable

>>Kylo getting angry at domestic appliances
no.

Exactly. TFA is better film than the prequels, just less interesting

So we're supposed to list scenes memorable for you, not for us? Ok, that may be a bit tricky though.

I think he's just saying that to get niggers off his back, he just doesn't care about it.

>Implying
do you even watch their shit
They're all liberal as fuck

It's kind of sad how he kept saying it was a "good" movie.

I understood that with Star Trek, but then I was never into the old series so maybe it's different for people who were. But with Star Wars, it's all just so painfully designed by committee that you're constantly taken out of the film by how predictable it all is. It's just not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination.

It's an 5/10, average movie at best. You go in, you pay 20 bucks, and you come out completely unchanged. You aren't mad, you aren't excited, it's just a thing that happened, like you paid 5 bucks for a Big Mac meal because you were kinda hungry. Completely meaningless consumerism.

>He doesn't really say anything different than Mike
Confirmed for not watching the video

>retarded. what's the reasoning behind this scene?
She has magical powers of forza motorsport that are often inconsistent and it may be everything from flashback to her own past to flashback of the lightaber's past? We just don't know it yet as it sets up something in the episode VIII or IX

>This scene was alright because it established him as a menacing character (which was negated later on as he became a comic relief character)
If you thought he was comic relief you never gave this movie a chance.

>meme
No, it shows that owning a lightsaber is not enough, Finn is not a Jedi, and that the Remnants or what are they called are somewhat prepared for melee combat

>It was ok, but very predictable
It was obvious that Harrison Ford would like Han to die, but it was handled really well.

>no
yes

>kylo ren
>comic relief

Out of all the quippy characters you say Kylo is the comic relief character?

Did you just learn that word last week or what because it makes no sense at all.

This.

It's entertainment.

Nah, if he was actually liberal he'd shoehorn some nigger onto the show.

>and praises the fact that the few white males in the whole fucking movie are the villains.

Except he literally didn't say this.

>Starts off as menacing and seemingly stronger than most sith we've seen in the series (able to stop lasers midair like fucking Neo)
>Is then made into a huge manchild
>Cherry on top is him losing a lightsaber battle firstly against a fucking regular stormtrooper and then getting completely wrecked both in terms of lightsaber skills and force power by an untrained girl, who only learned about the force 10 minutes ago

>you're constantly taken out of the film by how predictable it all is
Don't forget the lens flares

The fuck are you talking about, Cred Forums found some old pics of Mike wearing a swastika and some old footage of him with white supremacists in a brawl against some ching chongs.

lol

What, again? TR8R, Solo's death, every time Kylo Ren was on screen.

Kina how I feel about the review. 1,5 hours of nothing in particular.

If you think that's actually Mike in that video you're a blind fucking retard.

I can't remember Mike talking about the wiritng using coincidence as a crutch but he brought up the recycling of ANH, diversity issues, wanting to know what happened before the movie and how certain groups got to where they are.

So what we're missing is calling Rey a Mary Sue fifteen times.

Sitting in a hall for 2 hours for nothing of note so you can talk about it with normies online is what's considered entertainment now, it's fucking painful.

Old films were good, right? I'm not just a jaded piece of shit? You used to watch movies and think, "hey, that was pretty good, I was entertained". Hell, there are still a few films a year that still do that for me, but they tend to be the more cerebral shit.

It's like the middle-ground of fun popcorn movies like Jurassic Park, Jaws, anything with Arnie in it, just fell completely out and was replaced with children's movies from Marvel and Disney.

Pretty much. The only point in the review I found interesting was the mention of love towards the end, it was something I hadn't really thought about. Everything else was either a pointless retread or preaching to the choir.

You must be new on this site, everyone since day one called Mike a white supremacist cause they probably knew him

Yeah.
youtu.be/kdGfGjusufo?t=40m23s

5>4>1>3>6>7>2

0/10

>actually thinking Cred Forums memes are real

Sweet Lord, go outside for once.

nice argument

>It's a "we're totally not SJWs by complaining about 30 seconds of dialogue in a hour and 45 minute video where we get called out as retards for complaining about the most minor thing" thread

He came off as an angry child who wanted to be taken seriously due to teenager angst, which ended up making him throw the silliest tantrums over the slightest shit. Kind of like you, now that I think about it.

I think he was trying to make was -- if you're going to 180 the cast with diversity, then go 360 all the way home. But no, disney didn't because they know it's just the money and it's bad for business. Which makes them hypocrites.

Did that really go over your head?

Complex motives not utterly in line with the good guys, willingness to bend the rules (force pushing dice, etc) and a general sense of THINKING about his actions all have him standing apart from 99% of Star Wars film characters.

i don't even buy into the "revenge of the sith was good" meme but how do you like the phantom menace more

The review actually mentions a lot of the problems or plotholes of the movie, but doesn't go into them. I don't give a fuck about some theory about the prequels.

The first hour feels like "destroying" prequel apologists to show how much better TFA is, even if there isn't anything good to say about the movie beyond "it was entertaining".

>it's predictable in hindsight!
Oh, do fuck off.

>but he brought up the recycling of ANH
Because how could anyone miss that
>diversity issues
What issues, Mike praises it as the second coming while this guy makes Hitler jokes
>wanting to know what happened before the movie and how certain groups got to where they are
Again, everyone wants to know this (in b4 buy the TFA Visual Companion for unsatisfying attempts to cover up the plot holes only $99.99!)
>So what we're missing
Criticism of the cinematography, the acting, the casting, the directing and the writing which this guy didn't shy away from.

It's lose-lose with Rey and Finn. Either it's interracial propaganda or its a trigger for friend zoned betas.

Maybe because, get this, it's titled "Mr. Plinkett's The Star Wars Awakens Review", and not "Mr. Plinkett's Star Wars The Force Awakens" Review.

>the wiritng using coincidence as a crutch
Oh, you mean like every fucking Star Wars movie ever? Because of the fucking force?

People would be more willing to talk about the problems with Rey character if you stopped using the term Mary Sue which is more specific than you realise and doesn't really apply. She's Mary Sue-esque but that's as far as you can take the term.

>complaining about 30 seconds of dialogue
The movie review lasted around 45 minutes.

The problem is that most of those issues are completely surface level, and anyone with half a functioning brain worked them out with a single watch. I feel like the prequel reviews were more in-depth, and had actual gags.

The first hour was a complete waste though, I'm guessing they did the TFA stuff first, realised they could only cover 50 minutes, and slapped on a bunch of bullshit at the beginning directed at a few kooks nobody cares about.

Huh, I didn't notice that.

>Plinkett should be redirecting his reviews to
fuck off

5/10 you're pretty troll-esque but that's as far as you can take the term

I don't even think 90% of the people who watched it did. Everyone's a fucking bandwagoner who doesn't know how RLM operates and thinks "HURR FINALLY HE'S GONNA SHIT ON TFA" when they've stated multiple times that they've enjoyed the film as a whole.

She fits Mary Sue to a tee right now. It's possible that they'll make her more human in the later movies, but as she stands, she's ridiculously over-capable, and the only people pretending she isn't a Mary Sue are fucking morons doing it as some kind of virtue signalling because young girls NEED this role model in film or some shit.

Captain hindsight to the rescue. You're some intensely dumb fuck who doesn't even understand why he's making an ass out of himself.
You either can't grasp that he liked the movie or are severely hurt by the focus on the prequels.
>The first hour was a complete waste though
No, the three prequels were a complete waste, so are people like you.

Regardless of whether they shit on it or not, was it unreasonable to expect that half of the review time would not be dedicated to a ludicrous fan theory about the prequels?

>Published on Oct 2, 2016
>I squeeze gats till my clips is empty. A review of The Force Awakens and much much more...

Yes.

>Kylo stopping the blaster mid air
>Rey scavening the fallen star destroyer
>Rey eating besides the fallen AT-AT
>"A droid... stole a freighter?"
>BB-8's thumbs up
>"GUAAAAARDSS!"
>Rey's flashback
>General Hux speech
>Kylo interrogating Rey
>"BEN!"
>Poe's tie fighter kill streak
>"TRAITOOOR!"
>Rey pulling the saber hilt
>Luke reveal

I'm sure I missed a few, the release was quite a while ago

It's fine that it looked at the series as a whole, but debunking a stupid fan theory wasn't funny, nor was it especially productive for analyzing TFA.

Man, how fucking triggered are you?

Everything that needed to be said about the prequels was already covered in the 6 odd hours of previous reviews. Shitting on Ring theory nutjobs and clickbait trash is low hanging fruit, blatantly only included to pad the video.

By all means, include the stuff about Lucas, and compare the prequels to 7.

Honestly, there was enough material to make a 20 minute segment showing how 7 is almost a shot for shot remake of 4, which would have been far more damning than ring theory shit, and tied into the whole theme.

That's a seriously disappointing video.
Even worse than the Titanic review.
If they didn't have the inspiration to make a Plinkett review they should have gone with Re:review or some other RLM thing.

just let Plinkett die.

Nope.

>He's one of those guys who's not like, racist, but you can tell her[sic] grew up around racists, where it just kind of comes out sometimes

>Shitting on Ring theory nutjobs and clickbait trash is low hanging fruit, blatantly only included to pad the video.
So you had rather specific expectations that weren't fulfilled. I don't see how that works against the content of the video. You're a mess, stop beating around the bush and just admit that you couldn't handle your bumblefuck of a theory being thoroughly ridiculed. And again, not even the title of the video specifies that it was going to be a TFA review. You seem to be the only creature here having trouble grasping that fact.
Hell, most of your complaints are about this review not stating exactly the same shit as that other review.

I thought it was interesting how it relates to all these people suddenly going on about the prequels being good and why.

Why did you translate the scene in to ebonics?

Seriously, what the fuck are you trying to grasp at here?

I expected a review of 7. I was anticipating some additional background stuff about Disney being a shit, the excessive commercialization, which was all there.

Instead half the review was about the fucking prequels, again. We get it, they're an easy target, people who like them are braindead, but it's not what people came to see. It's tangentially related at best, there was no point even going through the list of clickbait reasons when they were that poorly thought out. Leave it as a 20 second "get a load of these nutjobs" bit, because that's all those people deserve, and spend the rest of the time talking about the thing people came to watch.

>losing a lightsaber battle firstly against a fucking regular stormtrooper

Love your autistic headcanon which never happened.

>o-okay but Finn fought well against him nevertheless.

No. Kylo was basically toying with him, he even turns his back on him while he walks around and punches his wound. Only when Finn manages to make a hit Kylo stops playing around and basically BTFO's him immediately

>b-but why didn't he just force choke/push him why bother omg

It's the same thing like samurais, if someone whips out a katana you ain't gonna pull out a glock on him, it's a matter of pride.
And it's even a pussy ass traitor stormtrooper that is pulling an Anakin Skywalker lightsaber on him, ofcourse he will show him that he is not worthy of that weapon.

Kill yourself
not even kidding

I really do not understand all of the praise it gets. I'd sooner watch TFA again, honestly. Maybe I expected too much because of all the hype, it certainly didn't meet expectations.

>I expected a review of 7.
That's not what was announced.
>I was anticipating some additional background stuff about Disney being a shit, the excessive commercialization, which was all there
And you didn't get it, get over it already. He focused on a different subject. His review of Episode VII already happened in Half in the Bag, he liked it, move on.

>I don't see how that works against the content of the video
Different user but he's already done the prequels to death so it's disappointing to see him ramble on about it yet again. No, that doesn't mean we like the prequels and are somehow trying to defend them, he could've blown out the prequel defenders in 5-10 minutes if he really wanted to and gave us a proper TFA review like we were waiting for, but he didn't.
He basically nailed a single theory but ended up giving it way more attention that it otherwise would've had and devoted way too much time to it, which is sort of odd since he's already the king of prequel criticism and nobody outside of a hardcore autistic niche really takes the prequels seriously anymore.

>Different user but he's already done the prequels to death so it's disappointing to see him ramble on about it yet again.
The context forced him to.

Fury Road was easily the disappointment of the year. I mean, honestly, everyone knew TFA was going to be a mess, but FR was just utter cack. The best people could come up with was "oh, the lighting was good!" I'd rather watch Beyond Thunderdome on repeat for a week than watch FR again.

Why do you idiots have it in your head that a Mary Sue has to be an authors insert? Fuck off

The Titanic video is one of the best.

You're not getting it. The reason he focused on the prequels isn't because it had some immense significance, it's because people expect a Plinkett review to be almost 2 hours long and he needed to pad the fuck out of his generally simplistic analysis of a film he's too dumb to hate.'

That's my complaint. Not your autistic "just because you didn't want it doesn't mean it isn't fine" retard argument. I'd rather have him pad out 20 minutes with Baby's Day Out instead of being so disingenuous about it.

>The best people could come up with was "oh, the lighting was good!"

Not only the lighting.

The soundtrack, the sound design, the set production, the acting, the choreography, the framing, composition and overall cinematography, the editing, the pacing, the blocking of actors, line deliveries, costume and make up design etc. Almost every single filmmaking element was great in Fury Road

It's actually that the only fault people can come up with is "the story/script was not amazing".

And a movie is primarily a story-telling vehicle. You can dress up a turd however you want, call it the king, polish it all nice and shiny, but when you show it to someone, all they're going to think is "why did you waste all this money on a turd?" I get that filmmaking requires a lot of people, a lot of editing work, it's not always clear how the finished product will look on set, but honestly, I would have fucking taken the hard drives and nuked them in the microwave before they copied the discs. Letting something that awful get through the door is an absolute atrocity.

I wish that RLM would make a video that explicitly shit on the alt-right viewers. I don't claim them to be alt-right or even sympathetic to the alt-right, I just claim that they don't try hard enough to clean up the scum in their comments and dissuade shitty people from watching them.

>The best people could come up with was "oh, the lighting was good!"

I've literally never heard ANYONE mention this as an either positive or negative aspect of the film, and if that's all you could take from it then I feel sorry for you.

You can't shit on the alt-right because there's no ammo aside from "ugh, just ugh, it's CURRENT YEAR people!".

It's fine for chinks to make films with only Chinese people in. It's fine for Africans to do the same. But if you're white? Well, your movie better be indicative of MODERN society even if you're setting it in the middle ages, you fucking bigot.

>mentions how no one buys any merchant of the prequels
>forgets that Star Wars the clone wars animated shorts basically was the last western show to sell toys and merchandise
I guess that's what happens when you refuse to talk about animation.

I actually took issue with some of those things. Especially the obvious 3D spectacle moments which are a disgrace to filmmaking.

I was remembering some hilarious post about how they shot every film in daytime or something and used filters to make it look like night.

Honestly, I can't recall any positive critique of the film that wasn't bordering on absurdist.

Fair enough, but the thing is that leaving it alone will inevitably lead to alt-righters getting very combative of them, because alt-righters become very upset and offended by perceived slights, no matter how slight. Heck, people are actively arguing that RLM fucked up because by promoting interracial relations, they're promoting white genocide. Leaving it alone is going to make these kinds of thought processes on their comments sections that much more prevalent.66

>everyone not current year is alt-right

The best part is when they use their real names in the comment sections and pretend that they're not exactly like the SJW left that they demonize.

>And a movie is primarily a story-telling vehicle.
Absolutely not, film can be a purely visual medium, and the script for the previous movies wasn't exactly some screenwriting masterpiece.
> I would have fucking taken the hard drives and nuked them in the microwave before they copied the discs.
You're emotionally compromised, I'm thinking one of those mouthbreathers from 8gag, upset about a perceived feminist agenda who's fumbling to discuss film and its elements.

>"And a movie is primarily a story-telling vehicle."

No, a book is a story telling vehicle. So naturally the main parts of a movie are the visual and audio elements.
If all those are done right the movie simply can't be "bad". It doesn't have to be great, but it surely isn't bad.
Not all viewers want a narrative fueled movie which only represents the story, there is art in so many other elements.

If you think Fury Road was utter dogshit than you must HATE movies like Sicario, The Revenant or Koyaanisqatsi.
And you don't have to like them, but to completely dismiss everything about them is absurd.

>"What the hell? A black guy who DOESN'T shoot his gun?!"

>OMG KEK LIBERAL SJW DROPPED REEEEEEEEE

>The reason he focused on the prequels isn't because it had some immense significance, it's because people expect a Plinkett review to be almost 2 hours long and he needed to pad the fuck out of his generally simplistic analysis of a film he's too dumb to hate.'
Oh so we're on mind reading territory now. He's fine with shorter reviews, half of them don't even hit 40 minutes. You want it to be padding and fluff because you're emotionally attached to those movies and feel like you're part of this zeitgeist of prequel rethinkers. You can't stand your point of view not being validated because you're not used to conflict of opinions, like those idiots who wanted to close rotten tomatoes over some shitty superhero movie.
What a bunch of needy cunts.

What's going on with the catalog being full of TFA crap?
It can't be only because of the rlm youtube.

Uh, yeah it's absolutely that. You know how famous those guys are for their Star Wars stuff, right?

Well, were until the turd they dropped today at least.

The Revenant was a simple story reasonably done. Nothing terrible, nothing great. Sicario was legitimately shit though, bland characters, bland scenes, but a few masturbatory shots and all the kino fags start eating out of your hand. And this is the part where you shit on me for not watching some early 80s flick described as "experimental".

anyone remember the name of or got a link to that video RLM did making fun of youtube movie critics/reviewers? Did they delete it from their channel?

Are you seriously still going on about me loving the prequels? They're garbage movies dude, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this.

I don't like the ring theory segment because it's a waste of fucking time debunking something that didn't need to be debunked in the first place, not because I'm secretly a massive fan of it and think the prequels were some unrecognized masterwork.

>"The Revenant was a simple story reasonably done."

But you can say that for Fury Road too. That was basically my point, a story of a movie doesn't have to be deep/complex for a movie to be good

All of those movies have a simple story/script which could have been complete disasters if they didn't do well in all other film categories.

They never made such video.

I know this because I am a RLM historian.

FR wasn't a simple story reasonably done though. It was a bad story reasonably done.

There's a gulf between simple, and bad. Star Wars is simple. The new Ghostbusters is bad.

>Look mom! I'm using big words!
Spotted the 17 year old know-it-all Reddit user. Possibly only child or youngest child.

Alright, I must be confused then. Thanks

No problem, enjoy your day.

>I don't like the ring theory segment because it's a waste of fucking time debunking something that didn't need to be debunked in the first place
I think you're overestimating the reach of that bullshit, though. Even if Mike was just scratching an itch, he felt like he needed to address it and put it in the video. I don't understand this obsession with the video being padded, it was a bit off format but they announced it appropriately.

Are you talking about the RLM Ghostbusters reaction vid, or maybe the star wars clickbait video ?

It was one of the more recent Re:views, Ghostbusters I think.

Yet you can't, for the life of you, come up with any reasons why it's bad, other than "it's really bad".

I'd say stop arguing with the pleb, I've been silently observing your discussion and you are clearly the sane one. He's just mimicking what his favorite youtuber/channel awesome critic has said, but clearly has no comprehension of anything he's saying.